001 In Death there is Life
683 10 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I died, lovely.

I'm not sure how exactly I died but I did. The only thing I do remember is that I had trouble falling asleep for at least four nights trying to come up with a decent idea for a story. I got so caught up in my thoughts I just couldn't fall asleep because each time I came up with a "good idea" another thought came up and I started expanding on that idea and it repeated basically on loop. I came up with so many possible ideas however I did not want to write due to lack of motivation and how one of my other original stories went, where it quickly went to shit. Moving on, let's talk about something different now.

Let's start with my life before dying. To be honest It wasn't that bad, no garbage family with no love, no significant achievements, and absolutely no luck in really anything outside the conditions of my brith.

I was constantly moving around to different schools each being different than the last. Most of the schools I didn't make any real friends as most people know, children are assholes. My first school had the largest population of bullies I have ever seen where about 25% of each grade was total assholes. I vividly remember this one guy, let's call him Nick, fully believing that taking stuff from others and hitting/punching others was a good thing. There was this one incident I had with Nick that I finally had enough and told a teacher about. That day I lost all my faith in any sort of student justice at that school because the teachers and the people who worked there fully believed that locking the offender, and the victim in the same room for the rest of the school day was the correct way to stop bullying. Honestly of all the schools I have been to that one by far was the worst. In middle school it wasn't much different, as on the first day I transferred in, my assigned seat was apparently next to the most popular girl in the grade. No they didn't change all year and I got shit for it daily.

Fast forward a few months and a group of three girls decided to invite me to their friend group since they were relatively new as well. They came the year before I did and quickly became the nicest people in the grade. I honestly didn't trust them much after the shit the previous few months so even though I hung out with them I didn't speak much for a few weeks to see if they were two faced. Eventually I did warm up to them and was pretty happy for a while. Fast forward again to the last year of middle school and the girls started to change, but me being the ignorant child I didn't notice. I asked one of them out in the middle of the year and now I have a subconscious fear of ever asking someone out again. They say the worst thing she can say is "no," god damn they couldn't be any more wrong. They started laughing and said "I thought you were gay!" and word spread like wildfire across the grade, then to the rest of the school. Apparently some guy decided it would be great to record the entire thing and post it on social media, and you can imagine how that went.

After that whole shit show I got into video games, anime, and later web novels. In a blink of an eye two years passed, after finishing middle school I switched into a boarding high school but instead of socializing I stuck to the dorms as much as possible and played video games. Eventually I got burnt out on video games and started looking for something new and I stumbled upon anime roughly a year or so before covid. I watched as many of them as possible and around the time covid hit I had just finished an anime that wasn't finished story wise, so I started looking for the web novel or light novel so I could finish the story. After that I scourged the internet for more web novels since I loved the last one. Fast forward some more to my senior year of high school, I stumbled upon fan fictions, the first one I read was Justice in a One Piece World and once again I got hooked. I loved the thought of reading stories I already know but theres a character screwing with the plot or using the plot to their advantage. Near the end of last year I decided I was going to give writing a story a try. Turns out writing a story from scratch is extremely difficult. I started reading fanfics again and after a while I thought "Huh, I might give writing a fan fiction a go." Which catches us up to the present where ...I'm dead.

I came back to my senses and I was in a line with a bunch of golden balls going towards a golden portal. After looking around I noticed another line with gray balls that was far longer that led to a white portal and that I was also a golden ball. I assume that means these balls are souls? After a while of waiting and I was almost at the golden portal in front of me I heard someone yelling "SHIT ITS A ROGUE SOUL!" I felt a strong push from behind me and then I crashed into something before falling into a portal and everything going black.

"Ughhh... my head hurts like hell, what happened?" I brought my hands up to my head to hold my headache but felt something that wasn't supposed to be there. It was a horn as well as long light blue hair. Behind me was a long blueish black tail with light blue accents. And finally my skin was blue as well.

*ROOAARRRR*

"Oh fuck."

This series is posted on webnovel, currently up to chapter 7.

Discord here: https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa

New chapters will be posted every 5 days here on Scribblehub, if webnovel gets even farther ahead I will shorten the time between chapters.

22