Chapter 110 — Rosey’s Might
148 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rosey's Might

 

 

 

With time, her cheery self came back to her as she now had the thought of improving a lot from now on. As such, it was also time they both departed, she however did answered to his petition of moving out with him.

"I can't do that right now, but I can definitely start planning for it starting today for the future, please wait for me. I-I know it's not mine to say this, but I have to prepare many things, after all, I wasn't working alone in my shop and... My family will be really worried were I to suddenly move, so-" She didn't had to speak more as Tongqiu interrupted her with his own comforting words: "It's okay Miriam, for you to take this slow is also good for me. We can always communicate with each other and I can always take you out. I don't expect you to simply leave anything that surrounds you or the like. Just take it... as if you're already delivering yourself to me, okay?"

Mwah~

A single noisy, extended kiss resounded from their collided lips as her words then came to be, fully excited and shocked at the-impossible-to-imagine matter to actually be hinted at so obviously by her man himself!

"Yes! Beishang, yes! I-I... ahem. Ah! Before I go, there's a place that I will need help with to go, would you like to help me?" And excited Miriam talked out with him when she finally remembered a good excuse to spend time with him.

Whether it was to level, farm or get a quest completed, Tongqiu grinned a little as he responded with an understanding voice: "Alright, we'll meet later for it."

"Mn, it may be some time before that, make sure to have a higher level than LV50, okay? Well then, ah, I suppose we'll depart ways for now... I'll miss you, so miss me too, okay?" Her still worried tone and expression prompted Tongqiu to shake his head somewhat helplessly as he responded by nesting the fingers of his right hand into her hair before cupping her left cheek with it.

"Then, let me put the Relic of the Light on you, give me your hand." He was polite and proper when speaking to her besides just gentle and understanding, as if a little girl had done something really bad but she was nonetheless forgiven, yet the little girl felt that she owed him quite a lot already and that her company alone wouldn't be just it to get back into being in his good side. There was a clear, non-hidden anger and abandonment within Tongqiu's body, and she had to quench it down herself.

"Mn." Miriam remained obedient as both her hands were presented to him, for him to choose any of the two.

Choosing her left hand before also choosing her fourth/ring finger, Tongqiu felt her flinch for an instant there before amply melting down softly. Putting it in her finger, with his right hand, he put the one he had in his own ring finger.

[Relic of the Light]: Type: Ring, Grade: Spiritual(Brown),  Equipment Requirements: Must equip with the correlated item with another entity at the same time, Attributes: INT+100 and DEX+100, Effects: When fully activating this and its counterpart, its wearer will receive STR+300 and REC+300 from its partner, if in danger, the wearer of this relic can summon their partner to protect them.

'Are you fucking serious. She gets all that, for nothing?! Sigh, well, I don't really need it so it's better this way.' Feeling quite comical from this situation, Tongqiu looked back at her only to see not a single given fuck from the item's stats, with only her eyes look back at him in total endearment. A few diminute-sized tears were even taking form at the corner of her eyes, a sigh came to be from his mouth as warmth invaded him instead of taking it away.

"Even when I was such a freak back then, you remained at my side, taking care of me and showing me how to care for others. Sigh, how can I just blame you when you were just a little girl, scared of such a criminal lord like my clan? Let's take it nice and slow, okay? I will still never allow you to leave my side, even if you wanted to. Besides... Never mind, you'll be there when it happens. Take care, if you need me right away, use the skill of the ring, okay?" As Tongqiu talked with a neutral yet reminiscing voice, Miriam -'Yunalesca'- sighed softly in response, her body visibly calming down.

"Mn."

After responding obediently and sharing a little hug, they both finally departed from their gladdened re-encounter.

***

 

Azure Dragon City, blacksmith's shop... the usual.

 

Tongqiu was hammering down some more slim yet durable objects, already finished forging them. This was the thirteenth batch today, and only a few hours have gone by, but his resources weren't nearing the state of becoming scarce one single bit. He could be forging those two types of arrows for a month for 5 hours everyday and he'd still have lots of materials at his disposal.

There were a few reasons for that to happen.

First, he was just too damn good at it. Whenever he finished a product, even when it cost him so much time and some failures as well, he would get either a better quality than that signaled at the instructions or more than one of them, when it came to munition items or those equipment with way lower grade than that of his sub-class.

Two, Forge and Create had also something to do with his own sub-classes being slightly better when it came to forging these items or concocting some other items, hence the obvious disparity. It was, of course, much more difficult than that of any player that acquired their sub-class on their own, like any other need to do to actually have a sub-class. Tongqiu was really lucky.

Three, the Great Petal Suit full set gave him way too fucking much advantage. Not only was concocting much more efficient with his 'Pure Hearted' title which added up to a gardener efficiency+115%, his potions ended up being almost x3 from that of what he usually used to make per batch. His every step at making them and at forging an item were also meticulously more easily done, sub-class efficiency+70% gave him all he needed to grow fast at his sub-classes. With every item he made, he would also gain tons of Experience from this bonus. This type of buff wasn't helpful when creating items higher than his current grade of his sub-class could create though, so he could only still make items that his grade allowed him to make, without exceptions.

*PING*...you've successfully forged: Wind Connecting Arrow, result is as follows: quantity: 41, quality: Top, difficulty: Intermediate.

"Sigh... Rosey~! Roooseeeey~!" After having a little bit of workout done, Tongqiu slightly sighed before raising his head and shouting for Rosey to show up, she was somewhere around the room, perfectly hidden like she suddenly liked playing with him out of nowhere.

"Hm..." Tongqiu began moving around the room in hopes to hearing her move around or something, naturally, he didn't use Mental Power to deal with this little mischievous child.

At one point, he stomped heavily on the floor as he grew closer to the workbench where many tools were messily arranged at, instantly hearing a hushed: "Brr!"

The sound was utterly inaudible and even had a hint of naughtiness to it, if Tongqiu hadn't had some source of extreme observant skills, she would've gone away with it. Naturally, he couldn't allow something like that to happen once he discovered her general whereabouts!

He kept on walking back and forth in front of the workbench as more and more hushed 'brr, brr!' sounded out again and again. At some point, whether because of anxiety or because she became too flustered, Rosey jumped up from her hiding spot which was right behind the workbench as she perfectly blended in with her surroundings.

'Ah, that's true, she can do that stuff too.' Slightly speechless, Tongqiu opened his arms to take in the little thing that flew into his chest with the quickest of speeds.

Thud.

A little noise spread from his body as the little thing had her hands fidgeting with one another and her eyes wide open, excited as they went from closed in joy from looking at him with her bright, little eyes upwardly.

Seeing how cutey of a Rosey she was being, he decided to bring her out to play, namely to kill. So he asked her: "Dear little Rosey, would you like to go out and get stronger, hmm?"

"Brr, brr~~"

Her only response was to nod earnestly with her eyes cutely opening and closing nonstop. Tongqiu then added in a pampered manner: "Alright then, let's go right now! I'd like to see if you're truly that amazing, huh huh."

Being ostentatiously challenged, Rosey's entire disposition turned fierce as heck, her claws, teeth, eyes and even her extremely cute pointy ears became once again terrific and full of danger!

"Yup, that's the Rosey I like the most... Well, second most, cute little obedient Rosey is best!" At the finish of her words, Rosey turned back to her cute bright eyes wide opened as her little lips were thinly smiling.

***

 

Azure Dragon Sub-Division, south, where a LV40 hunting grounds were located at with no more than a couple of full parties around.

 

"Look Rosey, these are gonna be somewhat fun to beat down to death, see them?" At the same time, he also looked towards the fun-to-beat-up mobs in question.

[Morbid Ball of Rock]: Type: Monster(Mutation), Level: 40, HP: 31,000. Some strange happenings have occurred in the past where many wizards had taken their research a bit too deep into the unknown, these tormented beings are the perfect proof of that.

Skills: Durable.

Durable: Has HP+15% and Physical Defense+50%.

"Brrr..."

Giving a 'br' in contemplation, Rosey also read their stats on her own, all while also swaying her head left and right to evaluate the literal ball of rocks mingled together like a crude piece of art with a disgusting green-like substance covering some parts of it. If there was a porcupine made of rock, this was it, except without legs nor without a true body. It merely had a large mouth that had a meaty tongue and enormous eyeballs. Morbid indeed.

"Brr! Ptrr,ptrr? Brr!" Somewhat rebuking Tongqiu for both; bringing her to such an ugly land as well as undermining her own strength and the likes, Rosey then wanted to go in a kill the thing herself. To which Tongqiu abruptly stopped her.

"Ahem, let me help you up a little first, okay?" His words were nice but he was answered back with a glare that said 'hurry it up then' and a couple of condescending 'ptrs'.

Tongqiu took out his short bow as he rapidly and skillfully aimed at one of them, he nocked a purple arrow on the durable, harsh bowstring before pulling it to a full moon in a second as he then let loose of the weapon!

Whistle!

-5,910.

One arrow, one damage number coming up. His total damage was that of 6,120 thanks to his incredible special properties from the arrow which used both Physical and Magical Power. And just like that, he didn't need to use any skill to deal such high amount of damage. His total damage was, however, pulled down a little bit by the huge amount of Physical Defense the Morbid Ball of Rock had, yet his Magical Power had its entire defense be nullified. After all, he did have more Magical Power than  Physical Power.

With only but 25,090 HP left, Tongqiu knocked two arrows at the same time as he made a quick couple of wideshots with two arrows before finishing the bastard with a last one coming right at the center of its... face.

-5, 910, -5,911, -5,910, -5,910, -12,706.

*PING*...you've successfully killed monster 'Morbid Ball of Rock', half of your Experience has been given to your pet 'Rosey'.

'Oh! Good, I didn't even know of that.' Of course he didn't, he didn't even bother to check up the features of a pet on the forums nor within the game itself, this time he truly had no excuse whatsoever.

*PING*...your pet 'Rosey' has levelled up to LV1, HP+750, MP+3,000, Stamina+2,500, Physical Power+300, Magical Power+375, Physical Defense+60, Magical Defense+60.'Nature's Endearment' skill has been unlocked!

*PING*...your pet 'Rosey' has levelled up to LV2...

*PING*...your pet 'Rosey' has levelled up to LV3...

*PING*... your pet 'Rosey' has levelled up to LV6, HP+750, MP+3,000, Stamina+2,500, Physical Power+300, Magical Power+375, Physical Defense+60, Magical Defense+60.

'Holy... fuck, this grow is truly good.' After praising little Rosey in his mind, Tongqiu checked her current stats.

Attributes: HP: 5,250, MP: 21,000, Stamina: 17,500, Physical Power: 4,800, Magical Power: 6,000, Physical Defense: 420, Magical Defense: 420, Hit Rate: 200%, Dodge Rate: 100%, Critical Hit Rate: 50%, Pierce Rate: 100%, Attack Speed: 250%, Movement Speed: 300%.

Indeed, her HP was amazing already. But her amount of resources from her MP and Stamina were astounding, one could only dream what kind of monster she'd be once other skills were awoken, if right now she was already this terrifying. There was also that new other skill.

[Nature's Endearment]: LV: 1, MAX LV: 3, Level required for LV2: LV: 60, Rosey is accompanied at all times by the Core Elements as she herself is resembling with them in a rather 'as it was supposed to be' manner; she cannot die as easily, as a result, every time Rosey's HP falls down to 0, she will instead resuscitate on the spot with full HP. After reviving, she will be granted Movement Speed+1,000% for three seconds. Note: Only Rosey is favored this way, her master cannot receive the same benefits and will die without any help given if his HP reaches 0. Trigger: Death state. Uses: 3/3. Cooldown: 24 hours.

Tongqiu had nothing to say at the unnecessarily amazing display of favoritism presented for Rosey, and only her. About the other skills, he wasn't an idiot not to recognize Dooming Bloom while he could only deduce that Great Petals of Destruction and Teary Petal were somewhat connected. There was now only the need to see how well she would fight for him.

Tongqiu's encouraging voice traveled at little Rosey's pointy ears: "Hey Rosey, it's your turn, so go and wreck them to pieces!"

"Brr! Brr!" After nodding valiantly twice, she dashed forwards with her arms pulled back towards one of the ugly shits in front. Quickly launching a kick at its 'face'.

-4,800.

'Eh? She ignores defenses? Is it because of her grade, or her race?' Tongqiu lost himself on his own thoughts as it was habitually so, Rosey, upon seeing him be entirely focused on her, she decided to make a nice show to brag about in the future.

With clean, swift motions of her arms and legs going from one side all the way to the other as fast as lightning. Her arms would shape like a blade, her left one starting from her right side as it moved towards her left in clean sweep motions while her legs did the same as she made small hops in the middle of the air, allowing her legs to take attack at the same height that her arms did just then.

-4,900, -4,800, -4,800, -4,800, -4,800, -4,800.

*PING*...your pet 'Rosey' has successfully killed monster 'Morbid Ball of Rock', half of the Experience has been given to you as her Master.

*PING*...your pet 'Rosey' has levelled up to LV7...

*PING*...your pet 'Rosey' has levelled up to LV10, HP+750, MP+3,000, Stamina+2,500, Physical Power+300, Magical Power+375, Physical Defense+60, Magical Defense+60.

One sole kill has got her all the way up to LV10 from LV6, that was also with her Experience being halved by Tongqiu. This wouldn't occur if Tongqiu was at least higher than the mob by at least 10 levels. Which Tongqiu was now reading through the system's hints, even asking the system or rather, the AI, for some other little bits of information.

Tongqiu looked through Rosey's information once again, itching to see her little Rosey's strength be higher and higher, already imagining all those next Heavenly BOSSes soon to come that will be pulverized by Tongqiu x Rosey Teamwork!

Attributes: HP: 8,250, MP: 33,000, Stamina: 27,500, Physical Power: 6,300, Magical Power: 7,875, Physical Defense: 660, Magical Defense: 660, Hit Rate: 200%, Dodge Rate: 100%, Critical Hit Rate: 50%, Pierce Rate: 100%, Attack Speed: 250%, Movement Speed: 300%.

It was at that moment that Tongqiu stopped being a fool and realized of something: 'Wait! Wasn't she a Heavenly BOSS before? Right now... shouldn't she be actually better than before? Then, her Heavenly stats are probably around that of my current ones when it comes to Attack Speed and Movement Speed. Fuck, no wonder her attack power was so great, even if it was less than half, being at LV50 that would still be too much for someone like me to take in. Especially when I can't use my equipment's stats for my own. Besides...'

Tongqiu then gazed at Rosey's skills, Bloodline, Myriad Thorny Roots and Life/Essence Steal were all related to intercepting, entrapping and destroying the enemy. By both, either slowly or at once. This was an all round kind of 'buffer' pet as well as quite the helpful one in survival measures. With these skills, he had not to fear being surrounded by true enemies like back when he was ganged up by those Fallen Summons or those Unwilling Souls at the Courtyard of the Heroic Souls.

He now had better means to one-man army players, making it easier for him to kindly claim more Portal Stones -possible, hopefully- that his own class's mystery quest may bestow upon him.

Oh, but it was at that moment that, Tongqiu received the small visit of a couple hundred players coming from his behind. Hell, they weren't trying to be even slightly quiet as they were already yelling at him.

"HEY, TONGQIU~~ c'mere little, little kitty. Hahaha, hey! I hear that, you had a nice pet? Oh, is it that one? Hahaha how cute that shit is man~!"

"Hahaha, what were you doing with such a doll in this desolate terrain, huh? Were you properly playing with her? HAHAHA."

"Meh, stop talking, guys. Just take him down and make him submit to us, then that little doll will be ours, right?"

"Nah, I'm gonna go and tame it, look at me go, hahaha!"

 

...

 


Author's Note: Sorry for the lateness, I was writing some important development up ahead Q_Q and lost myself to my fingers. WRITING.

2