81. discussion(part2)
493 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“That is why you are still single.”

Nika said with a shrug, not forgetting to smile sweetly at Julia.

“This is good, though, because no one will take you from me.”

Nika inched closer to Julia, placing her head on Julia’s shoulder affectionately. Julia didn’t say anything back; she only smiled helplessly and wrapped her arm around Nika’s shoulder. Holding her close.

“No one will love you more than I do, sister.”

Nika started to resemble a spoiled cat as she snuggled with Julia. Making what sounded like the purring of a kitten.

While Julia was used to these sights of sisterly affection from Nika thanks to her previous life. No one else was present except Nika. Had the same experience. So, while Julia saw it as an innocent statement, Nemi and Loriam saw it as a declaration of incestuous desire from Nika. Which is why, after hearing it, their faces were painted by shook. The lack of any strong rejection of such an idea by Julia was equally shocking to them.

“Sweety, might you explain?”

Loriam’s face became once again that of a demon. Julia flinched as Loriam’s gaze pierced her. But truth be told, Julia had no idea what she should be explaining in the first place. So she only tilted her head without thinking.

“She isn’t even denying it. he he”

Nemi’s eyes started to resemble those of a dead fish. In her mind, all was lost. If her loved one could only see her sister in a romantic way, then she didn’t stand a chance. Unless…

“Your majesty, is there a way for me to become your daughter?”

“Huh? What?”

Faced with Nemi’s empty expression, Loriam wondered if she was being serious.

“There is no such thing.”

Whether she was serious or not didn’t change the answer. There were none. Though Loriam was not happy that her daughter was essentially making a harem behind everyone’s backs. Still, she felt bad for this girl, whose dreams had been crushed by Julia’s possible incestuous desires.

“Could you adopt me then, please?”

Nemi looked and sounded desperate. Her eyes are dead and empty, yet she is pleading with Loriam. Grabbing by the last tiny straw that presented itself to her, And Nemi grabbed it firmly; if it meant possibly being closer to being Julia’s lover, then anything was fine.

“Just what do you two think of me? And you, stop saying things that cause misunderstandings.”

Being scolded by Julia didn’t seem to have any effect on Nika, and neither did Julia’s forehead flic.

“But it's true.”

She giggled.

“No one loves you more than I.”

Puffing up her modest chest, Nika announced proudly, filled with confidence.

“What about Mia?”

Nika’s confident smile froze. For three seconds, she was silent before opening her mouth again.

“She did more. And comparing her with her is dirty.”

Nika talked quietly, and likewise, Julia went quiet.

“So, who is Mia again?”

“…Another competition.”

While Loriam became curious about the new name she heard and worried that her daughter was more promiscuous than she thought. Nemi’s dead eyes turned even more lifeless as she believed it to be the case.

“Mia is… Welly, she is…”

Nika bites her lips. She cursed herself for causing this mistake. Not only was her sister forced to recall what happened, but now there were others who would need an explanation. Further hurting her sister in the process.

“…I will show you.”

“Sis…”

Julia gestured for them to follow her, with a pained smile on her face. Nika only hated herself for this more. She hated to see her sister like this.

“Is it just me, or is there something about this Mia that makes Julia sad?”

“So, you noticed too?”

Nemi whispered to Loriam as they followed behind Julia and the worried-looking Nika. Both of them could see something was hurting her, but neither could guess what.

“This is Mia Leranpe… my daughter.”

Julia almost choked on her words as she motioned to a piece of ancient polished stone sticking from thick grass. Julia squatted next to it and carefully removed the grass, revealing withered gold lettering.

“A gravestone?”

Loriam looked at the old gravestone, observing as Julia ran her finger along the letters lovingly. She understood why Nika was so worried about saying it in front of Julia. Loriam understands the pain this must put Julia under.

Meanwhile, Nemi was a little relieved that Mia wasn’t another rival for her. though she immediately started to feel bad about it once she noticed Julia.

“So, this is her.”

“Julia, I-“

“Sorry, I would like to be alone now.”

Loriam wanted to console Julia, but Julia made her desire to be alone for a while known. Unsure of what to do, Nemi and Loriam exchanged worried looks while Nika was looking down, holding Lily in the process so that she wouldn’t run up to Julia.

“Let’s go for now.”

Nika was the first one to break the silence. She lightly pushed Lily towards the exit of the small cemetery of the royal family. The others reluctantly followed after her, shooting their last worried looks at Julia.

"...Mommy, don’t be sad.”

Nemi turned around quickly. She was certain she heard the voice of a young girl, but when she turned around, there wasn’t anyone other than Julia. Was I just imagining it? Nemi shook her head, following behind the others.

26