Chapter 403. Hero Distancia’s Strangeness. Five out of the Nine strongest sects.
2.6k 6 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The conversation about interiors and the various luxurious items decorating the hallways continued until they reached the main study.

There was a three-meter tall, wooden, white double door. They were both artistically carved by a master, and the details of the creatures depicted on them were awe-inspiring.

Yasenia could identify a beast-man of an unknown race holding a flaming sword. The image's artistic cues made one feel that this man was a hero.

She asked with curiosity. "Is this an image of the hero? Even if I've heard about him, my clan doesn't teach about our past in detail. Mainly because since I took charge, I tried changing things to look more into the future."

The violet-gold-robed Elder answered. "Yes, that's Distancia. He is the hero who saved us from human oppression. The tales and stories are numerous, and his race has always been a mystery. He appeared out of nowhere, showing impressive growth speed, charisma, and resources. With unstoppable momentum, he swept the Continent and liberated the World. Then, he disappeared."

"Hmm. Do the records say anything about where did he go?"

He shook his head. "No. Most probably, he ascended and became a god-like figure. All the cultivation techniques of our Continent are actually fragments of his. His body cultivation technique was much more intricate; our ancestors could only replicate part of it. Nevertheless, we can reach the limits of cultivation with it."

Yasenia blinked. 'Limits of cultivation? Do they not know about the realms beyond the mortal realms? Also, this person. Did he gain an inheritance from a lost god that fell to the lower dimension? His growth seems even more startling than mine. So strange...'

Yasenia's confused gaze changed to one of pure determination. 'Nevermind, this only reinforces my previous thought of putting in hard work. I must remember that I'm not the most talented, so I must never stop improving.'

Meanwhile, Tatyana started to pay attention. 'These patterns... For a person born in a backward place like this, it is impossible to gain so much talent or strength suddenly. An inheritance also has limits, like with Angel. Even with one of the strongest inheritances in the Universe, she still has to creep up the ladder slowly. So, there is only one explanation left.'

'A transmigrator or reincarnator with the World's assistance. Maybe a system or some sort of unmatched treasure.'

Tatyana looked at Yasenia stealthily and saw her golden eyes shining with vigor. Her own lips quirked in a smile. 'Well, my little treasure won't lose to these people. Even if she crosses them, I'm confident in her chances of winning or befriending them.'

Shortly after, they finally crossed wooden white double doors.

The room they entered was big enough to hold even fifty people in a meeting.

The floor was made of white marble covered by stylish brown carpets. The luxurious furniture was wooden, giving the whole room a rustic feeling.

The room's color palette was a mix of browns, whites, and gold, increasing the feeling of wealth and prosperity. The couch and chairs were black, increasing the formality of the place.

'A nice room.' Yasenia thought.

It was quite a beautiful room.

They all walked toward the center of the room and sat on the comfortable-looking sofas, facing each other.

Yasenia sat with Cecile and Kali at her sides. Angel and Evelyn stood behind Kali and Cecile respectively, their postures relaxed, but there was an air of solemnity. Tatyana was behind Yasenia, softly massaging her shoulders.

At the same time, Andrea stood five meters away, her weapon always ready, looking like a personal guard that only knew battle and protecting her masters.

Kaleina was softly coiled around Yasenia's neck, examining her surroundings curiously with her beautiful golden eyes, which she inherited from Yasenia.

Ebirah, Sierra, Valeria, and Mirrory were paying attention from the inside of their respective masters.

Their postures were all correct. However, Yasenia had to send a message to Tatyana to restrain herself! She was getting soft all over because of her skillful hands. 'Mom, don't play around! We are about to enter the serious part of the conversation!'

Tatyana blinked twice, feeling wronged. 'Little treasure, I wasn't playing around. I'm very earnest in massaging you. Sniff, you don't want your mommy anymore...'

Yasenia instantly changed her stance. 'Hmph, who said that? Continue the massage. I love you the most. Who dares to stop your massage? It is not me, at least.'

Tatyana smirked secretly while the others felt their lips twitching. 'Our dragoness brain cells stop working when Tatyana shows a sad face.'

Of course, Tatyana didn't play around and made the massage relaxing. She knew that if she continued as before, her daughter would start purring subconsciously sooner or later.

The alchemy Elder started the conversation. "Well, let's start by presenting ourselves. Do you want to go first?"

Yasenia smiled calmly and answered. "I'll give this honor to the elders. I'm just a junior, so it is a matter of fact to let the seniors go first."

The sword cultivator raised his eyebrow. "You weren't too respectful earlier."

Yasenia laughed softly and answered with a smile. "There is a fine line between showing arrogance and showing strength. I'll act respectfully to those who respect me and give them the respect and seniority they deserve. Therefore, allowing you seniors who have been acting in line after our first small altercation is the minimum I must do."

Their eyes flashed with praise, and their attitudes naturally changed. They relaxed their guard a bit and began presenting themselves.

"Well, since you are so polite, this old woman will go first. I'm Elder Mu, from the [Nine Herb Fragrance sect]. It is a pleasure to meet young heroes who know how to carry themselves."

The other woman chuckled and gently spoke after her. "I'm Elder Song, from the [Nine Pure Melody sect]. Your beauty is like art. I'm sure plenty of my disciples would like to draw you. You can come to our sect whenever you are free. We won't mistreat you."

Then, the yellow-robed bear-kin man spoke with a grin. "Indeed, young heroes who know to carry themselves are pleasing to the eyes. I'm Elder Yu, from the [Nine Molten Hammer Sect]. I'm curious about the person who forged that sword, so you can come and present them to me whenever you are free."

The other two older men spoke next.

"I'm Elder Huo, from the [Nine Earthly Sword sect]. I'm still unconvinced about my previous results. I would like to have a spar with your guard."

Finally, the violet-gold robbed man spoke. "I'm Elder Mao, from the [Nine Golden Body Sect]. I'm curious as to what body cultivation technique you are practicing. I'm sure it isn't recorded in our extensive library, so I can pay for it if it is for sale. My sect likes to collect the myriads of cultivation methods."

Yasenia and the others got thoughtful. 'The [Nine Golden Body Sect] should be one of our stops in this Continent. If their library is as vast as they say, it will be like a small treasure trove for us.'

Andrea commented. 'In truth, all of them are worthy of exploring. The one we are the least interested in is the harmony sect. However, the rest are interesting in their own right. You have sword Intent, right? You may learn a lot in the sword sect, Yasenia.'

Angel nodded. 'It is a shame there is no formation sect. However, we should visit the others in the future.'

Ebirah also commented. 'Our Continent is said to have Three Empires, Nine sects, and Thirty-three clans. However, that isn't really true. Mom said to me that there were many more powers. However, those powers that reach the top will add those suffixes to their clans. For example, our clan is the [Fifteenth Sun Engulfing Ore Lobster Clan]. Also, the sects and Empires don't order their strength rankings. Only the clans do so."

Kali asked. 'Oh? That means that the "Nine" title is a title that can be taken away?'

Ebirah affirmed it. 'Yes, not only for sects. The clans and Empires are also the same. Weaker powers can challenge stronger ones at any given time. Of course, there are some regulations, but it is not overly complicated.'

Yasenia sent thanks to Ebirah. 'Thank you, little Ebirah.'

Ebirah said happily, 'Not a problem!'

Their conversation was fast, so it didn't delay the general flow of the discussion.

Yasenia said. "Thank you for all your offers, seniors. We'll take them into serious consideration. My name is Yasenia Dravory, the Matriarch of our hidden [Astral Sky Clan]. I hope these elders from the Nine sects can lend us your knowledge."

"Astral Sky Clan? I've never heard of you." Elder Mao from the Golden Body Sect was doubtful.

Yasenia smiled. "That's normal. We've been hiding for millennia until we amassed enough resources and strength. Now, we've decided to come out in the open. However, we never wanted to do it in a high-key manner. We want to slowly integrate with the Continent flow and become part of it."

Elder Song, from the Harmony Sect, chuckled with amusement. "Well, you made quite a commotion."

Yasenia sighed with a smile. "Who would've thought that my juniors would create such a commotion? I told them to maintain a low profile, yet here I am, trying to explain myself to the elders of the Nine Sects. They'll receive severe spanking when we reach home."

The elders laughed good-humouredly.

Meanwhile, two of our girls thought. 'Hm? Why is she rewarding us for her mistakes?'

Elder Song from the Harmony sect spoke again. "Well, restricting children is not good either way. You can also count it as a blessing in disguise since it has allowed you to contact five of the Nine sects quite easily."

Yasenia nodded. "That's why they will only be spanked. They would be locked in solitary cultivation for a long time if it was serious. However, I'm not only lucky because of contacting all of you. I'm also fortunate that the elders I met are merciful seniors."

Yasenia sighed with a complicated expression. "If you had interrupted what they were doing, it would have made us irreconcilable enemies."

Elder Yu from the Molten Hammer Sect asked curiously. "Was it that important?"

Yasenia nodded seriously. "If it weren't, we wouldn't have to provoke the supreme powers of our Continent. Who would like to be at War with five of the nine sects? Although we are not afraid, we are not reckless youngsters who would bite whoever provokes them. We like to avoid conflicts as much as possible."

Elder Mu from the Herb Fragrance Sect asked. "Do you mind telling us what it was?"

Yasenia thought about it and put on a complex expression. Then, she sighed and said apologetically. "It is one of our main secrets. Flaunting wealth often results in catastrophe. I will have to abstain from answering your question, Elder Mu. I'm sorry."

Elder Mu didn't insist. "Don't worry. You are a good leader, so I'm sure you are just doing your best for your followers."

Yasenia smiled softly. "They are my juniors, after all."

She refrained from answering things like "I'm willing to sacrifice everything for them" or exaggerated claims because that would only create a target and a weakness.

Being vague about these things is usually the best.

As they spoke, their eyes couldn't help but gravitate toward Yasenia's neck.

Kaleina felt many eyes landing on her and she slithered back inside Yasenia's abundant black hair. However, after hiding, she curiously poked her head to look out.

Elder Song laughed gently, and her eyes showed a doting light. "What kind of beast is it? I've never seen something like it."

Yasenia didn't plan to answer vaguely and create misunderstandings. Therefore, she thought for a moment before answering.

91