007: Quests Start!
332 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way back from the Garden nothing too eventful happened, other than the occasional Klaxosaur that got mad because we were in a Franxx that was normally their enemy. After I quickly calmed them down with a pat on the head and explaining to them they went on their way. Shiro and I mostly just chatted on the way back and I talked with her about what I did in the classroom. She then told me that she did something as well a few days before and I was immediately curious.

"Ok, tell me what did you do?"

"I may or may not have made tiny cameras and put them on the kids you said were going to be involved in the main plot so we can watch them."

"Oh good call, that way we can know when they will come visit us! By the way did you get one on ZeroTwo?"

"Yea, hers was the first one I finished since I didn't have many chances otherwise to get it on her."

"Also how did you get it so we can get a signal from them? I don't really see how we could connect to them without any structures or satellites to transfer the video."

"I am using their own communication signals, then a bunch of nanobots have been hopping off with each of our steps to make a cord essentially to transfer the data taken from the cameras."

"Wait how will we last all the way back, I seriously doubt we can store that many in our Franxx?"

"Yea we can't but we should be fine going for another hour or so before we have to stop for an hour before we can continue again."

"I guess thats the plan then."

It took us a couple weeks to get back before we finally made it home. Shiro quickly ran to her workshop to make us a TV that could be used to watch the kids as they grow up and I went to the basement to check on the automated spacecraft factories Shiro made before we left a while back. I expected about 10 or so unmanned spacecraft to be produced a day and about 3800 total for the time we were gone, but boy was I wrong. There must have been triple that amount, and the mothership sized room was nearly half way full. After using my mini-map search function to find out how many were in the room it turned out there were 11459 functional spacecraft in that room. I sent a third to both of the motherships that were completed and changed the machine that made the spacecraft's settings to finish producing the one it was working on currently then power off. I started heading back and remembered the quests and decided I would do some good old fashion questing.

"Hey Nero, can you show me all the quests I have right now?"

[Quests]

[Daily: Exercise! You need it!

Details: 100 Push-ups, 100 Sit-ups, 100 Crunches, 10 Mile run.

Reward: Daily Mystery Chest]

[Story: Save the world!

Details: Find a way to save the world without dying! It shouldn't be that hard right?

Reward: ???

Punishment for failure: Death]

[Optional: Mission Impossible

Details: Sneak into Plantations 0/8, Sneak into the Garden 1/1.

Requirement: Must not be noticed or have anyone find out your true identity, Must be on Plantations for more than 24 Hours.

Reward: Talent: Stealth (Master), 2x Ultimate Chest]

[Optional: Master of Words

Details: Convince 10 humans to join your side 1/10

Requirement: No use of force or threatening allowed, Humans must be over 18 years of age.

Reward: Random Status Up, Random Skill]

[Optional: Farm to Fork

Details: Grow 25 different types of plants 17/25, Make and consume 4 dishes for each plant 62/100

Requirement: Combination dishes are OK, and plants grown can not be slight genetical differences, example lettuce types.

Reward: Inner Growth Room, Omniversal Plant Guidebook.]

[Optional: Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Details: Teleport to some random place around the world (you will be within 5 Km of intelligent life)

Requirement: Survive for 5 days 0/5.

Reward: Entire planet is revealed on the Mini-map]

The first and last optional quests seem fun so I will probably do that, though I should let Shiro know before I leave for a while. I arrived at Shiro's workshop and entered and started to look for her. In her workshop she has three main rooms for her projects, the first being the light project room, or the "Come in there is no important project going on," the semi-important room or the "Nock before entering room," and finally the 100% focus room or the "ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DISTURB room." I once entered 100% focus room without thinking once and ruining one of Shiro's project and she was pissed for a week and she didn't speak at all to me for the next few days. I looked above the doors to see which room she was in today and noticed she was in the second room. I pressed the small button that she added after our incident to let her know I was waiting for her then sat down on a chair to wait for her. About five minutes later she came out of her room.

"Hey Naomi, what do you need?"

"I was just coming to mention that I was going to be gone for a while, I am going to be doing some of the optional quests."

"Oh, how long do you think you will be gone?"

"Anywhere around a week to a month, depending on how things go."

"Can I get a h..... before you go?"

"Can you repeat that I didn't hear what you said when you mumbled?"

Shiro then repeated with a bright red face, "Can I get a hug before you go?" I froze and took a moment to process what she had just said. "Is that a no?" She said in a sad tone.

"No, no, no, I mean yes, yes you can get a hug." I replied with an equally red face. "I just didn't expect that question. I honestly didn't expect that to happen. Don't get me wrong though, I am super happy that this happened."

I then pulled her into a bearhug before saying, "Honestly Shiro, these past few years makes my life before meeting you feel kind of worthless. Thank you for coming into my life, once this whole world saving business is over I would love to go further."

"Nn."

"I will see you in a few weeks," I then selected the random teleport quest and as I was about to teleport I said one last thing. "I love you."

+++++++++

(Quick Shiro Pov)

Back in my workshop after Naomi disappeared I stood still for about an hour before I finally woke back up. Did that really just happen? Did I hear her actually say 'I love you.'? I honestly expected that not to work, I fully expected to be rejected.

I went back to go and work on the TV blueprint I had just gotten from a hidden quest called 'TV? Even with no channels?' and its reward was a Dimensional Cable, and when I sat down I noticed I was not able to work at all. God damnit now I won't be able to calm down and finish my project today.

"AH FUCK IT, I'm going to my room and scream in happiness."

~~Fast forward 20 minutes~~

Yep, that didn't help at all, I'ma just chill in bed all day today. Normal Shiro is dead and both me and Naomi killed her.

++++++++++

(Back to MC pov)

Ah fuck, now I want to go back, I am just going to not bother with that till later, that is future me's problem. OK lets see where I am, because apparently people (hopefully) are near by. I climbed to the highest spot near by since I seemed to be either in a ditch or a hole and started looking around. Almost immediately after I turned around I noticed what I was near, a massive moving plantation.

I quickly disguised myself and put on my invisibility cloak before running to the stopped plantation. Once I arrived at the plantation I quickly climbed up its walls to get on the outer observation deck that went around the entire plantation. I could hear gunfire from the other side of the plantation so I decided that the quickest way over would be up and began to climb once again and once I was half way up I could start running so it became much easier to cross the plantation.

Eventually I reached the very top of the plantation and was above the birdcage, I was able to finally see what they were firing at and noticed it was a Klaxosaur. Very shortly after five standard model Franxx came out and the cannons stopped firing to let the parasites do the work. I have to admit, they have amazing teamwork and work like a well oiled machine, though sadly I don't see them winning without any losses since it was one of the stronger types of Klaxosaurs. Eventually the Klaxosaur got a good hit on one of the Franxx knocking it out of Commission for a while. The Klaxosaur did not let up on it and rushed in to finish off the Franxx and the other parasites used that chance to kill the Klaxosaur. The fight ended shortly after and the Klaxosaur managed to kill the one Franxx and its pilots before it died. I decided to get up and find an entrance after watching the fight. After watching the Franxx explode I was reminded that this world was anything but safe, death is everywhere if you know where to look.

After looking around for a while the plantation started to move again and I finally found my entrance. When I entered I was greeted by a massive golden city however I only knew that the direction I wanted to go was up. One idea I had was to find someone and follow them which didn't work out too well, as the massive city was like a ghost town. When I was about to call it quits for the day and sleep for a little while I noticed a group of younger looking people and decided to follow them. My luck ended up paying off and it turns out it was the remaining parasites being taken back up to the Birdcage.

After the elevator finally stopped at the top of the Birdcage and dropped everyone off I ran off to the Boardinghouse and jumped quickly up to the second floor and looked for a room that was not being used. I eventually decided on taking a room in the attic and then locked blocked the door before storing my stuff then going to sleep.

The next morning I mindlessly unblocked the door and went down stairs to get food. It was early in the morning and was about 5AM and I assumed no one was awake because Shiro very rarely wakes up before 9AM. I didn't even notice one of the kids peaking through the door at me when I walked down the hall. Eventually I made it to the kitchen and started cooking myself breakfast using the eggs and bacon they had. Once I finished my breakfast I walked over to the table and started eating, before I heard a cough a little in front of me. There was a group of 8 kids standing there with what seemed to be any object they could find to 'defend' themselves with.

I swallowed my food while looking at them, nodded then went back to my food. Its too fucking early to babysit children today. I could have sworn I heard a few of them fall over after I looked back at my food but I could not care in the slightest. One of the boys, who I assumed was the leader, started yelling at me.

"OI WHY ARE YOU HERE, WHO ARE YOU!"

"I am tired and hungry, and can't be bothered to answer till later. It's too early to babysit children right now. Also please quiet the fuck down while I am eating please."

"Ok, but who are you?"

"Ask me again later, I am going back to the attic to sleep, I'll answer some questions at later at noon if I am up. Don't bother me or tell anyone about me if you know what's good for you."

I slowly walked back upstairs and passed a woman that I recognized but didn't pay any mind to.

"Excuse me Ms, Who are you and how did you get here?"

"I'll answer questions when I wake up in a bit, I'm going back to sleep for a bit. Just know I realllllly don't like being threatened so just wait till about noon and I'll answer some questions."

I went back to the room I claimed for myself then quickly went back to sleep. Back at the children their caretaker Nana, arrived and asked if they knew anything about the strange woman that appeared out of nowhere.

"Did that woman say anything to you kids?"

"When 086 asked her why she was here and who she was she just responded with 'I am tired and hungry, and can't be bothered to answer."

"Nana, she also said 'It's too early to be babysitting children right now' and that she would come answer some of our questions when she wakes up."

"What should we do Nana?"

"We will do our usual routine and when she wakes up we will take a break and ask her questions."

"""Ok!"""

 

This series is posted on webnovel, and updates faster there, go check it out if you want to read ahead.

Discord here: https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa

 

14