Chapter 26: Lynn the Bartender?
601 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

Sand...

Coarse, rough sand...

Nothing but the sand, no plants, no animals, not even water, just... sand.

The swift gales of wind carried the dust, no where meaningful, just another section of the barren wasteland. Yet however, there stands a lonely cabin amongst all the sand. Made from the wet, moldy wood that could break at a single touch. A large sign labeled 'bar' drooping down almost about to fall. The windows, still intact but were dusty, old and tainted in the colour yellow.

If it weren't for the small warm glow coming from within, one would think it was abandoned.

"Hiya Lynn!"(girl)

"Hah, it's you."(Lynn)

A blue light erupted from the inside of the cabin, with a young girl in a witch's outfit appearing.

The turquoise haired woman groaned at the mere sight of that girl.

"What is that you want this time? Can't you tell I'm busy?"(Lynn)

"Busy? With what?"(girl)

The girl said turning her head left and right only to see the empty wooden tables infested with bugs.

"There doesn't seem to be any customers."(girl)

She bent her head to the side, making a cutesy expression.

"AND WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?"(Lynn)

"I don't know, yours...?"(girl)

"WOMAN YOU LITERALLY TRANSPORTED MY DAMN BAR TO THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!"(Lynn)

Lynn smashed her slender arms onto the table, leaving a crack. Flames of rage exploding from her body.

"That just sounds like to me that you have bad marketing and are making excuses."(girl)

"Oh my god, I just, I just can't with you. One minute I was peacefully running the place, next minute some random elf appeared out of nowhere and bam, just like that my business is ruined."(Lynn)

Her voice shook, like a ship in the turbulent stormy nights of the seas. Her face resting on the palm of her hand. Her hand was wet.

"Uhm, ok, first of all, I am not just a 'random elf' and I find that offensive, second of all  are you done, cause I need some ria stones if you have any. I'll trade you some food for it."(girl)

"SHUT UP! Can't you be anything but selfish for a single minute!"(Lynn)

"Hey, don't forget what I did! I risked my life to-"(girl)

"YUH HUH, BUT GUESS WHAT! JUST BECAUSE YOU DID YOUR SILLY LITTLE QUEST DON'T MEAN YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THINGS LIKE THIS!"(Lynn)

The blondie raised her index figure about to argue to with Lynn.

"Hah, whatever, just take this and go, leave the food by the booze, I need some alone time."(Lynn)

Lynn threw a small, heavy sash on the counter. The elven girl placed down a large bag of food next to the wooden barrels. She took the bag, a proud little smirk on her face. Dusting the hem of her dress and with a loud snap of her fingers, she vanished in a bright blue light.

--------

In a jungle, far far from where the bar was, where colourful crystal protruded from the ground, where the sky was completely black all year round appeared the witch.

"Awwe man, not again! Jeeze my teleportation is acting weird again."(girl)

She moaned like a student when the stupid math teacher gave a thirty question long exercise for homework.

Unbeknownst to the witch, the jungle was no ordinary jungle. It was one of the most inhabitable places in the planet, where the little bit of life there was, were dangerous beasts.

As silent as mouse, it lingered, creeping ever so closer to its prey. It cone shaped head holding one of the most dangerous neurotoxins to exist. Something so dangerous than even a single drop could kill an entire civilization.

Its bony body drew ever so closer. Just like a tiger in the wild, it prepared to jump. Its legs were like those of a grasshopper, bent, with an incredible force behind every single one of its jumps.

Now it was in arms length from the girl. Hiding behind the jagged rocks, camouflaging with the interlocking purple vines. It was hungry, afterall, it has gone without a meal for a month.

As it was about to leap, she disappeared. Just vanished, turning into the dust.

"Hallo!"(girl)

Or did she...

It barely had anytime before it's head was ripped from the body. Icky green goo spewed everywhere.

"You don't mess with the alpha of the jungle, got it?"(girl)

She said a sinister grin plastered on her face.

"hahh... but to think that I was sent here... it's gonna be a while to get back to home... ah whatever, I can just try teleporting again... but then again, I barely got any mana left..."(girl)

A sad little sigh leaving mouth, she dejectly trudge on the path back home.

-----

Reiko POV

"Isn't Birdy the cutest!"(Kamoume)

Birdy had finished his meal, eating everything, one by one. His belly was big like a sumo wrestler and he had a satisfied look on his face.

'Z's' started coming out of his head as squeaky snoring noises came from him. Seeing Birdy like this, Kamoume grabbed the lil fella on a pile of leaves.

"We should leave him alone, he gets cranky when woken up."(Kamoume)

Kamoume whispered with a childish smile. We all quietly sneaked away, leaving the lil lad to rest.

------

Following Kamoume I walked on the long twisting, turning branches along the way. Giang trees loomed over us, vibrant flowers that look like it came straight out from a painting greeting us.

"This forest is pretty big..."(Reiko)

"Yeup! Grandpappy took all this land so that the future generations can use it when in times of need."(Kamoume)

She raised her arms wide open as if she was charging a mighty energy ball.

"What if you guys run out of land, would you take more land when that happens."(Reiko)

Kamoume stood frozen for a moment before moving her head slightly to the left and right.

The awkward silence prevailed...

...

...

...

"Hey Reiko come look at this!"(Cheryl)

Thank you Cheryl.

I turned to see Cheryl holding a bouquet of red rose like flowers.

"OH MY GAW! Where did you get those!"(Kamoume)

Kamoume suddenly jumped onto Cheryl clinging onto her like a koala.

"Come on, tell me! Tell me! Tell me!"(Kamoume)

Cheryl was a bit flabergasted at first but after a little bit of time, she pointed at a hedge, more specifically the bottom of the hedge.

"These are supa rare during these seasons! You must be like flower God!"(Kamoume)

"Hehehe, thank you for the compliment."(Cheryl)

Cheryl blushed, her cheeks red like a tomato.

"Hey can I take some of those?"(Kamoume)

"Yes, go ahead!"(Cheryl)

Kamoume then took out about nine reducing the flower population by 66%. She then tied the stems of each flower until she made three distinct flower tiaras. 

With a proud face she placed one on her head another on Cheryl.

"Reiko come over."(Kamoume)

"ah, no I'm fine it's okay, I don't need one, hehe..."(Reiko)

"Don't lie to me! If you don't come over then we cannot be friends!"(Kamoume)

"umu..."(Reiko)

My head was hunged down as I waddled towards Kamoume. 1just like a pengwing •̀.̫•́✧ -Kamoume She place the tiara on my head like I was the next king.

"Look at adorable you are!!!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl hugged me like tightly, squishing my organs until they become pudding. My cheeks were dyed red, I mean how couldn't they be... I am a man after all... 2was* -Author

I felt Cheryl rubbing her cheeks against mine.

"Hey! Careful not to ruin the flower! And lemme join in too!"(Kamoume)

Kamoume then launched onto us with the force of a rocket. I was being suffocated by two girls! How did this happen! 

Actually now that I think about it... Everything up until now... 

...

Uwahhh... WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!

Third Person POV

"Uhh... Cheryl I think Reiko passed out!"(Kamoume)

The little girl said, prodding the unconscious Reiko with a stick.

"Seems like she is..."(Cheryl)

Cheryl had a single bead of sweat coming down the back of her head.

Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is the mental overload of an anti-social worker who has zero social skills.

Swooping in, Cheryl picked up the white haired girl, carrying her in a piggyback. 

"She needs some rest for now, let's go back home."(Cheryl)

"Okay!"(Kamoume)

Kamoume replied, holding Cheryl's hand, guiding her back home.

I may expand the lore of P'horruki village in the next chapter. 

Who could this mysterious girl truly be? Find out in the next in the next episode of drago- 

Also Reiko is an Aries and the only reason she's an Aries is because I wanna draw her in a sheep costume in the future.

17