Chapter 221- At the Academy Once More
4.7k 13 174
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

When I went to the usual room, the rest of my party, Lia, Cres, and Dia were sitting around.

 

“Hey all.” (Luna)

 

“Oh, you’re up.  That’s good.” (Lia)

 

“Hey master.  I’m glad you’re alright.” (Ophidia)

 

“Yep nya.” (Mio)

 

“Indeed.  Oh, Luna, before we brought you back, a space spirit appeared and told me to tell you not to do what you did again until you ascend.” (Skadi)

 

“I was already going to not do it again.  I didn’t like what was left behind after I did it.” (Luna)

 

“What was left behind?” (Ophidia)

 

“Nothing.  And I mean absolute nothingness.” (Luna)

 

“I see.  So that’s the weird feeling I got.” (Ophidia)

 

As we were discussing this, Cres came up to me and attempted to bow.

 

[My Goddess, if I may make a selfish request?] (Cres)

 

I was momentarily taken aback by his changed attitude but snapped out of it quickly.

 

“Speak.” (Luna)

 

[May I see your fluff in its fluff fluffiness?  Since I last saw you, oh goddess mine, you only had two tails.  It would do this humble fluff spirit good to see your progress.] (Cres)

 

[I would like to request this as well, oh goddess mine.] (Dia)

 

Dia came to stand beside Cres and bowed similarly to him.  I decided to humor them, so I removed my necklace and all my tails appeared in their full, fluffy force.

 

[Oooohhhhh.  Amazing, my goddess.  Absolutely amazing.] (Cres)

 

[Indeed, my goddess.  An impressive sight.] (Dia)

 

“Oh please, I’m no where near the level I need or want to be at.  I’m still missing three after all.” (Luna)

 

[Your goal is 10?] (Cres)

 

“Yeah, ever since Tamamo got a tenth tail, I have made my second goal to get the same amount.  Coincidentally, I made progress on that the other day.  Now, unless something is different than what I know, I have at most seven more things to do to reach that point.” (Luna)

 

[Interesting.  Does that mean more of my kind will be brought into the world soon?] (Cres)

 

“No idea.” (Luna)

 

“Lunya.  You look good nya.  And I request to nap in your tails at some point please nya.” (Mio)

 

“You’ll have to wait in line for that.  So far, you are third.” (Luna)

 

“Who’s in the first and second spot nya?” (Mio)

 

“Tamamo and Atmos respectively.” (Luna)

 

{Oh, you remember that?}

 

‘Naturally.’ (Luna)

 

“But, you have seven nya.  Can’t we all get one nya?” (Mio)

 

“Oh, my sweet, naive Mio, think.  Would you like to nap in a single tail, or in a bed of ten?” (Luna)

 

“…A bed of ten nya.” (Mio)

 

“Not going to lie, that is a tempting thing to think about.” (Skadi)

 

“Indeed.” (Ophidia)

 

“…So fluffy.” (Lia)

 

[Goddess, thank you, but please put them away before my Lia gets drawn in too much.] (Dia)

 

I put my necklace back on and six of the seven tails disappeared.

 

[Thank you, goddess.] (Dia)

 

“No problem.” (Luna)

 

{Oh, Mio, do you have any plans for the day today?}

 

“Nyot really Goddess Tamamo nya.” (Mio)

 

{Then go and get ready and I’ll bring you here to see Fenrir.  She’s been eagerly waiting for the day you two get to spend together.}

 

“Then I must get ready immediately nya.” (Mio)

 

Mio dashed away from the room.

 

“…I’m not even going to ask.  Talking with all of you always leads to interesting, yet headache inducing things.” (Lia)

 

[Fufufu.  That’s what happens when you are around someone with a divine protection, Lia.  They always bring a small amount of chaos with them wherever they go.] (Dia)

 

{How would you know, spirit?  You are only recently born.}

 

[While I was going around my goddess’s island, a lunar spirit appeared and taught me many things.  That’s why I know as much as I do.] (Dia)

 

{Ah.  That makes sense, they were always a calm, knowledgeable bunch.  It would make sense if a few of them sought out a spirit attuned to the Authority of my wife to meet and teach them, space spirits excluded.}

 

[Yes.  The one that visited me was quite nice.] (Dia)

 

“So, what are you going to do today, master?” (Ophidia)

 

“I’m going to the Academy.  Tamamo reminded me of something Ibuki said and I’m going to try and see if I can find that person.  Plus I kind of want to visit Pneuma and the others as well.” (Luna)

 

“Then you’re lucky that the Academy is still off for the festival.  Otherwise you’d have to wait for a few days before going to visit anyone aside from Mimir.” (Lia)

 

“Indeed.  Also, is princess Selena still here, or has she already gone back to the Beast Kingdom?” (Luna)

 

“She should still be here for a week or so more.  After that, students from abroad will go back to their countries for the new year, so she and her sister will be leaving at the same time.” (Lia)

 

“Thanks for the info.  Since I want to go home myself for the new year, I might offer to teleport them back.” (Luna)

 

“Sounds nice, magic that lets you travel to wherever you’ve been to.” (Lia)

 

“It IS convenient.  Anyway, that’s what I’m doing today, what about you two?” (Luna)

 

“We’re going to the Academy as well.  My mother wants to talk with Ophidia some more.” (Skadi)

 

“Let me meet her as well some time.” (Luna)

 

“You will inevitably meet her someday, so just wait for that time.” (Skadi)

 

“Fair.” (Luna)

 

We chatted a little longer with Lia before she needed to go and finish something in the castle.  After she was gone, we left in the direction of the Academy.  When we got there, we separated.  Skadi and Ophidia immediately went to the shrine dedicated to Skadi’s mother and I went to see Mimir.  When I got to his office, he closed the book he was reading and gestured for me to sit.

 

“Good day to you, Lady Luna.  How can I be of service?” (Mimir)

 

“There are two things.  The first, I need to know about someone that should be attending here from Onigashima named Suzuka.  And second, I would like to know if Pneuma and the other people I met here before are free to see me today.” (Luna)

 

“Starting from the second one, they are free today and I can send a message to them saying that you wish to meet with them.  As for the first thing, may I ask the reason for looking for Suzuka?” (Mimir)

 

“Ibuki, her relative, asked about her at one point when I met her, so I thought I’d do something nice and check on this person for her.” (Luna)

 

“Ibuki?  That woman is still alive!?” (Mimir)

 

“Oh, was she famous?” (Luna)

 

“When the demons were a wilder bunch, she was a cruel leader of thousands.  I thought she was killed at some point since she fell into obscurity.” (Mimir)

 

“Huh.  She didn’t give off that feeling at all.  To me, she seemed like a somewhat overworked office worker.” (Luna)

 

“Guess you never know what you’ll learn if you live long enough.  Anyway, Suzuka should be around somewhere here, give me a little bit and I can tell you where the two of you can meet.  She’s a little eccentric as many young demons are, but then again, so are you, so you’ll get along with each other quite well.” (Mimir)

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment and leave it at that.  Anyway, should I come back here once that is done to get the message to Pneuma and the others?” (Luna)

 

“No need, I’ll let them know you’re here and to expect you at some point.  By the time you are done conversing with Suzuka, just head straight to the place you last met with them.” (Mimir)

 

“Thank you, Mimir.” (Luna)

 

“It’s nothing, Lady Luna.  If anything, I still owe you for dealing with that fungus monster.  As a spirit that has lived in this forest for thousands of years, but possesses little combat power, I am deeply grateful to you for ending it.” (Mimir)

 

“Hey, I got my seventh tails from that, so it worked out for me as well.” (Luna)

 

A few minutes passed in silence as Mimir had a far away look in his eyes.  When he became focused again, he told me where I could find Suzuka.

 

“Then I’ll let you get back to whatever you’re doing.” (Luna)

 

“See you again, Lady Luna.” (Mimir)

 

I left Mimir’s office and went to the place he told me I could meet with Suzuka.  The place I was told to go was a large open plaza built on several thick branches of the tree.  People were milling about talking, reading, and other things people do in academies.  I started walking around to try and find the person I was looking for with the description I was given.

 

{Oh, is that her?  Over there by that fountain.}

 

I looked in the direction Tamamo pointed out and saw a person matching the description Mimir gave me.  She was sitting on the edge of a fountain reading a book.  She had long orange hair, dull gold eyes, and two horns that reminded me of Tomoe’s.  I made my way over to her and then spoke.

 

“Excuse me, are you Suzuka?” (Luna)

 

“I am.” She said as she looked up from her book.  “…”

 

“Nice to meet you, my name is Luna.” (Luna)

 

“No fair.” (Suzuka)

 

“Hmm?” (Luna)

 

“No fair.  You look so damn cute.  How can someone like you exist?  It’s like you’re mocking every average girl that cares about their looks.” (Suzuka)

 

I was dumbfounded and had no idea how to reply.

 

{Ufufufufufufufu.  She’s right, you ARE absurdly cute.  And all of that cuteness is mine.}

 

“U-um, thank you?” (Luna)

 

“You’re welcome.  Now sit, you are going to tell me everything you do to look so good and you cannot leave until I’m satisfied.” (Suzuka)

 

I did as she said unconsciously.

 

“Now spill, give me all your secrets.” (Suzuka)

 

Chaos Realm:
Atmos: Wow.  Someone that managed to catch Luna in their rhythm instead of the other way around.

Indeed.

Order: That is a surprising development.

Tamamo: I think I like that Suzuka girl.  She understands Luna's cuteness.

Atmos: My dear Tamamo, you better watch out or she'll go after Luna.

Tamamo: Lies.  Luna is mine and only mine as I am hers and only hers.  I trust her to completely turn anyone but me down immediately.

And you're confidence is well founded.

Order: Atmos, that was going to be a joke in bad taste if you kept going.

Atmos: Yeah.  I don't know why I even tried that.  Maybe I just need to cause some mischief to get it out of my system before I do something I'll regret.

...

Order:...

Tamamo:...

All three of us: She's learning.

Atmos: OI!

174