79. post explanation
634 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"…so, it’s like this."

Loriam silently looked at the cup of tea she was given. She was deeply in thought over what Julia had just told her. As Julia said, Loriam seemed to have a hard time believing it.

Julia shifted nervously in her seat; the silence was killing her. The longer it lasted, the more nervous she got. And yet, Loriam said nothing. No one said anything, in fact. Even being cursed by everyone would be nicer than this silence.

"This feels like that one time I was scolded after accidentally hurting you…"

Nika broke the suffocating silence with a murmur. While gently taking Julia’s hand in her own to reassure her that it will be fine. She could understand what Julia felt right now; she herself went through something similar.

She throws an angry glance at Loriam. She couldn’t forgive her for making her sister so anxious. Why won’t she just say something? Does she enjoy tormenting her so much? Was what came to Nika’s mind.

Loriam didn’t seem to register the way Nika was looking at her. By the looks of it, she didn’t even register her murmur. And just silently stared at the table, deep in her thoughts.

"It must have been hard for you."

Finally, Loriam says quietly as she looks at Julia. Gently grasping Julia’s hand, a few tears find their way down her cheek.

Julia was taken aback a little. She was expecting to be hated or treated coldly by Loriam. But here she was, with Loriam looking at her kindly.

"I thought you would hate me…"

Julia said for no one in particular. Her voice should be so quiet that she herself could barely hear it. Once she let that line out, though, she felt a soft, warm hand caressing her cheek. Loriam’s hand.

"Why should I hate you? You are my child after all."

"I knew it was just that…"

Julia blushed. The nervousness was disappearing from her heart. She didn’t really know why she expected Loriam to hate her, but she was still glad that wasn’t the case.

"…Our mom should have been like that."

Nika spoke quietly. But she did look relieved. At least it will not be like the last time. Nika thought to herself, smiling at Julia kindly all the while.

"I am glad… really."

Julia smiled faintly at her mother. Only registering Lily’s presence from the corner of her eyes.

Lily, sensing the atmosphere in the room, stood motionlessly by the door. unsure what to do.

"Why did no one wake me up?!"

Nemi, however, seemed to not notice as she stormed into the room. Her outburst caught the attention of the others. She ignored them and went straight to Julia.

"Julia〜 Let-agh."

Approaching Julia with a big smile on her face. She failed to notice that Lily tripped her with her foot. Resulting in Nemi flying face-first to the ground.

"You!"

Nemi threw an angry look at Lily, who in turn pretended not to see her and stepped on her feet as she passed by. Not forgetting to slap her with her tail in the face.

"Good morning, master."

"Hey! Don’t ignore me."

Lily approached Julia and snuggled against her, earning herself a light pat on the head. Savoring the feeling, Lily added a few extra tail slaps to Nemi’s face, much to Nemi’s dismay.

"What did you want to say?"

Julia turned her head towards Nemi, who was still on the ground fighting against Lily’s tail and losing badly. Once she managed to catch Lily’s tail without Lily being able to free it from Nemi’s grasp, Nemi lifted her head and looked at Julia.

"She wanted to kiss Master."

Lily answered in Nemi’s place, sounding annoyed. Nemi rewarded it with a firm tug on Lily’s tail, making Lily yelp in pain. But their short exchange catches Loriam’s attention.

"Hm? Kiss? Why would she kiss her?"

Loriam tilted her head slightly. Nemi and Lily stopped fighting and silently looked at Loriam. Nemi gulped nervously and addressed Loriam.

"Your majesty, I... I love her Highness. And would like to marry her."

Nemi almost bit her tongue as she talked but managed to avoid that. Lowering her head as much as she could, she felt her heartbeat increase more than ever before.

"It’s complicated…"

Julia said, avoiding eye contact with Loriam. Loriam’s intense gaze was piercing Julia like a laser.

This week i was utterly lacking time. and i also got caried away writing an different story. plus my sister wanted to go see an concert and a fireworks sooo she had the priority over writing.

26