Chapter 461. Cecile’s show of strength. A harsh punishment(?).
2.2k 11 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days later, Yasenia looked out the window and saw Cecile leaving with a group of one hundred harpies.

The one hundred flying women soared in the sky and vanished in the distance, accelerating toward somewhere along the East of Koran City. Astral Sky Clan was in the northern district.

Yasenia frowned for a second, her heart filled with worry. Even if they went outside to buy something, our pampering dragoness would always feel her heart squeezing with concern. 'Be careful, sweetheart.'

Setting up Astral Sky Clan from scratch in an unknown location was difficult, and Yasenia couldn't slack only to babysit her dear.

She also trusted them and would not interfere in what they did unless she knew something about the result or had other plans that conflicted with theirs.

Yasenia was of the mind that her lovers were not vases. They were capable women with excellent judgment and rationalizing capabilities.

Each excelled at what they did with much more success than Yasenia hoped to achieve in the same areas.

They were her pride and joy, and nobody could ever change that.

Meanwhile, Cecile led one hundred harpies across the sky and soon arrived at the [Bone Mouse Clan].

The mansion was big but not very impressive.

A third-rate power was untouchable for the general populace, but they were less than mediocre in the overall scheme of things.

Astral Sky Clan's current military strength was similar to a powerful third-rate institution. Their advantage was that their productive strength was near a first-rate power, making their exterior look much brighter than the [Bone Mouse Clan].

"Remember, we are here to show that we are not a power that anybody can bully and throw around as they like. We are new and unknown in the continent, and our items' quality has started spreading. Covetous people will obviously target us. Our job is to protect our clan from these greedy people who don't know their place!"

"Yes, Ma'am!"

Cecile nodded and looked at the large mansion in the distance. "We've arrived. Remember training and separate into groups of five. Coordinate with the team leaders, and do not let one of you perish. If you die, I'll kill you!"

"Understood!"

After landing, many eyes turned curiously. The Astral Sky Shop has been quite a hit, so a few knew which power they were from.

When the people around asked, they also understood that this army of one hundred naked harpies was from the Astral Sky Clan.

One person laughed and mocked them. "What are they here for, to have an orgy?"

Cecile glanced at him sideways and waved her hand.

A tornado grew from the ground and threw him flying over the buildings.

"Any more people who want to disrespect my subordinates?"

The Phoenix's cold and indifferent voice was more than enough deterrent for the spectators not to dare mock them.

Although the harpies were naked, they all had something that stood up, a beautiful necklace. This ornate chain necklace had a pendant shaped like a Moon and a Sun held within a dragon claw.

It was beautifully crafted, making more than a few people want to wear one.

The silver-winged female that blew someone flying was also known, as her peerless beauty was easy to remember.

Cecile spread her voice toward the [Bone Mouse Clan] mansion. "I've come here to speak with your leader. Tell him to come out. You can also invite us in, but I can't promise the mansion will be the same when we enter and leave."

Moments earlier, inside the mansion, the Bone Mouse family leader spoke with another family leader.

He had a broad smile and was bragging about his son.

"Yes, my son is very talented and could normally infiltrate. Moreover, I told him not to do anything for a year or two to help the guard around him lessen. He should be able to give me excellent results in a while."

The other person was a woman from a low-influence feline-related clan. "That's very nice. He tried to aim for the management section recruitment, right? My daughter aimed to become a blacksmith and was eliminated very early. She said that the tests were impossible or something like that. Truly, she is a waste even though she is beautiful. Couldn't she have used that body of hers or something to convince the people?"

"Right, yesterday, my son said he is already very close to one of the veteran harpies. They are a couple already, hahaha. That Matriarch of the Astral Sky Clan won't know what hit her when one of her harpies betrays her."

Suddenly, they heard a cold voice penetrating the walls.

"I've come here to speak with your leader…"

It was Cecile calling them.

The woman raised her eyebrow and almost laughed aloud. "Did your son make a blunder already? Or have they come to do a trade?"

The man with mouse ears frowned and stood up. He looked at a screen made out of jade that reflected the outside and saw the small army standing outside.

"I don't know why they are here, but it can't be anything good if so many harpies accompany her."

The feline woman asked calmly. "So, what will you do? It is rumored that the Astral Sky Clan is a powerful second-rate power. Our little houses can't afford to offend them."

The man sneered. "They aren't the first second-rate power I've had to face. Moreover, no matter what kind of blunder my son did, it is impossible to do serious damage unless they are very incompetent."

The man was not stupid. He could keep a third-rate power alive for this long, after all. A person needs a minimum of skill and intelligence to do so.

The man thought for a moment and spoke. "Who do they think they are to make me go out? They are just a new power. Even if they are second-rate, first-rate powers live in Koran City. They can't act like they don't exist and make trouble for me. Not to mention, [Five Shadow Fang] has been backing me recently. Even if they attack us, what can they do against the formation surrounding my mansion?"

The woman found his logic reasonable.

He turned toward a servant and gave her orders.

Cecile saw a human servant stepping out with quite a skinny body and rags as clothes. He said with a weak voice. "Your Beast Excellence, our Patriarch is meeting with the Matriarch of the [Earth Burrow Cat Clan]. You should make an appointment first if you want to meet. Our Patriarch will welcome you dearly if you do so."

The harpies behind Cecile lost their calm expressions and glared at him. "Who does he think he is to ignore our Army Commander!?"

"Army Commander, let me go, and I'll bring the Lady his head! Ignoring our beautiful Lady Cecile is like slapping the Matriarch's face!"

"Moreover, he sent such a malnourished slave to us. Does he think we are not worthy of sending a proper servant to welcome us!?"

However, the angriest one wasn't them but Cecile.

Disrespecting her was the same as disrespecting Yasenia.

And disrespecting Yasenia in front of Cecile… Let's say it wasn't a very bright idea.

Cecile's voice was so cold that people almost put on extra clothes. "You return inside and tell him to come out. Once you tell him the news, he has ten seconds to step out."

The human had been scared shitless by their angry reaction, so he hurried back inside.

When the Bone Mouse Patriarch heard his report, he frowned and asked the woman with him. "Is she serious?"

"Ten… Nine…"

The Patriarch and Matriarch heard the countdown inside the mansion and looked at each other.

"What do you think she will do after the countdown?"

"Eight… "

"I honestly don't know. However…"

"Seven…"

"… she shouldn't do something too outrageous, right?"

"Six…"

"I also think so. They are a new power, after all."

"Five…"

"M-Maybe I should go and meet her."

"Four…"

Cecile's eyes became emotionless as the temperature in the surroundings plummeted.

The woman urged him and spoke. "Hurry up! Hurry up!"

"Three…"

The man dashed outside and ran toward the entrance.

"Two…"

He reached the main lobby and continued dashing outside.

"One…"

The man opened the door and was about to run out when Cecile's merciless countdown ended.

"Zero."

Cecile flapped her wings and flew above the mansion. "Good, regret is what you shall feel."

Cecile's aura burst from her body.

Her [Moon Phoenix] Bloodline pressure mixed with her aura pressure as a beautiful dress of silver feathers coated in white fire adorned her body.

The frigid temperature and powerful force created by Cecile's strength caused the water vapor in the air to deposit as solid water, resulting in a water crystal whirlwind.

She placed her hand in the position to grab a bow and began tensing an invisible bowstring. As her fingers went back, a crystal blue bow with a white string materialized in her grasp.

The Mouse Clan Patriarch and the Cat Clan Matriarch felt their hearts trembling as energy gathered toward Cecile.

He finally ran outside and appeared on the ground. "Miss, stop! We can talk about it!"

Cecile looked on coldly, and her hand didn't stop tensing the bow. "I gave you a chance to appear before me and explain why you sent spies to my clan. You didn't take it. Now, bear the consequences."

"WAIT-!"

"[Exploding Moon Arrow]."

Cecile released the string, and the air before her compressed and exploded violently as the momentum of the silver blue arrow ripped the air apart.

The Patriarch wanted to react but was in the middle of the Ethereal Soul Body Realm. His strength was not low, but he could not respond to Cecile's powerful arrow.

In an instant, the arrow collided with an invisible dome and pushed the dome inward, bending it badly.

'Right, The formation can resist-.'

*Crack.*

'Huh?'

*BOOM!*

The formations around the mansion shattered like glass as a hurricane of Moon and Wind energies razed a large part of the mansion to the ground.

The shockwave threw all mortals backward, rupturing the eardrums of those closest and causing some to faint immediately.

The powerful whirlwind of energies disappeared briefly, but the damage was easily visible.

Cecile looked down at the white-faced Patriarch and said coldly. "This is our warning to all powers inside Koran City. You can try sending spies our way, but you must consider the consequences first. The Bone Mouse Spy did nothing this time, so we'll leave it at the destruction of a few buildings."

"For all the powers listening and not wanting to play with us, we allow you to come and retrieve any existing Spies within the next week, and there won't be any retaliation. After that… Don't blame us for being ruthless. We don't like having spines in our skin, much less our heart."

Cecile turned toward the awe-struck harpies and commanded. "There wasn't any resistance. We are leaving immediately. Follow me."

A collective female shout echoed. "Yes, Army Commander!"

Then, they all flew away.

The Patriarch looked at them with trembling lips and finally said nothing. He sighed deeply and turned around, asking. "H-How many deaths?"

A report came later, and his eyes became strange. "Zero deaths? There are a few injured people, but all damage besides building damage can be covered with a few hundred mid-level Parus."

He looked at the destroyed house and placed a hand on his forehead. Then, he turned toward the Earth Burrow Cat woman and commented. "Matriarch, if you have any spies you haven't spoken to me, I recommend listening to the Astral Sky Clan warning. This time, they showed mercy. However, the next time, they may not be as easy to deal with. Spread this knowledge."

The woman looked at the half-destroyed buildings and imagined it being her house. She couldn't help but have a few chills because of fear.

"I will do so. We'll see each other again in the future, Patriarch. Goodbye."

Then, she left without saying anything more.

The Patriarch sighed. "At least I was lucky not to send my troops against her and avoided much damage. Their action is like killing the chicken to warn the monkeys. I bet that not many people will risk offending them from now on. They played their cards well. However, how did my son get discovered so early? I'm curious to know, but I don't think he will come back…."

In the Astral Sky Clan, a little play of a harpy crying and pleading for a mouse man was going on.

"I've already told you that he is a spy! Is your brain so love-addled you can't understand my words!?"

"Ghana, sister Ghana! Please, forgive him! I love him!"

"Is his or the Matriarch's safety more important!?" Ghana's roar startled the harpy, making her hiccup.

Ghana sighed and shook her head. "Go to meet the Matriarch and prepare for punishment. You are lucky to be a veteran harpy, or your fate wouldn't be so simple."

All the people watching saw Ghana carrying away a badly injured half-naked man and a sad harpy that walked as if she would be killed in the next instant.

A few of the spies that recently entered gulped and got second thoughts.

When the harpy entered Yasenia's office, she cheered and rushed into Yasenia's embrace. "Matriarch! Did I do well?"

Yasenia laughed with a doting and helpless gaze. "You did very well. I almost thought you truly loved him for a second."

"Yuck! Don't joke about that, Matriarch! The person I love the most is you!"

"Ho, Ho. I'm really flattered~."

"Hmph, one day, I'll be able to have intercourse with the Matriarch."

"You spoiled brat. I'm going to spank you so many times that all the clan members will have a view of your red butt for days!"

And then the sounds of a harpy crying in… pain? Was it pain? Why does it sound so…

Ahem, anyway, the sounds of a harpy crying in pain spread in the room.

She was so much in pain that she was crying and whimpering, her body trembling because of the harsh punishment.

The curious people saw a harpy walk out with wobbly legs and a very obvious red butt. The tears on her face had not dried out yet, and her eyes were dazed as if she had been sucked out of her soul.

The new clan members trembled in fear. 'Lady Yasenia is so harsh with her people. Who knows what she can do to us.'

The harpies who saw it also trembled but with a different feeling inside them.

The new people thought the harpies were sad because of their comrade's miserable fate.

Only the harpies knew… They were dying of jealousy!

'I want to be spanked by the Matriarch!'

86