Side Chapter 18- Velvet and Soleil
5.2k 7 180
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter takes place at one point in the months between the festival and the present.

 

[Velvet POV]

“Hey Velvet, what do you want to do today?”

 

“Not sure.  Do you have anything you want to do Soleil?”

 

“Want to go on a walk around the city?”

 

“Sure, it’s been a while since we’ve been on a date.”

 

“Hehe.”

 

We got up and started to make our way out of the temple.  Once we got outside, Soleil grabbed my hand.

 

“I’ve decided that we shall walk like this today.”

 

I smiled and agreed.  We then started our walk.  Since we wanted to enjoy ourselves, we went slowly so we could see the sights of the city.

 

“You know, since we teleport around with big sis and Ophidia so much, we hardly ever take the time to look around.  I mean, I never really noticed how pretty all of these temples were before.”

 

“I know what you mean Soleil.  I think I’m starting to get too used to moving around places with space magic.”

 

“Yeah.  Should we discuss this with bis sis later?”

 

“Probably, though it’ll only help if we actually remember to.”

 

“That’s true.”

 

We exited the temple district of the city and entered a small residential district.  We got a few stares from some people as we walked past them, but they didn’t bother us that much.  Soon after we made it to a more crowded shopping district.

 

“I wonder if they have anything interesting here.”

 

“No idea, all I know is that even if they don’t, it won’t matter since the time spent with you is what’s important.”

 

Soleil squeezed my hand tighter.  We then started to look around at the places that were around us.  We found a few things that were interesting.  Soleil found a pretty blue shawl that she said went well with me.  I found a nice necklace that paired well with Soleil.  Once we bought them, we gave each other what we bought and then laughed that we had the same idea.  After that we moved on to our walk again.  We ended up traveling down a street lined with stalls that sold all kinds of food.

 

“I think it was a bad idea to go this way.  All the different smells are driving me crazy.”

 

“Yeah, we didn’t really think this one through, did we?”

 

“Though I think I can tough if out for a bit since I’m now kind of hungry.”

 

 “Anything stand out to you Soleil?”

 

“Follow me.”

 

She led us through the crowds of people until we got to a stall that was selling what I think were pastries.  When stood in the line that was there and waited for a bit.  Once we got to the front, we figured out what we wanted and ordered.  After that, we made our way out of that area and found a small park.  We sat down on a bench to eat.

 

“This is really good.”

 

“I agree.”

 

“Want to try some of mine?”

 

“What kind did you get?”

 

“A fruity one.”

 

“Sure.”

 

I took a bite from Soleil’s pastry and was surprised by just how good it was with fruit.

 

“That’s good as well.  Try some of mine.”

 

I offered mine to Soleil and she took a bite.  Her face instantly lit up.

 

“It’s so sweet.  What kind is it?”

 

“Choco.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“We should tell Luna about this place, don’t you think?”

 

“Yeah, I’m sure big sis would like these as well.  What were they called again?”

 

“I think it was crepes.”

 

“Right.  How good do you think they would be if big sis made them?”

 

“They’d probably ruin normal sweets for us forever.”

 

“True.”

 

We finished our crepes and decided to sit there for a bit.  Soleil leaned her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.  She then let out a content sigh.

 

“We should do things like this more often.  I mean, I like going around with everyone, but sometimes I just want to spend a day with just the two of us.”

 

“I agree.  Being around Luna is fun and all, but I’d like to spend time alone with you as well.”

 

“Maybe the next time we have a long break, we can ask big sis or Ophidia to send us somewhere and leave us there for a week or something.”

 

“Oh, I like that idea, though it would be limited to the places they can teleport us to.”

 

“True.  What do you feel like, Savanna, Celestia, or Beria?”

 

“Hmmm.  If we ask Skadi, maybe she’ll let us stay on her island.”

 

“Oooh.  I like that idea.  On an island with no one there, just the two of us.”

 

“Indeed.”

 

We then sat in silence for a few minutes before Soleil moved her head.

 

“Shall we continue our walk?”

 

“Let’s.”

 

We stood up and continued our date for the rest of the day.

180