Chapter 24: Kamoume’s house and Grandpappy!
694 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reiko POV

It was a bustling village, rural to the bone. It's kinda intimidating, there were so many different people moving about talking to each other as if they were brothers and sisters. It's weird... the people were so, so different... like loud, roudy and barely used any honorifics or anything.

"Mommy! Let's go meet grandpappy now!"(Kamoume)

"Now, now pumpkin, grandpappy is busy during this time of day."(Moume)

Kamoume's ear flooped1 is that even a word? - Inordinatio down.

"Awweee..."(Kamoume)

As she said that the carriage made a complete stop. Tofu turned to us and made a gesture to leave. Mr- Moume first left the carriage, then followed by Kamoume and finally me...

Taking one foot out, I exited the vehicle. The grass was a lucious green and made a soft crunch. Taking my head out, I was greated by a slight gust of wind. 

"Welcome back Ms. Moume! Seems like your carriage is broken. We'll get one of our craftsmen to fix it asap."(burly man)

A large, burly uncle said out loud to Moume. He had a general well toned body, with a beard and bear ears. It seems like everyone here is an animal, human hybrid like me. 

Moume grabbed both my and Kamoume's hand and led us away from everyone. She took us to a not so small remote tree with a burrow. The burrow itself had a trap door on it which Moume soon opened.

The change from the outside to the inside was like night and day. It was larger than you would expect, with stairs... actually more like roots descending down to a cozy living room.

"Coowaaboonga!"(Kamoume)2apparently cow-a-bunga is trademarked... weird... - Cheryl

She yelled as she jumped and grabbed a hanging vine and canon balled straighted into a pile of leaves.

"Hehhehee"(Kamoume)

Did that hurt...?

"Come on Reiko try it!"(Kamoume)

"You don't have to if you don't want to Reiko dear."(Moume)

"Don't be a boring pants like mom!"(Kamoume)

"Oh no did you not just call me boring pants young lady! Here comes the tickle monster!"(Moume)

"hehehe Nooo!"(Kamoume)

Maybe I should try jumping with the vine, yeah, ok, deep breaths. Here I go!

I leapt like a mighty lion and reached for the vine, it was right in front of me and I could just barely....

"ah, crap. AHHHHHHH!"(Reiko)

I fell face flat onto the hard wood. 

Oh god is that you? It seems like I died again. To what place do I reincarnate into nex-

"Reiko! Are you alright!?"(Cheryl)

I felt my sould being dragged back to earth. 3actually... is this even earth? - Reiko   Yesn't - Statera 

"blurk"(Reiko)

Was all I could said, afterall my face was turned into a prune. 

"Look at you! Moume are there any medical supplies nearby?"(Cheryl)

"Oh uhh, there should be some inside the kitchen."(Moume)

"Understood. Where is the kitchen?"(Cheryl)

"Oh it should be over here"(Moume)

"Cheryl it's ok, I'm fine..."(Reiko)

Cheryl quickly turned to me with a puzzled look. What, is it really that bad?

"O-kayy, did you heal yourself?"(Chery)

"n- no... why?"(Reiko)

"Really!? Oh wow, your face just..."(Cheryl)

"You're less ugly than you were twenty seconds ago!"(Kamoume)

"Yes what she said is true..."(Cheryl)

Wow, really? Huh, I mean, I guess it does make sense since I have been pretty resilient ever since I was reincarnated, actually I might even be invincible! Maybe I should jump off of something like a building to test that out! ... Actually on second thought, maybe I shouldn't.

As I had my ever so important thought, Moume 4ot still feels weird saying that - Reiko appeared with a wooden tray with wooden cups on top. She handed me and Cheryl both a cup. The liquid inside was hot and golden brown, kind of similar to tea. I took a sip, after Cheryl did, and it was pretty good. Kind of sweet but not really, with a very strong taste of barley. 

"Kamoume why not show Reiko around the house."(Moume)

Moume said with a ':)' on her face. Kamoume nodded vigorously and yet again, I was taken away. She's incredibly strong for her age. 5ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ “ - Kamoume

She took me downstairs to what looked like a bedroom. It had a dirt/wood flooring with a giant nest(?) in the middle. The walls itself was well decorated with wooden patterns, paintings, mirrrors and a lot of small clay statues. Kamoume then jumped onto the nest and with a booming voice she said. 

"This is momma's room!"(Kamoume)

She then zoomed past me, grabbing my arm, again, and took me to another room. This one had a curtain and it resembled an onsen. This must be the bathroom. The bath itself was surrounded by stone and with what looked like bamboo being used as a pipe.

"This is where we showah and swim!"(Kamoume)

It was total chaos, moving from one room to another barely stopping lesd than a minute. Kamoume excitedly sprinting from a room to another. 

It was just, exhilarating.

She was moving at top speed until she made a complete stop. She stood quietly at a large wooden door.

"This is grandpappy's room, don't go in there."(Kamoume)

There was a moment of silence until she turned to me and shouted. 

"Tour done! Now let's go to my room and play some games!"(Kamoume)

And just like that, I was again whisked away.

I was taken into a very colourful room, and I mean colourful. The walls had paint sploches and overgrown plants, and what I think is moss. 

"Momma doesn't want me to keep a pet, so I grow plants instead, here look at this! This is big Lari!"(Kamoume)

She said showing me a pink potted flower thing. I clapped bringing a giant smile on her face.

"Anyways let's play some games! Granpappy won't be here for a while! So what you wanna play? I got toys, cards, dolls and a lot of other things!"(Kamoume)

"oh, uh, I don't know... what do you wanna play?"(Reiko)

"Hmmng."(Kamoume)

She frowned and grumbled. Oh no, did I say something bad?

"That's lame."(Kamoume)

"umu..."(Reiko)

I grumbled and looked around her room to find something.

"oh, uhh what about that?"(Reiko)

I said pointing towards what looked like a wooden box.

"Oh that! Good choice!"(Kamoume)

Kamoume jumped to take out the wooden box and opened it to reveal a board, a couple small wooden figurines and two dice. 

"This is called Enclave! Here, read this to learn how to play."(Kamoume)

She said as she tossed a scroll at my face. Unravelling it, I read its contents. ' The objective of Enclave is move around the board and get as many material as possible, whether by purchase or gathering. Everytime you make a full round around the board you will receive 200 quillos. If you land on an enemy square you can take 100 quillos and set them back the amount of spaces rolled on a single di. After 20 rounds both players can build their own civilization with the gathered material. If you land on a card square, draw a card from the pack, you can use said card whenever you want. The one with more points wins.' 

That... sounded simple enough... I guess. There was a second sheet with pictures and numbers next to it. These must be materials needed for the buildings.

"Are you done?"(Kamoume)

"yeah."(Reiko)

"Ok then let's play!"(Kamoume)

And thus the war began...

It was a bloody battlefield filled with itense bloodsh-

"HEY! That's cheating!"(Kamoume)

"nope... it's says on the card that I can do that..."(Reiko)

"LIAR! Lemme see that! ... THIS GAME IS SO UNFAIR!"(Kamoume)

Kamoume threw a tantrum as she handed over wooden piece. It was a real dangerous battle, all I could do was keep steady against the ravenous beast. HEY! DON'T CALL ME A BEAST! .... what?

Reiko POV + Kamoume

It totally was like soo unfair! Reiko is cheating! B- but... I am not.... That's what they all say! 

...

...

By the way, is this your head? It's kind of empty.

(´;ω;`) 6 Imagine being bullied by a child, can't relate - Author

Actually, there is this door- 

Let's keep that closed...

I- is there something wrong with that?

Yes, it's very weird! 

Oh...

Uhm... I guess since you're here, why not I get you something to drink. As a sa- thought that a box of strawberry milk appeared on Kamoume's hands.

What's this? Mmh it's yummy! 

And Kamoume drank it all up. 

So what now? 

I don't really know... you just kind of showed up... maybe we can- 

"Welcome home father."(Moume)

GRANDPAPPY!

Huh? Kamoume just vanished...

Reiko POV

Kamoume jumped out of her seat and dashed away, towards the house entrance. I slowly followed suit. 

There was someone else in the building? Burrow? There was someone else here. His voice was rough and stern. I poked my head to see Kamoume clinging unto an old man like a koala. 

He had long grey hair tied in a bun. His body was wrinkly, he had a cane to help him stand.

"How's my sugar cube doin' hope you didn't cause too much trouble on your trip."(old man)

He said in a soft tone.

"Actually father, we did encounter an abnormal amount of walliopters and... and a thief..."(Moume)

His voice changed, turning serious. He stared at Moume intensly and said.

"Is that so, make a full report to me later and go inform the guards to increase fortification."(old man)

"Yes father I will, but before that I would like for you to meet someone."(Moume)

And as she said that, she turned her head towards me and the old man did so too.

probably shouldn't make meta jokes like that, but eh, who cares. On an another note this was the first time Reiko was invited to someone's house. HEY! -Reiko

20