Chapter 256- Arrival at the Port City
4.8k 34 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

After an extremely fun night with Tamamo where some of our frustrations were relieved, I got ready for the day.  I teleported back home to take a quick bath before going back to the domain on the ship.

 

“Did the ship move at all when I was gone?”

 

{No, I made sure it didn’t.}

 

“Thanks.”

 

{No, thank you.  While I’m a bit sad we could only go for so long, it was enough to satisfy me for a bit.  I think I can hold off from teasing you for a few days now.}

 

“Oh Tamamo, what am I ever going to do about you?”

 

{Love me for all eternity.}

 

“That’s just a fact of life.  I meant what am I going to do about other things.  The more time we spend doing it here, the longer it will take me to ascend.  That means it’ll take even more time before we can just forget about time for bit and have all the fun we want.  Do you really want to do that?”

 

{…Fine.  But we’re still spending a few weeks together once you get your eighth tail.  I’ll even wrap myself in ribbons and call myself your reward for reaching that point.}

 

“While I like the sound of that, that kind of gift would be better for something like my birthday than just getting my eighth tail.”

 

{That’s a lot sooner than a new tail, so I guess I’ll go and buy some high-quality ribbon.}

 

I hugged and kissed Tamamo as soon as she stood up.  Once I released her, she smiled at me and vanished from my domain.  I then dissolved it and left the captain’s cabin.  I took in a deep breath and then canceled the space barrier that was around the ship.  I then got to work making illusions and getting the ship ready to move again.  Right when the ship started to move, Skadi and Soleil came up top.

 

“Hey big sis.” (Soleil)

 

“Morning.” (Skadi)

 

“Morning.  How was sleeping in the sky?” (Luna)

 

“It was a bit weird falling asleep in a hammock, but not too bad.” (Soleil)

 

“If you’ve slept in a ship before, it’s the same every time.  Only difference was the lack of rocking.” (Skadi)

 

“What about you?” (Soleil)

 

“I had more important things to do than sleep.  But it was refreshing all the same.” (Luna)

 

{I agree, you are more important than sleep.}

 

Skadi then walked up next to me and took hold of the wheel.

 

“I’m steering today.” (Skadi)

 

“Alright.  Let me know if you want to switch at any point.” (Luna)

 

“Mm.” (Skadi)

 

Me and Soleil moved over to one of the sides of the ship and looked down.

 

“Everything looks so tiny.  It makes me think.” (Soleil)

 

“Think about what?” (Luna)

 

“Just how small we actually are.  I mean think about it, when we’re on the ground, we think things like houses and villages and cities are big, but from up here, they are so small.  The world around those places is so much bigger.” (Soleil)

 

“I’ve known you for most of my life here, Soleil, but I never took you for the philosophical sort.” (Luna)

 

“I’m not, but that’s the thought that pops into my head when I look down from up here.” (Soleil)

 

“Have I ever told you about planets?  If you really want to feel small, I can tell you what I know about them, but don’t expect super complicated stuff.” (Luna)

 

“Maybe some other time.” (Soleil)

 

“Alright.” (Luna)

 

We stood there looking out over the world below us and the sky above us.  Every so often, one of the manta ray things would jump out of the clouds and catch something.

 

“How’s Velvet?” (Luna)

 

“She’s back to normal.  I guess talking about her dad is a bit of a taboo.” (Soleil)

 

“She’ll talk about him eventually.  I do have some ideas as to why she would react like that when he was brought up, so if he is alive and we end up meeting him somewhere, go easy on him.  Or better yet, let Velvet handle him.  And then you can knock some sense into him once Velvet finishes.” (Luna)

 

“I’ll do that.  The only way that I wouldn’t would be because Velvet stops me.” (Soleil)

 

“Good girl.” (Luna)

 

Another manta ray thing jumped out of the clouds.  It was a bit different from the usual ones we saw as it was about 10 times the size.

 

“Wwwwwoooooaaaaahhhhh.” (Soleil)

 

“Very impressive.  I wonder what it tastes like?” (Luna)

 

“Are you hungry, big sis?” (Soleil)

 

“Very.” (Luna)

 

“Then let’s go make something.  The ship’s kitchen is actually pretty nice.” (Soleil)

 

I nodded my head at her words, and we went to make something to eat.  After that, we spent the rest of the day looking out at the sky or playing chess with everyone.  I was even able to almost beat Ophidia once.  By evening we could see the port city coming into view.  I walked up to Skadi and took over the steering of the ship.

 

“Luna, do you have a Beast Kingdom flag?” (Skadi)

 

“I do.  Why?” (Luna)

 

“If you are going to land in the sea then sail to the port here, you should have a flag of the kingdom flying.  If you don’t there’s a chance we’ll be seen as pirates.” (Skadi)

 

I took the flag out of my inventory and Skadi went to fly it.  After she was done with that, I hid the ship with illusion magic and flew past the city.  I brought us down in the water before turning the ship around and then started sailing to the port.  I slowly made the illusion disappear as we neared port.  Once we got close, some of the dock workers assisted in the docking.  When we all got off the ship, we got several strange looks from a few people since there were only six of us leaving the ship.  Then when I placed it in my inventory, the looks turned to shock.  I ignored all of this and turned to Mio.

 

“Mio, do you want to go see your parents right now, or should we find an inn first?” (Luna)

 

“Let’s go meet them first nya.” (Mio)

 

With that decided, Mio led the way to where she remembered her parents lived.  After navigating the maze-like port, we made it into the city proper.  Most of the buildings were a whitish color with blue accents and built close together.  As we walked, the ones that haven’t been here before were impressed by how nice it was.  After about 20 minutes of walking, we came to the door of a building that had a lot vines and potted plants sitting around.  Mio knocked on the door and several minutes later a cat person opened the door.  She was the same height as Mio and shared the same white hair color, though hers went all the way down to her legs unlike Mio, whose went to her lower back and deep blue eyes.

 

“Well, well, well nya, look who decided to come home for once nya.  And you even brought friends nya.” (Cleo)

 

“Hey mom nya.” (Mio)

 

“Well, don’t just stand there nya, come in nya.” (Cleo)

 

Miss Cleo moved and let us all inside.  The room we were now in had a lot more plants placed everywhere.  Some were hanging on some kind of net and the whole place smelled like flowers and medicine.  We were then ushered further inside and then sat around a large table.

 

“Sorry for the mess nya, I was finishing up some last-minute medicine nya.” Miss Cleo said as she moved several mortar and pestles off the table and over to a counter.  She then sat at the head of the table and looked at each of us before nodding.  “Mio nya, good job making so many friends nya.”

 

Mio puffed out her chest in pride before she started speaking.

 

“Nyot just friends nya, Lunya here is my eternal friend nya.” (Mio)

 

“Oh nya.  How surprising nya.” Miss Cleo then turned her gaze to me.  “Welcome to the family nya.”

 

“Thank you.  I am Luna, it’s nice to meet you, Miss Cleo.” (Luna)

 

“Drop the miss nya.” (Cleo)

 

“But-” (Luna)

 

“Drop the miss nya." (Cleo)

 

“A-” (Luna)

 

“Drop the miss nya." (Cleo)

 

“Alright.” (Luna)

 

“Good nya.” (Cleo)

 

The others started to introduce themselves as well when we heard the door open again.  Another person then entered the room we were all in.  He was tall and very macho.  He had amber eyes and short blond hair.  The resemblance to that one character was so uncanny that I instinctively used my spirit sight and saw a tall spirit that was just as macho as the man was floating behind him.  From the looks of it, the spirit was a sea spirit and I’m sure there was a story behind why it was following him around, but that could be brought up at a later point in time.

 

“Ho ho, Mio, you’ve returned nya.” (Dio)

 

“Hey dad, meet my friends nya.” (Mio)

 

“Well met, friends of Mio, I am Dio nya.” (Dio)

 

We all introduced ourselves one again after Dio sat down next to Cleo.

 

“Um nya, there is also one more matter I need to announce nya.” (Mio)

 

Mio’s seriousness caused her parents’ faces to turn serious as well.

 

“I kind of got a girlfriend nya and am planning on marrying her at some point nya.” (Mio)

 

“Who nya?” (Dio)

 

“Um nya, that will take a lot of explaining nya.” (Mio)

 

“Then we will listen to that later nya, but at least tell us this nya, are you happy with her nya?” (Cleo)

 

“Extremely nya.” (Mio)

 

“Then we give you our blessing nya.” (Cleo)

 

“We still want to meet her though nya.  That is nonnegotiable nya.” (Dio)

 

“That was the plan nya.  Lunya will help out with that tomorrow nya.” (Mio)

 

“Yes, I will help set up a proper meeting place.  Though some advice before tomorrow, don’t be too surprised about who you will be meeting as much as possible.” (Luna)

 

“That warning is slightly troubling nya.” (Dio)

 

“Not really, you’ll be fine.” (Luna)

 

“Nya.” (Dio)

 

“Aside from that nya, tell us about some of your adventures nya.  How’d you all meet Mio and what have you all done since meeting her nya.” (Cleo)

 

With the prompting of Cleo, the subject changed and we spent a long time telling stories of our adventures.  Every time something he considered shocking happened, Dio made a wryyy sound to which I struggled to keep from laughing.  Overall they were laid back just like Mio said and we all had a lot of fun chatting the night away with them.

 

Chaos Realm:
Fenrir: Ok, I'm ready.  See you guys again.

*Fenrir opens a portal to Tamamo's place and walks into it*

Atmos, are you and Grey ready as well?

Atmos: I am.

Grey: I am as well.  Also, thanks for doing this.  And may I ask a favor?

Depends on what it is, though I think I already know.

Grey: Am I allowed to have them stay over in this world permanently?

Don't get your hopes up, but I'll see what I can do.  I won't force them to, and you won't either.  

Grey: I just want them to have the choice.

If they do choose to stay, I'll have you owe me a favor since it would technically be against the rules since it's different from summoning otherworlders normally.

Grey: Fine by me.

Order, are you done with your part?

Order: Yes.  All that's left now is your part.

Then let's get this done.

150