Princes
4.3k 29 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Royal Academy is an institute of learning that welcomes students from all over the kingdom, of course, that only means students with enough money to afford it so the students that attend the school are noble children, children from rich merchants or well-off peasants, and children coming from knight households and a few students on scholarships.

Due to the variety of students coming from different backgrounds, the academy set a rule that no students are allowed to use their status to gain favor as such every student is equal no matter their family background.

The academy is located in the capital of the Elderon kingdom, The City of Elude but the people simply refer to it as the Royal capital.

Right at this moment, two horses pulled a carriage through the busy streets of the capital city of the Elderon kingdom, The coachman Enjoyed the cool breeze that hit his face. He looked around him and he could see the people walking were Enjoying the breeze as well, the coachman smiled at this and thought of how much he enjoyed his job.

*BAM BAM BAM*

"Hurry up will you"

Unfortunately for the coachman, he could not Enjoy the moment as the passengers within the carriage seem to be impatient, with a sigh he commanded the horse to move faster.

"Hyah!"

The horses picked up the pace. The Carriage they were pulling was a Royal carriage, a golden painted carriage, with the Royal family insignia on its doors which was decorated with shining crystal that surrounds the Royal family insignia which is a shield below a bright shining star, The insignia had the meaning that the Royal family was the shining star that protected the kingdom, as it was their duty to do so.

Within the Carriage sat 3 people, a man wearing the clothing of a butler a clear indication of his status as a servant, the other two, were two young boys, one had golden blonde hair and similar-colored eyes, and the other had the same color hair but his eyes were blood red, a unique color for eyes. The Two young boys looked the same, they had the same small nose, the same rounded ears, the same shaped jaw, and an equal amount of handsomeness,  the only way to tell them apart was with their eyes.

"Brother please do be patient, we are not in a hurry"

The one with golden colored eyes informed his brother, he had a calm air about him that indicated that among the Two he was the most reasonable one. Both of them wore the standard Royal Academy uniform consisting of a white shirt under a blue Blazer and well-ironed trousers with black leather shoes.

"I'm not being impatient Alphonse, I simply do not get why we couldn't walk there, the castle is right around the corner there was no need for a carriage"

"We are Royalty, Albert. We cannot simply walk among the masses plus, the carriage is much safer than walking so deal with it"

"Prince Albert, your brother is right, even if we bring the knights with us, there's a higher chance of getting attacked on the streets than on a carriage"

The two others explained the Albert, To which Albert simply snorted at their explanations and crossed his arms.

"Being in a carriage can get tiresome, and since we're always on a carriage whenever we go anywhere I can understand wanting to walk with your own two legs for once, I do wish the carriage would move faster as well"

Prince Alphonse stated to his brother, although Albert wanted the carriage to go faster because he wanted to walk on the ground, Alphonse wanted the carriage to go faster because he didn't wish to miss the Arrival of a certain someone.

"See, my brother understands how am I supposed to rule as king If I don't know the commoner's way of life and doing things" 

"Who says you're gonna be king?" 

A scowl appeared on the face of prince Alphonse as he asked the question to his brother, his voice was serious and curt, looking at his brother's face Albert responded.

"Pfft please brother I'm the most suitable candidate" 

The calm atmosphere within the carriage suddenly became tense as the two brothers stared at each other, the topic of becoming king was a serious matter to both of them.

"You call yourself a suitable candidate yet, you aren't patient enough to wait for us to arrive at the academy"

Alphonse stated, that he did not believe such an impatient fool that acted on his emotions was suitable for the throne, He believed himself to be the most suitable.

"Patience is not the quality of a king, a proactive and decisive king is a good king, You may be smart, brother but you lack the charisma, you lack the strength and you lack decisiveness, if it's not me then it can never be you"

Albert spoke his reasons as to why he believed his brother wasn't qualified. The Two brothers stared at each other in silence, while they do have a relatively amicable relationship when the subject of being king was brought up, they opposed each other.

The carriage they were in stopped, however, the two didn't notice,  their staring contest was an intense one.

The butler Sighed, whenever this happens the two would never look away from each other because for some reason it would Mean the one who looks away concedes, while he thinks it's good they both are eager to be king he feels their eagerness might blind them from what's important.

"Ahem* your majesties we have arrived"

...............

As a modern man... err... a modern girl? I find the idea of traveling an entire week to get somewhere to be ridiculous and time-consuming, afterall I come from a world where 2 days is the maximum amount of time people need to get from point A to point B, this fact made me realize that carriages suck balls and I need to create a type of car or flying blimp or something because I can't do this again.

"Milady we have arrived at the Academy."

"Good, let me off this thing, you and the rest will go to the house and drop off our passengers, wait for me there"

I informed Clara who was holding a baby in her arms while trying to rock it to sleep. The baby sorta woke up from her slumber and cried like Hell, so much so that I had to exit the carriage until Clara was able to calm her down, I never liked traveling with babies specifically because they cry a lot.

"YES Milady please do be careful"

She said as I opened the carriage door and stepped out and stepped on the firm ground. The carriage started moving, the knights that were accompanying us had stopped at the gates and only the carriage entered, apparently, they had to be searched thoroughly And I wasn't gonna wait for them, luckily they know the way to the house so it's fine.

"Snifffff* Ah fresh air"

I exclaimed and stretched my back, afterward I looked around and I could see multiple other carriages that had just arrived just like Me, some kids got off the carriage along with their servants, some without like me. I looked towards the gates of the school and Saw a rather long line of kids around my age standing, Waiting to enter,  I smiled at them.

"I'm glad I was born a noble" 

So I walked towards the gate however the moment I was close enough a lot of people started to stare at me, I suppose having skin as pale as mine would be unique, I could hear some of them gasp and whisper some inaudible things that I Ignored and simply walked past them, I wasn't really self-conscious about my complexion if anything I was actually quite proud of it before I left my father had suggested that I use some spell to disguise myself but I said no and besides I have no doubt the people here are gasping and whispering out of Admiration.

....................

The two princes stepped out of their carriage and set foot on the ground, however as they set foot they heard multiple murmurs, gasps, and whispers.

"I'll never get tired of this, these commoners sure know how to welcome us"

Albert commented, as he stretched his body while his eyes were closed, However, he wasn't correct, if the people around had noticed the twin princes their reaction would be much more loud and vocal.

Alphonse paying close attention to the murmurs about long hair and pale skin,he realized the girl he saw at the debut party had already arrived.

'So she's here already'

He quickly hastens his steps and moves, of course, this made the commoners standing in line notice which caused loud murmurs and some praises about his looks.

"Your majesty wait where are you going?"

"Brother?!"

The two questioned him however he ignored them, he moved quickly and entered the Gates, and once he entered  his eyes met with her back

"Lady Elia Saxonwold"

He mildly shouted she wasn't that far away from him so she heard him and stopped and turned around and he saw her face once again.

...

It was 6 years ago when he first saw her, it was during the Debut party of all noble children which was held within the Royal Castle, the adults Were told not to interfere and let the children connect on their own, the party was more of a way for noble children to make friends with their peers without the friendship being politically motivated, however, of course, the nobles did not listen and told their children to get close to the princes.

While Albert enjoyed the attention and praise from the many young ladies that surrounded him, Alphonse could not help but see that the girls surrounding him asking him questions, they only did so because they were told to meaning their interests wasn't genuine, it's not that he hated that after all forming a friendship with a powerful individual is always a good idea and he couldn't blame them So he entertained them somewhat.

He and his brother had been told who was who and which families so he could identify all the girls talking to him.

However as he did notice another person not doing what everyone else was doing, The girl simply Stood there and did nothing, he was able to identify her as the daughter of Baron Saxonwold, a man known for his reclusive nature.

Her not interacting with anyone piqued his interest, afterall daughters of a Baron are often the most desperate to make connections due to their low status so for Elia Saxonwold she needed to have friendly relationships with a noble child of either higher or equal status so the fact she wasn't trying to do that made Prince Alphonse curious, not only that but He found her to be extremely beautiful, every girl paled in comparison (no pun intended).

Everything about her was interesting, Her pure white hair flowed down to her back not many people have such hair in the kingdom, her unusually pale skin was a unique but beautiful rarity and her gentle white eyes.

Elia had yet to blossom into the beauty she was to become but to the prince she was already beautiful enough, he wanted to talk to her but couldn't, he had to entertain the girls that fawned over him quickly. 

Unfortunately for him Elia only stayed one hour at the party before leaving and going home and the  prince never saw her again but she was always in his mind.

......

"It's nice to finally meet you, Lady Elia" 

The prince took a bow, as he said, a gentleman must always take a bow when speaking to a lady and a lady must do a curtsy when speaking to a gentleman.

"You speak as if you've been waiting to meet me,  You majesty"

She spoke and did a curtsy, when she did the prince noted that her posture was excellent, textbook excellent.

"I have been wanting to talk since the time I saw you at the debut party"

"Then why not visit the Saxonwold Territory or send a letter asking to meet?"

She inquired, it seemed quite stupid that the prince has been patiently waiting for six years just for this moment when he could have just sent a letter.

"Heh, that did not occur to me"

The prince rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, that indeed did not occur to him, his cheeks flushed just slightly.

"For six years?"

She quirks a brow, what he said seemed a little far-fetched and ridiculous.

"Well... as the prince... I have... uhh... duties that keep me busy so I had no time to think of sending a letter"

The prince avoided eye contact as he said, which indicated he was clearly lying, his stomach felt like it was in knots for some reason

"I suppose that's reasonable your Majesty, but was the something you needed from me" 

The question threw the young prince for a loop, he had no idea what to do or say to her, he can't ask her about her complexion as that might be rude nor about anything else mundane like why she's here, that's an obvious one plus the way he said "finally meet" suggested he had something to say.

"No nothing, in particular, I just thought I should get acquainted considering we never spoke during the Debut"

"I see, it's very nice to meet you, your majesty. Perhaps you wish to take the aptitude test together then?" 

Elia asked, she thought it was a somewhat good idea to make friends at the very least and not repeat her past life mistake of being a loner and the prince seemed amicable enough to befriend.

"Ah, I would love to"

He excitedly answered an opportunity to show off his dual affinity and show off, somewhat presented itself. The two then started walking, Elia asking some questions about the life of a prince and Alphonse happily answering.

While the two walked towards the wooden both that had some people and mages that tested their elemental affinity, 3 individuals stared at Elia and Alphonse.

"Milord!!"

the butler seemed to be quite perturbed by what happened as he questioningly lowered his gaze to look at Albert who had scowled.

"Well this isn't good" 

The prince stated, that it wasn't good at all.

"Not one bit"

A third voice came from his side completely startling the prince and butler.

Next to the Two of them was a Brown haired girl that had a dark scowl, it seems she wasn't happy at all.

"Lady Ophelia, I didn't quite see you"

He exclaimed, shocked by the fact he didn't notice her presence.

"Tell me Al who is that girl walking with my fiancé?"

...........................

A/N: hello, sorry for the late update, got into the habit of Binging anime again so I kept pushing the update back. Hope you liked the chapter.

[This is a  GL story Mc does not like men so the prince will only ever be a friend]-Thought I'd write this to clarify 

Did I do the cliff hanger right?

165