Chapter 320. My daughter, awaken!
3.8k 25 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The enemies were stunned when they saw Mirrory.

Since she was one of the strongest and most ancient Treasures, she gave off a terrifying aura. She was obviously weakened to a spec of what her previous self was because she needed her summoner as a catalyst to summon her power into the World.

When summoned to full power in the past, not even the Truth Saint, Fu Jing Jing, could bear the strain, and she exploded into particles.

In short, currently, the strongest wasn't Cecile or Andrea. It was, in fact, Angel.

However, the surprise didn't end with the feeling her aura gave to others.

Mirrory's humanoid form was perfected as much as it could be. Her surreal beauty was on par, if not superior, to Yasenia's. Of course, there was a limit to physical attractiveness. Nonetheless, the aura and sense cultivators released enhanced their natural beauty further, reaching levels of attractiveness no mortal could ever hope to achieve. This ethereal beauty was evergrowing and possibly limitless.

If you combined the red-haired, green-eyed mature Angel and Mirrory's noble temperament, together with her otherworldy aura and red dress, you would end up with a mouthwatering fiery beauty that could make hearts pound with a single stare.

As her red hair waved in the wind, Mirrory looked at the group with her emerald-green eyes and scanned them. Yasenia and the others couldn't help but feel that their most secret parts were being gauged and evaluated.

Her gaze landed on Yasenia and stayed there for a long time. The stare was so deep that even their enemies fell silent, not knowing what was happening.

Then, surprising everyone one more time, Mirrory snorted with disdain and hid inside Angel again. However, she left a single sentence behind. "A mixed dragon scared of a bunch of trash, pathetic."

They all frowned, unable to understand her last comment. However, when they looked at Yasenia, they saw her frozen stiff, her eyes widening in what seemed realization.

Valeria asked Mirrory through a mental link, 'Didn't you say that we shouldn't help them?'

Mirrory snorted one more time, 'I was getting frustrated seeing her walk in circles. How could she not understand such a simple thing?'

Valeria chuckled, 'You say you hate her, but you like her quite a lot, right? She helped your previous master to be freed from Fate, after all.'

Mirrory answered with another snort, but she didn't say anything else.

Outside, the others were about to ask Yasenia what did Mirrory meant, but suddenly their dragoness burst into a loud and free laughter. "Hahahaha!"

Yasenia placed a hand on her eyes as she shook her head and continued laughing aloud. "I'm so stupid. Hahaha!"

Her abrupt laugh gathered everyone's attention.

It wasn't a normal laugh. It was a free laugh, a laugh that carried absolute confidence. A laugh of disdain toward herself and her enemies. A laugh that made fun of everything, including the Heavens.

Something as common as laughing was giving everyone such complex feelings that they didn't know what to think.

"Did she go mad?"

"Why is she laughing? Is the red-haired woman's comment so funny?"

"I don't know. Maybe, the stress of facing so many enemies got to her..."

However, even if the common cultivator couldn't feel it, Angel and the others were different. They felt a change.

At the exact moment Yasenia began laughing, they knew something had changed. It felt like something had fallen into place, as if a small yet resilient chain that was holding Yasenia broke, freeing her from any bindings to the World!

Every single one of them could feel it; something big was about to happen.

Yasenia stopped laughing and looked at the sky with a refreshed smile. "I see… So that's why I couldn't form a connection with the Celestial Attribute. That is why I couldn't use the tools… A mixed dragon… So stupidly simple, yet so hard to realize."

A visible, transparent pulse of energy expanded from Yasenia. It wasn't violent nor gentle, like a film that covered everything it touched. It made people feel as if they had fallen into the water. The reason?

Wherever that pulse of energy passed, the energy in that place stilled as if it had become under the control of something or someone.

*RUMBLE!*

Without warning, the sky darkened, and tribulation clouds began to gather. However, these clouds were extremely terrifying. Black as the deepest of abysses, rumbling with silver, golden, and white lightning that seemed to want to devour the World. All cultivators that looked at them were so scared that even if they wanted to flee, their legs were failing them.

However, Yasenia looked at the sky and smirked, "Somewhere inside my mind, I still considered myself a human. I still looked at myself from a human point of view. Even if I always said I was a dragon, I never really considered myself one."

"I'm not a human. However, I'm also currently not a dragon. I'm a mixed thing without a name." With that statement, the energy inside Yasenia's meridians invaded her veins and mixed with her blood.

This was not something a person should do because the pure energy that flowed through the meridians was damaging to the body. As a result, Yasenia's blood began to boil, giving her skin a reddish glow.

The sight was scary as if Yasenia's body was afflicted with a terrible fever. Angel and the others became nervous, not knowing what was happening. Nonetheless, the fact that Mirrory and Valeria didn't show themselves gave them some peace of mind.

Gerd and the others also wanted to approach and stop whatever the dragoness was doing. However, everybody in the cultivation World knew that trying to tamper with a Tribulation was asking for death. Therefore, they could only grit their teeth as they saw the next events happen.

Red smoke began appearing around Yasenia; it was her blood evaporating through her pores! Yasenia walked away from Cecile and the others, going toward the middle of the clearing between the people. "My blood is made of three bloodlines. My mother's, the golden-tailed senior's, and the black-tailed senior's bloodlines. I'm an incomplete creature, a mix of others without being fully myself."

*BOOM!*

Abruptly, Yasenia's cultivation broke through and entered the Half-step realm! The aura explosion around her made the floor crack as if an enormous weight had suddenly stepped on fragile glass.

Right after, her spiritual sense flooded the place, instantly reaching 90 meters, but it didn't stop there. Yasenia's spiritual sense continued expanding, meter by meter, covering further and further. 91, 92, 93... 97... 98...

Everyone's eyes opened widely.

Yasenia's awakened Spiritual sense was ninety-eight meters! Or was it? Before the eyes of thousands of cultivators, Yasenia's spiritual sense pushed through and crossed into the ninety-nine-meter area!

"Impossible!"

"Ninety-nine innate meters of spiritual sense!?"

"That's absurd!"

"W-Wait, I think it is still growing..."

"Don't tell me..."

And like most of them feared, Yasenia's transparent yet visible spiritual sense broke through the ninety-nine-meter threshold and reached one hundred.

The second it reached the one-hundred-meter mark, it flashed with a golden light, creating a dome around Yasenia for a second. Then, it shrunk inside Yasenia, disappearing from everyone's sight.

Yasenia's innate Spiritual Sense area was 100 meters!

People thought that 100 wasn't even possible, that it was just a measure seniors invented, yet Yasenia proved everyone wrong and reached 100 meters. That meant that Yasenia's potential was limitless. Therefore, although there were some who doubted it before, that statement about her potential being boundless was now proven.

In an instant, people fell into two categories. Do not provoke that creature that is about to soar into the sky and above, or kill that creature that is about to skyrocket into the sky and above before she does it. The first group's thought was born out of logic, and the second out of envy or fear.

Gerd and the others naturally fell into the second group. They really wanted to interrupt whatever was going on, but the aura coming from Yasenia and the fear of the Heavens made them unable to move and stuck them in place.

They felt as if a hand was pressing down on their heads and their spirits, imposing on them to kneel before the birth of an absolute ruler. This only made them angrier.

Who would want to see their enemy suddenly become stronger before their eyes? No one in their right mind. 

Mirrory and Valeria knew that this would become a big event, but they underestimated it. Therefore, they appeared outside and moved the rest of the girls, Ebirah, and Sierra, away from Yasenia.

Even in the dense surroundings, they moved rather easily.

When they moved back to almost the Town's wall, Valeria and Mirrory stayed outside, looking at Yasenia with interest.

Angel asked with an anxious voice, "What is happening, Mirrory? I can feel that Yasenia's strength is still increasing! However, look at her! Her blood is evaporating!"

Valeria laughed gently and said, "Don't worry, little Angel. Yasenia is about to be born."

Cecile and the others looked confused at Valeria. Kali asked aloud, "Born? What do you mean?"

Mirrory answered this time with a smile filled with amusement. "That's not a bad way to put it, Spirit Queen. What she means is that the real Yasenia is about to be born. Not the half-assed puppet thing she was in the past. However, I think the word "Awaken" is more suitable."

Mirrory muttered to herself, "Seeing someone breaking the chains of Fate is something interesting no matter how many times I see it."

However, even with Mirroy's explanation, they were still confused.

Valeria clarified something they didn't know, something not even Yasenia knew. A secret kept by Tatyana until today, but it was something quite easy to see for old Seniors like Valeria and Mirrory. "Yasenia shouldn't have been born as a mortal. With that powerful ritual and her mother's strength, Yasenia's realm from birth should have been much, much higher. At least in the Unification Realm and at most, in the peak of the Dantian Spiritualization Realm."

Their eyes almost popped out of their skulls out of surprise. Valeria smiled and continued, "Nevertheless, she was born as a simple human-looking mortal, that's wrong on too many levels, and it shouldn't have ever happened if all went naturally. However, it is clear that something or someone was manipulating her birth. It didn't even have to be a single thing. That's something even I can't guess about."

Mirrory said, "Stop rambling, Spirit Queen. Little brats, look on to your lover's True Birth. This is her first step! And also the step where she will destroy all her bindings."

Far away, into the Sky Continent, a gorgeous black-haired Empress opened her red eyes slowly.

She was sitting on her throne with her head supported by her fist, clearly waiting for something.

The moment she opened her red eyes, a terrifying aura of Death and Fate flooded the hall. Then, her naturally red lips opened, "[Fate Weaving: Blood Link]."

Her red eyes shone brightly as they pierced through the fabric of reality itself. The space in the middle of the enormous hall sunk and broke open, creating a void.

Right after, an image appeared in her sight.

The image was that of her daughter.

Her daughter's body was in the center of an energy vortex, and the aura around her was terrifying for someone at her level.

The sky above her was covered by a terrifying Heavenly Tribulation, so powerful that it would be impossible for someone of her daughter's strength to overcome it.

Even then, the Death Empress stood up from her throne, her lips raised in an expectant smirk. Then, she excitedly declared, "Welcome to the World, little treasure. Now, show them, little treasure. Show those old fossils, show the World, show Fate itself, that YOUR Destiny isn't predetermined but created by your own hands!"

Tatyana snarled, anger lacing her voice. "Show them that, even if the World Laws stunted your development at birth, even if the God of the Sun and the Goddess of the Moon want to make you their puppet, even if a soul wanted to steal your future even before you were born, you are not one to be stopped nor shackled by those things!"

Tatyana's imperial aura flooded everything in millions of kilometers around her, turning the day into the night as she shouted, "My daughter! Grab the firmament and steal the future between your claws! Recover the strength that was meant to be yours and awaken your Celestial Heritage!"

120