Chapter 628. The Harpies and Yasenia.
1.8k 16 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Yasenia looked back on Ghana, she reached a point two days ago where she was talking to Aviana, one of the highest-level harpies who joined a year ago. She was the middle-level Epoch Core harpy.

Both of them were revising a case of a harpy breaking the rules and thinking about what punishment to give her.

Ghana sighed. "Thankfully, this doesn't happen often. She is the second offender coming from our race."

Aviana nodded. "Most of us are loyal to Lady Yasenia. I would be sad if the juniors destroyed the regained trust we worked hard to achieve." 

Ghana nodded seriously. Then, Aviana asked. "Say, Ghana. When do you think Lady Yasenia will become as trustful of us again as before? From what I've heard from you and the other harpies, the first month was much different, right?"

The brown-feathered harpy frowned and sighed. 

Aviana continued. "To be honest, Matriarch Tengliu asked me to become loyal to Yasenia and take her orders above her own, but I can feel that although Lady Yasenia has started to joke around with us, there are no signs of being like what you and the other juniors told me she was at first."

Yasenia lifted an eyebrow as she listened. 

Meanwhile, Ghana paused her work and looked through the window, a bit melancholic. "Probably never. I could feel that the moment we betrayed her expectations and showed her that she was nothing before Matriarch Tengliu, Lady Yasenia instantly cut us off from becoming close…"

Aviana blinked. "But some juniors don't think like that anymore, right? I've heard that after all the help Yasenia has given them, a few have become completely loyal. Even you are starting to tilt the balance in her favor."

Ghana sighed. "But Yasenia doesn't think like that. And those who say that, can they say, from the bottom of their heart, that if Tengliu and Yasenia fight, they will stand by Yasenia's side without a doubt?"

Ghana looked at Aviana and asked. "Can you swing a sword against Tengliu, against all our sisters that would follow Tengliu? Would you stand aside and do nothing as Yasenia kills harpies in the Sect that don't obey her?" 

The harpy opened her mouth and stopped, wryly smiling right after. "I honestly don't know. I would personally try to remedy their differences. But isn't that too much? I don't think there exists any person who can throw away their roots for another power, right? If they do so, doesn't that mean they can do the same to her in the future? That way of thinking is too close-minded."

Ghana shook her head. "It's not close-minded. The way she treats us today is excellent. Treasures, benefits, and even the way she acts are far better than any other power I've participated in."

Aviana couldn't deny that.

Ghana continued. "Has she ever forced someone to do labor? Has she forced someone out of a position unjustly? She is understanding and doesn't hold back benefits because of personal bias. The "close-minded" attitude you are talking about is her treating us with familiarity as if we are part of her close people. Being strict with your inner relationship circle is not close-minded, but a rather normal thing to do." 

Aviana couldn't refute that. Would she allow a random person with loyalty elsewhere to walk in her house without limits? That was not the case.

Ghana chuckled. "Honestly, unless Yasenia becomes strong enough to assimilate our entire race, she will probably never put down her guard. Even then, only those she deems appropriate will become close to her."

The other harpy frowned. "But, isn't that too much? Although I admit her growth is fast, I think she underestimates us if she thinks she can swallow our race, no?"

Ghana looked at her and smirked. "Didn't you say that you would be her ally no matter what? Why the defensiveness toward her assimilating our race?"

The woman paused and pursued her mouth with an awkward look. 

Ghana laughed. "That's right. As long as that resistance remains, don't think about Yasenia becoming close to us. She will remain as the leader of our sect but nothing more. Of course, she is a wonderful Sect Leader, in my opinion."

Aviana asked, curious. "What about you?"

Ghana pondered and thought seriously about it. "I would actually love it if she assimilated us. That means that she will be strong enough to protect us. Moreover, the amount of help she has given me is enough for me to place Tengliu and Yasenia at the same level right now. Even during the first month, I was somewhat reluctant to help Tengliu. Now, I even have an impulse to help Yasenia no matter what."

Aviana repeated and munched the words. "At the same level…"

Ghana nodded. "If they fought and the enmity is irreconcilable, I would ally with no one and follow whoever remains. But… I feel the scale slowly tilting in one direction."

Aviana pondered Ghana's words and shook her head. 

Ghana laughed. "But do not worry. Their relationship is getting better with the years going by. Lady Tengliu is also making a great effort to mend the relationship, and Yasenia is receptive to it. So, unless something goes terribly wrong, there is really no danger of something like that occurring."

Aviana nodded. "That's for the best."

Their conversation ended there, and the rest was work talk. 

Yasenia leaned back and looked through the window with a vacant gaze. "Am I that receptive to Tengliu's efforts?"

She thought about her actions during the last few years and had to agree with them. 

She was honestly confused. 'Why? She tried to rape me. Isn't that like a profound offense that should make me extremely abhorrent of her?' 

Yasenia thought of Tengliu and muttered. "After a few years, the hate has disappeared quite a lot. But when I think of doing nothing, there is an uncomfortable feeling in my heart…"

The dragoness struggled with the feeling because, although Tengliu's actions were something that would create irreconcilable enmity in the dragoness, nothing happened, and the escalation of conflict also had something to do with her threatening Tengliu's life.

When she took out Tatyana's life-saving treasure with her aura, Tengliu naturally reacted quickly, trying to control Yasenia further and make her stop.

And that was the reason why the confusion floated in her mind. 

Yasenia sighed, feeling many conflicting feelings inside her. "How should I punish her for what she did without being excessive but with enough intent to make these feelings disappear?"

The dragoness imagined physical, mental, and other kinds of punishment, but they all felt too much. 

"Torture her physically during a set amount of time? Won't that make our somewhat friendly relationship completely fall out?"

"Mentally damage her? That's even worse. Physical damage can be recovered, mental damage is much harder to recover, and if something goes wrong, Tengliu retaliating is not strange."

"Rape her back with something Tengliu wouldn't like? That's even worse than the first two options…"

Yasenia suddenly remembered Tengliu's wish for children. 

With a large frown, she muttered. "Maybe… making her infertile for a few years? Although she has no partner right now… But I think just the feeling of infertility should be enough punishment…"

Yasenia shook her head again. Yasenia thought about someone making her infertile, and she felt all her cells bursting with a soul-deep rage. 'I would probably go berserk even if it's just temporary.' 

While leaning back and looking at the ceiling, the dragoness sighed. 'Sigh, if Tengliu didn't honestly repent, it would be much easier. But I can feel that Tengliu really loves me, not romantically, but like a young child of her family. I can imagine the hurt in my soul if my child betrayed me and did something bad to me… But it is deserved, right? After all, she did something bad? Ugh.' 

Yasenia stood up and jumped out, transforming into her gigantic dragon form and soaring to the sky.

The people saw the 200-meter-long dragon soaring through the sky and felt awe. 

Yasenia flew up and passed through the clouds, stabilizing her height after the clouds were below her.

She leisurely glided while thinking. 'Honestly, the punishment I told her that I would beat her up as much as possible when I'm stronger seems to be the best. Maybe a bit cheap, but…'

Yasenia admitted that even if her affection for Tengliu was neutral, she felt some sympathy for the millennial harpy. The dragoness laughed. 'Is my many years of interaction and tries at manipulation backfiring and affecting me? Well, my heart is not made of stone, after all.'

After a few minutes of freely flying and feeling the wind under her wings, she dove down and went toward Kali. 

When she gently landed in the garden behind Kali's alchemy lab, the fox approached her with a smile. 

"Yasenia, how are you doing?"

Yasenia returned to her human form and smiled. "A bit confused."

Yasenia hugged her fox and buried her face in Kali's fluffy chestnut-colored hair. Kali slowly caressed her back and kissed her neck. "Let's go inside and speak about it."

"Okay."

After they went inside, Yasenia and Kali lay on a reclinable couch, hugging each other. Then, she explained her struggles. 

Kali heard and asked. "Are you sure you want to continue with the punishment, Yasenia?"

Yasenia blinked and looked at Kali. "Why?" 

Kali smiled. "The way you are speaking about it sounds like you want to forgive her."

Yasenia frowned as she clearly felt otherwise. "Does it feel like that? But no. I can assure you that I want to punish her. This is extremely clear. I've come specially to you because I know you might be the most resentful of what Tengliu almost did."

Kali caressed Yasenia's face, and her green eyes spotted the scars on her hands. 'Oh, because of this? Honestly, there are times I forget about what happened.' 

Realizing this, her green eyes shone with love for her dragoness. 'All thanks to her. She could accept me when I was at my worst, giving me such an all-encompassing, soft, and deep love that it healed even my deepest wounds, leaving only shallow scars that will naturally heal with time.'

Kali leaned forward and kissed Yasenia's creamy lips with her scarred ones. "Honestly, you should do whatever you want, my love. Why the "need" for punishment? Why the "need" for forgiveness? Why choose something? Just let it flow naturally to you. It will not be good if you force yourself to do something you are unsure about."

Yasenia looked at her dear fox and thought about it.

Kali spoke frankly. "For example, when you killed those two fans, their offense was much less than Tengliu's, but you didn't doubt for a moment that killing them there together with the others was the correct way of action, right?"

Yasenia blinked and nodded. She hugged Kali's slim waist, making their breasts squish together, and her long tail interlocked with Kali's three tails while she nuzzled with Kali. "Then, what should I do?"

Kali's eyes were soft while receiving the dragoness's lovely actions. "Do nothing. The maids have interrupted the flow of what you wanted to do, right? The sudden "weapon" you gained has placed the executioner's blade above Tengliu's neck. Before, you just had to swallow it and slowly understand what you wanted..."

Kali stopped speaking as Yasenia kissed her and spoke after the dragoness was satisfied with tasting her mouth. "…Now, if you want, you can tell Alaia and the others, and they will kill her. There are thousands of ways to incriminate others because the existence of the maids is still hidden from everyone else but us. Moreover, with their training and strength, killing Tengliu stealthily is possible." 

Yasenia paused and nodded. She had naturally thought of that. 

The maids could cause mass destruction in Distancia if used as assassins instead of an army. 

With Tatyana's training and in a place where there are no Transcendent Realm experts or high-level Formation masters, they were almost unstoppable.

Maybe peak-level Epoch Core cultivators can stop them because those cultivators have tapped into the Transcendent powers. That level was similar to Half-steps Dantian Spiritualization Realm experts.

However, those who were not prepared and below the peak level were lambs for slaughter.

Then, if you added the three means the three seniors had, you could imagine that all leaders right now had a sword above their neck, and they didn't know about it.

Kali saw Yasenias frown, and she laughed, making the dragoness look at her curiously with her beautiful jewel-like golden slit eyes. 

"You are so cute, my love." 

The cheeks of the dragoness tainted in a rosy color, feeling a bit embarrassed at suddenly being called "cute." 

She licked Kali's cheek and smiled. "You are also cute."

Kali laughed and rubbed her face with hers. "How can my dragoness be so adorable sometimes!" 

Yasenia asked while her tail wagged. "So… What should I do?"

Kali smiled and pecked her. "Nothing."

Yasenia blinked. "Nothing?"

Kali nodded and kissed her nose with smiling eyes. "Nothing until you are strong enough to deliver the punishment yourself. Then, you will be able to evaluate it properly." 

Yasenia thought about it and found it reasonable. "I like that." 

The dragoness smiled and hugged Kali tightly. "Now, let's leave unimportant things aside and do something more fun~." 

Kali felt a large, hot, rising object touching her navel, and two red clouds appeared. "You horny dragoness."

Yasenia's fingers sneaked into her underwear and touched Kali's slit, taking out her hand to show a transparent and slimy liquid. 

Kali blushed, and Yasenia smiled seductively while licking her fingers. "Who is the horny one, honey~?" 

Kali felt her womb throbbing as she knew what was about to come.

******************************************************

Author: Hehe, the next chapter will be fun~.

Evelyn: I can see Kali having trouble walking later, hahaha.

Yasenia: *Hugs Kali* Prepare yourself, honey. 

Kali: *Blushing and hugging her back* Silly. 

Author: Let's summon today's dear. I summon you!

Randomplant: I'm here!

Andrea: Hello!

Randomplant: So, seniors. I have this question. What effect does obtaining an inheritance from a Senior have on someone's destiny? Does the senior's karma affect them in any way?

Mirrory: Oh? That's a good question.

Tatyana: Will you answer it?

Mirrory: Sure. 

Mirrory: First of all, child, the most important thing is the quality and level of the inheritance. For example, an inheritance from a God is not the same as an Inheritance from a Transcendent Level cultivator. 

Randomplant: Uh-huh. 

Mirrory: The stronger it is, the higher the "karma" it passes over. But unless the cultivators leave behind a strand of their soul, the effect will be minimal. However, there is an influence. Imagine entering a land of beasts, being a human, or being a human with the inheritance of an important beast there. There will naturally be different outcomes.

Randomplant: I see. There is no "forced" destiny. But more like an "outcome" of being the one with the inheritance.

Mirrory: There are, like with everything, exceptions. But usually, that's correct.

Randomplant: And what about the soul strand you spoke about?

Mirrory: That soul strand might say something like. "Now that you have my inheritance, please take care of this place or person." Then, those words will naturally affect the inheritor and modify their original destiny. 

Mirrory: Also, getting an inheritance is not part of their "original" destiny. There must be a deviation in destiny for someone to land in an inheritance. In short, it is pure chance or luck. 

Randomplant: I see.

Author: And that's all for today. Bye-bye, little lurkers!

**********************************************************

Family Photo Progress! (Colored)

Hello, this is the monthly thank you for Patreon! We've crossed the 140 Patreons~. I'm thankful for all the support. The previous thanks were a bit bulky, so I'll summarize it.

You'll get tens of illustrations (Both R-18 and normal), with at least one illustration per month. Then, from 6 to 15 advanced chapters, and the privilege to ask questions in the Celestial Theater and get answers for them without limits. There are also polls to choose illustrations and, soon, a new tier.

Celestial Cultivators!

Spoiler

AARTAPPEL
Acedia
Admiral362funny
Alandra Luna
Allan
Andrew Miles
Anna Haig
Anubhav Das
Arfa42
Aron Arnett
Azur Kris
AzureLotus
bartosz imienny
Baseplate36
Blackelements
ChaosOmega98
Christopher Barzilla
Cidant
Cinnabar
Corodix
Cossey3407
DaniXO
Dante
Drogon
eeleater
fantasy12
fightnguru
Flagestis
George A. Brisbin
Henry Hammond
Huxley
Huy Bui
Janjan2341
Jason Davis
John Doe
Jonathon wojtowicz
Jostein Andersen
Kaszty
Kevondre' Hunt
Keyku
Kikaibaka
Li1 Mainy
Liam OCW
Lord William
Luke Groskreutz
Mace1980
me493865
Moonymoon
My_dude
Nightingale
Ole Martin Johnsen
Randomplant
Raven95
reventcake295
Rijax Bloodmore
Rors399
S_Mawa
Scott Logan
SophiaGloxi
Sébastien Kingsbury
Tatsuya
Tom Ford
Viggo Persson
VolfKami
XSell
Yeuromain
zImp uLz

[collapse]

Star Cultivators!

Spoiler

Ole Martin Johnsen
Randomplant
Raven95
reventcake295
Rijax Bloodmore
Rors399
S_Mawa
Scott Logan
SophiaGloxi
Sébastien Kingsbury
Tatsuya
Tom Ford
Viggo Persson
VolfKami
XSell
Yeuromain
zImp uLz

[collapse]

Moon Cultivators!

Spoiler

Akalynn
Akatosh117
Chantry Rasmussen
Embreal
Eric
Eric Beck
Garry Capps
Interested99
s0sTommy
SenoirKain
Vincenzo_45R

[collapse]

Sun Cultivators!

Spoiler

a pigeon
Aitage
Alexander Abegglen
Anders Moegreen Hjortshøj
Anthony R
Antoine Delebo
aries uy
ArtemisCrae
BenjaminB5
Bernhard Wiedl
Bob bob
C.S Sturmer
Cadica
Cailen Estey
Chris
Clutch
david richmond
Dean Gharandoq
dezwon quinn
DrYggdrazil
Elliott Bentley
essespeople
HPLee 2
iriri
Jason Valvano
jeremy grove
John Riess
JollyRodger98
Marceline
Matthew Jimenez
Matthias Bless
Nathan Green
Neko-chan
Nine-hydra07
Odin Ellingsen
Phoenix
Raymond
Ryan Mah
Ryuse Ikejima
Shira_Ori
Sophia
Sosano
Spencer Ryan Crawford
Story Seeker
Sydney Alamir
Tim Koudenburg
Vusal Rustamov
AbbyDoDabby
June
Lost_Universe
Nyluj
Wafflz

[collapse]

63