Chapter 29 – Giggling Girls
429 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Master is working hard." Ivadra said and watched as her sister stood up from the patio outside the door.

"Yes. I can sense that as well. Massive amounts of elemental essence. She doesn't seem to have a realm though. I can't determine if she is a core realm cultivator, or higher." Alara said quietly, and sat down beside her sister.

"How did we lose so much history over the last few centuries? We didn't know there were death elements, and everyone else seems to be just starting out, or Foundation realm, and think they are powerful." Ivadra leaned against her sister and sighed. "Conspiracy?"

"Maybe, but the other local countries suffer from the same overall weakness. Although lately, I do feel that the elements are richer, and thicker. I didn't know they could leave and come back." Alara sighed, and laid down so she could lay her head on her sister's lap.

"Hey! I was leaning against you!" Ivadra pouted, while Alara smiled gently. Soon, she combed her fingers through Alara's hair and smiled down at her.

"Do you remember what Master said? About us being two sides of the same coin?" Alara asked lazily.

"Yeah. We are different, but the same too. I don't feel right if you're not around."

"I know what you mean, Ivadra. Hm? Why do I sense something so odd?" Alara sat up.

"It's a dark element user. It probably feels odd because they aren't as pure as I am." Ivadra closed her eyes. "I've never sensed their presence before either." She pursed her lips.

"Thinking about telling Master?" Alara looked into her sister's eyes and could see her reluctance. "You think she could take your place?" Ivadra blushed, but immediately felt Aila's gentle presence within her mind. Once again, it always felt unintentional, and instinctive.

'Poor Ivadra. I wonder if she'll ever trust me.' She heard the sigh. 'Not that I blame her. I'm new to her. I wonder what caused her to feel this...what's this?' The interest of their Master focused more sharply as she brushed through her mind.

'Ivadra. Is there something you wish to tell me?' This time, it was more pointed, and angry.

'I didn't want her to know, Master.' She sighed mentally, and could see the confusion on her sister's face.

'Come home. Now. Underground Black is tainted.' Aila's tone brooked no argument, as she had already told them that if she felt they were in danger, she would bring them to the manor. Ivadra sniffed.

'I know, Master. I'll bring my sister right away.'

 

* * *

 

"What's going on?" The commander of the Black Guards said as both the Seer, and the Black One started to pack their clothes. They took nothing else.

"You ask this question when I read the rules of Underground Black in the Lich's chamber?" She asked. The commander colored, and didn't try to hide it, but when faced with the overwhelming power of the Black One, he also felt a lot of fear. The rules she spoke about were not good things.

"It...was something...required by the ancestors." He said quietly, and with a stutter. Ivadra's dark elements had begun to thicken, and radiate outward.

"I suggest you leave the room, and clear the guards away. Our Master is on her way, and if she feels any intent at all...." Alara said in the strongest tone he's ever heard from her. The commander paled.

"And what of Underground Black?" he asked.

"It was built upon a lie." Ivadra snarled. The dark elements began to gather much faster, and his strength was sucked away. This was one of the most dangerous parts of a dark element user. Dark elements could overwhelm cultivators, and erode their strength, their morale, and any positive traits that kept a man at his post. If enough of it gathered, it could lead to a dampening of one's life force. It was the simplest and most basic form of death element, so it wouldn't directly kill, unless the user had that intent. Death element would overwhelm and kill on contact. Because Ivadra had a dark elemental affinity, she could survive a long time while exposed to the death element, but the price was high.

"When I would have died of the death element, you would have raped my sister! Made her pregnant so she could bare the next generation of Seer and Black One!" He started to back away, but didn't dare to reach for his sword.

Not only was her physical strength at the level of a peak Core realm cultivator, and at the brink of a breakthrough, her Master had already arrived. The ground began to tremble.

"Since the Master destroyed the lich, that future is gone." He said firmly.

"But you didn't tell us!" Alara said angrily. "That is a crime in our Master's eyes!"

"Sister, it's time. Master is here." She sighed sadly. "It's time to go home."

 

* * *

 

"Black Guards." Aila stood outside the gate, and didn't destroy it like she wanted. The gate swung open, and all the guards knelt down inside.

"We had no idea, Master!" They all said.  It surprised her a bit, as they only called the Black One and the Seer their masters.

"Alara?" Aila asked.

"Truth, from most of them. Only two knew. The commander, and the vice commander." Alara said angrily. "They would have waited until my sister died! They knew she would die, and would have let it happen!" Ivadra patted her sister's hair gently.

"She's correct, Master, not all did that." Ivadra said quietly.

"What is your request?" Aila asked, and probed a bit deeper into Ivadra's mind. She managed to keep her face clear, but it was difficult.  The strength of the mental probe of her intentions almost buckled her knees.

"The storm is coming, and I've watched many of these men grow up. Alara has also performed the marriage ceremony for the couples, and blessed the children. It will be difficult to just 'toss out the baby with the bathwater'." Ivadra said, and smiled a bit.

'Naughty. Using my own words against me.' Aila let out a deep breath.

"What are the rules of Underground Black?" Ivadra frowned slightly at Aila's words. "When one of the Black Guards withholds information that will lead to the death of the Black One, and willfully plans to harm the Seer, what are the rules?" The Black Guards stood up immediately and pulled their swords.

"The rules are clear!" The Guards said, and the two who were guilty paled. They knew the rules intimately.

It was a death sentence, as it was considered treason.

 

* * *

 

"Rape my Seer." Aila growled as she carried the luggage for the two as they walked through the forest. The three were flanked by stone bears, and followed by a large river python, so the Black Guards didn't dare approach.

"Traditions." Ivadra said angrily. "Ones designed to replace us when we died young due to the rampant death elements. And even that information was denied to us! Death elements! We had no idea it even existed! No wonder this area gets weaker and weaker! They hide the most important details, what it is that I'm absorbing, and it becomes lost knowledge!"

"It wasn't even necessary." Alara said, which made her sister frown.

"What do you mean, Alara?" She asked. Aila smiled.

"She means that both of you are the same being." Aila said softly. Within their minds, she opened up the connection all three had between them, and flooded them with their elements.

'While together, two bodies, two halves, one complete soul. Split at birth, opposite sides of the same coin. As the silent rules of this world have shown, you and your sister will become pregnant naturally, at the right time.' Aila said within their minds.

'Master, you know what's happening?' Alara asked. 'You know why it feels like my sister could be pregnant at any time?'

'Of course. Like lost lovers, the two distant shores have watched and long desired to meet. As your connection grows stronger, and you continue to stay together, the two halves merge. During the merging, there is an exchange. A little light is left inside Ivadra, and a little dark is left inside Alara.' They both felt the warmth of Aila's smile inside their minds.

'You both will bounce many daughters upon your knees in the future. Ah, babies! I'm so excited!' Their Master's warmth enveloped their minds, and weakened their knees.

An image began to form. A large ornate temple that felt comfortable to approach.  Little giggling girls in black or white dresses running around between the many benches.  The two of them, swollen with child, taking care of the temple of their god. This was their dream, not Aila's.

However, she could see it, and it made her smile.

 

20