Diving Into a Whirlpool
59 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Change in Winds. Share your views in Reviews.

You can read next 3 chapters of Change in Winds now and join the Discord Server I made through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page. You gain access to the server through tipping as well.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

A special thanks to my Beta, Theseus-Theo for his help.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Bijuu/Summons" Bijuu or Summons Speaking.

'Bijuu/Summons' Bijuu or Summons thinking.

"Jutsu" is being used.

Enjoy.

Change in Winds

Chapter 3

Diving Into a Whirlpool

Next Morning

It was early in the morning and Naruto was at the seashore. With a few hands signs and a drop of his blood, 3 clones puffed around him.

Naruto brought the Blood Clones he sealed in his scroll here as spare. They all have 10th of his chakra and a couple of chakra absorption seals if needed. They stood calmly, waiting for the original to speak.

"One of you stay with the team and does as Kakashi says. One of you practise all the Jutsu we copied yesterday from Zabuza and the last one is going to investigate Gato and his activities.

If he plans something that may endanger the team, finish him off and don't forget to take all his assets and transfer them to our International Bank account. Is that clear?" He asked as got a collective 'Hai'.

He did many things in addition to just train in the month-long absence from his team. After gambling, he understood how easily he can earn money with his legendary luck.

So Naruto went to an international bank in the same town and opened a bank account there in addition to his current account in Konoha bank.

International banks have a special privilege of sorts compared to the local banks in each Shinobi Village. According to some agreement said to have done at the time of the Shodai, International Banks are given immunity to Shinobi War as essentials are necessary for every Nation.

This allows trade and other merchant activities to go through smoothly even if a Shinobi War is going on and the fact this promise wasn't breached by any Elemetal Nation during the 3 Shinobi Wars shows how well the agreement worked.

"Good, now go. I'm going to our ancestral land," the original said and all the clones' eyes widened at that but nodded. They all dispersed to their job.

Naruto took out a map of the elemental nations and saw Uzushio to the north of Nami. This map is an old one and he found it in the Uzumaki Estate. He performed a few hand signs.

"Fuuton: Tobu(Wind Style: Jump)," said Naruto. Flying always allured him when he saw birds in his childhood. So he vowed to create a cool Jutsu to fly one day.

To reach that goal, Naruto tried many types to fly. But he can't figure out how to use the wind to that level yet and how to be immune to the change in wind pressure when he goes up.

So he settled for a better alternative for now. With Wind Chakra at the end of his feet, he can jump high into air, so he started using this in conjunction with his Surface sticking exercises like tree walking and water walking and created a semi-flying jutsu.

He would kick earth hard and shoot up into the air and with subtle wind manipulation, pushes himself into the direction he wants to go and the result came in his favour.

Next, he tested how far he can be pushed and on his landing. The first time he landed, the place he landed broke because of the wind at his feet and he was half-buried in the ground.

After achieving landing perfectly as well, Naruto practised a few more times and is now confident in using Jumps to go to Uzushio from Nami with a burst of wind, Naruto shot to the north where Uzushio is located.

Scene Break

It took Naruto 4 hours to reach Uzushio. But what he saw wrenched his heart. Everything was destroyed, leaving only pillars of stone. There are also faded marks of blood and piles and piles of weapons around. Naruto activated his Sharingan to see any chakra trace in the area.

He knew it would impossible for anything to stand this type of destruction, but against all odds, he tried. He can't see any bodies around though.

But to his amazement, there are still tracks of chakra flow with so many hidden mechanisms in the village running underground. When looked down at the city structure, he saw a massive labyrinth of chakra activity underground.

Naruto couldn't understand how the attackers didn't find out about this, but also he doubted the possibility as his Clan proved their intelligence to him with their letter and message in Uzumaki Estate.

Hidden by destroyed rocks and rubble, there is a hidden small city underground. But before going in, Naruto looked around for any other places where chakra is active. He found a large building in the form of a shrine and made his way there first.

It is a large ruined building with most of its structure broken with grass and fungi partying, but the first floor is intact and Naruto entered in without any problem. There were skeletons of dead people surrounding the entrance as if guarding it and he can see a thin layer of chakra from it.

Cautiously, Naruto went in and saw a figure on the main wall of the building. He didn't pay it much mind as a large spiral was engraved in the pillars and ceiling of the building.

From what he knew about his clan, every spiral they draw has something hidden in it and Naruto knew this spiral will be special as well.

Naruto saw a large scroll sitting on a cushion with golden endings and red colour carvings with various colours going in the middle in the centre of the room.

To Naruto, it reminded the Forbidden Scroll of seals. Curious what it was about, Naruto moved closer to inspect. His Sharingan showed him something.

The scroll is protected by a large sealing matrix and Naruto observed various kanji in it. Blood, Uzumaki, Death, Chakra Absorption, Electrification seals etc. They have so many hidden mechanisms that can kill if the party touching doesn't have 'Uzumaki Blood' if he understood it correctly.

The scroll can only be opened by an Uzumaki with their blood. If anyone tries to open it, they may suffer chakra exhaustion, chakra poisoning, death in case of people with average or below average chakra reserves and in some cases chakra sealing.

Naruto knew he has Uzumaki blood as the Uzumaki Estate proved as it asked for his blood at every step when he first went there. So with confidence, he cut his finger with a kunai.

As Naruto spread his blood across the scroll, there was a loud clicking sound and his blood vanished and his wound healed instantly. He sighed in relief. As he didn't die of anything.

His self musings were stopped as the scroll started to emit steam and a small sheet landed in Naruto's hands. There are 2 scrolls. A small one beside a large one.

Naruto took the small one and opened it and with a bit of his chakra, a hologram or something like that of an old man started playing.

He is a wise-looking old man wearing blue battle armour with grey hair and violet eyes looking at Naruto in pride with his hands clasped.

'Dear Descendants,

My name is Ashura Uzumaki. I'm the current head of the Uzumaki Clan and leader of Uzushiogakure. I hope you met our Prince and the following should only be read by him.'

There was another matrix, Naruto silently dropped another blood drop and letters started forming.

'My dear Prince, I hope you are safe and doing well. I left this scroll here instead of transporting it to the Uzumaki Estate in Konoha because I want you to visit your homeland.

I know you were aware of the Uzumaki Prince story. We were being attacked by Kiri, Iwa and Kumo. Even though our clan didn't enter into Shinobi wars and actively participate in any other conflicts, we are the first shinobi village to exist.

Uzushiogakure is the first Shinobi Village and we are a warrior clan as well. We loved peace and our family. Our clan values those most. Peace and Family. We didn't do any of the backhanded tricks that all the Shinobi villages do to each other.

We are here loving our family and minding our business, but were massacred because of our Fuuinjutsu prowess. I don't want you to take revenge or anything. They have suffered enough for their insolence in our Noble clansmen.

I want you to be careful, my dear Prince. I'm sure we were able to kill most of the attacking forces. We sent our young children away as they are the future of our village and clan.

My dear Prince, as your Grandfather and the current clan head, I bestow you the Uzumaki clan Knowledge. Everything from Fuuinjutsu to Juinjutsu and all the forbidden and secret techniques we created are there in this scroll.

I entrust you with the future of the Uzumaki clan and hereby name you The Clan Head and Guardian of the Uzushiogakure. Honour our memory and live a long and happy life. There is a ritual that is going to take place as soon as this is done.

Don't worry, it is not dangerous. It is in place to completely transfer the charge to you. I know you didn't have a good childhood, my dear Mago( Grandson), but I am glad you are safe.

The ritual will also get rid of any growth stunt you have due to factors that could be avoided. It will make your body stronger and will give you full access to our Clan's Kekkei Genkai. Take care of yourself, Mago.

Remember the world is not all black and white and we are Shinobi. Our clan is a great reminder of that. If you want peace, you should be ready to fight for it.

We thought we could escape the conflicts and wars if we stayed away from them and not participated, we were proven wrong when 3 of the 5 Shinobi Nations attacked us.

Become strong and bring the peace our clan died for. We will always be with you in memory.

P.S- The scroll has a picture of our family, it's the only thing I could salvage.

With Love,

Ojichan,

Ashura Uzumaki.'

Naruto felt tears coming from his eyes and saw the Uzumaki symbol beneath him glow a brighter red, his mind went blank after that as the ritual went on.

Meanwhile

With Blood Clones

While the original was on his way to Uzushio, the Blood Clones fell into their job and did their part perfectly. First they assigned duties.

The first blood clone will go to Team 7 while the second one went to practise the Jutsu they copied with some Shadow Clones while the last one took on the investigation duty.

When the first clone returned, Kakashi was up and everyone was having breakfast. With the excuse of morning exercise, the clone joined them.

After their breakfast, Kakashi started their training. "Let's start. Does anyone of you know about Chakra Control?" Kakashi asked.

He has a Naruto clone supporting as he still can't walk. Kakashi thought his clone did their job of carrying him well yesterday and assigned 1 clone of supporting him.

Naruto had to follow and made a clone just to follow the man and what he wants to do. As usual, Sakura puked all her book knowledge and Kakashi smiled.

"Correct. Now let me show a method to increase your control. This allows you to control your chakra better and use it efficiently," he explained and walked up to a tree with the clone supporting.

"You need to send chakra to the soles of your feet and walk like this-" Kakashi said and walked a few feet on the tree. All of them gave surprised reactions including Naruto and Kakashi asked them to practise it till they master it and left.

The 2nd Blood Clone created 100 clones and assigned them a specific Jutsu. One squad of 10 clones in addition to this were practising the Genjutsu, which is effectively using the Eye of Hypnotism part of Sharingan well.

Each squad started practising a specific Jutsu. While one practised the Water Dragon Jutsu, another practised Water Wave Jutsu and Hidden Mist Jutsu. Their practice went on like that.

The Blood Clone didn't stop there. It also instructed another squad to practise the Kenjutsu mimicking Zabuza's moments wielding a Shadow Clone version of the Executioner Blade.

They chose an unused part of the island for their practice and also secured the perimeter with some Proximity seals and Noise Suppression seals so all their loud practise will not be heard by anyone.

The third Blood Clone is also doing his duty and is currently watching Gato. The short businessman looked disgusting to him with his appearance.

He has shaggy brown hair and sports a pair of small, circular black glasses, which doesn't suit him and wore a black suit with a purple tie, a yellow shirt underneath his coat and closed-toed shoes.

Naruto found the short films collection of under the rug dealings going in the Wave country and what he is actually doing in his short watch of few hours.

All Gato's activities didn't amuse the clone a bit and all he wanted is to bang the short fucks face repeatedly into a burning oven and kill painfully. But he stuck to his watch duty for now.

That Evening

Somewhere on Nami Island

As the day passed, all the Blood Clones discussed their progress and plans. They can't contact the Original for some reason and they decided to take things into their hands.

"Kakashi with Tazuna and I have just returned from the ongoing bridgework. The day went peacefully without any interference from anybody.

I think the clone I left is still practising Tree Climbing and Sakura already mastered it," the first one said.

"I practised the Jutsu. They are coming good and found a way to increase the efficiency of Clones. I think we can dispel the Genjutsu cast on us by Kakashi now," he said proudly.

"Really?" Asked other clones.

"Yup. We practised a lot and after multiple tries, I managed to break through 4 clones simultaneously casting. So I think we can escape them," he assured and all of them jumped in joy.

"I don't want to dispel the clones now and create a headache to the original. So I didn't dispel them yet,"

"That's good. We don't know how he is and can't contact him either. So better to wait till he asks you to," said the third and the other two nodded and looked at him.

"The short fuck is so screwed, I'm sure boss will kill him immediately for everything he did,"

"Is it that bad,"

"Yes. It's worse than the unofficial mission boss went on. You know how it turned out,"

"Yeah. So what do we do?"

"Just wait. Continue your assigned job and if the boss didn't contact even tomorrow, we can discuss a plan of action then," said the first Blood Clone and others nodded and dispersed.

Dinner Time

Tazuna's House

Not knowing of everything happening in Nami, Team 7 with Tazuna's family are having dinner after a day of full effort.

Everything went well for all except Inari, Tazuna's grandson. After hearing all the progress Team 7 is making, he threw a tantrum about the failure of the Team's Mission and other antagonistic words

*Slap*

Naruto's clone couldn't take it slapped Inari. "Care to repeat it, brat?" He asked with his eyes narrowing at the young boy. Inari tears stained eyes glared back harshly and tried to run away but something, more like someone stopped him.

"Listen, brat. I know that your country is suffering from a tyrant and know about your father's story as I heard about him in the murmurs around town. When someone tried to stand against Gato and they will be beaten by the thugs he hired," Naruto spoke, holding Inari's hand in a vice-like grip.

At this point, all the people in the house have their attention fixed on Naruto. Tsunami wanted to stop, but something told her it would be futile and stayed quiet.

"But your grandfather despite knowing all this and the price he would pay if he was captured by Gato, is risking his life to construct that Bridge.

A bridge that will connect this Island to the mainland. A bridge of hope. A bridge of dreams. For what? So that you don't need to suffer anymore. So that anyone on Nami doesn't need to suffer the fate Kaiza suffered.

You know, he even lied to the Hokage about the mission parameters and if he was to step into Konoha again, he would be executed instantly without any investigations. But still, he did it for you, Inari," Naruto said, daring the brat to make a move or raise his voice, but Inari wisely did none and just whimpered.

"He is doing it for your people. The people of Nami and that includes you. Inari. An ungrateful brat who only knows to cry like a coward and show his back to his family instead of helping them.

Do you know how much your mother bears the taunts and threatening calls of the thugs made on your grandfather and herself? Everyone knows she is living with an old man and a good for nothing son.

She endures all those and what are you giving her in return? Running away from problems, not listening to her words and throwing useless, foolish and childish temper tantrums about a dead man who is a Hero, who tried to fight against the Tyranny of Gato.

You are a worthless shit and don't have any right to comment on the actions of others and what did you say, we all are going to die?" Naruto asked furiously, forcefully lifting Inari's gaze into his eyes.

Inari saw a flashing a dangerous Red for a moment as it disappeared as fast as it appeared and was chilled to the core.

"We are Shinobi. Death and risk is part of the job. We are not afraid of death and every Shinobi dies for their Village happily as they love it and protect it till their demise. Shinobi are killers and are aware of looming death at each corner of the road.

But you are not one of us. You also have a loving grandfather and mother who love you and provide you with everything you need and you behave like a coward and belittle them for your uselessness, ungrateful brat?

If I hear you cry about the loss of your father or don't listen to your mother again, I'll show you true death," Naruto said with rage and Inari stayed silent.

"Is that understood?" He asked the crying mess of a child who pissed his pants due to sheer fear. Inari slowly nodded and Naruto took his hand.

"Good. Now get lost," he growled and Inari ran to his room instead of going outside.

"I'm sorry, Tazuna. But your grandson needs a reality check," he said sadly as the old bridge builder nodded sorrowfully. Naruto also apologised to Tsunami and left the house to blow off some steam.

'Stupid brat and his foolish behaviour,' he grumbled as he left Tazuna's house, leaving a completely stunned Team 7 with their mouths hitting the ground.

Naruto just went out not even telling Kakashi where he was going. Normally, Kakashi would have objected and asked him where he was going, but the man was in such a state of shock, he didn't notice Naruto leaving.

Kakashi didn't see this side of Naruto ever. Even when he was tailing Naruto in his childhood, Naruto was always a kind, cheerful and hyperactive boy.

He knew Mizuki incident as the Hokage briefed him on what happened. But Kakashi didn't expect Naruto to change this much. To slap a cowardly child who always spoke about their(Shinobi) uselessness and saying things to his mother and grandfather is not a good thing to do, yes.

He know Naruto would react, yes, but he thought it would be in a more subdued way. Either by telling Inari of Naruto's own life or his struggles in life.

But not like slapping Inari, which even his mother and grandfather didn't dare to do and saying to his face that he is a cowardly, useless and ungrateful brat is a new thing.

'Hmm. I think I should observe him more carefully. Not that this change is unwelcomed, but to know what extent it is in him,' thought Kakashi. He is going to report this to the Hokage after the mission is done.

Next Morning

After calling the second Clone and practising everything they learnt in the day to blow off some steam, the first clone slept while the second clone went to do his work.

Naruto heard someone enter the clearing and pick herbs. He silently observed what they were picking and knew the herbs the person is picking are used to treat chakra exhaustion and injuries in particular from his knowledge.

Naruto knew who was injured like that. According to his estimate, Zabuza might take another 3-5 days to heal if the person healing him is an expert.

From the herbs this person is picking, he knew they are an expert. He woke up to see a girl? Pick all the herbs silently and fully woke up.

"Ah, hello," Naruto greeted the person.

"Hello, Shinobi-san. What you are doing here?" She asked in a kind tone.

She had long black hair, pale skin and large, dark-brown eyes, and a slender frame and wore a sleeveless pink kimono, with pale red edges and decorated with small plum-coloured swirls, that went to her ankles.

Around her waist was a simple white obi tied in a bow, and she wore a pair of light brown sandals with dark straps. She also wore a dark-coloured choker around her neck. She is definitely gorgeous.

"Uh, training. I pushed it too far last night," Naruto said sheepishly.

"Are you going to be alright?" She asked in concern.

"Of course, don't worry. What are you collecting?"

"Some herbs for my injured parent,"

"What happened to them?"

"They slipped and fell. They're badly injured," she explained with a sad look.

'What an actor,' Naruto thought.

'Why is he dumb? He is smarter than this in his fight with Zabuza-sama,' Haku thought.

"Where are my manners. My name is Naruto," Naruto said extending his hand.

"Haku," Haku said extending her hand.

"Oh, I'm a boy," Haku said with a sweet smile.

"WHAT!?" Naruto yelled in surprise.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter folks.

Hope you have liked it.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

6