83. The skull
442 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You didn’t sleep with a man last time either, so why not do what you did back then?”

Mia looked expectantly at Julia, the slight glow of her spiritual body making her look cuter than normal. Though Julia also had to wonder if that was just her opinion as a mother.

Julia raised her hand palm up, letting a bit of dark crimson mana gather to form a ball. Mia curiously floated towards it and observed it.

“Is my memory just bad, or did your mana change?”

Mia tilted her head as she began to think carefully. Julia dispelled the gathered mana and, with an apologetic voice, addressed her daughter.

“The current state of the Leranpe family is not good. It's doubtful if what I was capable of in the past is still doable.”

Since her last life as an empress, Julia’s present life is far weaker. Not to mention that many of the things that were honest possibilities for the queens of the past would now be considered a fever dream at best. Having a child without spending any intimate time with a man is one of them.

“So, as much as I would love to hug you and see you full of life, I can’t do much about it.”

For better or worse, her two reincarnations as a female didn’t do much to change her preferences. Confirming her ancient theory that sexual preference is tied to the soul. Just as moral values and intellect. Though she was doubtful at these two points.

“Not to mention, even if I were able to perform it again, you would still need a physical body first.”

Despite saying so herself, Julia attempted to embrace Mia. Her instinct as a mother was telling her to do so. So, she reached her arms towards Mia, who was looking downward. Only for Julia’s arms to pass through her.

“… if I can’t be your child again, then…”

Mia looked pleadingly at Julia. Julia wanted to make Mia happy, at least a little, so she hinted for Mia to continue with a kind smile. Mia took a deep breath as if she were preparing to say something troublesome.

“Would you keep me with you?”

With a smile, Mia showed Julia a skull. A skull that definitely belonged to someone young.

“Ehh… Honey is that your…”

Julia saw her fair share of messed-up things in her lives. But this one would take the crown in her book. If her premonition was correct, then her dead daughter was giving her her skull.

And to Julia’s dismay, Mia nodded.

“You see, I can’t go anywhere in the living world. Only if my remains are there.”

It appeared that the implication of what she was saying had downed on her, as Mia started to look ashamed.

Julia went completely blank; how should she even react?

“You want me to use your skull as a decoration?”

Julia wanted to confirm that she just understood it wrongly. That it’s a miscommunication. They had a couple of those in the past, after all.

“No, not really.”

Mia shook her head desperately. Don’t think I am a weirdo! She wanted to shout but held back. She would have thought about herself the same if she wasn’t the one in this situation.

“Just, you know… Maybe put it in a box and then in your room…”

Mia blushed out of embarrassment as she spoke her request. The more she spoke, the more embarrassed she felt. Ugh, she must think I am crazy. Mia wanted to run, or maybe even better. To just fly underground. essentially just do something to not see her mother’s expression.

“…If I do that, Then will you be able to talk to me inside the palace?”

Mia was surprised when she didn’t see her mother looking at her with disgust. She was revealed by that.

Taking a needless deep breath, she nodded carefully.

“Okay. Just make sure no one can see you. Just hiding your skull will be pain.”

Julia sighed and took the skull that her daughter’s ghost handed her. thinking of where to put the skull so that she doesn’t have to explain it to anyone. After finding no way to hide it, decided to wrap it up in the handkerchief. And simply carry it under her arm.

While she looked like it wasn’t bothering her, the fact was that she felt like she was doing something horrible. Well, she was carrying her daughter’s skull to her room after all.

The faint weight on her shoulders felt like Mia was sitting on them. In a way, it was calming Julia with the feeling of nostalgia. Luckily, none of the maids had any questions.

If only things worked easily... but finaly i set up my new PC.

23