Chapter 515. First altercations. [Vine Horror Soul Hound].
2.1k 3 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After witnessing the large crack across the dome's surface, Yasenia couldn't help but feel her heart twitch. Although she was confident in resisting an attack like that, losing a limb to it was a best-case scenario.

Unless she unleashed everything in her arsenal, that attack would be a dangerous blow to face.

On Yasenia's back, the girls discussed among themselves.

Evelyn asked with a serious tone. 'Can the formation hold against a barrage of such attacks?'

Angel answered positively. 'Yes. It should.'

Andrea commented. 'It would not be logical if it couldn't hold on, to be honest.'

And as soon as Andrea finished speaking, the crack along the surface of the colossal dome covering the mountain and a large part of the surrounding area healed instantly.

Our girls relaxed, but the rest of the people had a grimace on their faces.

Yasenia was still acting enraged, and her aura was blasting around like a hurricane of energy. She shouted aloud again as if she didn't care for the dome's situation. "YOU LOWLY CREATURES. COME OUT AND FACE ME!"

Elder Mao shouted. "Lady Yasenia, calm down! Could you attack the dome and try to destroy it?"

Yasenia's golden eyes turned toward them, and her pressure made them feel suffocated.

Elder Mu frowned and looked around them. "Lady Yasenia, we have visitors. It looks like the ambush is more than a formation."

Elder Song was enraged because of the attack Yasenia had received, and her face was cold and murderous. "It doesn't matter. Let's slaughter them all for provoking us."

The creatures that appeared were hundreds of plant creatures led by a powerful-looking tree man.

The plant lifeforms were together and had an imposing aura. However, the seniors found it slightly lacking for being an attack formation prepared to deal with them.

An Elder from the Fu family asked. "A Tree Man? What are they doing in this area? They should be much further north."

Elder Mu squinted and spoke. "Be careful. They are not a common species. Look, his race is a [Bone Melting Tree Man]."

Elder Mao was stunned. "Those? I thought they almost went extinct-."

Yasenia coldly interrupted, her voice filled with killing intent. "Even if he is the last of his species, today he will die."

Before the seniors said anything, Yasenia flapped her wings and flew above the group of plant creatures.

Then, the already monstrous aura around Yasenia multiplied many times over.

"[SUN DRAGON BREATH]!"

Yasenia's draconic body gained a faint golden glow as the energy around her was absorbed by her body.

Yasenia wanted to show unmatched strength, so she absorbed all the energy she could and moved a thread of Celestial Energy into her attack.

The dragoness's breath attack was an innate skill.

Innate skills were skills part of oneself, a skill she had an extreme affinity for. Therefore, adding this strand of Celestial Energy was possible.

Even then, the way she used to add the Celestial Energy was not a natural addition but a forceful action. Instead of sharpening a blade, it was like using more brute force without care for the edge breaking.

As the attack went from her insides out, Yasenia felt her throat bloat and about to burst. The energy rushing out of her was burning its way out as the pressure became so dense that it began condensing the air around her.

However, the result of the attack was well worth it.

Yasenia roared without holding anything back.

*ROAR!*

With a dragon cry that made everything tremble, a golden beam spanning more than two hundred meters wide burst out of her mouth, scorching everything in her path.

The monstrous breath attack moved instantaneously for everyone observing the horrifying attack, and it bathed the surroundings in a tsunami of light and heat.

The [Sun Dragon Breath] exploded in the middle of the recently formed plant creatures and burst in an explosion that consumed and carbonized everything around the impact point.

Everyone was blinded for a few seconds and impacted by the powerful shockwave of the breath attack a few moments before they regained their sight.

The shockwave was like a steel wall, almost throwing the juniors off their flying swords.

The energy in that attack horrified them as the strand of Celestial Energy made their senses scream danger in every sense possible.

When they saw the results of the attack, they broke out in a cold sweat.

The dome covered the largest mountain peak and five surrounding ones. They were much smaller than the main peak, but they weren't small.

Yasenia's breath attack had annihilated one of those peaks with every plant-based creature in that area, leaving a bubbling magma pool behind.

It didn't end there.

Because the creatures had spawned near the edge of the formation, the attack had also impacted it head-on, generating spider-web-like cracks that covered a large portion of the dome.

Yet, as it appeared, the cracks also healed as fast as before. Before a second went by, they had disappeared, leaving behind a pristine, transparent structure.

Jorey gulped and smiled wryly, looking at the bubbling lava pool. "Well… That's that for the ambush, I guess."

Carbira muttered. "Heavens, I didn't know Lady Yasenia was this strong."

The Elders also looked surprised. They knew that Yasenia was strong, but this was a confirmation that Yasenia's attitude until now was deserved.

In truth, however, Yasenia has deceived them all.

Was Yasenia's attack stronger than Elder Hao's? Not by much.

The damage was different, and the impact and aura were different. However, if Elder Hao had directed that attack toward one of these peaks, it would've probably created equal destruction in the shape of a slash instead of an explosion.

Yet, as Yasenia usually did, playing with her auras and using the visual factors, she ensured that they thought her strength was much superior.

In their minds, Yasenia was now an Epoch Core Realm Cultivator. Someone above their strength that was within the limits of an Ethereal Soul Realm Body Cultivator.

After the impact of all the girls on Yasenia's back, there was one missing.

That person was Tatyana.

Tatyana took the chance to slip away after Yasenia smashed into the mountain to take control of the formation.

Right now, she was looking at the bubbling crater and blinking. 'That was supposed to be the first wave… I didn't expect her to annihilate it right away.'

Tatyana sighed. 'Well, it doesn't matter. Those things were just an appetizer. I should begin activating the real skills of this baby. What should I begin with? Well, it is quite obvious. I should begin killing people!'

The seniors looked around carefully and discussed with each other. "Do you think this is it?"

"The formation is still running. There should be more people outside."

"Lady Yasenia's attack was strong and unexpected, so it should've disturbed their plans greatly."

Yasenia looked around and said, her ethereal voice echoing around. "It's not that simple. Keep up your guard-."

"ARGH!"

Everyone turned around and saw a black wooden arrow piercing a junior's stomach.

Before anyone could do anything, the impaled man screamed, and the arrow exploded in a reddish mist that made those who approached instinctively to help scream in pain and fly away with their swords.

The people touched by the reddish mist had blisters growing on their skin as a few parts began to rot away.

Thankfully, they all had healing pills and took one before the effects became dangerous.

Yet, the man that was struck did not have the same luck or time to react.

As the mist completely surrounded him and also seeped inside him, his body decomposed and rotted away quickly, making a puddle fall from the sky with a sword.

The man that had the arrow melted in a puddle and fell from the sky.

Following that arrow, everyone saw thousands of forest creatures appearing from the surrounding peaks, all with strengths in the Mental Nourishing Realm and a few with greater power.

A few held black bows between the army's creatures, which people assumed was where the arrows came from.

Elder Mu quickly shouted. "Protect the juniors from the arrows! The poison should not be strong enough to pierce our barriers."

Elder Hao squinted as he looked around. "There are a few auras I find dangerous."

Among the thousands of creatures, there were twenty powerful ones at the low level of the Unification Realm. Each of the four groups that appeared had five of them.

Then, there was a giant quadrupedal creature made of vines in the largest group of plant-based creatures. The body was not aesthetic as the vines wriggled constantly, and the head was terrifying, with a deformed mouth with sharp and purple leaking teeth and eye cavities that shone with a purple light.

The aura around it was strong enough to intimidate even the highest-level seniors in the group.

This formation was prepared with time, and its power was far above anything our girls could achieve while fighting.

Yasenia looked at that creature and concluded that she wasn't its match. Although Yasenia and the girls planned a few things and objectives, they didn't know all the functions the seniors included in the formation.

Kali exclaimed. 'What is that thing? I haven't seen that creature before.'

Valeria explained. 'That's a [Vine Horror Soul Hound]. It's still juvenile, but the strength is very high. It should be more than enough to keep the five elders from the Nine sects occupied.'

Andrea commented. 'Just from its aura, I can feel my body shudder. I think only that thing would be quite a challenge to defeat between all of us.'

Mirrory commented. 'It would be a difficult battle, but you can probably kill it without getting severely hurt if you play your cards right. However, these body cultivators will have it rough because its aura affects the body and the soul.'

Yasenia looked around and squinted as she maintained her body in place. "Elder Mao, that thing feels dangerous even for me."

He nodded with a severe face. "I understand."

Elder Song asked. "How should we divide the battlefield?"

Elder Mao commented. "How about trying to communicate first? Honestly, this is looking much more dangerous than it did at the beginning."

Elder Yu snorted. "We could also just charge and destroy all of them."

An elder from another clan interrupted. "Elders from the nine sects, we ask for your cooperation in protecting our juniors."

The five of them turned around and saw that all the powers were looking at them.

Elder Mao thought for a moment and nodded. "We will do as much as we can."

Yasenia internally snorted. 'Those words serve as a facade. The second you are in danger, you will probably not protect them.'

Then, he turned and spoke aloud while looking in the direction of the Vine Horror.

71