Chapter 554. Misunderstanding.
1.7k 8 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Yasenia spoke with Jorey, some people spotted Yasenia.

Not that it was difficult noticing the tall, gorgeous dragoness that lazily swayed her massive dragon tail behind her.

Even in a crowd of beast humans, Yasenia stood out without effort. Her revealing blue dress didn't help with giving a modest appearance, further increasing the gazes she stole while standing there.

The people sneaking glances at her looked on as a female dragon kin dressed in a very luxurious robe walked up to speak with Yasenia.

"Excuse me, are you the Matriarch of the Astral Sky Clan?"

Yasenia stopped speaking and turned to meet the person approaching.

The middle-aged woman's draconic characteristics made her feel familiar. 'Where have I seen this person?'

While thinking so, Yasenia smiled and nodded. "Good Morning, madam. I'm indeed the Matriarch. How can I help you?"

The woman's brows frowned, and she looked at her up and down. The gesture was not only rude, but her gaze was not friendly.

Yasenia was puzzled. 'When have I offended a dragonkin?'

Our dragoness didn't hold back her confusion and asked. "Madam, did I do something wrong? I don't think we've ever met before today."

The woman didn't bother answering and muttered. "So, he wasn't exaggerating."

Cecile's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. She really wanted to act out toward this person looking at her lover so blatantly. 'Although I don't mind the glances from the side, this is crossing my bottom line.'

Yasenia felt Cecile's irritation through the connection and tried to speak calmly one more time. Her tone was cutting, even when the words were still formal.

"Madam, who are you speaking about? Could you answer the reason for the looks I'm receiving? We are a new power, and I'm sure I have never offended or even talked to a dragon-kin."

The middle-aged woman had to lift her face to look at Yasenia's face, but her face was dignified, and the brown slit eyes were cold. "Sorry, I didn't present myself properly. I'm the wife of the dragon man you spoke to in the tournament."

Yasenia frowned for a second, and suddenly, someone flashed in her mind. 'The senior in the room where I purchased the fan girls?'

Yasenia became wary. Although she didn't really offend those people, her attitude back then couldn't be described as respectful.

"As a point of confirmation, are you referring to the dragon man who was together with the tiger-kin patriarch?"

The woman lifted her chin haughtily, leaking her aura and trying to pressure Yasenia.

'Oh? High-level Ethereal Soul Body Realm?'

"That's right. I wasn't interested in this auction event because I thought there would be nothing valuable. However, he told me that he met an interesting person who may take me by surprise."

The woman acted calmly, but Yasenia could feel a hidden animosity.

The quick mind of the dragoness thought of many scenarios, and she raised an imaginary eyebrow. 'Don't tell me… Is she so worried and jealous that she came all the way here?

With a calm facade, she laughed and answered. "That's a great compliment coming from a senior I respect. I thought he hated me since I never got to know his name. Let me introduce myself formally."

"Madam, I'm the Matriarch of the Astral Sky Clan. These two by my side are my Soulmate and my personal human slave. It is a pleasure to meet you, madam."

The woman blinked twice, and her eyes moved to Cecile as the slight hostility became doubt. "Soulmate?"

Yasenia nodded and hugged Cecile without shame, kissing her forehead once. "That's right. She is my destined soulmate. We managed to find each other and have been together since then. My love for her goes deeply, and I would never exchange her for anything in the world."

Yasenia showed an honest and loving smile. "I'm very glad I met her that fateful day, and we got to know each other."

The dragonkin was confused. "Wait, it doesn't make sense. A female is a female's soulmate? That is unheard of. You need to be able to create progeny together."

The people secretly listening were also doubtful. 'Is she trying to lie for some reason?'

Yasenia saw their doubts and looked into her sweetheart's icy blue eyes. "Cecile, my love, stop hiding our connection."

Cecile smiled softly, illuminating the previously dull surroundings with a single smile.

Cecile was always indifferent and expressionless, so although her peerless facial features made her look beautiful, people only felt admiration.

However, when she smiled, it was like seeing sunlight pierce the clouds and illuminate the world.

The surroundings became silent as only Cecile's smile remained.

Then, Yasenia and Cecile revealed the connection they always hid.

The spectators' eyes could only widen as their auras slowly leaked and meld together.

Usually, soulmates would look like two auras dancing closely, like two lovers holding hands.

However, Cecile's and Yasenia's connection was nothing like that.

Once it was made noticeable, the two auras rushed at each other as if they were long-lost lovers and tightly interlocked with each other.

As if two people were hugging together without leaving a single inch of their skin without touching together.

Their [Interlocked Souls] were so tightly bound together that people looking at it instinctually felt all the romantic feelings toward the two gorgeous women disappearing.

'I can't enter between those two.'

That was the general thought of everybody watching.

Hanna was stunned. 'We want to compete against this?'

She felt that they had been nothing but delusional. The love between Cecile and Yasenia was too strong to be messed with.

Even Tatyana raised her eyebrow. 'Since when did they become so tightly bound?'

Usually, this would mean trouble because if one died, the backlash the other person would receive would be monumental. 'However…'

Tatyana's red eyes flashed, and her powerful mind began thinking of many scenarios. Then, her lips arched. 'It can work.'

One person muttered. "On Distancia's name, what kind of connection is that? Their souls feel like they are merging with each other."

A soul connection between Ancient Beasts was something never seen before on the continent. Moreover, Yasenia was not an ordinary Ancient Beast, and neither was Cecile.

If you don't remember, Cecile has been absorbing the treasure she found in the middle of the True Phoenix Tear Lake in the last month. This item, [Void Soul Phoenix Tear], had been wholly absorbed a few days ago and increased Cecile's soul strength so much that it was on par with Yasenia's.

In short, they had souls equivalent to Dantian Spiritualization Cultivators. Compared to an average cultivator at their level, they were like a giant and clear lake before an ordinary pool.

Yasenia's origin as an Ancient Beast, her Progenitor Queen status, and her Draconic heritage increased the depth of their connection.

Then, Cecile's Moon Phoenix heritage, a legendary creature famous even in the higher realms, and absorbing the essence of a tear from a True Primordial Phoenix deepened it even more.

The woman's animosity toward Yasenia disappeared like smoke blown on a windy day, making Yasenia realize her guess was correct. 'So, she really was wary of me.'

'The man most likely spoke objectively about me, which probably sounded like flattery since my appearance is… well. After hearing about it, this woman, his wife, probably thought I was someone who wanted to seduce him.'

Yasenia sighed. 'Should I wear a veil and a more conservative dress and hide my face? But I really like wearing as I do…'

The dragon kin's face relaxed and smiled, this time asking more genuinely. "Lady Yasenia, what kind of beast human are you?"

Yasenia didn't dwell and followed her conversation. "I'm not a beast human, madam. I'm a complete beast. I'm a dragon."

A few people were surprised since there were elitists that thought other races besides beast humans had less intelligence.

Especially dragons, a race that had been hunted so much that it had weakened to the point that primarily ordinary and stupid beasts remained.

The dragonkin blinked. 'A real dragon that can transform! If we are speaking about seniority, she is considered my ancestor.'

Her friendly attitude only increased after hearing this, and she smiled. "I see. I approached you to ask about these two treasures. They are finely created and have caught my eye."

Yasenia and Cecile hid their aura, but they didn't separate.

While holding her sweetheart's waist, Yasenia asked. "What do you want to know, Madam? I'll try to explain the best I can."

"Thank you, Lady Yasenia. So, first of all, can you replicate them?"

Yasenia looked at them for a few seconds and perfunctorily asked. "What do you think, Tatyana?"

Tatyana nodded. "Lady Yasenia, there should be no problem if we have time and the materials needed for them."

Yasenia nodded. "There you have it. Do you want to buy more? A few items of this quality are in our store a few streets away."

"Oh? Really?"

People stretched their ears after they heard this. 'These people are not simple!'

Yasenia looked at Hanna and motioned her to speak. 'Hanna, explain these things.'

She transmitted a list of things she should explain about the treasures in less than a second. She didn't do it herself to show that her followers were nothing to scoff at. A small tactic to show that it wasn't a clan run by one person but a clan that valued unity.

Hanna stepped forward with her wings folded before her chest to cover her nudity and spoke clearly and professionally. "Madam, if you want another one exactly like any of these two, we can ask our blacksmiths to forge it. But these masterpieces do not appear often, so they would probably be more expensive than here. After all, most of the items we presented to the auction house will be sold for little profit. We just wanted the market to have our name in it."

Yasenia blinked. 'Hm. Is this why the low price? However, that's not a good tactic… Well, it doesn't matter. I'll speak with them after seeing how much they fetch.'

"Very honest of you." The dragon woman lifted an eyebrow.

Yasenia laughed and spoke. "I believe honesty and trustworthiness are a merchant's two most precious qualities. I want to be related to those words so that my future customers can do business with us with their minds at ease."

Yasenia added. "However, I do not consider our main group Merchants. We are still growing, but our merchant branch will be fully operational soon. We want to become a respectable sect that helps everyone in the continent."

"That's a big dream. Being friends with everyone is nothing but a fantasy, Lady Yasenia."

Yasenia nodded. "I agree. However, our motto is: We do not attack those that do not force our hand."

Yasenia's smile became cold as she leaked a hint of her auras. "Yet, against those that oppose us, we have no fear of making them suffer for their mistakes."

The dragonkin woman had goosebumps all over her skin as her tail and wings stiffened for a second. 'Such a powerful aura!'

A few listening people also looked at the dragoness differently.

Hearing what she had just explained and said, they began looking at Yasenia differently. At first, she gave the impression of a seductive beast with a few intelligent words and powerful treasures.

But it looked like there was much more hidden in that beautiful exterior.

Cecile sighed and sent a message to Yasenia. 'My love, scamming so many people simultaneously can't end well for you.'

Yasenia's lip twitched.

Tatyana laughed. 'This is so funny. I bet they think Yasenia is an honest, upright, beautiful woman, hahaha. They are so gullible, not knowing they are falling into the claws of someone that wants to eat them and not even spit out their bones.'

Yasenia's eyebrow also began twitching.

Cecile chuckled. 'They don't know a cunning and cold-hearted dragoness is guiding them to a honey trap to steal their treasures for herself. Will we leave this continent with a mountain of treasures big enough for our dragoness to lie on it?'

Yasenia felt even her eyelids twitching. 'Sweetheart, Mom, I really want to spank you both.'

'Go ahead. That's considered a reward.' Said the Death Empress fearlessly.

'Do it. You can't really hurt us anyway.' Responded her dearest Moon Phoenix with confidence.

Yasenia wanted to cry. 'I can't even punish my dears. This world is so unfair. They know my weakness toward them!'

Tatyana and Cecile stifled a chuckle and looked at Yasenia with amusement and love.

"Is there anything wrong, Lady Yasenia?"

Yasenia coughed. "Not at all."

Others that were close to the dragonkin woman approached in the meantime and began a conversation with her.

One male ferret-kin with a handsome face smiled and asked. "How about you explain a bit about the items to us, Lady Yasenia?"

Yasenia nodded and proceeded to explain. "Madams and sirs, this scimitar is splendid since it has an edge sharp enough to split mountains and can also…"

The conversation continued, and Yasenia got closer to these high-ranking people.

*********************************************

Andrea: That scimitar and halberd were crafted by me!

The girls: Clap, clap, clap.

Andrea: Cough, no need to clap.

Valeria: How many pills have you placed for auctioning, Yasenia?

Yasenia: Hehe, you'll see~. No spoilers!

Valeria: Hm, I see, so that many.

Yasenia: Eh?

Valeria: Hm? I just read your thoughts.

Yasenia: O-Oh.

Author: Done! I summon you!

WPOmega: Here I am!

Evelyn: Hello~.

WPOmega: Well, let's get going with the question.

Kali: Who do you want to answer?

WPOmega: Hm… How about between Tatyana, Mirrory, Valeria, and… Tian Long!

Author: Oh? Tian Long?

WPOmega: Yup.

Tatayna: Well, let me summon him.

Author: Oh~. Let's hear the chant!

*Massive amounts of death and fate energy swirls around the Death Empress*

Tatyana: You, King of Undead, King of Souls, King of Dragons.

Tatyana: You, who went against fate, and won, who went against the heavens and won…

Tatyana: You, who gave up life for the unlife, who was the first, but also the last.

Tatyana: You who ruled and lost everything, who ruled again and gained everything.

Tatyana: I call you, my eternal companion, my eternal partner!

Tatyana: [Sovereign of the Underworld: Abyssal Dragon, Progenitor King]

*The massive gathering of energy bursts the void open, and Tian Long crosses over.*

WPOmega: Well, fuck me. That's not a dragon but a giant mountain shaped like one.

Tian Long: Hm? Where are we, Tatyana?

Tatyana: Someone wanted to ask something, so I summoned you.

Tian Long: …

Tatyana: What?

Tian Long: Are you bored? Why would you summon me to answer something… Well, except if it is from the little princess.

Yasenia: Hello, Uncle Long!

Tian Long: Oh! You've grown so much, little girl. You are looking more and more like a dragon.

Yasenia: Thanks!

WPOmega: Well, this is the question, Tian Long.

Tian Long: Ask away. I was bored anyway. I can't do anything until that lazy woman breaks through.

Tatyana: …

WPOmega: Inspired by the adorable Kaleina herself. It's been said that Kaleina has a more serpentine physique that is visibly different from any other draconic form we've seen thus far. Is that difference significant, or is it purely aesthetic?

Tatyana: Hm. Yep, this question is best answered by you, Little Long.

Tian Long: Sure.

Tian Long: First of all, who is Kaleina?

Yasenia: Dear, say hello to Grampa Long!

Kaleina: Grampa Long!

Tian Long: …

Tian Long: Who is this absolutely adorable creature!?

WPOmega: haha, that's the one I'm asking about.

Tian Long: Let me see…

Tian Long: As you've guessed, there is a difference.

WPOmega: Oh? Do tell.

Tian Long: More like a natural advantage is about potential. The most significant influence is, as a matter of course, what the parents practice. Do they focus on the body, or do they focus on Spiritual cultivation? Maybe they are experts with the soul.

Tian Long: Depending on that, a dragon has an affinity for one or the other.

Tian Long: Dragons with serpentine bodies instead of ones like me are usually more adept at energy manipulation. Their bodies are like a superconductor of energy. However, that doesn't mean they are weak physically.

Tian Long: However, the shape of dragons does not end in serpent-like or my form. Plenty of dragon types exist, and the body shape is often independent of the talents.

Tian Long: In short, since it is so unreliable, it's better always to be careful and check what kind of affinities they do have.

WPOmega: I see. Thanks a lot, Tian Long.

Tian Long: It doesn't matter. So… Is this all?

Author: Yep!

Tian Long: What are you?

Author: It doesn't matter, hahaha.

Author: With this, today's Celestial Theater ends! Bye-bye!

The girls: Goodbye!

WPOmega: See you later.

73