006: The Garden
257 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we arrived at the walls of the Garden, all of the defenses along the walls turned and locked on to us. After a few minutes of nothing happening they finally sent a communication line.

"Hello, this is 096 from the Garden Guards, can you please tell us who you are, and why you are piloting a Franxx that supposedly had been destroyed? Also what is the purpose of coming here?"

"This is pilot Shiro or 144 along with Naomi who had found and saved me nine years ago. For the second question we had repaired and modified the destroyed Franxx and made it so two pistols could control it. The purpose for coming here is that we finally made it back to civilization and this was the only place we knew the location of and none of the plantations had been nearby. We will likely teach here as it's the least we can do."

"Give me a moment please."

I started speaking in telepathy to Shiro so they wouldn't hear us and said, 'I hope they buy this. Though I do wonder how they will respond to a situation like this.'

'True, although I would rather not have any trouble getting in otherwise it will be a pain later on.'

'We could make people disappear and use the nano-klaxosaurs to replace them.'

'Naomi I know you want to make people disappear but that could be bad later on if they find out.'

'Fiiiinneeee.'

"This is 096, Welcome home 144."

"YES!"'That was so easy.' Shiro said.

The gates to the Garden opened up and we were let in. We were told to follow a car to one of the few spare Franxx hangers they had. On the way there a bunch of kids ran over and watched as we passed by. We gave a little wave to them and they all started cheering before running back inside. Once we arrived at the hanger I slapped an unbreakable token on our Franxx that way the scientists here could not find the Mini Arc Reactor or the components of the modified Franxx.

'Shiro, quick cover one of your arms in nanites to look like you have a robotic arm.'

'Wait why?'

'If you came back with no scratches or injuries what so ever even though you have been gone for multiple years outside civilization it will definitely raise some eyebrows. Plus it works like a thin coat of armor so win win.'

'Ah good idea, should we give you one as well?'

'Just my foot, that way we can claim it was me who had the technology first and gave you an arm back.'

'Ok, done.'

My appearance was a taller red haired girl who looked about 21 and had blue eyes. I was on the taller side and now had a robotic looking foot. Eventually the docking process for the Franxx finally finished and we got out of it and met a guard on the bridge. The guard took off it's helmet and revealed a young boy that looked about 16 years old.

"Hello, I am 096, the one who talked to you folks over the communication. I have to ask how did you make it out there, I couldn't imagine anyone would be able to live out there."

"Well Naomi here and her family found me stuck in my escape pod and I have lived with them since, sadly about five years ago Klaxosaurs attacked and only me and Naomi are left."

I quickly faked a sad look to make the act look legit, which the guard only noticed the sad look.

'Nice quick thinking Shiro.'

"I'm sorry for your loss Ms. Naomi. By the way earlier you said you would teach here, what would you like to teach? We already have teachers for all of the normal subjects So is there any plan?"

This time I spoke up and said, "We plan to teach either a survival class or some other miscellaneous class."

"That sounds interesting, Hah even I might show up to it. Well follow me, I will bring you to the  children. They are excited to meet someone from the outside."

When we arrived at the Central tower in the Garden there was a group of kids waiting at the entrance of the tower for us. We did a slight greeting before the children ran off for bed as it was getting late. Shiro nudged me and quietly asked me if I recognized any of them which I shook my head. We thanked the guard before saying we were going to go look around. After we got out of sight of any cameras or guards I pulled an Invisibility Cloak that I got from the daily reward and Shiro and I decided to look for ZeroTwo. I used my Mini-map to search and guide us to the young Klaxo-sapien girl and we eventually found her. We snuck in and eventually reached her door, Shiro connected her nanobots to the door and hacked it open so we could slip in without being noticed.

Code 002 had a life equivalent to hell, she was constantly tortured in the name of science trying to recreate someone she never knew. One day the door to her room opened at a different time than usual so she quickly backed into the corner for safety and waited. Surprisingly the people never came and the door shut again. She closed her eyes and realized she could feel someone in the room with her, someone like her. Before she opened her eyes she felt a hand on her head then something wrap its arms around her, but unlike the bad scientists that was cold and filled with pain this grasp was filled with warmth and care. She then heard a voice in her head saying 'Sorry, I am so sorry. I am so sorry, this was my fault. I hope one day you can forgive me.' The warm grasp then left almost as quick as it came and 002 reached out, desperate to find that warmth again. When she got up to look for the warmth she quickly tripped on something, when she looked at what she tripped on she noticed a book, a small picture book from her warmth.

Shiro and I quickly left the room and went as quickly as we could back to the room we were assigned to stay the night. Both of us were absolutely fuming and were very tempted to straight up leave and take ZeroTwo with us. We eventually calmed down and decided we would only take them if they were about to die, we were going to take turns watching over her to make sure she was absolutely safe. The first day of the students classes with us would start tomorrow so we decided we were going to get ready for that in the morning.

Our first day of classes started and since it was an optional class no one showed up except for our protagonist Hiro or 016 shows up. Nothing too special happens in the class before he has to leave. Fast forward a few weeks and some of his friends start showing up as well, till eventually all of the original characters from the anime showed up. Classes pass like normal till one day Hiro stays a little longer than the rest of the class and he asked me a question.

"Teacher, can you tell me who the girl with horns is? All of the other adults scold me when I ask."

"Why do you think I would answer that question and the others would not?"

"Well teacher, you seem different than them, unlike the other adults you seem like you always are happy and are not emotionless."

"Hahahaha! You got me there, but truth is kid I ain't happy at all most days, most days I am absolutely infuriated due to the things I have seen. You wanted to know about the Horned girl yea?" I then spoke in a far more serious tone, "Well kid, of all the people here, she needs help the most."

"Then why don't you help her? You are the strongest I know, even Teacher Shiro isn't as strong as you."

"Well there are some things I can and can not do kiddo, and sadly that is one of them. However the things I can not do does not mean you can't do them either. Cya around kiddo, don't get yourself killed."

Hiro simply tilted his head in response to my words as I walked out the door to my room. Shiro arrived shortly after me and I simply told her, "It's beginning," to which she simply nodded and asked me if I wanted to watch over ZeroTwo for the next few days. I agreed and started watching over her from morning till night until the breakout finally happened.

Hiro snuck out and started looking around to see if anyone was able to see him before he started scaling the tree outside of ZeroTwo's room. When they both started escaping from the room the tree branch they were on broke and Hiro was going to die if he hit the ground without any assistance so while I was still invisible I corrected the angle he fell at so he would simply pass out. ZeroTwo quickly got up and looked around for help before picking Hiro up and dragging him away. I notified Shiro that this was happening and she quickly joined me with her invisibility cloak. Hiro eventually woke up and tried to get her to spit out the mouse like what happened in the anime and he got bitten and ZeroTwo did not let go until I put my hand on her head while I was invisible. Eventually they ended up at the same tree where he started reading the story to her however the only difference from the anime this time is that I left a little note at the end of the story to Hiro.

As Hiro continued to read out loud he came to a portion of the story that was different than the rest, "'To Hiro and ZeroTwo,' huh? How did they know we were going to meet? 'This is your teachers, Shiro and Naomi.' Oh ok that makes sense after all its them. 'Your futures are going to be very difficult going forward. In the next few hours you likely will be caught, we will interfere the best we can without drawing attention and help you both at the same time. Hopefully you understand in the future but I will tell you one thing now. Papa and Ape are not what they seem, be careful. ZeroTwo we are only able to make it easier for you to find your Darling in the future and know who it truly is, make sure to find the warmth you so desperately seek. Hiro, take care of ZeroTwo for me please to me(Naomi) I am like the mother or big sister of ZeroTwo, and like I said earlier kiddo, don't die. Now once you finish this letter it will be burned into both of your memory and the letters physical form will cease to exist. Now, be careful THEY ARE COMING!' who is coming?"

The letter then burst into flames then the guards found them a few seconds later and their guns all were pointed at the duo. I silently told Shiro to go back to our Franxx and I would meet here there shortly after. I ran to the memory wipe room and waited for them to arrive, I quickly gave ZeroTwo the skills extra skills I had received, Photographic Memory, and Impenetrable Mind that way she would not forget. I then ordered her, as she a Klaxo-Sapien, was to act like her memory was wiped so the scientists wouldn't notice. She would keep her memories however since Shiro and I did not have another pair of spare skills we could not save Hiro's memories. At least not keep them after he gets his memory wiped, we could change the conditions to get them back however. I changed the conditions to get his memories back after he got them wiped so when he kisses ZeroTwo for the first time all of the memories would come flying back.

After finishing my work I ran to the classroom and wrote one final lesson on the board, it was essentially a treasure map to find the truth. Once the group completed the treasure map if Hiro was there he would regain all the memories of the things I said to him as well. The end of the map? In the classroom under all of the desks hidden so that only the people from my class could find it.  I finished hiding the clues all around the campus before running to Shiro and my Franxx to escape and head home. As we escaped the Garden alarms started blaring and they started firing at us with the turrets and we simply dodged.

"We are finally headed home after a year, I wonder how many drones and smaller spacecraft have been completed by the automated system?"

"I'm glad we are headed home, any longer and I would have started escaping with all the children. By the way why couldn't we just take those two with us and escape? I know you really wanted to the more time you spent with her."

"We talked about this before and agreed it would throw away our greatest advantages, the knowledge of the future and the time we desperately need. They will eventually come to our home town so we can meet up with them there, its not like the time from when the end finally happens and their time at the beach is that far apart. Anyways lets head home."

"Lets."

 

This series is posted on webnovel, and updates faster there, go check it out if you want to read ahead.

Discord here: https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa

10