CH.426 The Weapons Competition, part 3
320 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
System Announcement.
 
The skill suggestion of System Support Holder Brian Wood has been accepted and implemented.
New skills: Designing and Mental Visual Designing have been added to the System.
You are shown this announcement as you qualify for one or both of these skills, and they have been added to your status.

 

The System announcement brought along with it the next wave of chaos to run through the amphitheater. And this one was the worst by far.

… and likely understandably so. I mean, considering how many people here work with weapons and tools, probably a good 10% of people here just got a new skill. And on top of that, a skill recommended by a System Support holder. And on top of that, a System Support holder that also sponsored two of the top three weapons of the weapons show.

I’m at least thankful for the fact that the announcement only mentioned my name. Alice, Lua and Wilma all also recommended the new skill, so had their names been mentioned, it might have been worse.

 

I was honestly a bit worried for Wilma and Karl, as both of them were still standing on the stage after receiving their trophies. But thankfully before the mob began to swarm the stage or something, the amazing person that he is, Claus stood up.

“Quiet Down!” He called out, voice calm, yet extremely powerful. After he did, people did, but I could still feel some unease as well as a ton of questions floating around. 

“Do not act like children!” Claus continued, speaking strongly, yet calmly. “The Goddess and her angels have sent a blessing down to us and this is how you act? Do you have no shame?”

“What happened?” I just heard the elven swordmaster, Saito Hajime, ask. So he must not have gotten the skill, so he wouldn’t see the announcement.

“New skills were added to System.” I just barely heard the craftswoman Majken answer. “They are called Designing and Mental Visual Designing. And everyone that qualifies for either of them just got a System announcement.”

 

I was impressed by the calmness of the judges, but I suppose there is a reason they are respected to that level. So I just let them deal with the mob until they brought me into this mess.

 

“... excuse me, but you are Brian Wood aren’t you? The same one mentioned in the System announcement?” Stina the enchanter came to our boxes and asked me.

“Yes, I am.” I confirmed. I don’t really want to lie to her, as I would appreciate her help in finding a dedicated enchanter for HomeBase. So better to just be truthful and deal with … whatever I have to deal with.

“Would you come with me onto the stage? I think there are some questions that should be answered.” Stina said.

“... I suppose I can. Even if I don’t really like the idea. It is still better than the alternative.”

 

As Stina led me towards the stage, she asked a few not so intrusive questions about the new skills, mainly if I got them both or only one. And if I knew the unlocking conditions for Mental Visual Designing. 

The answer to both was yes. I did get both skills and I do know how to get both skills.

Spoiler
Name: Brian Wood
Race: One without a Race - User of Rare Skills (Advanced Human) ✯
Level: 164 [+4]
HP: 7540 [+600] (+25,000)
Mana: 10,910 [+670] (+22,800)
Strength: 2785 [+70]
Defense: 3675 [+140]
Magic: 4390 [+250]
 
Skills: 
One of Every Race LV.2 (unique-racial)
 - Draconic Body LV.2 (racial) 
 - Draconic Magic LV.2 (racial) 
 - Advanced Summoning Magic LV.3 (racial) 
 - Spirit Magic LV.4 (racial)
 - True Blood Magic LV.2 (Racial) [evolved] [+1] 
 
Pack Opener LV.8 (unique)
Different Dimension Factory LV.8 (unique)
Storage LV.10 (unique)
 
Limit Break LV.1 (extra)
Spiritual Space Magic LV.5 (extra)
Spiritual Time Magic LV.3 (extra)
Telekinesis LV.8 (extra)
Dark Chain LV.3 (extra) [+1]
Summoner’s Unity LV.10 (extra)
Beast Union LV.2 (extra)
Mental Visual Designing (extra) [new]
Dungeon Founder (extra)
Summon Time Spirit (extra) 
Summon Space Spirit (extra) 
Summon Light Spirit (extra)
Summon Dark Spirit (extra) 
Summon Earth Spirit (extra) 
Summon Fire Spirit (extra) 
Summon Water Spirit (extra)
Summon Nature Spirit (extra)
Summon Beast Spirit (extra) 
Health Conscious (extra)
 
Sword Technique LV.5 
Shield Technique LV.5 [+1]
Advanced Mana Control LV.14
Taming LV.2
Designing LV.5 [new]
Defense Boost LV.11 [+1]
 
Dragon Life Dedication (Greater True Fire Dragon)
Lachros’ Blessing 
Iris’ Blessing 
Eosther’s Blessing
Nyx’s Blessing
Gaia’s Blessing
Ninatia’s Blessing 
Pan’s Blessing 
Water Spirits Blessing (Greater)
Nature Spirits Blessing (Greater)
Friend of the Spirits
SS-Rank Summoner
Skill Maker [new]
Blood Sucker (racial) 
Honorary Baron of Ruiso Kingdom
Language Comprehension (humanoid) (draconic)
Slave Master
Slaves: Rhianna
[collapse]

 


 

“Designing is a skill for those that make drawings or other designs. While true I made the skill because I help my smith and craftswoman with their work, it isn’t limited to designing weapons and armor. Any designing, be it something related to crafting or even something like city or building designing does fall under the skill.” I somewhat reluctantly informed everyone. “Mental Visual Designing is a skill that can assist in that and it is automatically gained when your Designing skill reaches LV.7. It is a bit difficult to explain, so I will show you instead. Mental Visual Designing, open.” I said, as I opened my skill for people to see.

 

Now I know what you are thinking. You don’t have LV.7 or higher Designing skill, how did you get the extra version? Well, there are actually two reasons for that.

First is my Skill Maker title. It ensures me that the skills I submitted to the System were all added into my repertoire, even if I don’t meet the standard requirements. 

The second reason is the fact that I’m a Chaos God Dungeon’s founder. It is a hidden parameter that will automatically unlock Mental Visual Designing, even if you don’t have Designing. As to why, well it is because Mental Visual Designing is basically the same as the Chaos God Dungeon’s item developer. Mental Visual Designing has a few limits the CGD item developer doesn’t, but those are honestly just good safety features.

Also it is considered a ‘hidden’ parameter, as even though any Standard System Support can see the unlock condition for Mental Visual Designing, only Perfect System Supports can see the hidden parameter. Likely because the hidden parameter has to do with Chaos God Dungeons, and the information about them is basically all limited to Perfect System Supports.

I do have special access to some of the info because I’m a Chaos God Dungeon founder, but even then it is limited. Fricking System and Goddess not wanting to tell me everything while I’m just trying to save the world.

 

I quickly showcased Mental Visual Designing for all who were watching and got some impressed looks from it. Probably largely because this skill is something that should be brand new to me as well, but I was already masterfully using it. Good thing I didn’t have Wilma showcase the skill, because while she isn’t quite as good with the item developer, she is pretty good with it as well.

… also, I just realized something. Now that this skill is a thing, I don’t really have a market for my 3D designing table. I mean, this skill is just a superior version of it. I mean, I suppose the table would be nice for those that don’t have the skill yet and it would be easier for multiple people to work on something together with the table. It should even help in getting people the Designing skill and help people level it up.

And maybe I can add some sort of System integration to the table where you can put designing from Mental Visual Designing to the designing table and vice versa. 

 


 

After the show and tell about the new skills, we were thankfully able to bring things back on track. Which means it was time for the drinking party. 

Anyone that took part in the competition gets to enter for half price, top three get in for free. Of course all of us took part.

 

Because of the previous show, I was a bit too popular for my own liking. Too many people wanted to know too many things.

But at the same time, it wasn’t all a waste of time, as I was able to talk to Stina more. She wanted to know about the enchantments used on the weapons I sponsored, but for security reasons, I didn’t share with her the way I did it. But I did offer her a position working on HomeBase as an enchanter, and if she agreed, I’d share how we ‘enchant’ things.

She was a bit hesitant at first, as the half-elf, and yes, I learned that Stina is a half-elf, has a family she didn’t want to leave behind. 

I simply offered for her to move her entire family to HomeBase if she wished. It ended up being a good call as that really got Stina interested, but she haggled a bit more and got me to agree to take her apprentice and her family as well.

I naturally agreed, as be it four people, or seven people, it doesn’t really make a big difference for me. And Stina was very happy as she was able to pull her family out of the northern countries that very well might end up in a war with the United States.

 


 

Eventually I found myself talking with Claus, and he was mostly interested in how Wilma was doing. And while I was talking with him, Wilma ended up joining in and eventually the conversation turned to what was Wilma’s current best weapon. 

“Is it the shield you showed off, or perhaps you have made something even better?” Claus asked, almost like he was hinting that he knew Wilma had made something better.

“...” Wilma didn’t answer, but by the look in her eyes, I could tell that she wanted to.

“I suppose we can show him.” I told her, and Wilma’s eyes lit up. “But not here. Too many eyes.”

 

Claus brought us to a private backroom, advantages of being on of the people in charge, but I still wasn’t 100% convinced, so for additional safety, I summoned Cosmo Queen to set up a barrier around us so that no one could listen in.

Spoiler

[collapse]

“Must have made one heck of a weapon for your employer to demand this level of security.” Claus joked. “What did you make, a legendary weapon?”

“... Yes.” Wilma confirmed.

“... You … … I was joking, you know.” 

“Yes, I know. … but I’m not. Brian, would you?”

“Yeah.” I agreed, as I brought Errelitea out of Storage.

 

I let Claus observe the sword in its scabbard first, before I pulled it out for him to really see. I thought about putting a bit of mana into the blade to really light it up, but I didn’t want to accidentally cut the barrier Cosmo Queen set up, so I didn’t. And yes, Errelitea can cut Cosmo Queen’s barriers with ease. As long as I wield it and I put some mana into the blade.

 

“... I honestly half-expected you to still be joking, but no.” Claus said. “... may I hold it?”

“Sure, but be careful. The sword doesn’t like being held by someone who doesn’t have a Spirit’s blessing, so don’t try to put mana into the blade. … unless you have a blessing, but even then, not recommended.” I warned him, before I sheath the sword before handing it over. 

No. I am not handing it over while not in its scabbard. This thing can cut through basically anything, even when not wielded by someone. You drop it blade first and it will sink into the ground until the guard stops it. 

 

Claus then inspected the weapon and seemingly also used appraisal on it, as his eyes had some amount of mana running through them at some point. And the same happens with Wilma when she used Appraisal.

“... it really is more impressive than I ever could have assumed. While it may not be indestructible like Chandrahas, the absolute penetration is something beyond what I’ve seen.” Claus said.

“Oh? So Chandrahas doesn’t have it? Interesting.”

“You know of it?” Claus asked.

“Wilma told me about it.” 

“Would you like to see it?” 

“Sure. But admittedly, I wouldn’t get the same out of it as you do. I don’t have Appraisal.”

“... I must apologize then. I assumed that you did based on your knowledge of weapons.”

“Brian has his own way of using an Appraisal-like skill.” Wilma said. “But it requires physical contact, so he can’t exactly do that with Chandrahas.”

“I didn’t know there was such a skill.” Claus admitted.

“Because there isn’t. It is an extension of Dungeon Founder and high level weapons like that can only be analyzed if you are the founder of an SS-rank dungeon.”

“... and you are?”

“Yes.” 

“I see.” Claus said, as he resheath the blade.

 

“I do have one more question. This mark here. I noticed it on the weapons you sponsored as well. What does it mean?” Claus asked, pointing at my family insignia.

“That is just my family insignia.” I answered. “But it also means ‘Made on HomeBase’. HomeBase is … the dungeon we live in.” 

I almost lied about HomeBase, but I already showed Claus Errelitea, so telling him that we live in a dungeon isn’t that bad.

 

“I see.” Claus said. “... then, if you don’t mind me asking, why didn’t you sponsor Hugo’s work? It had the mark as well. Actually, the entire piece was nothing like what little Wilma or Sir Karl brought us. Is that why? Are you disappointed in the quality of work Hugo could produce, so you didn’t want to connect your name to him?”

“So you noticed. But no, that isn’t why.” I told him. “It is because that sword wasn’t made by him.” 

“What do you mean?”

“I made the sword he presented as his own.” Wilma said. “It was my first time making anything with blood iron, kind of a test piece before I began working with vampiric steel. So after it was done, Brian kept it in Storage for a while, until he decided to sell the sword.”

“Actually Lawrence traded it in for some materials, but same difference.” I corrected. “We believe that Hugo bought the sword from the shop it was traded to, removed Wilma’s signature on it and carved in his own. But not knowing the importance of the HomeBase mark, he didn’t erase it.”

 

“... is that true?” Claus asked.

“We have no proof currently, but yes. And I think I have a way to prove it.”

“Would you share it?” 

“I think it will be more fun if we confront Hugo about it.” I said with a smirk. "Here is what we are going to do."

15