Time skip
4.1k 23 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Deep within a forest that was east of the Elderon kingdom, there laid a small village of tribal people known as the ogelmen, this tribe was a mixture of hunter-gatherers and farmers. The tribesmen had successfully cultivated the land and made it suitable for farming, however, due to the unstable weather conditions on their part the forest they couldn't rely on the farming so they continue to hunt.

The tribespeople lived their lives peacefully with occasional disputes among themselves or other tribes that had yet to find a place to settle.

However, on this day the tribe was experiencing despair.

The village was on fire, their huts made from grass and Dirt were being destroyed as men, women, and children were being attacked by men who rode horses and wore plate mail armor.

The women and children were being killed while the men were only severely wounded and then captured and dragged away.

An armored man rode his horse through the village as he watched families being separated and children being killed, the scene was horrible it made him want to puke, the wails of children, the cries of women and the futile resistance of men, the bloodied and the burnt houses, the streets filled with rivers of blood, he stifled his own emotions.

"Remember we only need  the men, specifically healthy adult men kill the rest"

Those words came from  his mouth, he himself could not believe that he was doing such a thing

'Curse him, curse him

He swore in his head, why did he agree to such a thing what could be worth all this? 

He asked himself, an image of a woman flashed in his mind, a woman with beautiful platinum blonde hair and emerald eyes.

This image reminded him why he was doing such a horrible thing, again he stifled his emotions and his eyes became blank.

'This is a Job Nothing more Nothing less'

"Sir are we really doing this"

A fellow soldier who rode a horse, his armor was died red  with blood there was some blood splatter on his face, the man had absolute shock and terror written all over his face, 

"Yes, The Duke wills it and we shall comply"

The commander spoke in a cold monotone as if he had no emotions

"But sir..."

"Shut up and do your job, unless you want  Emina to take their place"

The soldier immediately shut up and brandished his sword and went forth with his horse to continue the massacre, the look of terror never left his face.

The commander now left alone took off his helmet, revealing his face, black hair, black eyes, and a square jaw, he pinched the space between his eyes and reaffirmed his resolve. he could hear the screams were beginning to die down it seems it was finally over.

He heard a sudden noise and turned his head and saw a red-haired woman that was holding her child as she tried to run away, the sudden noise she made caused her to look behind her and she met eyes with the commander.

They  both saw each other, the commander saw the baby she was holding and made eye contact with her

The commander looked away put on his helmet and commanded his horse to move forward pretending he never saw anything.

At the very least he did something good today.

............................

", Uwahhooofff"

A man being thrown flat  on his back cried out as his body hit the ground

The one who was responsible was nothing but a dainty little lass no older than 12 years old, with pure white skin hair, and eyes, her facial features were delicate and beautiful it seemed she was going to grow into a beautiful woman in the future.

"Next"

She said, her voice clear and feminine.

"I said next"

"Uhm that’s everyone Milady"

Said the maid a couple of meters away from her

"Really?"

She looked around and saw a bunch of grown men in armor sprawled on the ground groaning in pain.

The young white-haired lass was none other than Elia Saxonwold Daughter of Baron Harold Saxonwold and she was currently in the training grounds of the knights assisting them in their training. 

The training ground is the large open space area that is behind Saxonwold estate, it is about half the size of a football field, there are some wooden dummies off to the side that the knights use for training and a space used for sparring.

"Well I guess that's another lap around the territory for you guys, you have ten minutes"

A voice of a man rung out, Causing the young lady to turn her head and look at the man. The man had short brown hair and eyes, 

"I must thank the young miss for your help"

The knight captain said as he bowed to Elia.

"Don't mention it, captain. Clara prepare a bath for me"

Clara had black short hair that reached down to her shoulders, she had similar black eyes a thin perfectly placed nose and glossy pink lips, she had fair skin unblemished, a slim figure, and an adequate bust size. She was a beautiful lady that some of the knights were aiming for.

"But my lady you didn't even break a sweat"

"No need to say that out loud Clara you'll hurt their pride, anyway prepare a bath for me regardless"

Clara bowed but before she could leave another voice called out

"Sister"

A young man with short red hair and a stern face called out, the young man wore a white button-up shirt with a black blazer and black trousers and shoes however he was ignored

"Sister"

He called out again but was ignored once again.

"I'm talking to you Sister"

He walked and said directly into her ear.

"you know very well  how to address me Emil, Do so"

Elia faced away from her  brother and folded her arms 

"I'm not doing that"

"Then I won't acknowledge you"

"Sister please don’t be childish"

" This can be avoided if you do what I ask"

"I'm not calling you that"

The young man was adamant about not doing what she says, his cheeks were red with embarrassment when he recalled how he used to refer to her.

"What happened to you? you used to be so cute"

"I've grown, that's what happened"

"I'm still your older sister, so you should do what I Say, Clara tell him as the younger one he must do what I say"

"That's not how that works Milady"

"Clara you're my maid, you also do what I say"

"But Milady since I'm older shouldn’t you do what I say?"

"Don't use my own words against me, also go prepare a bath for me"

Clara bowed and went off leaving the two to talk.

"What is it?"

"Father wants to speak to you about going to the royal academy"

"Didn't I tell him I'm not going"

"Yes, you did but, he wants to discuss it further"

"Since I'm not inheriting the territory what's the point of me going, it should be you in my stead"

"You know I'm still too young and besides going  to the academy will be beneficial to you."

The two started walking as they talked.

"Really how so?"

Elia failed to see how going to the academy would benefit her in any way after all it is not like she hasn't done some studying in the past seven years.

"Well for one, you can find a marriage partner and make some friends  seriously you need some friends"

"Mmh"

Elia thought about it and found that her brother was correct she had no friends and the thought of making friends never occurred to her.

"The maids are my friends"

"The maids are your servants not friends there is a difference, plus if you Don't make friends wouldn't you be like that character from the story you once told me about"

" that's different I have a family he didn't, well whatever, let's go see father.

The two entered the house and went to talk to their father.

............

Inside a grand castle located in the capital city of the elderon Kingdom, a young child sat on a stool as he painted on a canvas.

The young man had blonde hair and golden eyes, he was surrounded by flowers of varying colors and vibrant  green grass, a clear indication that he was in a garden.

"a splendid piece of art as always your majesty"

Praised a tall elderly man once he laid eyes on what the young prince was painting.

A white hair beautiful woman stood on a balcony illuminated by the moon. 

"Thank you, Wentworth"

The prince responded to the butler, it has been six years since he saw her and the painting he painted was what his imagination told him she would look like after all these years.

"Soon we'll meet at the academy"

He uttered as he anticipated meeting such an interesting girl once again.

..................

A/N: hope you enjoyed the chapter, next chapter will be an explanation of what happened in the past seven years.

Also will be going back to first person POV.

158