85. Sorting feelings (part1)
412 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, is that the sole reason you came, Miss Witch?”

Nemi threw a dirty look at Olia, who had been ignoring her the entire time. After they all ate dinner together and Julia excused herself, the cross-interrogation began. And while Loriam had no deeper motivation than to know the intentions of the other girls around the table, Nemi, Nika, and Olia seemed to consider each other their mortal enemies.

“I have no reason to answer you, washboard.”

Olia didn’t as much as look in Nemi’s direction as she casually drank her tea. Which made Nemi visibly upset, though it's hard to say if it wasn’t because of the insult directed at her chest.

“…What kind of magic did she use to seduce my sister….”

Nika, on the other hand, was lost in her own thoughts, occasionally throwing a hateful gaze at Olia. Considering her brainwashing hypothesis more plausible than ever.

“I guess I will take a walk. Try not to kill each other.”

Loriam was sighted as she got out of her chair. She felt like an extra in this room. So, I gave them a mild warning that they didn’t even register it. She left the dining room. The others didn’t react and continued with what they were doing.

“You take that back!”

Nemi slammed the table with her hands, abruptly standing from her chair, which ended up falling over. Nemi’s face was contorted with hate.

“Or what?”

Olia sneered at her. She was entirely sure of her position. What could this flat-chested vampire even do to her? She was the one supposed to marry the new vampire queen, after all.

“I will... I will…”

Nemi trembled, clenching her fists. I will blow you up. I will incinerate you. These were the things that came to her mind. Ideas she had to refuse immediately. No way; she would just damage her crush’s home like that.

“I shall perhaps smash that face of yours!”

Nika looked angry, a dangerous-looking spell floating in her palm. As an elf versed in magic, Olia’s instincts told her that this spell was bad news. She wanted to cast some sort of barrier, but something told her it would be hopeless.

“P-Please calm down.”

Apparently, even a complete beginner in magic could tell, as Nemi was trying to make Nika calm down. And not succeeding in any meaningful way. The spell in Nika’s hand sparked dangerously.

“Who are you even!?”

Olia took a step back. She felt like she was going to die at any moment. By a girl, she never saw before now. What is her deal? Olia wanted to know but didn’t voice it. Preparing to be killed by this hellish spell, Olia closed her eyes.

“Nika!”

“Ouch.”

Instead of death, she was expecting She heard yelling and something heavy hitting the ground. Slowly opening her eyes, she saw the girl who was just a few seconds ago trying to kill her. Was now sitting on the ground, holding her head. And behind her stood an angry-looking Julia.

“How many times have I told you to not use magic indoors?”

“I am sorry…”

Nika lowered her head apologetically, apologetically towards Julia instead of the one she was trying to kill. Olia was too preoccupied by the fact that she was still alive.

“I took a look at the situation and dealt with it. Also, give this to your mother.”

Julia handed Olia a bunch of papers. Olia looked over them, and her eyes went wide for a bit.

“You didn’t have too.”

“Yes, I did. Because certain someone had to act without orders.”

Julia glanced at a fox-eared woman standing at the door. As she felt Julia’s gaze on her, she bowed down apologetically.

“In any case.”

Olia cleared her throat. And pointed at the girl on the ground.

“Who is she?”

Olia sounded mad. Julia blinked a few times before looking at Nika. Who embarrassedly looked away. Julia put a hand on Nika’s head, ruffling her hair slightly.

“This cutie is my sister.”

Julia’s smile beamed as the word “sister” left her lips. Olia knew that Julia always had a little bit of a sister complex, but she had never heard of her having a vampire sister before now.

“Umm, Ele?”

She comes with the only thing that comes to her mind. The possibility that her human friend was also a vampire was greater than zero.

“No, this is Nika.”

Julia briefly explained her current circumstances to Olia. Who nodded along. After a few minutes of explaining, Olia opened her mouth to talk.

“So, you say you are breaking up with me?”

Julia froze. That wasn’t what she was expecting to hear. No, I am not. Or rather, I don’t know how to feel. While Julia’s confused mind was going into panic mode. Nemi was looking from the side, smiling triumphantly.

20