88. the ceremony and the day after. (part1)
462 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an inconspicuous room whose interior was filled with activity. A young, silver-haired girl sat in front of a mirror. She was nervous, far more than ever in her life. That didn’t seem to bother the girl who was applying make-up to her face.

"Please hold still your majesty. You were the one that asked us to do this.”

“I know it is just..."

If something was bothering them, then it was the constant fidgeting of their queen. While the two maids assisting her right now were fully aware that she disliked make-up, Which is why they were surprised when she requested that they apply it to her face. saying, “If it helps me look better for them.” Though neither of the maids was even sure if that was possible.

“Now, now. If you won’t stop fidgeting, we won’t be able to finish in time.”

“Ugg.”

The silver-haired queen bitterly swallowed her complaints as her face morphed into a grimace, as if she had eaten something very unpleasant. However, she did as she was told and kept still.

“Your majesty is looking truly splendid. They will surely be lost for words.”

Has she not been doing this for the sake of others. Then she would never allow her hair to be braided or her face to be covered with cosmetics. Of course, the dress she was going to wear wouldn’t be within a radius of 50 meters of her either.

So, as she was being praised, All she, Julia Leranpe, could muster to do was offer a meager smile. That single gesture was taking all her will. I am doing this for them. I am doing it for them. She kept saying it to herself. She regrated, allowing make-up to be applied to her face. She felt weird. As if her skin were not her own.

“And done. Please take a look, your majesty. Is it acceptable?”

With a proud smile, the maid had handed over a hand mirror. Her eyes sparkled with expectation as Julia took it and started to carefully examine her face. Not bad. She thought, nodding in satisfaction. Even if it was presumptuous, she thought that she looked just like a model. If only I was a bit taller...

“I wasn’t sure that it would look good, but... you did a great job.”

Julia smiled brightly. As much as she saw the whole situation as a nuisance, she did want to look her best today, and if spending few hours on her hair and applying makeup would help with that. Then she would not complain.

“In that case, your majesty, may we now start with a dress?”

Hearing that, Julia’s smile stiffened. And with suppressed horror, she stared at the thing in the smiley maid’s hands.

It wasn’t as if she was opposed to wearing a dress. After all, she did wear quite a few of them up to this day. No, that wasn’t the issue. The real issue was the corset that the maid was holding. It was the only thing from a woman’s wardrobe that she avoided, like a devil avoids the cross.

After all, whenever it appeared in the media, It was shown to be painful to wear. She didn’t want to experience that. In fact, she would rather be stabbed than wear that.

“Is that necessary? Won’t it be better to just wear the dress?”

Julia tried to mask how much she didn’t want to wear it. Given how the maids looked at each other at loss, It seemed like they didn’t notice her true feelings on the matter.

“Your Majesty, it would give you a slim wa-“

“Watch your mouth! She didn’t mean it like that.”

The maid holding the corset was promptly smacked by the other maid. After which, she looked rather panicked as she talked to Julia right after. Julia wondered what that was about.

“Y-yes, I didn’t mean to suggest that you are fat.”

“Be quiet!”

Ah, so that was why. Julia smirked as she watched the maids bicker.

After the maid’s remark, Julia looked down at her body. The way she saw it, her waist was already thin to begin with. Maybe she could use that as an excuse to not have to wear the corset.

“What she wanted to say was that it would enhance your figure more. The dress might end up covering it.”

Having her mouth covered by her college’s hand The maid, with the corset still in her hands, nodded frantically. Julia didn’t see the need to be worried about that, though.

“They might also prefer to see you that way.”

Julia clicked her tongue. It was true that the other two might be happy if she wore it, but...

Julia stared hesitantly at the corset. The images from the media where it made appearance, made her not want to as much as touch it. But the possibility of the other two looking at her happily...

“Haa, fine, let’s get this over with.”

Julia reluctantly agreed to let them put the corset on her. The two maids immediately got to work. During the time the maids were working, Julia had closed her eyes and, with deep breaths, prepared to feel pain.

“Here we go. Is it uncomfortable somewhere?”

“Huh? That’s it?”

Julia was surprised. The dreaded corset was only slightly pinching her waist. It didn’t feel nearly as uncomfortable as she expected. Those bastards lied to me. She grumbled internally, putting the dress on all the while. But she was too lost in her surprise to notice.

“It suits you well, your majesty.”

Coming back to her senses, Julia took a good look in to the full-body mirror that she found herself standing in front of.

The mirror's reflection despite reflecting Julia, she herself could hardly believe it was her. The figure reflected in the mirror had an aura of maturity around her. Even though her height made her look much younger,

Her body was covered in an elegantly decorated dress. Whose neckline came down to form a slight v shape. On her waist was a scarlet sash adorned by a lily flower. The whole dress came down, ending slightly above her ankles.

Julia blushed slightly as she saw herself in the mirror. She was looking far better than she expected.

“Oh my. I guess you are ready now.”

Loriam’s voice came from behind her. She looked both happy and yet, sad at the same time.

“To think my little girl would be getting married so soon.”

A tear ran down Loriam’s cheek. One of the maids wiped Loriam’s tears away with a handkerchief.

While Loriam was the one who was primarily the one organizing today’s events. She was still the most affected emotionally once this day finally arrived. She was preparing for it, and despite that, she was overcome by emotions.

“Mother, please.”

Julia felt embarrassed by how Loriam looked right now. Though she could understand her, she also felt like Loriam could perhaps control herself a bit more. It’s not like I am leaving...

“It is time, your majesties.”

A woman wearing an elegant gown entered the room along with a middle-aged man. Julia smiled slightly as she saw him.

“I didn’t expect you to arrive, dad.”

“What father would not arrive at his daughter’s wedding?”

He smiled as well and embraced Julia. After a few seconds, they let go of their embrace.

“Shall we go?”

He extended his hand to Julia, who grabbed it and let herself be led out of the room by him. Loriam wiped her tears and followed them after collecting herself.

19