Chapter 729. Treasures! The Mermaid Queen’s Surprising Actions.
1.7k 14 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I've struck gold! Fufufu, I hope more armies come to attack me~."

Yasenia's exclamation, full of happiness, was very amusing to look at. 

The leaders around her had their lips twitching, but they said nothing. 

Even these leaders were tempted by such a haul because, in the large pile of treasures, at least 20,000 spatial rings came from high-level cultivators.

Although after reaching Epoch Core, most people left a large chunk of their treasures in a personal warehouse, everybody carried a significant part of their fortune and treasures on themselves. 

After all, carrying things like life-saving treasures, techniques they might be learning, or money to buy anything in case they found an unexpected treasure was more than common. 

Other than that, materials they might've found during their journey and other relics and unique treasures a cultivator always carried would also be in these rings. 

Still, after happiness, Yasenia began thinking about having to slowly absorb the treasures from 30 million spatial rings, and her lips twitched. Even if she absorbed the contents of ten spatial rings per second, it would take more than a month of constant extraction without stopping for a single moment.

The dragoness did the math in her head and almost coughed blood. '34 days if I extract ten rings per second on average…' 

Yasenia pondered for a few moments and turned to her trustworthy encyclopedia- cough, mother. With a pitiful tone, she asked. "Mom, can I absorb all treasures into mine without needing to go through them one by one? It will take an eternity if I have to go through them one by one."

Tatyana laughed and nodded. "Of course, there is a way. If not, your mother would've spent her entire life extracting spatial rings."

The girls felt their eyes twitch. 'To say so with so much confidence… Just how many people have you killed!?' 

Kali commented. "Speaking of which, how is a spatial ring created? There are lots of them in every market, but I've never seen one being created."

Angel moved and picked up a stone on the side. Kali and the others turned to look.

Then, our cutie used her glass element to create a lens and melted the rock on her hand, giving it the shape of a ring with her energy manipulation.

After that, she tapped the ground with the tip of her foot, creating a small, thirty-centimeter-wide, complex formation. 

Without a single moment of hesitation, she placed the red-hot ring in the middle of the formation, and then Angel poured energy into it.

One spatial turbulence appeared around the red-hot ring, and after a few seconds, the ring cooled down, the space stabilized, and the formation disappeared, leaving behind a grey and smooth ring.

Angel picked up the ring and threw it at Kali with a cling after her nail hit it flying. "There, a three cubic meters spatial ring." 

The leaders who had seen the entire process looked at Angel as if they were looking at a monster. You must understand that the rock Angel picked was a mortal-ranked material.

It was, quite literally, an ordinary rock that you can find on the roadside.

And yet, Angel had transformed that regular stone into an item of significant value after just ten seconds. 

Kali blinked a few times and poured her energy inside the ring, finding a sturdy and safe space slightly more spacious than a regular bathtub. To test it, she made energy flow toward the ground and pushed the ring to gather anything that it could inside.

A few rocks, plants, and other small items were sucked into the ring, filling it half-way. Kali was honestly impressed. 'She did it so easy.' 

Looking at the cute girl looking up at her, Kali gave Angel a thumbs up. "Awesome!" 

Angel smiled sweetly. "Thank you."

Yasenia turned to look at Tatyana and asked. "Now that we know how spatial rings are created, how do I glomp all these delicious treasures into mine?" 

Tatyana laughed, hugging her arm. "It's easy. First, use your spiritual sense to feel all of them and spread your ring hand forward. Then, will for the treasures in the rings to flow into yours. Your [Five Realm Spatial Ring] will do the rest."

Yasenia nodded and followed her steps. 

After a few seconds, several energy streams flowed out of the pile, gathering in Yasenia's ring. These energy channels were spatial channels connecting the rings. 

From it, Yasenia's ring was absorbing everything at a very high speed. 

Seeing the widening smile on the dragoness face, it was clear that it worked.

The Forest Sky Empress asked, looking at Tatyana. "So, how long will it take for her to absorb all these treasures? A few days?"

Tatyana pondered for a second and answered. "Not longer than half an hour." 

Coraline blinked. "Her ring is processing around 17,000 worth of rings of items per second?" 

Tatyana nodded. "That should be about right. With her strength, it can't go quicker."

Confused, Tengliu asked. "With her strength? What do you mean by that?"

Tatyana smiled. "Yasenia is too weak even to unlock one-millionth of this ring's processing ability. If she could use it perfectly and to its full capacity, a single thought would've been enough to finish this. While there are many spatial rings, the volume of each of them is really small in comparison."

The leaders got thoughtful as they looked at the streams of energy flowing toward Yasenia. 

After half an hour, Yasenia absorbed everything. The dragoness sighed, feeling a bit tired, but a happy smile was on her lips. "I'm done! There are so many things!"

Angel asked. "How many?"

The dragoness spiritually asked her ring to make a summary and commented. "I've collected 12 billion materials in the Magic Rank and below, 59 million on the Earth Rank, and 60 thousand on the Heaven Rank."

"Then, for equipment, there are 97 million on the Magic Rank, 3 million on the Earth Rank, and 512 on the Heaven Rank. Inside the Heaven-Rank, there are 304 low-level, 195 mid-level, and 13 high-level equipment. The total amount of Parus has reached 600 million Flawless Parus."

They were speechless, but Yasenia was not done yet. 

"Moreover, there are plenty of techniques and such. There are about 26 million Magic-Rank and below techniques, 56 thousand Earth-Rank, and 16 Heaven-Ranked. Of those 16 techniques, seven are cultivation techniques, three are offensive skills, two are defensive skills, and four are movement skills. All of them are at the low-level Heaven ranked, and six of them are dual cultivation techniques." 

When they thought that there wasn't anything more, Yasenia then smiled. "And that's without counting the Garuda Patriarch's loot! He gave me 150 million flawless Parus, 50 thousand Earth-Rank materials, two thousand Heaven-ranked materials, one hundred and fifty Earth-ranked techniques, forty-one Heaven-ranked techniques, thirty-seven Earth-ranked treasures, and nine Heaven-ranked treasures."

Her face became a bit downcast. "Sadly, most of these are useless since they are dual cultivation techniques." 

The leaders looked at Yasenia's ring with wonder. Although they were stunned by the number of spoils, they were more shocked by the internal space of Yasenia's rings.

Tengliu commented. "How big is your ring, little Yasenia?"

Yasenia looked at her finger and shrugged. "I don't know. However, knowing how high-ranked of a treasure it is… Probably large enough to store an entire kingdom?"

Tatyana laughed. "That's too small. Some beasts later become too big, so space is essential. Your ring is called [Five Realm Spatial Ring] not only because it is divided into five sections that safely hold different kinds of treasures, but because their size is also realm-sized." 

Looking at the looks she was receiving, she smiled and added. "As for how big a 'realm' is considered. Well, the entirety of Distancia can fit comfortably in your ring a few times over in one of those realms."

The dragoness looked at her ring with awe. 'I'm carrying an entire world in my finger!? As expected, a Nine-Stars Supreme-ranked treasure is absurd.' 

While Yasenia was surprised, knowing who Tatyana was and that this had been her spatial ring for a very long time, she could easily accept it. 

However, for the leaders, it was not the same. The shock they received by hearing that was profound. If any of them still had doubts about Yasenia's origins, the [Five Realms Spatial Ring] solved them. 

With such an unbelievable item in her possession, it was impossible to explain it other than her not being from Distancia. They knew who had the most spacious spatial ring ever created in the Distancia continent, and that was an absolute treasure that reached 25 thousand cubic meters. 

That space was already impressive for them. 

Now, hearing that the thing inside was, quite literally, a few orders of magnitude apart was mind-boggling. 

The Forest Sky Empress spoke after recovering from her shock. "Yasenia, since everything here is resolved, we'll take our leave. It's a shame we couldn't really help much."

The dragoness smiled at her. "Don't worry, Your Majesty. While we did most of the work, the presence of the leaders here gave me an additional layer of credibility, helping me deter the army when I asked for the treasures. If any of you weren't here, they would've probably fought for a longer time, resulting in more unnecessary deaths."

The dragoness looked at them and commented. "As a sign of thanks, I'll share five percent of the loot with each leader present. It might not be much, but I hope it serves as a foundation for our future friendship and cooperation."

There were nine leaders, so Yasenia would part with nearly half of the treasures she collected. 

It might look like a lot, but most of the things she collected were Magic ranked. Treasures of these levels served as nothing but spare change for Yasenia. 

After hearing the dragoness, a trace of gratification appeared in their eyes. 

The Devil Smashing Ape King laughed. "Since it is a present from a junior, who am I to deny it? I'll accept it with thanks!"

Tengliu rolled her beautiful violet-colored eyes. "Aren't you shameless?"

The man smiled and taunted. "If you don't want your share, I'm more than welcome to receive it."

Tengliu snorted, crossing her arm-wings. "Who doesn't want it? A present from little Yasenia is always precious!"

As they spoke, the Mermaid Queen approached Alaia and asked. "Senior, how do I create a solid foundation like yours? I thought I was nearing perfection, but compared to you, I'm just untalented. However, I don't have any clue about what I should do to better myself because I don't have a role model that's stronger or more talented than me in Distancia."

The other eight leaders almost tripped with air, their eyes looking at the Mermaid Queen, who stood honestly in front of Alaia. They couldn't believe that the usual arrogant and cold Mermaid Queen was asking for guidance like a junior. 

Alaia lifted her eyebrow and looked at her with interest. "Not bad. Even if you are talented, if you can't realize that you are lacking and are unwilling to put down your pride to learn and become stronger, your future achievements will be limited. However, you can do that, so you will probably reach far in life as long as you can leave this backward World."

The Mermaid Queen nodded, not taking offense, and spoke, her usual cold voice layered with a hint of respect and admiration. "Thank you, senior. So, is it possible to receive guidance?"

Alaia thought for a moment and looked at Yasenia. "What do you think, Young Miss?"

Yasenia looked at the Mermaid Queen, and many thoughts began appearing in her mind. Her clever and intelligent mind created many plans in a matter of seconds, evaluating the situation and many other factors. 

After a while, she came up with something, but her eyes were doubtful.

'Should I…' 

However, the more she thought about it, the more her eyes became resolute. Finally, she turned toward the Mermaid Queen, her eyes hiding an ambitious light.

'It's a bit risky and sort of a gamble, but it is worth a try.' 

**************************************************************

Kali: What is my love thinking?

Yasenia: A secret~. 

Andrea: *Hugs gently but firmly from behind* Will you really don't tell us~?

Yasenia: *Gulp* E-Even if you tempt me with a hug, I won't bend this time!

Andrea: Okay, I won't press for answers. 

Author: Hm. Done. I summon you!

Arfa42: I'm here~. 

Cecile: Hi.

Arfa42: Hello, Cecile. Well, seniors, here is the question. Can a normal animal cultivate without being a beast? Also, can a beast's bloodline be cultivated? If it can, how and what kind of animals have the highest potential? 

Tatyana: Well, what you call "normal animal" is what we call "mortal beasts." They all fall into the same rules as any other creature. They can't cultivate as a beast unless they are an exception like Cecile, Kali, or Yasenia. Then, a beast's bloodline can also increase in rank with appropriate treasures.

Tatyana: As for who has the highest potential… Those who have any bloodline traces from a high-level bloodline like a Dragon, Phoenix, Qilin, White Tiger, etc.

Arfa42: I see. Thanks! 

Author: And that's all for today. Have a nice day, dears! 

68