Chapter 228- The Get Together
5k 19 177
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Tamamo POV]

The time until the new year went by quickly.  During that time, Luna and her friends relaxed around my shrine.  Today however, Luna was busy preparing everything for our get together tonight.  I was sitting on a seat in my place watching her when Atmos, Grey, and Fenrir came over.

 

{Hello you three.}

 

“Heya Tamamo.  Watching Luna like usual?” (Atmos)

 

{Yep.  She’s busy preparing for tonight.}

 

“She doesn’t have to do that much if all that’s happening is a small get together.” (Grey)

 

“Yeah.  And no offense, but I’m mostly just going to be with Mio so I probably won’t notice any preparation she made.” (Fenrir)

 

{I told her as much, but since her family will also be present, she insisted.}

 

“Oh, this will be fun then.  I can’t wait to watch Ana’s reaction to everyone.” (Atmos)

 

“Indeed.” (Grey)

 

{Hmm?  Atmos, Grey, you two seem cheerier than normal.}

 

“Yeah, we went on a few dates these past few weeks.” (Atmos)

 

{Good for you.}

 

Time passed as we chatted about random things until it was time.  Luna then set up a domain and all of us went there.

 

“Tamamo!” (Luna)

 

Luna ran up and hugged me.  I hugged her back.

 

“Fufu.” (Luna)

 

“Hey Luna, long time no see.” (Atmos)

 

“Hey Atmos, Grey, Fenrir.” (Luna)

 

“Hey.” (Grey)

 

“Evening.” (Fenrir)

 

“Fen nya!” (Mio)

 

“Mio!” (Fenrir)

 

Mio and Fenrir ran up and hugged each other in the same way me and Luna had.

 

{Ufufu.  How cute.}

 

“I agree.” (Luna)

 

“I also agree.  Fenrir is surprisingly cute.” (Atmos)

 

“Indeed, indeed.  Young Fenrir has finally dropped her tough façade.” (Crate)

 

“Hello old man Crate.  How’ve you been?” (Atmos)

 

“Quite good.  That otherworlder alchemist is quite the fun one to watch.” (Crate)

 

“Oh yeah, he should be on his way here.” (Grey)

 

“That’s good to know.  I can finally start working on my flying ships then.” (Luna)

 

“Oh.  I might turn my attention to those when you start making them, Little Luna.  They sound interesting.  By the way, take this and drink it later tonight.” (Crate)

 

Crate handed Luna a bottle of silver liquid.

 

“What is it?” (Luna)

 

“Drinking that will disable your status effect immunity for 12 hours.” (Crate)

 

“Oh, sounds like I’m having some extra fun tonight then.” (Luna)

 

{Me too.}

 

“Just don’t get too out of hand, I like the two of you and don’t want to have to discipline you with some time magic.” (Gear)

 

{Yes, Gear, we’ll try.}

 

“Hmm.” (Gear)

 

“So, all we’re missing is Quetz then?” (Luna)

 

“Yep.  She’ll be a bit late though since she is still making the sun set over here.” (Atmos)

 

“Now that I think of it, do you do the same thing, Tamamo?” (Luna)

 

{Yes, but my job is a lot easier than Quetz’s in that regard.  The moon doesn’t produce heat after all.}

 

“Makes sense.” (Luna)

 

“Come to think of it, where are all of your people, Luna?  Mio is over there flirting with Fenrir already, but what about the others?” (Grey)

 

“They’ll be here shortly.  I told them it wasn’t necessary, but they insisted on getting at least a little dressed up for the event.” (Luna)

 

“Ah.” (Grey)

 

Just then, a small opening appeared in Luna’s domain and several people entered.  The first to come in was Deacon and Amagi with an extremely nervous Ana behind them.  After that was Velvet, Soleil, Skadi, and Ophidia.  Last to enter was Luna’s old friend Blake.  Once they were all inside, the domain closed behind them.  The second Ana’s eyes landed on all of us, she nearly fainted but Blake managed to catch her in time.

 

“*Sigh*  Why is she so nervous?” (Luna)

 

“That is supposed to be the normal reaction, Luna.  You and the rest of your family are just weird.” (Grey)

 

“I can’t deny that.” (Luna)

 

“Pfft.” (Atmos)

 

“Atmos, calm down.  The night is still to early for you to get all Atmos-like.” (Grey)

 

“Why is my name becoming more and more a description?” (Atmos)

 

{Because it is the best way to describe your behavior.}

 

“Luna, bust out the alcohol.” (Atmos)

 

“Not yet.  We need to eat first.” (Luna)

 

“Oh, is it your cooking?” (Atmos)

 

“Naturally.” (Luna)

 

“Then off I go to food.  Grey, come on, let’s go and greet the others as is polite in this situation, then eat.” (Atmos)

 

“Tamamo, is Atmos already drunk?  She’s being reasonable tonight.” (Gear)

 

{She isn’t, she has, however, been on several dates with Grey recently, so she is a lot calmer than normal.}

 

“Ah.  Good.” (Gear)

 

“Loosen up, Gear.  This is a party, no need to be all stiff and formal.  Let us go and greet the new Apostles and eat as well.  I have heard many things about Little Luna’s food, so we should get some before Young Atmos eats it all.” (Crate)

 

“Hmm.  Let us go then.” (Gear)

 

“Gear seems more talkative than the last time I saw him.” (Luna)

 

{I agree.  We must have gotten him while he is having a good day.}

 

“Well then, let me drink this thing Crate gave me and we can head over there as well.” (Luna)

 

Luna uncorked the bottle that Crate had given her and drank the contents in one gulp.  She then got a strange look on her face.

 

“Hmm.  Citrusy like oranges, or maybe…satsumas?” (Luna)

 

After Luna finished debating with herself about what that potion tasted like, we headed over to the group.

 

{Hello everyone.}

 

“Goddess Tamamo.  It’s lovely to see you again so soon.” (Amagi)

 

“I agree.” (Deacon)

 

“Hey Blake, Ana.” (Luna)

 

“Hey.” (Blake)

 

“Heh.  S-so many gods.  Heheh.” (Ana)

 

“Is she going to be alright?” (Luna)

 

“Yeah, just give her some time and enough to drink.” (Blake)

 

“Got it.” (Luna)

 

“Luna, you weren’t kidding when you said a lot of big names were coming.” (Skadi)

 

“Why would I lie about that?” (Luna)

 

“You wouldn’t, I just wanted to say what everyone on this side was thinking.” (Skadi)

 

“Ah.” (Luna)

 

{Evening you two.}

 

““Goddess Tamamo.””

 

We greeted the rest of the people that were here and then everyone went and got some food.  Luna got a kick out of seeing everyone’s reactions when they took their first bite.  Gear was so impressed that he ate more than Atmos did.  After a while, Quetz showed up and joined in which cased Ana to almost faint again.  Seeing that, Luna decided to bring out the drinks.  She went over to a table she set up with ice magic and pulled several different alcohols and an assortment of other beverages.

 

Deacon and Atmos were the first two to the table.

 

“Luna, when did you stock up on such a variety of drinks?  I mean, you have everything here, from mead, to wine, even dwarven whisky.” (Deacon)

 

“I pick things up here and there.  Never know when I’ll find and befriend a dragon or dwarf.” (Luna)

 

“Hohohoho.  Dragons are heavy drinkers after all, so that is a good idea, Little Luna.” (Crate)

 

“Hey Luna, you got that stuff from last year still?” (Atmos)

 

“I do, but I don’t want to take it out since it’ll hit everyone here with the fumes alone.” (Luna)

 

“Bah.  You’re no fun.” (Atmos)

 

“Oh, fine then, but you can only open it far away from the rest of us.  I will not tolerate being called no fun though.” (Luna)

 

“Woo!” (Atmos)

 

{Grey, keep her company so she doesn’t get too out of hand.}

 

“That was the plan from the start.” (Grey)

 

“Blake, get me the strongest stuff you can.  I don’t want to stay sober tonight.” (Ana)

 

“Already on it.” (Blake)

 

Once everyone that wanted one had a glass, we raised them to the sky.

 

“To the new year.” (Luna)

 

“To the new year.” (Everyone)

 

The night continued.  As everyone got progressively more inebriated, they spread out into groups and talked.  It was fun watching who went where.  Ana, surprisingly, went to the group of Atmos, Crate, and Quetz.

 

“H~ey Tamamo.  Shtop paying attention to them.  Looook only at me.” (Luna)

 

A really drunk Luna was hugging my arm tightly to her chest.  When I looked at her, she started to smile brightly.

 

“Ehehehe, better.” (Luna)

 

She then started to rub her cheek against my arm in an affectionate manner.

 

“Fufufufufufufufu.” (Luna)

 

“Hey Tamamo, Luna.” (Atmos)

 

“Shoo.” (Luna)

 

Luna teleported Atmos away from us before she got close.  A few seconds later, Atmos crashed into the ground from up above.

 

“Ouch!” (Atmos)

 

“Mine.” (Luna)

 

{Ufufufu.  Feeling quite possessive are we Luna?}

 

“Hmph.  No prankshter goddessh will take you away from me.  I want alllll of your attention sholely for myself.” (Luna)

 

{Ufufu.  I understand.}

 

I went over to a bench that was nearby and sat down.  Luna immediately placed her head in my lap and stared into my eyes.  She smiled for a bit before frowning.

 

“Missing.” (Luna)

 

{Hmm?}

 

“Shomething is missing.” (Luna)

 

Luna scrunched her face in thought before it lit up.  She then pointed to the sky and it exploded with small lights.

 

“Better.” (Luna)

 

I smiled at her antics and started petting her head.  She started to purr and her tails wrapped around mine.  She closed her eyes in enjoyment and several minutes later, she was asleep.

 

{Ufufufu.  My adorable Luna, thank you for the fun night.}

 

I leaned forward and kissed her forehead.  Even though she was asleep, she smiled a small smile.  For the rest of the get together, the two of us sat on that bench, me patting Luna’s head and running my hand through her hair as she slept.

 

Chaos Realm:
I'm glad they had fun.

Order: Me too.

...

Order:...

Hey Order, want something to drink as well?

Order: Why not?  What do you have?

Everything.

Order: Then surprise me with something.

Alright.

*I pour the two of us some alcohol*

*I move my arm around Order as I sit next to her and she leans her head on me*

Order: Quiet times like this are also good.

I agree.

177