Chapter 173- A Refreshing Morning
6k 14 195
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

When I woke up the next day, the I felt so refreshed that it was like I was a new person.  I got up and stretched before getting ready for the day.

 

{How are you feeling Luna?}

 

“I’m feeling way better than I was yesterday.”

 

{Good.  Remember, we’re all here for you if you ever need to vent like that again.}

 

“I know.”

 

Once I was dressed, I left my room and headed to the kitchen.  I started making breakfast and made myself some coffee.

 

“Tamamo, would you like me to send you some coffee?”

 

{I would love some.}

 

I made her a cup and sent it off to her.

 

{As good as always.}

 

“Thanks, though I’m starting to run low now.”

 

{I can go and visit Java to get more.}

 

“Would you do that?”

 

{Of course, I can do it before the end of the day.}

 

“Thanks.  I’ll figure something out to pay for it if needed.”

 

{While I doubt he’ll ask for payment, I’ll let him know you said that.}

 

“Ok.”

 

As I was talking with Tamamo, Mio came into the kitchen.

 

“Morning nya.  Is that coffee I smell nya?” (Mio)

 

“It is, but I wouldn’t recommend it to you since it comes from the divine domain.” (Luna)

 

“Nya.  It’d probably keep me awake for too long then nya.  Do you have any normal coffee nya?” (Mio)

 

“I do.  How do you like it?” (Luna)

 

“Lots of milk nya.” (Mio)

 

“Got it.  Eat this while you wait.” I said as I slid a plate of food over to Mio.

 

“Thanks nya.” (Mio)

 

I started preparing Mio’s coffee as she started to eat.

 

“Nyaaaaaaaa.  Lunya, what are we going to do today?” (Mio)

 

“I don’t know.  I was waiting for everyone to wake up to discuss it.” (Luna)

 

“Alright nya.”  (Mio)

 

“Did you have something you wanted to do?” (Luna)

 

“Well, a few days ago, I heard that some famous traveling merchants were coming to Onigashima nya.  I wanted to see if they had anything interesting nya.” (Mio)

 

“That sounds interesting, did you hear anything else about them?” (Luna)

 

“I heard that they are people of the Fenn race and come from the desert that borders the Dwarf kingdom nya.” (Mio)

 

“The Fenn race?” (Luna)

 

{They are a cousin race of kitsune.}

 

“Oh, so fennec foxes?” (Luna)

 

{I’d need an image, Luna.}

 

I conjured an illusion of a fennec fox.

 

{Yes.}

 

“Then that can be an option for our plans.  We just need to see what the others think.” (Luna)

 

I finished making Mio’s coffee and passed it to her.  She took a sip and recoiled.

 

“Nya!” (Mio)

 

“Burn your tongue?” (Luna)

 

She nodded her head.

 

“Want me to cool it down for you?” (Luna)

 

She nodded her head again.  I moved my hand over her cup and used some ice magic to cool it down.  She then timidly took another sip and smiled.  I started patting her head since this whole situation was cute and Mio started purring.  Soleil then burst into the room.

 

“I knew it!” (Soleil)

 

“Good morning, Soleil.” (Luna)

 

“Big sis, she’s trying to take my place as the little sister, isn’t she!?” (Soleil)

 

“No, she’s not.” (Luna)

 

“I’m nyot nya.” (Mio)

 

“Fine, I’ll believe you for now.” (Soleil)

 

“Soleil, why’d you start running like that?” (Velvet)

 

“It was nothing Velvet, just a false alarm apparently.” (Soleil)

 

“What?” (Velvet)

 

“Fufufufufufufufu.” (Luna)

 

“Hello Luna, feeling better today?” (Velvet)

 

“Very much so.” (Luna)

 

I then slid over some food to them.

 

“So, even though Ophidia and Skadi aren’t here yet, what do you guys think about going to see if some traveling merchants showed up in Onigashima today?” (Luna)

 

“That sounds fine to me.” (Velvet)

 

“I don’t mind.” (Soleil)

 

We silently ate while we waited for the last two people to show up.  Several minutes later, a still sleepy looking Skadi entered the room.  She was dragging the plush I made her a while back with her and Ophidia was in her tiny snake form wrapped around her arm.

 

“Mmmmm.” (Skadi)

 

“Morning everyone.” (Ophidia)

 

Skadi sat down and immediately laid her head on the table.

 

“Seems like it’s not her morning.” (Luna)

 

“Isn’t she just adorable?  I can understand why you all like the half-asleep versions of your partners.” (Ophidia)

 

Ophidia then slithered off of Skadi’s arm and transformed into her human form.  She sat down next to Skadi and I slid her a plate.  I prepared Skadi some coffee and placed it in front of her.

 

“Mmm.” (Skadi)

 

She lazily picked her head up from the table, picked up the cup and drank.  Her eyes then shot open.

 

“That’s good.” (Skadi)

 

“Enjoy your stay in the sea of dreams?” (Luna)

 

“Hello Luna…wait, how did I end up in here?” (Skadi)

 

“Delayed reaction much.” (Velvet)

 

“Hehehe.  You came in here still half-asleep with Ophidia wrapped around your arm.” (Soleil)

 

“Hmm.” (Skadi)

 

She started nursing her coffee while she blushed a little in embarrassment.

 

“So, as we were discussing earlier, we were thinking of checking if some traveling merchants were in Onigashima yet, your thoughts?” (Luna)

 

“If everyone else agrees, then I see no reason to not.” (Ophidia)

 

“What about you Skadi?  Want to come with us, or do you have to be somewhere else?” (Luna)

 

“I’m done with the important things in Savanna, so would you mind if I traveled with all of you for a bit?” (Skadi)

 

“I’m fine with that, and I think Ophidia agrees.  Right?” (Luna)

 

“Indeed.  Skadi will stay with us.” (Ophidia)

 

“Good to have ya nya.” (Mio)

 

“Yep.” (Soleil)

 

“Welcome.” (Velvet)

 

“That’s that.” (Luna)

 

“Thanks.” (Skadi)

 

We all sat there and talked for a while when I noticed something.

 

“I just realized this, but with Skadi here, we now have four S-ranks in the party.” (Luna)

 

“That’s true.” (Velvet)

 

“Oh yeah, Soleil, how many more quests do you need before becoming A-rank?” (Luna)

 

“I can rank up at any time it think.” (Soleil)

 

“And you, Ophidia?” (Velvet)

 

“The same as Soleil.” (Ophidia)

 

“Why haven’t we done that yet?” (Luna)

 

“We’ve been so focused on dungeons that we just forgot.” (Soleil)

 

“Hahahahahahahaha.  How can you forget that?” (Skadi)

 

“Because we’ve literally gone from one dungeon to the next.” (Ophidia)

 

“Oh.” (Skadi)

 

Skadi then finished her third cup of coffee and stood up.

 

“I’m going to go and get ready.” (Skadi)

 

“I am as well.” (Ophidia)

 

They left the kitchen and the rest of us continued to chat.

 

Chaos Realm:
Hmm-hmmmmmm-hm-hmmmm.

Velvet: he seems happy.

Atmos: That's because he is.

Velvet: H-hello Goddess of Fate.

Atmos: Just call me Atmos.  You're Luna's Apostle so it's fine.

Velvet: But-

Atmos: No, those are for sitting, call me Atmos.

Velvet: Very well, A-Atmos.

Atmos: Good girl.

195