86. Sorting feelings (part2)
394 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julia was sweating nervously. While she couldn’t say for sure that she loved Olia like she used to. She still felt something toward her. She was only sure that she felt some kind of affection for her.

On the other hand, Nemi looked like she had won some great prize. If someone would ever need to know how a smug expression looks like. All they would have to do would be to just take a single look at Nemi. Her face was now a prime example of one.

“Yea, my sister is not interested in the likes of you.”

Nika rose to her feet and clung to Julia tightly. Sticking her tongue at Olia while giving Nemi a thump up. Somehow, these two have become good friends just now.

“An elf has no right to as much as approach her, unless in chains.”

Nika’s voice was becoming increasingly hateful. And while Nemi had no idea why that was, she was fully on board.

“Nika, that is enough.”

Julia tried to make her stop talking, but Nika chose to ignore her and continued regardless.

“Really, your kind is the worst. It would be much better if you all died long t-“

“That is enough!”

“…I am sorry, elder sister.”

Nika took a step back, visibly shocked by Julia’s sudden yell. As much as she wanted to belittle this elf and as much as she was shocked by her sister’s reaction, Nika decided to rather lower her head in an apology.

“Please ignore her she… She dislikes the Elves.”

“I can tell.”

The response from Olia came sounding a bit sarcastic. Julia awkwardly grabbed Olia’s hand and tried to find something to say. But seeing Olia look at her with that betrayed expression, she couldn’t find the right words that she could tell her.

“Look, I know that I didn’t spend much time with you recently, unlike that flat one over there.”

“Hey!”

Olia motioned with a slight nod of her head towards Nemi, whose offended yell was ignored by Olia. Nika clenched her fists but kept silent, doing her best to not let the fact that she felt likewise offended.

“But I am still your fiancée. We made a vow; does it mean nothing to you?”

“Olia…”

Olia started to tear up. Seeing her like this, Julia felt like her heart was put in a hydraulic press.

Of course, her old vow was still important to her. but she could not command her heart, and her heart was not beating the same as in the past. The conflicting feelings she got from her past life were now her curse.

“It’s not like that; it’s just that I…”

“Just what?”

Julia bites her lips. She had no idea what she should say. Never before did she think that merely talking would be so hard, to find the correct words to say. So instead of saying anything, she wiped Olia’s tears and glanced in Nemi’s direction.

Nemi looked jealous, far more than Julia would expect. Just how am I supposed to say something that would not make either of them angry? She barely ever thought about the possibility of having to solve such a situation. While she spent a few decades fantasizing about having a situation like this one, right now she wishes for any other situation.

“Hey! Stop pushing me!”

“No.”

While Julia was wondering what to say, Nemi’s angry voice came from behind her, along with Lily’s. Wondering what it was about, Julia turned around, only for Nemi to be pushed onto her.

“Now, share.”

“What do you think you’re doing, doggy?!”

“Lily!?”

“Share!”

Lily’s tone made it obvious that she doesn’t take any arguments. As she forcibly made both Olia and Nemi embrace Julia. Which made Julia feel like a sardine. Desperate, Julia looked to Nika for help.

“When did she…?”

Nika just kept looking from the group, forced into an embrace, and to the door. She could not understand how or when Lily even got in.

21