Chapter 19 – Internet Wars
630 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Irashaimase!"

Alex was brought into a quant little Ramen shop, it was packed with customers and the atmosphere is very lively. There was a vending machine on the outside of the door, Alex couldn't help but keep staring at the vending machine, something he finds quite fascinating when he was reborn into this world here in Japan. The novelty of ordering food through a vending machine is something he hasn't encountered during his time living in America in his previous world.

"Alex, stop staring at it and hurry up and pick one, Mommy would like to suggest the Black Shoyu ramen from this shop, it's really good! come on, pick anything! it's mommy's treat!"

My mother inserted some cash into the vending machine and pick the Black Shoyu ramen, I do the same as well. There was a white ticket being dispensed and my mother took it, while mine was a yellow ticket instead. I took the yellow ticket and wondered why it was a different color.

"Hey mom, this one has a different color"

Katherine came by and look at it and smile at Alex beamingly

"You're very lucky Alex, we got a free side dish with this ticket, come with me! Let me introduce you to the owner and his wife! they even have a cute little daughter like Yukari!"

Alex walked into the entrance of the shop and the grand greeting of a bearlike man greeted him

"IRASHAIMASE!"

My mother greeted that loud and burly man as we sit in front of the counter for two in front of the owner.

"Nice to see you too Sergei, how's Katrya doing these days?"

"My wife is right here! serving hot Japanese Ramen for the customers as always hahaha!"

A woman is serving the soup and handing it out while her daughter almost as young as Yukari serves them. Both of them have white platinum blonde hair and greenish-blue eyes. The two of them didn't hear what Sergei said and kept on working

"Anya, deliver to table three and this Shoyu Ramen to table four, thank you dearie"

"Okay- mother. It's not a problem!"

The girl moves very fast, she's very athletic for a 12-year-old, unlike his little sister who's always studying at home and watching anime and television all the time. Her father looks upon the two proudly like a big giant bear. Alex hasn't seen a huger man than him before. He's certainly big.

"Who's the scrawny kid? he's your kid Katherine? Eh-needs more bear meat on that bone"

"Yes, He's my son, this is the first time I've brought him here, you've met Yukari before haven't you?"

"Aye, that girl is smart just like you! But still, want to change the order? Bear Meat Ramen! my Babushka would hunt bears with Kalashnikov early in the morning. It's good for health Ya? all the Shinbuns wanna cover my delicious Bear Ramen in their newspaper review!"

"No Thank you, Maybe next time Sergei"

The bearlike man Sergei was visibly saddened by this, He really wanted someone to try his special Bear Meat Ramen recipe.

"One day, my Bear Ramen meat will reign supreme! The people here just don't like bear except that Relakuma! That isn't even a real bear! Why does it have a fast-food franchise in this country? There is nothing bear-like in their menu at all"

My mother Katherine could only smile at the conversation. The food came and we began to dig into it. It was delicious. there's a tang of spiciness that Alex didn't expect when eating this Ramen. It suits his taste immensely. The owner of the shop Sergei could only smile as he look at Alex's bright face when he took in the first sip of the soup.

"Tasty eh? My wife is a genius cook, have some more...I'll prepare the gyoza for you Mr. lucky yellow ticket!"

His wife heard that and gave Alex and Katherine a nod.

"My husband is exaggerating, please enjoy your meal"

Katherine looked at her son comfortably and nodded

"Is it good? how's the Ramen Alex?"

Alex could only nod in agreement. It was simply the best Ramen he had in ages. At least it's the first good Ramen he had in this world. 

"I like it, We should come with Yukari next time, and maybe with Ueno and miss Aya too "

"Sure, next time you're buying Alex, congratulations on the manga! Even if you didn't win, I am very proud of your entry "Kyoto Ghoul", I hope it gets a serialization!"

"Thanks, mom, Don't worry. I'll win it. I have faith that it will succeed somehow"

Anya, the little lady from the Ramen shop stop and looked at Alex with shock and awe. She immediately runs back to the kitchen. took out her phone and took Alex's picture, Alex of course was oblivious to all of this, the sudden mention of the word Kyoto Ghoul shocked her. Anya is a big fan of the Kyoto Ghoul manga posted just today, she even made a dickscord fan group as one of the many admins since the members are overflowing.

she typed " I've met the Author! It's Tochigi in the flesh! He's in a Ramen shop!" 

Should Anya type that he was in her Ramen shop? he didn't want to expose him too soon, that lady was auntie Katherine, her daughter Yukari goes to the same school as her. She took the photo from her kitchen in a sketchy angle and posted it in the secret group chat of the dickscord admin channel.

a new dm pops in almost immediately as the picture was posted.

"@bossAnteiku- Anya- is that you?"

Anya was found out instantly...by the Boss of Anteiku Coalition of the "Kyoto Ghoul" fan group. How did this person even find out who she is?! Does this boss person know her identity?!

"That...was fast? who is this boss character?"

......................

The next day- Saturday morning.

The internet was lit on fire. Netizens can't stop the chatter from escaping, The chatter was even covered by overseas material, even in America and on other platforms like Utube. The Rebbit r/Kyoto Ghoul thread was open nonstop debating the injustice and concerns of the fans and the voting system of JAMP. there was drama everywhere you look, every part of the world lightened up. 

Their fingers involuntarily tapped to turn the pages. sixty-eight pages of the manga, every scene! Every word! Every art in every panel, They gobbled it all up without any omission! content for devouring.

Even those who are reluctant to do so ended up clicking due to curiosity, just like a cat, just like chasing after your next drug fix, none of them could bear to stay away from it. The art has the pull of the abyss, the story sticks your mind into a quagmire and drowns you.

it's just a single chapter of the manga, why ...They have never felt this way before, how long were they reading it? they kept turning the pages and until the last of the forty-eight pages at the end, they decided to reread it again, unconsciously, they don't know how many times they did it..over and over...

When they came to their senses, the last drawing was already displayed on the computer, it was already a few hours, what took an average reader to read a manga for a few minutes to turn into a few hours? how? when? why did this happen to them? All they felt was ...

It's wonderful! It's amazing! no wait, This manga can no longer be described as just wonderful! Half an hour later, the post started coming, and an hour later it flooded her social media, Aya Gozen was currently trending for the link she posted, her fans boiled with chatter and post.

A-"Fuck! This is so awesome! Why was the entry so late?! holy crap! I can't vote for this shit!"

B-"Yeah! Have you seen that fighting scene? holy crap! it was amazing! And Miss Touga she's so pretty! She's totally my waifu! Bloody ghouls are so hawt! Miss Kaya Irimi too!"

C-"BAH! I'll give it to you! There's that cute little girl she reminds me of my little sister!! so cute"

D-"But I'm really pissed! Why did the author post it so late! I'm really pissed! Can't I get a refund on what I voted earlier?"

A-"+1! My recommendation has been voted for "Bungoku Stray Cats"! What the hell!"

C-"Me too! I voted for Lilian's protege! guh!! "Kyoto Ghoul" is gaining its ranking at a rapid rate! it's almost at the top ten spots us free accounts can only vote once!"

In many Anime and ACG Dickscord groups, "Kyoto Ghoul" was heavily being discussed right now, from the Pirated site Mangodex, the Shoujo Premier Bato.do site and even legitimate circles such as the Biribiri comics and even ScrabbleHub! They thought it was a piece of junk sort of advertising link! But the masses didn't expect it! This is truly a masterpiece! 

"No way! I'm going to fish for votes! If this manga doesn't make it to the final selection! My conscience is uneasy!"

"+1! Vote for "Kyoto Ghoul"!"

"let's go, guys! Share the link to your social media sites! use everything!"

......

Meanwhile, 

A new Dickscord group appear called "Anteiku" the same name as the Kyoto ghoul Anteiku that host the many ghouls of ward 20, Countless member who are fans of "Kokyo Ghoul" have spontaneously joined it on the Rebbit- page. from the r/manga, and posted a link to their discord with more affiliate links from  "Biri Biri", "JAMP club" to "Mist/Valve official game Dickscord", " to even r/manhua and r/manhwa" they all had one thing in common, all of this are groups are being invaded by Kyoto ghoul fans. the people from "Anteiku"started raiding every dickscord group out there that ever existed and spamming the same thing.

"Have you seen Kyoto Ghoul yet? have you seen our lord and savior Kaya Irumi?"

"Kyoto Ghoul is a masterpiece! If you don't read it, I'll ddos you right now you little shi-"

"Come on! give it a chance! it's a late entry, but it's definitely a masterpiece!"

A series of spam links that were launched by fans who have been fanned by fans have caused a storm on the Internet, and many massive shadows ban as well. The moderators didn't know what to do about it, they thought it was an honest spam attack. So the fans change their tactics, and they started DMing, every single person, one by one...

At first, the ignorant masses simply saw this advertisement that came from all over various groups and just dismiss it as spam. A lot of members of their respective Dickscord groups are unhappy! One after another @ the administrator asked them to clean up such posts and links. In fact, the administrators are aware of this as it impacted their group functionality as well.

They wanted to delete the post and mute the post, but when they saw that some of the posters were all old faces from their own group, they began to question, some of these people were even part of their original members and have stayed for several years, they panicked immediately and started asking, "what's going on here?"

What sort of work is this Kyoto ghoul thing?  

With some curiosity... The administrators of the major dickscord group clicked on the link sent by the "Anteiku", as they entered the JAMP Portal, and found the source of this headache - "Kyoto Ghoul" It was a manga link. Looks legit.

And then, just like that...

+ 1 fan.

Originally, the ordinary members were counting on the administrators and mods to be able to clean up the advertisements posted by these so-called "fans"! But who knows! In less than three hours, Most group dickscord posted a statement stating that he was already a member of the"Anteiku" Calling everyone to vote! on the announcement page.

"We mustn't bury this masterpiece!"

Right this moment! everyone is totally dumbfounded. . . .

"Is it really that good?"

But people often have their curiosities, countless online netizens tried to click on the link to check out what's it all about, but it was too good, after seeing the cover, Everyone who's into the ACG culture would be shocked! But people are curious, not stupid, they really want to know if it's really good, so onwards toward the comment section

Click into the manga link, click into the comment section, and...

What the hell! 9999+? ? ?

Scroll down! Not a single negative fan! Almost everyone in here is either posting memes or all of them are praising it such as " Welcome to the Ganeki Zone" " You're in the right ward!" or " Anteiku clan members! unite!!"

 so they click on the manga.

Half an hour later... all those who clicked into the URL were completely assimilated as if they were bitten by a zombie, now all of them are proud members of "Anteiku" there were too many too fast, too many people joining the group limit was reached, so Dickscord members made alternative groups such as " Anteiku2" and "Anteiku3"

These people are all true fans! People from all over the Internet from all around the world!, most of them don't use JAMP Portal very much, some of them don't even speak the language! Even if you could use it, most people only have a basic account and can't vote on it since it's newly registered.

Illegal fan Translation groups work tirelessly to translate it to the best quality in English and various languages to every corner of the world. All they ask is to vote for the series. Pirates of the internet collaborate and work together for once. for the first time, Manga translators, Manhua translators, and even Manhwa translators worked together to put this release out in their respective languages just to raise awareness as soon as it was uploaded.

Some people can only watch and read their favorite works, but cannot vote for them, it's too suffocating for them since they can't register an account from overseas due to IP block. With this sort of feeling, many people who don't often read comics went to see the number one ranking currently "Green Sky".

They have hoped to make their hearts feel a little bit better if, it's a big "IF" there is more than one good manga above "Kyoto Ghoul", IF there are more excellent finer works than "Kyoto Ghoul, even if you can't vote for "Kyoto Ghoul", there is no regret... After all, there are better series than Kyoto Ghoul, right? right guys?

Nope, you're dead WRONG! most people thought it was a better quality manga than "KyotoGhoul"! But what the hell did they find? DISAPPOINTMENT!

The art style was unlike anything near "Kyoto Ghoul"! what's so special about this damnNTR plot? Can this sort of manga be number one? what is wrong with the people of Japan?! How could they vote for this NTR shit!

People can't help but compare the two! That feeling of suffocation was so strong that it ended in anger, real internet fury! unfiltered and uncensored, The story is about giving your girlfriend to your best friend, it's that type of story. What the hell?!

Keyboard warriors, assemble!

once they are in the comment area of ​​"Green Sky". After most of them spit their venom, the bloody comments wars have begun for the members of Anteiku, this is war!! fandom war! although most people couldn't vote! But they could promote "Kyoto Ghoul" on their own social platforms! 

This is not only for "Kyoto Ghoul", but to also completely kill off this nasty NTR trend in the manga industry! absolutely atrocious!

After all, most of the normal people here read other mediums such as novels and watch Netflix or go to the movies, Even Hollywood doesn't do this kind of NTR shitty trend! The major film and television dramas in the future are mostly into woke stuff, not NTR!! The anti-NTR movement was born that day.

they have dubbed today "The bloody Saturday Catastrophy". The greatest internet fandom war the world has ever known.

......

Nearby a bus stop-

"Have you seen it?"

a high school boy excitedly took out his mobile phone and entered the JAMP Portal to check out a link.

"Do you mean "Kyoto Ghoul"?" Another boy suddenly became excited,

"I've done read it! the plot is really exciting! And the style of that art is so savage! and bloody!! Ghouls versus humans!"

"Hey?! Are you discussing the new manga"Kyoto Ghoul" the one that got posted for the award? I thought it was about the co-existence between ghouls and humans? you got it all wrong"

The girl next to him heard someone talking about it and decided to join in, she stood up and joined the conversation.

"How did you know about it? I sorta find out about it when reading the Newspaper this morning.,."

"Ahh, the Gozen Shinbun? yeah...I was recommended by my Dad, he thought I would be interested in this from the newspaper."

"Me too..."

After that, almost the entire crowd joined the conversation...Ueno was there too, just sitting in the corner waiting for the bus, She was there simply smiling

" You did it, Alex, you really did it..."

She looked up towards the sky and simply muttered

"Guess it's time for me to get serious too huh? I need to chase my dreams as well..."

17