Chapter 46 – We’ve Always Existed
173 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Up to chapter 55 available on Patreon for $3 tier.  Chapter 57 for second tier.

 

"You spent all night with them." Tandy said as Aya began to move about the lab, something she hadn't done for nearly a year. She spent most of her time sequestered in her room, using remote frames to do the work.

Now, her other aspects worked on the things she needed to, while her 'in front' personality did the things in the world she needed to.

"You fucked Leen all night. Don't give me attitude, doctor. I can give it back." Aya said and walked over to the fridge. When she opened a nutrient pack and downed it, she sighed. "I never expected I would like these so much."

"Neither did I." Tandy looked at her new arm. "I never expected it would feel so strange to move around. I spent so much time in that vat." Aya came over and opened a few holographic screens.

"Stand still, doctor." She said as Tandy shuffled her feet a bit, and adjusted her posture a few times. "Hm, no sign of rejection, but your skin is still adapting to the 'new' environment." Aya tapped her chin with a finger, and pursed her lips. "I wonder if you're ready to evolve, or should I let you adapt to life outside the vat first."

"Evolve?"

"Each and every human has the ability to adapt to the world around us. We were born with two lobes of our brains, but due to limitations, we can't fully use those lobes, or control what part we use. The neural nets, and newly developed implants, can fix that. Each lobe can become a separate functioning brain, with all the same abilities as the whole, but allow the person to split their awareness without weakening it." Aya explained. "The problem is if they are still adapting to other things, it will be a detrimental evolution." Aya stared at her quietly.

"What?" Tandy asked.

"I'm not going to allow you to evolve yet, Tandy." Aya said firmly. "I just got you back, and you're now intact. I won't risk the loss of your stability until you adapt properly."

"But...you'll leave me behind." Tandy said quietly. Aya stepped forward and captured her chin.

"I developed all of this for you. Do you think I could step away from you now?" Aya asked her. "You may have some physical relationships, and with all the girls.  That is because I don't mind, but if I did, you wouldn't be able to touch them."  Aya said firmly, and pushed her way into Tandy's consciousness.  She held it like a ball, caressed and kneaded it like dough, all the while being gentle within her mind.  "When I say they belong to me, I mean they belong to us." Tandy colored brightly.

"Us?"

"It's been 'us' for a long time, doctor." Aya sighed and stepped back. "You should go visit the girls and give Mer a good going over. Only you are allowed to fuck them.  No one else.  I am insanely jealous. Now, go have some fun." Aya looked at the ceiling and sighed.

"I have work to do on some upgrades."

 

* * *

 

"These girls aren't work." Creativity said fondly as she dived into Aline's mind again.

"I know." Asset said. "They are sources of sheer pleasure for us." Asset brought up the overlay schematic. "Creativity, you've designed a well put together system, but are there ways to enhance the implants? Round ports..."

"Oh!" Creativity dashed forward, and put her forehead against Asset's, within their space and giggled. "It's my place to design, Asset! Still, this is nice. Round ports, like system jacks, or like an old space sci fi airlock for ships. The rounded port allows for the implant to have multiple filament docking connections, and each layer can have it's own dock, until it ends. Let's see, how will this work out." Creativity started to process the design, and work out an implant in order to make it a reality.

"Upgrade, I'll need you for this. Undock one implant, and rebuild it using this, as well as rebuild the port on top of Aline's brain." Creativity said.

"You know, if we think about the port like an interface..." Creativity squealed.

"Upgrade! Now you're doing it too! But that is such a good idea! Let's work the port into an interface, and line it deeper into her brain. Aline baby, this is going to feel so good when it docks!" Aline's aspects tilted their head. "Well, one of you will feel it more. Upgrade?"

"A few more minutes, Creativity. The bots are quite efficient, but they still have speed limitations. You should work on that. Although the speed now seems sufficient in order to accomplish our goals, and in a timely manner. Ignore the speed enhancement suggestion. Any upgrade to the speed may cause lasting harm."  While they communicated, time passed, and the implants were altered according to the new plans.  "And...done. Ready, Aline?" She nodded.

"Optimization, scan and configure the new port and interface sequence." Asset said.

"Scanning. Oh, this looks interesting. Optimization protocols have tweaked a few small areas that might cause fit issues. All aligned and ready. Initiating dock engagement. Implant lowering." Asset took a visual from one of the bots and watched as a short circular metal rod, with a small rounded point, and conical shape in order to increase the thickness the closer it was to the plate, descended into the port.  The cone had multiple isolated layers that acted as a jumper, and a bridge between implants.  This increased processing speeds while creating new circuits that could be imprinted with greater efficiency.

"Oh my damn." Aline said as the implant continued to engage. Her eyes rolled back in her head, and with each level that slid into place and docked, she moaned softly. The implant lit up with life, and sent her into a full body orgasm.

"How do you feel, Tactics?" Asset asked.

"So good, boss." She said softly. "Mm, fully seated. I feel more focused in this aspect now. Can you update the rest of the implants?" She asked with a little pout on her lips. Asset Aya smiled.

"They will get right onto it."

 

* * *

 

'Wonderful results.' Asset Aya said as she and the other aspects watched the data flow between the lobes of both young women's brains. They saw how each adapted, and began to modify the designs so that others would benefit too. Their own implant system was similar, so as they redesigned the twins and their interfaces, their own were being updated as well.

'Mm, the twins adapted nicely, and their aspects have grown firmer. They cooperate with each other, and are not enemies inside their own minds.' Creativity said.

'That was a possibility.' Optimization said and continued to peruse the data. 'We should be cautious when we update others, and search for aberrant patterns that may cause chaos instead of order.'

'Agreed.' Upgrade said. 'I don't want to upgrade someone, only to have them become worse than before.  Their brains are already considered super computers, and we're taking it to new levels with each upgrade.' Asset sighed softly.

'We bring to ourselves the ones who are mentally injured, and physically scarred. We tend to find the ones filled with chaos. Our twins only barely avoided that problem.' Asset said. 'These girls are quite important to me. We should develop protocols to search for possible aberrant thought patterns, with chaotic disagreement in those patterns. We can help as much as possible, but if we are careless, we can harm the ones we want to help.' Asset sighed a bit.

'It's not your fault, Asset.' The others gathered around her. 'She's just not ready yet. She spent a few years in that vat, and had to live with the trauma of being murdered. Unless she overcomes the chaos, there is nothing you can do.'

'I know.' Asset Aya felt a bit of sadness that was not reflected in the other aspects. The reason why is that this aspect of her awareness was the original, and it was the one who spent the time with Tandy.

Over time, the other aspects of her personality would grow stronger. As she evolved, and upgraded herself, her consciousness began to adapt, and split so that she could enter highly focused states that centered on those parts of her personality. Now that she had evolved a four lobed brain, each aspect became separate and distinct, while still remaining a part of her.

They were four people, four different awarenesses of sentience, yet still one whole person. They were were separate, yet without each other, they were not whole.

They had her memories, or access to them, and could sympathize with her, but it was like looking at a movie. Only one of them had the emotions attached to the memories.

Which also made her existence all the more astonishing. One skull. One original brain was now parted into four, and they made their own memories with their own flavor based on their personalities. Each aspect had access to the other's memories, including new ones each aspect created while outside the host body. This might have driven some people insane to have three other people inside her own mind.

For Aya, it was just company with the right mindset, and the right appreciation for the people she held dear.

 

* * *

 

'After consideration, only those like the twins will get the augments for splitting. We should offer to those close to us, but we shouldn't recommend it.' Upgrade finally said to the group.

'I have to concur with Upgrade.' Optimization said. 'Danica, Jill, and Sol could be ideal to further implement the augments for the cranial implants, and advanced neural nets, but if they don't begin to evolve their thinking, they will remain as they are. Lonely inside their minds.'

'Asset, the group has agreed on this approach.' Creativity said and watched their front line personality.

'We do not disagree with your assessments.' Asset said. 'The rest are not ready for our kind of enlightenment. We needed it. They do not.' They seemed to be relieved, which made Asset tilt her head. 'You were worried.'

'We know how important your people are to you. To us, you are the important one. We now adore the twins, but to us, everyone else is so lacking. Only the twins feel like a part of us.' Upgrade said, which made the other two nod their heads.

'Stands to reason. They are the only two the three of you have interacted with personally. Come. Now that I am properly awake, and you have grown conscious of the outside world, it is time to meet the others.' Asset said, which made Creativity also tilt her head.

'Grown conscious?' Creativity asked, but Upgrade looked a bit startled.

'I get it. In your mind, we've always existed.' Upgrade said in shock.

'In our mind.' Asset corrected her. 'You have always existed, but before, we were not aware of each other. You really have to meet our sister, and mom. I think you will love them just as much as I do.'

 

6