CH.423 Sword of Reality – Errelitea
327 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so, the day had finally come. No, not the day of the weapons competition, that is in like four days, but the day we are finishing my sword. 

The blade of Space and Time will get its guard, grip and pommel, as well as its scabbard.

It was somewhat of a smaller operation compared to making of the sword itself, but we did still have four spirits here to help with some stuff.

First was naturally Athena. She was helping Karl shape the guard and pommel. Both of them will be made of orichalcum that Athena synthesized for us after the blade forging.

Second was Hegemone. She was in charge of shaping the grip. It will be made of world-treant wood and shaping wood falls under Hegemone’s domain, so she is taking care of that. She would also help with the scabbard, as it too will be made of world-treant wood. Wilma will be working on those parts with her.

The last two are of course Time and Space, Lachros and Iris. They are in charge of enchanting the blade. It already holds some enchantments from them and they just need to make sure those stick.

 

The making of the parts didn’t take all that long, only about 90 minutes. 

From there, it was just the final assembly and enchantment and the sword was ready to go.

 

“Alright. Let me have a look.” I said, as I was ready to analyze the sword.

“No! Not yet!” Iris interrupted. “It needs a name first!”

“... we can name it later, can’t we?”

“Nope! Names are important.”

“... well, you and Lachros are the spirits of Space and Time. This sword holds the Blade of Space and Time, so maybe you should name it.” I told them.

 

After a bit of discussion between the two spirits, they named my sword.

“It shall be called the Sword of Reality - Errelitea.” Lachros announced. She then handed the sword to Wilma. “Miss Wilhelmina. You and Sir Karl are the ones who forged this blade and assembled it into a sword. You should be the ones to hand it over to its rightful wielder.”

 

Wilma did as asked and held the completed sword. 

“... Brian. … I don't’ really know what to say. I appraised the sword and I know what it is. … it is what I always dreamed of… Thank you. Because of you, I did it. … And this sword… I hope it can help you with the troubles we will face.” 

“So please take it and use it to protect the world. The Sword of Reality - Errelitea shall cleave us a path to a brighter tomorrow.” 

 

As Wilma said that, she presented the sword to me and I took a hold of it. I was so tempted to just analyze it on the spot, but instead, I took a hold of both the grip and the scabbard, before I drew the blade out for all to see.

And it was beautiful. The blade was a deep purple in color, with tons of white stars all across the blade. Like it held an entire galaxy within it. Or maybe more appropriately, as if it held an entire reality.

I put a bit of mana into the blade and watched as the stars across it lit up. I was then going to let the mana disperse, but the blade felt like it wanted to hold onto it, so I simply  let it. 

I then sheathed the blade and actually analyzed it.

“... thank you. All of you. Wilma, Karl. You two really are amazing. Lachros, Iris. This wouldn’t have been possible without you. Athena. I know you never really gave me your blessing, but this sword is more than a blessing. And Hegemone. I know swords and metal as a whole aren’t really something you like, so I really appreciate that you were still able to help us with this.”

 

I then opened up the finished analysis on the blade.

 

Sword of Reality - Errelitea
 
Legendary Sword
Durability 10000/10000
Mana 400/8000
 
 - Strength Up: +100 x Space Magic level x Time Magic level
 - Magic Up: +100 x Space Magic level x Time Magic level
 - Absolute Penetration - Ignores all of the target's defenses, but only when wielded by someone who can use both Space Magic and Time Magic. Otherwise ignores 90% of the target's defenses.
 - Blessing of the Spirits - This blade has been blessed by the Spirits. Its true might can only be wielded by one that has also been blessed by the Spirits.
 - Sword of Spirits - Boosts all Spirits Magic casted by the holder. Spirits Magic can be casted through the sword. Spirits may synchronize with this sword.
 - Sword of Space - Boosts all Space Magic casted by the holder. Space Magic can be casted through the sword.
 - Sword of Time - Boosts all Time Magic casted by the holder. Time Magic can be casted through the sword.
 - Sword of Dimensions - Can cut open Dimensional Barriers
 - Stardust Repair - By filling the sword with Stardust, the sword will repair itself.
 

Description: A legendary weapon made by Wilhelmina and Karl with the help of multiple Superior Spirits.

As the blade is made of Star Titanium, the sword will repair itself if it is filled with Stardust.

The sword holds the blessing of the Spirits and thus cannot truly be wielded by one that doesn’t hold a blessing of a spirit. 

The sword boosts the wielders Strength and Magic based on their mastery of Space Magic and Time Magic.

As the sword holds the attributes of Space and Time, it can cut through anything, but only when wielded by one that has learned both Space Magic and Time Magic.

By filling the sword with mana, dimensional barriers can be cut open by the blade.

 

… Wow. I didn’t expect that. I mean, I knew it was going to be good, but this is … I guess it is legendary for a reason.

I mean, just the Strength and Magic ups are already huge. My Space Magic is level 5 while Time is level 3, so that means a +1500 to two of my stats. And that boost will grow as my mastery over the magics grows. 

The absolute penetration is also borderline cheating. Just ignoring all defenses. That is … well, I’m not even sure really. And even if someone else uses the sword, 90% penetration is nothing to laugh at.

Blessing of the Spirits is a nice little security feature, but the sword is basically already limited to someone who can use both Space and Time Magic, so it kind of feels like it is just there because it has to be.

Then the Sword of Space and Sword of Time boosts, boosting my magic even more and allowing me to cast those types of spell through the sword. Nice.

Sword of Dimensions is good, but nothing I can’t do with my cards. I suppose I can now just slash at the pre-signs of the fissures to pop them open, so it is useful.

And stardust repair is just a nice thing to have. Sure Tahlia can also repair the sword for me, so it isn’t strictly necessary, but nice all the same.

 

I then shared the results with everyone. Sure Wilma already knew, as she appraised the sword, but Karl and the spirits didn’t. 

This led to a quick test drive of a few of the features, mainly the spirit synchro and casting spirit magic through the sword.

It was definitely an experience and something I’ll have to get used to. This sword is … maybe a bit too powerful for daily use, so I’m glad I still have my mithril sword for more casual use.

And I also have the Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword if I want to kill dragons, not that it is likely, or if I just want a sword that can fly around me independently. 

Spoiler

[collapse]

 


 

Since the sword was now ready, a new title appeared in the status of both Wilma and Karl, Legendary Weapon Maker. It feels a bit redundant, since both of them already had the Legendary Bladesmith title, but who am I to complain. 

But on top of that, Wilhelmina got a bit of extra something.

Spoiler
Name: Wilhelmina
Race: Craftswoman (Dwarf) !
Level: 86 [+6]
HP: 2700 [+222]
Mana: 2760 [+180]
Strength: 1440 [+136]
Defense: 1490 [+66]
Magic: 1005 [+100]
 
Skills: 
Advanced Crafting LV.5 (racial) 
 
Spiritual Metal Magic LV.2 (extra) [+1]
Card Summoner LV.1 (extra)
Item Box LV.4 (extra) [+1]
Appraisal (extra)
Summon Metal Spirit (extra)
 
Blacksmithing LV.8 [+1]
Crafting LV.7 
Hammer Technique LV.3 [+1]
Shield Technique LV.4
Block LV.3
Strength Boost LV.2
Defense Boost LV.2
Mana Control LV.6
Enchanting LV.7
Earth Magic LV.2
Fire Resistance LV.2
 
Athena’s Blessing 
Legendary Weapon Maker [new]
Legendary Bladesmith 
Language Comprehension (humanoid) [new]
[collapse]

Did you notice the difference? Wilma got her System Support upgraded from basic to standard. She got the basic level for making the metal ingot that would eventually turn into this sword and after the sword was finished, she got the standard version.

And because she did, she can now be in the Factory at the same time as her System Support. 

… and I will neither confirm nor deny the fact that Wilma may have cried into Claus’ chest. 

And don’t you dare to say anything. It's been a long day and Wilma is allowed to be a bit emotional meeting an appropriation of her teacher after many years and Wilma accomplishing an amazing goal.

 

And because I felt like I wanted to do something a bit extra for Wilma, I went back to the writing board and wrote a full suggestion for the System Agents on why ‘Designing’ should be added as a skill. 

… I can now also have the suggestion backed by one advanced System Support and three standard System Supports, so the likelihood of it being taken seriously is there.

 

I soon got the suggestion submitted and then it was just a waiting game.

 


 

Not that we had to wait for long, because the very next day, Laura informed me that the System Agents and the Goddess had read up on my suggestion and they had even voted on it. 

We didn’t exactly know for sure the results, but they did give us quite the hint on it. They said they’d reveal the results after the weapons competition coming up.

So yeah. I think that means they have agreed to add the skill, but it will just take them a bit of time to work out the details on that skill. 

Maybe come up with facts like will it be an extra skill or standard. What kind of stats will it give to the holder. Is it going to be level based or just be a skill with no level and so on.

 

And in case you were wondering, I did make suggestions on those in the form I submitted. 

I suggested it as a standard skill that boosts HP and mana, as well as possibly magic, but that was a bit of a reach. It would also help with mental arithmetics that you need while designing things.

But that is going to be a wait and see for us. All we can do is hope for the best.

14