Chapter 47. Acquaintance
24 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing the voice, everyone in the room looked around in surprise. Alexander got up from the bench and began to carefully inspect the walls. Meanwhile, the female voice continued.

 

- Before I start, I'll explain a few rules to you. Now you are 4 people in one room, remember each other as you are a team. Killing in a team is not prohibited, if you are confident in your abilities you can kill. You will be released into a certain territory, know that escape is impossible, so focus on completing the task. Your task is to kill a single person. It will be a 10-year-old boy and the team that killed him will be released. As for the others, they will die!

 

After being silent for a few seconds, another voice descended on the room again. Unlike the previous one, this voice sounded formal and dignified.

 

- By the power given to me, I  Annie Werner promise, under the coat of arms of Verne, to fulfill the above words. As a kind-hearted temporary representative of the ruling family, I give citizens who have violated the laws of our state a chance for rehabilitation. There is an hour left before the start of the event. I wish you good luck.  

 

A gloomy teshena descended on the room. Everyone had different facial expressions. Jean was confused, not understanding what was going on. The old man sitting across from him had an angry expression through which the vision was visible. All this time, Nabushi, who was silent and looked coldly at those around her, clenched her fists and tried to calm down.

 

The only one whose emotions were more or less calm was Alexander, but even in his eyes there was a trace of sadness. After a few minutes of waiting, unable to stand Jean asked in confusion. 

 

- What does all this mean?

 

The answer was three looks that made him uncomfortable. Sighing Horn with restrained anger and seeping contempt said.

 

- That, that, as violators of the law, we were given a chance to become law-abiding citizens, and if we do not take advantage of this chance, death awaits us.  When the word law came out of his mouth, he grimaced in contempt. 

 

- But I don't understand why they do it, that is, if they want to kill us, why this strange task with the murder of a child.

 

After a moment of silence, a rather calm voice was heard from Alexander, in which sadness slipped through.

 

- Previously, I was a sergeant in Vern's army, and before I was put away, I heard from my superiors that the heir had started learning how to use the rashu.

 

This caused everyone in the audience to be confused, and Jean incomprehensibly, under the inner approval of the other two, asked.

 

- What's that supposed to mean?

 

Grinning, Alexander raised his head to the high ceiling and answered.

 

- It was about a year ago. As everyone knows, every Werner is a genius, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has already achieved   enhanced person this year. Few people know, but after reaching a new level, each Werner will have to pass some kind of test.  With a forced smile, he looked at the three people sitting in front of him. – Now you understand.

 

With a shocked face, Jean jumped up from his seat, crying out.

 

- Are you saying that we are just tools for training the prince?!

 

- Yes.

 

Horn looked at Alexander with concern and asked.

 

- But aren't they afraid to send a child against such a large group?

 

Squinting at the old man, Alexander shook his head.

 

- I do not know where you are from, old man, but many people, especially in Verne, know that the Werners have remarkable strength and intelligence. Even if they released their heir against so many people, they are either confident in his strength or, when the situation is deplorable for him, they will save him.

 

After being silent for a few seconds, he sighed and continued.

 

- Ha, okay, let's leave this topic, we have 40 minutes left to decide what we, as a group, will do. I think, united, we will have a chance to survive.

 

After hearing the suggestion, the oldest among them nodded.

 

- I agree. But before that, in order to add trust to each other, we need to tell a little about ourselves. – Seeing the confirming nods, Horn continued with an old man's sigh. – My name is Horn Kare, before I was imprisoned, I was the elder of a small village on the border between Verne and the United Empire. One day a wounded young man arrived in our village and asked me for help. I could not refuse him and sheltered him, treated his wounds. A few days later, Vern's army arrived in our village. It turned out that this young man was one of the wanted criminals who escaped. As a result, our entire village was accused of helping a criminal and violating the laws of Vern. That's how I ended up in prison.

 

At the end, Horn lowered his head in thought and sadness. Jean looked at him sympathetically and decided to continue.

 

- As you already know, I am Jean von Rigut from the noble house of Rigut. As I have already said, I do not know the reason for my incarceration and why the eternal guard attacked us.

 

When he finished, he looked at Alexander, who sat down and said evenly.

 

- My name is Alexander Kastrom. I had previously served in the army of Verna and due to the fact that I was not bad at managing wars and was at the level of an enhanced person, I was given the rank of sergeant and assigned to the management of a lieutenant. Soon, I found out that my lieutenant was a spy, and I found out when he offered to cooperate with him. Just when I was thinking about his proposal, we were interrupted by a member of the eternal Guard who appeared, who belonged to the central department. Due to the fact that I had not yet agreed to be a spy, he ordered me to be imprisoned, not killed.     

 

And teshena descended into the room again. Suddenly remembering something, Jean turned to the corner where the fourth person was sitting, in the room who had not said a word all the time.

 

- And you?

 

Hearing his words, the other two also remembered and looked at the girl carefully. Experiencing such attentive stares, Nabushi frowned and replied with displeasure.

 

- I'm Nabushi Karuta. I was imprisoned for the murder of one of Vern's soldiers.

 

Such a small answer did not satisfy the curiosity of the others, and Jean looked inquiringly and asked.   

 

- Why did you kill him?

 

Casting a cold glance at Jean, Nabushi said.

 

- He wanted to rape me.

 

Everyone in the room frowned and Jean, realizing that it was not worth asking such a question, apologized. Alexander was looking at the girl carefully, trying to see something. Nabushi didn't like it, and she snapped back in a sharp tone.

 

- Why are you looking at me like that?

 

Shaking his head and removing his gaze, Alexander replied.

 

- When I served, such actions were followed by torture, and then the death penalty. That's why I thought you were lying, I'm sorry. Maybe you're just unlucky enough to meet some battalion with a bad command.

 

Suddenly, a beep sounded in the room and the calm voice of a woman reached the ears of those present.

 

- Time's up. You have 7 days to complete your task.

 

Right after that, a light lit up the room, blinding everyone.

 

0