CH.422 RNG doesn’t stand a Chance
342 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With my little Cyberdark test done and the weapons competition quickly approaching, I found myself in the workshop looking over the finished work of Wilma and Karl.

I was just here to ask if either of them wanted me to look into cards I could install into the tools. … I would say weapons, but Wilma made a shield, so it isn't exactly a weapon.

To my surprise, both of them agreed to at least look into it. I was honestly expecting them to be prideful and say they want to do it it all on their own. And yes, saying they will consider my cheats isn’t the same as actually going through with it, but it is something interesting I can do with them.

 


 

Because of that, all three of us were soon in Wilma’s Factory workshop. Karl had to naturally come here using the Factory VR.

As we were working on things, I got to thinking about something.

Why don’t Wilma, Karl or I have some sort of designing skill? I mean, we design weapons and tools all the time. Myself probably more than the other two. But there isn’t a skill for that. And yes, I asked Laura.

 

(I could suggest for the System to make that skill, but we would need to come up with more detail for it to be accepted.) Laura said.

(... wait, we can do that?” I asked.

(Yes. Where do you think Card Summoner came from? It was suggested, so it came to be.)

(Suggested by whom exactly?)

(Sorry, but I can’t access the full records. But I can see that it was suggested.)

(So we can just suggest something and if the System likes it enough, it will be accepted?)

(It will be voted on by the Goddess and the System Agents. If enough of them approve, it will be added.)

(Interesting. Let’s start working on that after this little meeting.)

 

So before I head off and start working on a suggestion form, we finished looking over good ideas for the weapons Wilma and Karl made. 

For Wilma’s shield, the best option by far was a combo of Draining Shield and Spell Shield Type-8.

Spoiler
[collapse]

This makes Spell Draining Shield, which would turn any spells blocked by the shield into healing energy. … healing energy isn’t actually a thing, but it would heal the holder.

Now you might think that just the regular Draining Shield would be better, but it isn’t. Because it would break the shield. 

Wilma’s shield, despite having some hihi'irokane on it, is mostly aluminum. Which isn’t that high class of a metal, so it can’t hold all that many enchantments. And yes, my cards count as enchantments.

So if we just installed the full version of Draining Shield, the shield would break. But by limiting it to magic only, the shield was able to take the install. At least in our Factory tests, and I’m sure the same will go for the real one.

 

Karl’s choice was almost more interesting, as he ended up going with Shield & Sword.

Spoiler

[collapse]

Because of the install, the greatsword he was making could transform into a shield and then back into a sword. It was only possible because the blade is made of vampiric steel. That metal can already be transformed by True Blood Magic, so the sword to shield enchantment was also possible.

And the best part with this is that we didn’t accidentally make anything legendary, so while the two will likely get far, if not outright winning, they aren’t as insane as a straight up legendary weapon.

 


 

After the meeting with Karl and Wilma, I found myself on the grasslands of HomeBase. I was riding Rani, while Molly and Cina were getting more used to their new centaur bodies. They could do most things fine, but they still were getting used to moving at max speed. 

I mean, they did basically just get an extra set of legs, their entire body structure changed and so on. It isn’t easy to get used to, so the girls made sure to work on it each day and I don’t mind helping.

… even if helping means just riding along with them.

 

“Hey, Master. Now that we are centaurs, do you think we could pull your carriage?” Molly asked.

“... sure, but do you really want to? … isn’t it seen as degrading?”

“Yes, but also no.” Molly answered. “Did you know that horse-folk and centaurs specifically used to be enslaved because of our higher than average strength and stamina?”

“Yeah.” I admitted. I did look a bit into slavery history when the entire illegal slave mark debacle happened. 

 

And yes. Horse-folk were often enslaved when they were young and then grown up to be carriage horses. … well, that is if they survived the training, which often included putting them up against dangerous monsters or forcing them into dungeons.

But it wasn’t all just for the slightly different base stats of the horse-folk race. It is also because there is a prestige set on anyone that can have an evolved person, or multiple evolved people, pulling their carriage. It shows power in a very simple way.

And with power comes respect. It is the same reason as to why golem carriages are respected. They are difficult to make and expensive, so having one is better than a regular carriage with just horses pulling it.

 

“And that is exactly why I asked. I know the history and I just wanted to make sure.” I explained my hesitation.

“Ah! Master is so caring!” Molly cried out.

“... respectful.” Cina added quietly.

“But we, or at least I, asked for it, so you don’t have to worry about it.” Molly stated.

“... and Master deserves the best.” Cina said.

“... Thanks. I really appreciate that.” I told them. “And if you really want to, I don’t have anything against that.”

 

I soon brought out the carriage from my Storage, but the attachment point on it isn’t designed for two horses, but for one, so the two had to take turns. We tested it out and it worked fine. I did promise I’d make a new attachment device that would let the two pull at the same time.

It also made me realize that I should add a control device on their pulling harness. That way, they can ‘pull’ the carriage, while also operating the magic engine of the carriage, making it feel like they aren’t actually pulling anything.

By the end of the tests, Molly and Cina headed for the baths happy. And I know they are happy because the System told me so.

Mission: Good Master
Worker Molly respects you as her Master.
Reward: Dragonmaid Send-Off
Mission: Good Master
Worker Cinnamon respects you as her Master.
Reward: Dragonmaid Welcome
Spoiler
[collapse]

Got my first Dragonmaid spells. Dragonmaid Send-Off seems to be a card for effect dodging and battle immunity, but it isn’t all that great for me, because of the defense position requirement.

Welcome on the other hand seems just fine. Generic attack boosting cards are something I can appreciate. Sure it only works if I control some Dragonmaid cards, but that is like saying that The A. Forces is bad because it only boosts Warrior-type monsters.

Spoiler

[collapse]

 


 

… and with today’s fun over, I’m back in my office, ready to use Laura tactics of getting cards I don’t have. And no, I’m not using Different Dimension Capsule despite the fact that it is by far the easiest way for me to get the cards I want.

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

It is the boring way. Laura came up with a much better way of solving that problem, called throwing Pack tokens at the problem until it is no longer a problem.

So yeah. You know what that means. Tactical Evolution, I’m here to get my secret rares. Or ghost rare. I’ll accept the ghost rare Rainbow Dragon as well.

And to prove that I’m not playing around, I’m going at it with 50 packs, so let’s do this.

Spoiler

50 TAEV packs 1

LCbsR1Z.jpeg

Spoiler

Chrysalis Mole (Common) x7

Ritual Raven (Common) x9

Razor Lizard (Common) x4

Chrysalis Pantail (Common) x9

Chrysalis Pinny (Common) x8

Flint Lock (Common) x7

Venom Snake (Common) x8

Venom Boa (Common) x7

Dark Effigy (Common) x8

Chrysalis Larva (Common) x12

Light Effigy (Common) x10

Venom Serpent (Common) x9

Chrysalis Chicky (Common) x3

Phantom Cricket (Common) x9

Gravitic Orb (Common) x13

Ojama Knight (Common) x7

Neo-Spacian Marine Dolphin (Common) x8

Dawnbreak Gardna (Common) x8

Shadow Delver (Common) x8

King Pyron (Common) x8

Goggle Golem (Common) x7

Volcanic Rat (Common) x7

Alien Shocktrooper (Common) x11

Venom Cobra (Common) x10

Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World (Common) x4

Venom Shot (Common) x11

Convert Contact (Common) x9

Venom Swamp (Common) x7

Cocoon Party (Common) x12

Flint Missile (Common) x10

Amulet of Ambition (Common) x9

Cocoon Rebirth (Common) x6

Creature Seizure (Common) x10

Broken Bamboo Sword (Common) x6

NEX (Common) x6

Reverse of Neos (Common) x10

Strike Slash (Common) x11

Counter Counter (Common) x7

Cocoon Veil (Common) x10

The Gift of Greed (Common) x6

Rise of the Snake Deity (Common) x5

Venom Burn (Common) x7

Shield Spear (Common) x10

Hero Counterattack (Common) x6

Destructive Draw (Common) x4

Ambush Fangs (Common) x5

Snake Whistle (Common) x5

Gift Card (Common) x11

Rainbow Dragon (Ghost Rare) x1

Neo Space Pathfinder (Rare) x4

Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish (Rare) x3

Ocean's Keeper (Rare) x3

Fossil Tusker (Rare) x3

Elemental HERO Marine Neos (Rare) x2

Grasschopper (Rare) x5

Phantom Dragonray Bronto (Rare) x2

Hunter Dragon (Rare) x4

Summoner's Art (Rare) x10

Phalanx Pike (Rare) x2

Symbols of Duty (Rare) x3

Double Summon (Rare) x1

Snake Rain (Rare) x2

Snake Deity's Command (Rare) x2

Trap Reclamation (Rare) x2

Spell Reclamation (Rare) x1

Common Charity (Rare) x1

Necro Gardna (Super Rare) x1

Aquarian Alessa (Super Rare) x1

Doom Shaman (Super Rare) x2

Blazewing Butterfly (Super Rare) x1

Fifth Hope (Super Rare) x1

Desert Twister (Ultimate Rare) x1

Aquarian Alessa (Ultimate Rare) x1

Lucky Pied Piper (Ultimate Rare) x1

Desert Twister (Ultra Rare) x1

Crystal Seer (Ultra Rare) x1

Elemental HERO Darkbright (Ultra Rare) x1

Chthonian Emperor Dragon (Ultra Rare) x3

[collapse]
[collapse]

Well, I may not have gotten a single secret rare from those 50 packs, but that doesn’t matter. Because I got the ghost rare Rainbow Dragon! Finally! I have one of the best looking dragons in all of Yugioh.

Like come on. Say what you want about how bad Rainbow Dragon is. It looks amazing.

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

I also got Elemental HERO Darkbright, but admittedly it isn’t all that good. 

And everything else I already had. So one down, one to go. Let’s do another 50 in hopes of getting a secret rare. Doesn’t really matter which one, because if it is a repeat, I can just use Card Trader on it.

 

Spoiler

span>

50 TAEV packs 2

sRFEsEy.jpeg

Spoiler

Chrysalis Pantail (Common) x7

Chrysalis Larva (Common) x7

Chrysalis Mole (Common) x9

Dark Effigy (Common) x11

Venom Snake (Common) x6

Flint Lock (Common) x8

Venom Serpent (Common) x6

Chrysalis Pinny (Common) x8

Venom Boa (Common) x5

Ritual Raven (Common) x9

Chrysalis Chicky (Common) x10

Razor Lizard (Common) x8

Light Effigy (Common) x8

Gravitic Orb (Common) x11

Phantom Cricket (Common) x5

Neo-Spacian Marine Dolphin (Common) x10

Ojama Knight (Common) x7

Goggle Golem (Common) x9

Dawnbreak Gardna (Common) x15

King Pyron (Common) x10

Shadow Delver (Common) x6

Alien Shocktrooper (Common) x7

Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World (Common) x14

Volcanic Rat (Common) x9

Venom Cobra (Common) x10

NEX (Common) x11

Venom Shot (Common) x6

Flint Missile (Common) x10

Venom Swamp (Common) x9

Amulet of Ambition (Common) x5

Convert Contact (Common) x8

Broken Bamboo Sword (Common) x5

Cocoon Party (Common) x14

Creature Seizure (Common) x7

Cocoon Rebirth (Common) x5

Reverse of Neos (Common) x8

Destructive Draw (Common) x6

Venom Burn (Common) x4

Ambush Fangs (Common) x10

Gift Card (Common) x5

Hero Counterattack (Common) x7

Shield Spear (Common) x7

Rise of the Snake Deity (Common) x9

Cocoon Veil (Common) x4

Strike Slash (Common) x11

The Gift of Greed (Common) x7

Counter Counter (Common) x6

Snake Whistle (Common) x6

Rainbow Dragon (Ghost Rare) x1

Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish (Rare) x2

Neo Space Pathfinder (Rare) x3

Ocean's Keeper (Rare) x2

Fossil Tusker (Rare) x1

Elemental HERO Marine Neos (Rare) x1

Phantom Dragonray Bronto (Rare) x1

Grasschopper (Rare) x2

Hunter Dragon (Rare) x4

Summoner's Art (Rare) x3

Phalanx Pike (Rare) x9

Symbols of Duty (Rare) x4

Snake Rain (Rare) x1

Double Summon (Rare) x2

Trap Reclamation (Rare) x2

Damage = Reptile (Rare) x1

Spell Reclamation (Rare) x2

Snake Deity's Command (Rare) x6

Common Charity (Rare) x4

Zombie Master (Super Rare) x1

Elemental HERO Neos Alius (Super Rare) x1

Lucky Pied Piper (Super Rare) x1

Doom Shaman (Super Rare) x1

Blazewing Butterfly (Super Rare) x2

Fifth Hope (Super Rare) x2

Mirror Gate (Super Rare) x1

Fifth Hope (Ultimate Rare) x1

Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes (Ultra Rare) x1

Desert Twister (Ultra Rare) x1

Crystal Seer (Ultra Rare) x1

Chthonian Emperor Dragon (Ultra Rare) x1

[collapse]

[collapse]

 

… okay. I suppose this falls into the category of ‘my luck’. I already got the ghost rare Rainbow Dragon, so what do I get, another ghost rare Rainbow Dragon. I don’t mind, I really don’t, but it just feel like … like someone doesn’t like me. Like is it that difficult to get a single secret rare? Apparently it is.

I’ll do one more fifty. … or maybe I should just double up and go for 100? Yeah. Let’s try 100 and see where that gets me. Hopefully to at least 1 secret rare card.

 

Spoiler

100 TAEV packs 1

170fjkm.jpeg

Spoiler

Venom Serpent (Common) x13

Venom Snake (Common) x19

Light Effigy (Common) x10

Chrysalis Pantail (Common) x12

Flint Lock (Common) x14

Dark Effigy (Common) x19

Chrysalis Pinny (Common) x11

Chrysalis Chicky (Common) x14

Chrysalis Mole (Common) x17

Ritual Raven (Common) x13

Venom Boa (Common) x15

Razor Lizard (Common) x13

Chrysalis Larva (Common) x18

Gravitic Orb (Common) x16

Phantom Cricket (Common) x17

Neo-Spacian Marine Dolphin (Common) x17

Ojama Knight (Common) x21

Shadow Delver (Common) x19

Goggle Golem (Common) x16

Dawnbreak Gardna (Common) x22

King Pyron (Common) x13

Venom Cobra (Common) x15

Alien Shocktrooper (Common) x21

Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World (Common) x21

Volcanic Rat (Common) x11

NEX (Common) x14

Broken Bamboo Sword (Common) x12

Creature Seizure (Common) x13

Flint Missile (Common) x16

Reverse of Neos (Common) x12

Venom Shot (Common) x18

Cocoon Rebirth (Common) x17

Convert Contact (Common) x14

Amulet of Ambition (Common) x20

Cocoon Party (Common) x26

Venom Swamp (Common) x10

Rise of the Snake Deity (Common) x18

Counter Counter (Common) x13

The Gift of Greed (Common) x21

Venom Burn (Common) x25

Gift Card (Common) x13

Strike Slash (Common) x18

Snake Whistle (Common) x17

Ambush Fangs (Common) x14

Destructive Draw (Common) x14

Hero Counterattack (Common) x13

Cocoon Veil (Common) x22

Shield Spear (Common) x15

Rainbow Dragon (Ghost Rare) x2

Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish (Rare) x5

Neo Space Pathfinder (Rare) x6

Ocean's Keeper (Rare) x5

Fossil Tusker (Rare) x3

Elemental HERO Marine Neos (Rare) x6

Phantom Dragonray Bronto (Rare) x5

Grasschopper (Rare) x5

Hunter Dragon (Rare) x6

Phalanx Pike (Rare) x4

Snake Rain (Rare) x11

Double Summon (Rare) x6

Symbols of Duty (Rare) x9

Summoner's Art (Rare) x2

Trap Reclamation (Rare) x10

Common Charity (Rare) x4

Spell Reclamation (Rare) x3

Damage = Reptile (Rare) x5

Snake Deity's Command (Rare) x5

Gemini Summoner (Super Rare) x4

Necro Gardna (Super Rare) x1

Doom Shaman (Super Rare) x1

Aquarian Alessa (Super Rare) x4

Blazewing Butterfly (Super Rare) x1

Fifth Hope (Super Rare) x2

Mirror Gate (Super Rare) x2

Elemental HERO Neos Alius (Ultimate Rare) x1

Mirror Gate (Ultimate Rare) x1

Desert Twister (Ultra Rare) x3

Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes (Ultra Rare) x1

Crystal Seer (Ultra Rare) x2

Elemental HERO Darkbright (Ultra Rare) x1

Chthonian Emperor Dragon (Ultra Rare) x2

[collapse]
[collapse]

 

… okay. Now you are just taking the piss. 200 packs and not a single secret rare. Is Pack Opener broken or something?

I have to know now. So 100 more packs, please.

 

Spoiler

100 TAEV packs 2

A3GI3V7.jpeg

Spoiler

Chrysalis Pantail (Common) x19

Chrysalis Chicky (Common) x21

Dark Effigy (Common) x17

Chrysalis Pinny (Common) x23

Venom Snake (Common) x12

Flint Lock (Common) x14

Chrysalis Larva (Common) x17

Venom Boa (Common) x12

Chrysalis Mole (Common) x18

Ritual Raven (Common) x14

Venom Serpent (Common) x13

Light Effigy (Common) x14

Razor Lizard (Common) x11

Gravitic Orb (Common) x17

Phantom Cricket (Common) x18

Ojama Knight (Common) x20

Neo-Spacian Marine Dolphin (Common) x19

Shadow Delver (Common) x19

Dawnbreak Gardna (Common) x15

King Pyron (Common) x13

Goggle Golem (Common) x9

Venom Cobra (Common) x20

Alien Shocktrooper (Common) x23

Volcanic Rat (Common) x13

Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World (Common) x13

Cocoon Party (Common) x14

Creature Seizure (Common) x25

Flint Missile (Common) x17

Amulet of Ambition (Common) x20

Convert Contact (Common) x15

Venom Shot (Common) x17

Reverse of Neos (Common) x17

Venom Swamp (Common) x15

Broken Bamboo Sword (Common) x15

Cocoon Rebirth (Common) x13

NEX (Common) x17

Snake Whistle (Common) x18

Counter Counter (Common) x20

Hero Counterattack (Common) x14

Strike Slash (Common) x17

Ambush Fangs (Common) x21

Destructive Draw (Common) x14

Venom Burn (Common) x12

Gift Card (Common) x16

The Gift of Greed (Common) x14

Shield Spear (Common) x14

Cocoon Veil (Common) x16

Rise of the Snake Deity (Common) x11

Rainbow Dragon (Ghost Rare) x1

Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish (Rare) x6

Neo Space Pathfinder (Rare) x5

Fossil Tusker (Rare) x7

Ocean's Keeper (Rare) x5

Elemental HERO Marine Neos (Rare) x5

Phantom Dragonray Bronto (Rare) x5

Grasschopper (Rare) x4

Hunter Dragon (Rare) x6

Summoner's Art (Rare) x7

Phalanx Pike (Rare) x3

Symbols of Duty (Rare) x7

Snake Rain (Rare) x3

Double Summon (Rare) x2

Trap Reclamation (Rare) x4

Common Charity (Rare) x7

Snake Deity's Command (Rare) x3

Spell Reclamation (Rare) x11

Damage = Reptile (Rare) x10

Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes (Secret Rare) x1

Rainbow Dragon (Secret Rare) x1

Elemental HERO Magma Neos (Secret Rare) x1

Cyberdark Impact! (Secret Rare) x1

Zombie Master (Super Rare) x1

Gemini Summoner (Super Rare) x1

Necro Gardna (Super Rare) x2

Doom Shaman (Super Rare) x2

Lucky Pied Piper (Super Rare) x2

Fifth Hope (Super Rare) x1

Mirror Gate (Super Rare) x1

Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes (Ultimate Rare) x1

Mirror Gate (Ultimate Rare) x1

Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes (Ultra Rare) x2

Desert Twister (Ultra Rare) x1

Crystal Seer (Ultra Rare) x1

Elemental HERO Darkbright (Ultra Rare) x2

Chthonian Emperor Dragon (Ultra Rare) x1

[collapse]
[collapse]

 

Okay. That is more like it. Four secret rares. I knew it. It was just my luck being all like ‘you don’t deserve secret rares’.

As for the four secrets I got, well, I already had both Cyberdark Impact! and Rainbow Dragon, but Magma Neos and Vennominaga are naturally new.

Magma Neos has nice offensive stats and its effect makes it even stronger. Besides, Magma Neos specializes in a mix of Earth and Fire attributes so he might be able to help Alice with attacks that combine said attributes.

And Vennominaga is just a god snake. She might not be a Divine-Beast, but she is strong. Like really strong. Thanks to her Hyper-Venom Counters, as long as she can land three attacks on a target, that target will die. And from what I know, nothing can resist duel winning effects, including Lady Janina. 

… not saying that Vennominaga could beat Lady Janina in a fight, but technically her effect should be able to kill the divine dragon. As long as Lady Janina lets Vennominaga damage her three times. Which would never happen in any real situation.

But still. Against basically anyone or anything else, between Vennominaga’s stat gain effect and immunity to all effects, it is basically unbeatable as long as I stuff enough Reptiles into the GY.

 

15