84. A visitor
453 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Here could be good... or not.”

Julia scratched her head.

For the last few minutes, she was trying to find an adequate place to hide Mia’s skull. Uncusefully.

“Did your room shrink?”

Mia, meanwhile, was floating around the room. Curiously looking around all the different things that she didn’t remember being there.

“No, Loriam has my old one... Actually, this was my room before Nika was born.”

With nostalgia, Julia looked around the room. It didn’t occur to her, but it is the case that she was given the same room as in her previous life. After her family decided she didn’t matter anymore, the room was given to her younger sister.

“Ah! So, this was Auntie’s room?”

“Yeah.”

Mia looked livelier upon Julia’s confirmation. She circled around the room before landing on a spot near the couch. Rolling around and kicking her feet in the air.

Seeing her like this, Julia had the urge to scold her, but then she realized her daughter’s state, which saddened her even though she should be used to it.

“So, this is where Auntie played with me.”

A bright smile appeared on Mia’s face. Julia could almost forget what happened all those years ago.

“Your majesty, there is a visitor for you.”

“I will be there in a minute.”

The maid’s voice coming from behind the door put Julia in a bad mood. She intended to spend some time with her daughter after all.

Hastily hiding the skull in a drawer, Julia let Mia know that she would come back as soon as possible. And as a good girl, Mia swore to guard the room.

“Kana, you are in charge.”

“As you wish, master.”

It wasn’t like Julia didn’t believe Mia; she just had bigger faith in Kana.

Settling the room for now, Julia ventured, accompanied by Maid, to meet this guest who was so adamant about interrupting her.

“Is it my imagination, or do you always move up on the hierarchy ladder?”

Grinning from ear to ear while waiting in the hallway, a familiar elf was standing.

“Olia? What brings you here?”

Julia was surprised but greeted her with a smile. She didn’t expect to see her here. Not that she would be complaining.

“Oh, you know how it is.”

Olia shrugged with a soft smile on her face.

“A war broke out right next to us. That messes up a lot of stuff. Like trade routes.”

Olia’s smile darkened; it appeared she and her mother were under a lot of stress because of it. Making Julia feel a little guilty, though she had no reason to.

“… I will do something about it later. How are things at your end?”

Scratching her head awkwardly, Julia asked. Olia sighted and sat herself on a couch. Taking a bite from a snack placed there by a maid.

“Other than the fact we have a vampire army that would like us dead at our doorstep? I would say it’s fine otherwise.”

Olia looked at Julia like she had eaten a lemon. Yeah, the Empire doesn’t like elves… Julia realized in what state she left the empire in her previous life.

“I said I would deal with it; for now, why don’t you join us for dinner?”

“Fine by me.”

Julia leads Olia to the dining room. Talking pleasantly with her, but her mind was elsewhere the entire time.

Just how do i get to the ending? i would like to do that soon....

21