Chapter 15: 5 Months/5 Years old
3.4k 12 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few more months Rin has become 5 years old. Though at this point the three gods in the house just decided to give up on trying to learn the reason behind it. Though many things have been happening throughout these months.

In the Second month of being born Rin decided to do something for his uncle Apollo. The next day all Artemis and Hestia could hear was a high pitched scream. This soon led to Apollo running down the stairs in what looked like a green and red dress. Artemis and Hestia on the other could just not hold it in and started to laugh so hard that if they were not in Apollo's domain, everyone would have heard them laughing. Apollo looked at both of them with a deadly glare. "Was it you who did this to me?" Apollo asked Artemis and Hestia. Though they both shook their heads in response. They all then remembered the one other person living in the mansion and all three looked at Rin. Rin was looking somewhere else while whistling like he did absolutely nothing. "Rin," Artemis said slowly. "Yes?" Rin said innocently. "Did you do this?" Artemis asked. Rin then looked at Apollo and laughed out loud. "Maybe," Rin said before dipping and hiding from the pranked sun god. Hestia chuckled at Rin's actions while Apollo was getting ready to run for him. "Why can't you just take it off?" Artemis asked. "I can't because he put a sealing curse on it where it does not come off unless he dispels the curse," Apollo explained. Artemis then remembered the one day Rin asked her to teach him a sealing curse and decided to keep quiet about it. Throughout that day all you could see is an off brand Mrs. Claus chasing a little werewolf around the mansion.

The third month was mainly Hestia talking to Rin about the outside world. She would teach him magic from time to time, the history of the gods and the world. Rin felt that if she were a teacher anyone could become the smartest person alive. Then also Apollo had decided to teach Rin how to play some instruments since it is what the "Ladies' ' like. Though Apollo did get a good beating from Artemis, Rin decided to keep on learning as you never know when a skill could become useful. Artemis on the other hand decided to teach him how to hunt and survive in the wild or in any conditions. Though when she wanted to take him to the forest she realized that she couldn't cause the gods would realize that he was her son from the divine aura, similar to hers, coming off of him. Though Rin then showed her something amazing. Rin was able to change his entire body to look like a miniature version of Hestia. This had surprised her and she asked him how he could do this but he only answered that he felt that he only felt he could do this from the moment he was born. This made her realize that it was an inherent feature and not a learned ability. Then they went hunting in the forest which made Artemis the happiest as she was teaching her own son everything she knew about hunting. She loved the feeling and could not help but feel happy that Rin was born from her and not some other goddess.

Then when the fifth month came around Rin had a great idea on what to do and that had to do with blunted arrows and bows. The idea was similar to a nerf war but instead it would be with bow and arrows. The whole mansion would be the battlefield. Though Hestia had gotten a pistol since she is not as skilled with a bow. We all started in different parts of the mansion and started the game. Apollo quickly went after the easy meat in the mansion. Hestia soon under fire from Apollo decided to make a flash bomb from fire which soon succeeded and left Apollo defenseless and Hestia took that chance and disqualified him. While this was going on, Artemis and Rin were fighting against each other.

Artemis almost hits Rin many times while Rin surprisingly does not shoot back. Artemis soon felt danger but could do nothing as she was shot by an arrow from a hallway behind her. Surprised, she turned around to see who shot her but saw no one. She then turned back towards Rin only to see him grinning. "Was that you who shot me?" she asked. "Yep," Rin said smugly. "How?" was all Artemis could say as she could not think of her being able to hit him. "It was simple math," he explained. This had only led to Artemis being even more confused. Seeing that she was confused Rin decided to explain. "You see I aimed my arrow here and shot it," Rin said pointing to a corner "then it bounce of this wall and traveled through this hallway and hit this corner," Rin said while moving down the hallway and pointing to one corner "then it finally bounce off and hit you in the back."

When Artemis heard this she was completely stunned as she never thought to mix in things like algebra into her hunting as she thought it would not be useful and only Athena would find it useful. "How did you think of this?" she asked him. "Well I dropped an arrow and saw it bounce when it fell, so I thought what if I could make it bounce around to my target, which led to me testing this out here," He explained his reasoning. Artemis could only look at her son with pride as he was able to do something she did not think of. "I am pro-'' she tried to say before Rin suddenly leaned his back slightly as an arrow came whistling past and reached his hand out and grabbed the arrow, knocked it into his bow and shot back at the attacker. "Kyaa!" Hestia cutely screamed as she got hit by her own arrow. Rin looked surprised at the cute outburst made by Hestia. Hestia realizing what she did quickly started to blush in embarrassment and quickly left. Rin and Artemis looked at each other and could only laugh. Rin had won this battle but now his mother now started to learn how to add algebra in some of archery skills which instantly made her skill second to none. Rin could put up a great fight and would most of the time win due to his knowledge in math being higher than her mothers. Though soon that will not be enough.

72