CH.63 Returning to the Manor
3.1k 26 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Brian POV]

I noticed my summon came back down stairs followed by Lucia. They don’t seem extremely happy, so I can make a guess, but better to confirm it anyway.

“So, how did it go?” I asked.

“I can’t cure her. I’m sorry.” Vampire Lady said to me. 

“I see, that’s too bad. Do you know what the problem is?” I asked.

“Her blood magic is high in level and that makes the curse stronger. I believe Vampire Lord is capable of curing it.” My summon told me. “But I’m capable of lessening her symptoms.” She added.

“Permanently? Or for a short time?”

“Only for around three days.” She said.

“I see. In that case I’ll leave you with Lucia, if you don’t mind.” I said to my summon.

“No. You can’t do that.” Lucia argued.

“I’m fine with it, Master.” Vampire Lady gave her permission.

“It’s the best option.” I told Lucia. “With that you can keep your curse in check until I get a stronger vampire that can fully cure you.”

“But you’ll lose a summon.” She argued.

“Really? That’s what you are worried about? I have enough summons. And in all honesty, Vampire Lady doesn’t have the combat strength of some of my other ones. She would likely be just a glorified blood drainer.” I told Lucia.  “No offense.” I added as I turned my eyes to Vampire Lady.

“Non taken, Master. I know I can’t match up to the power Master’s other summons have.” She answered.

Well, now with a Blue-Eyes in my arsenal, I really don’t know what monster can stand a chance. How powerful are S-rank monsters anyway? Can Blue-Eyes solo one? Or would they be equal in strength?

Mission: Cure the Dhampirs
Goal: Cure dhampirs of their blood curses
Reward: Grants a random Vampire card for each cured dhampir
This mission is repeatable. You can gain the reward only once per person

 

Even the system agrees I should do this. With that I know I’m right. System is Law. System is God.

 

After that, I unsummon Vampire Lady and gave her card to Lucia.

“But,” She was trying to argue.

“Just give in.” I told her. “You won’t win this argument. Unless you want to leave your party and live with me, I won’t leave this house without you taking this card.” 

I probably would actually leave, but I can try these underhanded tactics. 

“Fine, I’ll take it.” She gave in and received the card. 

“Make sure to summon her every day to help you.” I told Lucia. I don’t want her to just hold onto that card for nothing.

“Ok. I will.” She agreed to that part quite easily.

 

 

“Well, I guess there is nothing more here for me to do for today. I’ll be off then.” I said to Lucia and got up from the table to leave.

“I see. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow then. Please show up at the guild.” She said as I was leaving. 

“Sure. I can do that.” I answered.

With that, I took to the streets.

 

 

The streets were still quiet. I guess people who work outside the walls haven’t returned yet. I think if I make my way straight to the Watchman manor, I’ll arrive there by snack time. I hope they won’t mind my intrusion too much.

On the way, a few people stopped me and thanked me for saving the town. Being famous comes with its downsides, I guess.

 

As I made it to the manor gates, the guards greeted me and let me in without any questions. Is this really fine?

At the door, I met with Nicole. So she is up at this time. I really shouldn’t make fun of her. I’m sure she is a hard working individual. Even if she stays up late and wakes up late. A mansion needs nighttime maids. At least I would assume so.

 

“Welcome back, Lord Brian.” She greeted me.

“Hello Nicole. I'm back. Are Christina and Alice here?” I responded.

“Madam and Miss are in the back garden. It is a nice day.” She told me.

“It sure is. Would it be fine if I join them?” I asked.

“I’m sure they would enjoy it.” She told me. “Please follow me.” 

Nicole turned to walk around the manor. I followed behind her.

 

 

“Brian!” Alice called out when she saw me following Nicole. Christina also turned around to look at me.

“Hi Alice, I’m back.” I answered. 

“Welcome back, sir Brian.” Christina greeted me.

“Sorry to intrude on your tea time.” I said to the duo.

“It’s fine. When did you get up?” Christina asked.

“This morning.” I answered. “And after some checks they let me go.”

“Then why didn’t you come straight here?” Alice asked.

“I was hanging out with Lucia.” I told her. 

“Why? You should have come straight here.” She argued. Don’t act like a jealous girlfriend.

“She was the one to do the final check on me, so I just ended up going with her.” I told Alice.

“I should ask Mana to teach me a spell I can use to check you up so I can do it myself.” Alice argued. Does something like ‘Dark Scan’ even exist? I really have no clue.

 

“Stop that you two.” Christina interrupted. “Brian, please sit down. You just got up from a coma so don’t over exert yourself.”

“It wasn’t a coma you know.” I said back while I took a seat at the table. By the time I had, a cup of tea was waiting for me. When did they have time to set it out? For baron’s maids, these girls are over specs. They seem like they could be working in a ducal manor. 

 

“So, how much did you level up?” Alice asked.

“Twenty levels.” I answered. 

“20? Really? I only got six levels.” She responded. Six is still a lot. 

“Were you fine afterwards? Did you feel sick?” I asked.

“I got a little temperature, but it went away after I slept.” She told me.

“Well, at least one of us got off easy.” I joked and took a sip of tea. I’m not sure which is better, this one or the one made by Lucia. Does Lucia use water magic to make the tea that good or is she just talented in the strangest things.

 

 

“Sir Brian, allow me to officially thank you for saving this town.” Christina was bowing before me.

“Don’t worry about it. I did it because I could.” I told her. “And I didn’t do it alone.”

“But without you, people wouldn’t have gathered in time.” She said. “You are the reason no one died and no damage was inflicted.” 

“Then you should thank the system. I wouldn’t have known about it without the system mission I got.” I said.

“Of course I did. But you are the messenger. Without you, we wouldn’t have heard of it before it was too late.” She argued.

“Just stop. Please.” I tried to hold her back. “I understand you want to thank me and everything, but this is too much. Just say ‘thank you’ like the people in town. It’s enough.”

“Then I will. Thank you.” Christina said to me.

“Thank you, Brian.” Alice added.

“Sure. I would say ‘anytime’, but I really don’t want this town to face another attack.” I responded.

“Let’s hope we stay safe.” Christina said.

“Everything will be fine.” Alice added. “As long as Brian is here, nothing can hurt us.”

“I don’t think you should say things like that Alice. It’s called a jinx. You will end up cursing the town. Something will attack as soon as I leave if you keep saying things like that.” 

 

Now I feel like I’m cursing the town myself. Honestly. Why does this town have to have a prophecy about a behemoth? It really will attack as soon as I leave, won’t it?

Let’s hope not.

 

 

After tea, I went to the guest room I was staying in. Both to relax and try out my telekinesis skill. If it really works like I think it does, it will be super useful.

(Laura, how should I do this?)

(You need a practice object first. Something small that won’t break if it falls would be ideal.)

Something small? And doesn’t break if dropped. Sounds like a job for a card. But who would I let float around? 

Beaver Warrior, do you want to fly? Actually, that’s an order. And it’s just your card that will be flying.

 

(So now that I have a ‘willing’ test subject, how do I actually do this?) I asked Laura.

(Just focus on the thing you want to move and how you want it to move. I’ll take care of the mana control for you.) Laura told me. So she’ll do the difficult part. Good.

Now, fly!

 

I can feel the mana moving inside me as I try to have the card achieve liftoff. And a few seconds later, the card is no longer touching my hand. It’s floating above it. 

Immediate success. Thank you Laura. Now, let’s move it around a bit.

As I want to move the card to the left, it goes left. I want it to the right, it goes right. Seems simple enough. Let’s try to move it faster.

 

… It fell. I wasn’t trying to go that fast.

(Master’s mana control can’t keep up.) Laura told me.

(Oh, well I guess then no flying with telekinesis, yet.)

(I wouldn’t recommend it.)

(And I guess I can’t use it for defense, either.)

(We will get better with it. Won’t we, Master.) Laura encouraged me.

(Of course. Add telekinesis practice to the daily agenda.) I told Laura. This is a skill I should try to master. It seems extremely useful, as soon as my mana can keep up.

 

I spent a little more time practicing with telekinesis and just lounging around, until Nicole came to get me for dinner.

 

For those that want to know how I choose the rewards for the mission, I have a list of 23 Vampire cards and then I just drop a number between 1-23 into random.org to choose the one Brian gets as the reward. Also these cards do not get sleeves or toploaders.

110