Chapter 30 – Merciless Rimu – Part 2
416 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The game continued.

Rimu's Turn

HP: ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️
Money: $10.000 + $1.250
            = $11.250

Five red hotels give Rimu a profit of $1,250 per turn. Initially, she needed about 8 spins before she could recover her capital costs. But, thanks to Kouta, she regained her capital instantly.

'To be honest, I didn't expect Kouta's black hands (Unlucky hands) to be this bad. I know very well that in my previous life, Kouta was the type who never got SR or SSR at gacha unless using guaranteed SR/SSR tickets...
Maybe he was cursed with Murphy's law? Anyway, it helped me recover my money.'

Rimu nodded to herself as she said.

"I'll use the shop first."

List of buy-able items.
 
Mobility
  • Extra Steps
    Grants you extra move. Cannot be used to avoid traps.
    Price:
    1 step = $1.000
    2 steps = $2.500
    3 steps = $5.000
        
  • Boots
    Protect you from traps, 1x use. 
    Price: $500

[collapse]
Traps
  • Caltrop
    Damage anyone who stepped on it by 10%, 3x use.
    Price: $900
    ­     
  • Glue
    Forced anyone who stepped on it to skip their next turn, 1x use.
    Price: $450
        
  • Oil
    Forced anyone who stepped on it to slip backward 1 tile, 1x use
    Unstackable.
        

    Price: $500

[collapse]
Combat
  • Knife
    Damage the enemy health by 30%, 1x use.
    Point blank only.
    Can only be used once per turn.
    Price: $1.500
        
  • Pistol
    Damage the enemy health, damage depends on the distance,1x use.
    Point blank: 70% damage.
    Adjacent tile: 70 - (20 per every tile distance)% .
    Can only be used once per turn.
    Price: $10.000
        
  • Shield
    Protects the wearer from knife and pistol damage. 1x use.
    Price: $2.000

[collapse]

"I'll buy one { 3 steps}, three { 1 step}, 3{ Oils} and 1 { Knife}."

Rimu listed her purchase calmly.

$5.000 + ($1.000 x3) + ($500 x3) + $1.500= $11.000
Rimu: $11.250 - $11.000 -> $250

The other three observed Rimu's actions curiously.

They wondered what she was planning to do with the stuff. But their curiosity was answered quickly.

After she put the money into the bank, she said.

"First, I'll use { 3 steps} to move my piece to tile 12, then I place {Oil} in this tile.
I'll use { 1 step} to move to tile 13 and place one {Oil} again."

"Huh?" x3

The other three became dumbfounded after seeing Rimu's actions. Perk {Oil} makes anyone who steps on it slip 1 step. This means if they stop on tile 13, they have to move 1 step back to tile 12, and the same trap is also set on tile 12, forcing them to move another step back to tile 11.

And tile 11 will send them to tile 3 (Rimu's 5 hotels).

'Ouch syittt!! So that was her real intention all along. She wants to trap someone and make them pay $5,000!'

However, she wasn't finished yet.

"Oh, I stepped on tile 13 ( Making money). I need to draw the card."

Rimu took one card.

  You have set up a restaurant in the countryside, and got a lot of customer.
Gained $1.500
 

Rimu: $250 -> $1.750

"Oh, nice! But I'm not done yet! I use { 1 step} again and place my last {Oil} in tile 14.
Since the tile 14 is a shop, I buy another { 1 step} and {Oil}. I'll use them on tile 15."

Rimu: $1.750 -> $250

'You still continue?'

The other three had the same thought. Now tiles 11 to 15 have turned into dangerous tiles in one turn.

Frightening!

             
             
           
Kouta⇨ ?   ⇦Nia
    ⬆️   ⇦Riku
    ⬆️   ?    
    ⬆️        
    ⬆️      
             
           
      ?    
      ⇧ Rimu    

"By the way, I haven't throw my dice yet, so there it is."

Says Rimu as she threw the dice.


(5 + 3)

The other three could only looked at her anxiously, fearing what is her next move. Fortunately this time she landed on an empty tile.

Rimu moved her piece 8 steps.

"Turn End".

Riku's Turn

HP: ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️
Money: $5.000
⛏: 1  : 1

Riku facepalmed trying to think of a solution.

'What to do...'

He gripped the dice in his hand tightly. From his position, he will fall into Rimu's trap if he lands a sum of 5 to 9.

   
2 3 4 5 6 7  
3 4 5 6 7 8  
4 5 6 7 8 9  
5 6 7 8 9 10  
6 7 8 9 10 11  
7 8 9 10 11 12  
               

"About 67% probability, huh...? Now you have done it, Rimu." Riku sighed.

"I don't know what you mean." Rimu replied him with a smile.

This was clearly a move against him. {Oil} can only be used once and will be gone when a player steps on it. And the player after Rimu's turn… was undoubtedly Riku himself.

"However, Rimu... You're too naive!"

Riku grinned while throwing one dice with his hand.

"NANI?" Rimu was startled.

Her intuition tells her something was not right with that throw. And her intuition was proven correct in the next moment.

Riku said as he throw the remaining dice.

"There is no rule to prevent the player throws the dice separately."

By controlling his strength and momentum precisely, Riku could get any number as he wished. Though, he could only control his throw just one dice at a time.

At first, he didn't plan to use this method because he thought it was cheating. However, faced with Rimu's attack, he had no choice except to unseal this trick.

"Twelve steps... that's a shop. I'll sell my diamond and buy 3 { Boots} and 2 { Shields}."

Riku: $5.000 + $1.000 - (3x $500 + 2x $2.000) -> $500

Since he got a pair, Riku throw the dice again. But this time he chooses to throw normally. If he wanted to, he could've gotten 6-6 all the time and reach the goal in one sweep turn... But, what's the point of playing then?


(3 + 5)

Riku smiled as he looked at Rimu's direction.

"And this is my extra turn. Eight steps, and Turn End... I caught up with you now." 

"Gununu...!" Rimu gritted her teeth.

Nia and Kouta: "..."

Nia's Turn

HP: ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️
Money: $10.000

Skipped.

"Muuu~"

Nia puffed her cheek with a dissatisfied mood.

Kouta's Turn

HP: ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️
Money: $0

"My turn... This time, I'll got serious!"

Kouta throw the dice.


(5 + 6)

Eleven steps -> tile 14 (shop)

However, the tile has been oiled by Rimu.

14 -> 13 -> 12 -> 11.

You ride a wrong train during your trip and got lost.
Move to tile 3

Tile 3 = Rimu's 5 red hotels -> Pay $5.000

Kouta: $0 -> $ -5.000 (DEBT!)
Rimu: $250 -> $5.250

"NOOOOOOO!!!"

Kouta moved to Circle of Poverty.

Nia, '...Thank goodness my turn is skipped.'

♠♠♠

 

After that, the game continues. However, if one were to describe the situation in the game in words, it could be reduced to one word.

Devastating!

Rimu playfully trampled everyone in the game. Caltrops, glue, grease have spread across the board. Only Riku, who basically cheats with his dice rolls, can put up a good fight. However, even his cheats weren't 100% successful because he sometimes made mistakes with his throws.

There's no one who hasn't tasted Circle of Poverty.

Kouta could only hold back his tears. He could feel Nia glaring at him from time to time with a displeased expression.

This is completely different from the scenario!

In the scenario, the four of them were playing happily, enjoying the game in harmony. Sometimes he would crack a joke and they would laugh and have a smile on their face. During the game, he will try to deepen his relationship with Rimu and show his good side to earn her affection.

Unfortunately, the reality is very harsh.

Rimu's game concept is fundamentally different from the other three. In her previous life, she had players of PUBG, GTA VI, Mobile Legends, etc.

In her mind, games are all about efficiency, speedrunning, and war. Each player must compete to kill each other. Her pleasure was when she saw her opponent's blood splashing like rain with her own eyes.

♦♦♦

 

Kouta: "Yeah... just 5 steps more and I will reach the goal."

Rimu: "Oh, not so fast. Dares to stand in front of me without any shield? That's courting death! "

Kouta: "What!?"

Rimu: "I use { 1 step} to move to Kouta, then I'll attack you with {Knife} and { Pistol}.  SLASH AND BANG!!"

 

SPLAT! SPLAT!

Kouta's HP: ( )
Kouta's HP: ( )

Kouta: WASTED!

 

"NOOOOOOO~!!!"

Rimu hummed happily as she ignores Kouta's despair, she throws the dice with a smile.


(5 + 2)

Rimu reached the goal.

"Yay, I win!"

Riku, Nia, and Kouta: "..."

For some reason, the three of them think of the same thing.

'I don't wanna play this game anymore.'

Avoid playing with Rimu at all costs!

♦♦♦

 

A few minutes later, they finished tidying everything up.

Rimu, Riku and Kouta prepare to return to their respective homes. But before leaving, Rimu spoke with Kouta.

It had been a long time since she'd had such fun. Because all she did in his previous life was work, work, and work. At the very least, she thought she should say thank you before heading home.

"Thanks Kouta, today was really fun. Let's play again sometime."

Rimu's cheerful smile completely captivated Kouta in surprise. He inadvertently looked away from her to hide his blushing face.

"...!! Umm... Yeah... let's play again sometime."

Riku & Nia: 'Please count me out next time.'

12