Chapter 42: Dire Assault for Freedom 3
273 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

In the cold mist of night, a group of individuals, sat perched on top of a tree. Wearing cloth that concealed there faces, leaving room for their eyes. Looking observantly, patient and quiet. 

"HRRRAHH!"(Senjin)

Suddenly, there was loud burst of noise, as a figure of a man appeared from the thick leaves. His mesomorph silhouette was pitch black because of the bright moon shining on his body. He was a monstrous, a warrior of the night. 

Pptah!

Air forced was forced out of one of the archers. A fist driven into the stomach, mangling their organs. It was too quick and fast for anyone to notice. He fell onto his knees and soon the ground, falling to the ground unconscious. 

Everyone reacted, loading their bows and fired immediately. Senjin took it all like a beast, charging forward recklessly. Senjin grabbed the tail of a nearby enemy pulling them and smashing their fists into their face. 

Blood splattered everywhere, resembling a broken water fountain. It was not just the blood of the enemy but also Senjin's blood. His skin on his knuckles exploded, muscles beginning to show. 

"Heal me, NOW!"(Senjin)

He screamed his lungs out, both his fist and arrow riddled body regenerating until he was as in perfect condition. The bowmen were left in awe, not a word leaving their mouths, unbeknownst to them was that a little fox girl was hidden amidst branches and leaves, extending her hands. 

Senjin full of fierce vigor charged in. He was a trapeze artist, flipping and flexing his body in near impossible inhumane ways. There was a reason he was feared, he was a prodigy and the one and only hope of resistance. The one man who could go head to head with the grizzled war veterans. 

Body as tough as nails, his ability to fight resembling that of a wild animal. He was unpredictable and adaptive. 

His body turned, twisting and contorting, his feet made a 180 landing a powerful roundhouse to his enemies. He was not yet down. Senjin balled his fist slamming it down to his head. 

One by one, the numbers reduced, every time they landed a slash or shot an arrow, he would simply pulled them out, reacting with silence to the pain as the wounds healed up. 

Things were looking grim of the archers, they couldn't keep this on, they must retreat, but the question was, could they? 

He rivalled the wind in speed, jumping from tree to tree. They could only scream in fear or shock as the distance between them lessened. One two, there he goes, three four, still hungry for more. Soon, there were more people knocked out than those still up and fighting. 

They had to retreat, they hid inside the leaves and ran away as fast they could.

The tides were shifting. 

"Where are you going! The fight is not over yet!"(Senjin)

Wearing a proud, serious face he moved forward. 

[I have to run, reduce the numbers and rescue everyone](Senjin)

"Senjin wait!"(Mayo)

The rabbit boy shouted his lungs out, catching the attention of the latter. He turned his head quickly. He slowed down to a complete halt. Bending his knees on a branch, he asked.

"What is it?"(Senjin)

"We shouldn't charge in so recklessly, especially since the folks at the gate aren't looking too good."(Mayo)

"Right."(Senjin)

Senjin nodded his head and jumped off, landing on his ground.

The three rushed away, moving to where the gate was. Usually by the time the gate was done, there would've been a sort of flare or mark, but there was none, nothing but the silence and howling of the wind.

More than half an hour has passed, and Mayo knew all too well something was off, and well, he was right. 

The path to the gate was empty, not a living being in sight. Senjin's rampage took down many archers, with his gorilla like strength coupled with Reiko's near instant healing abilities made a devastating cocktail of pain.

They ran and ran and ran worry creeping a little. 

Passing through the forest, the trees zooming past. 

"Once we get near we should slow down and quiet down, we should ambush them rather than-"(Mayo)

"Calm down, I bet they can do it, no I bet they already did."(Senjin)

Senjin chuckled with a resolute face, but deep inside he was hiding the anxiety, crossing his fingers he hoped he wasn't lying.

-----

Kuki POV

"Kek!"(Kuki)

My view was dazed as the onslaught of arrows shot from every side. Never had I expected them to get so strong. Only a few months ago did it seem possible to escape but this time they got stronger. Their numbers multiplied too quickly for us to consider, was it because of us taking that girl a week ago?

Does she have some sort of unimaginable power we didn't know? 

If it was so dangerous for us having her that they reinforced troops... There definitely must be a reason, but I can't think of that now.

!!!

Sharp pain all throughout my body. Everyone was gone leaving me as the last one standing. My legs were shaking uncontrollably, I was not even able to move a single muscle. 

Fight back, fight back, fight back! 

I want to bite, maul, tear through their stupid masks. 

But I can't

I can't move, nor can I shout. Everything shatter at that moment, it was over, not just the raid, but the my dreams of seeing the outside world, our dreams. Senjin, Mayo I'm sorry, but today, not even I can make plan to make it out. 

I know you can't hear me, but run, run away leave. There still another day for you but not me. I know you always wanted to see all the different flowers, eat all the fruit and meat you can get.

So, Senjin please, wherever you are, don't come for us.

Third Person POV

It was a true massacre, and unlike the last attempts, there is no way of escape this time. Kuki and Leifen and a handful of others were knocked down unconscious, injured. They were surrounded by the enemy as they were being carried away.

Time was ticking, but the three didn't know, they had lost before they even knew it. They ran as fast as they could, running till their leg muscles tightened. 

Worry set in as the minutes, no seconds passed. Making their way onto the battlefield they were left astonished, being greeted by the enemy instead of their allies. There were stains of blood on the floor, yet none of them looked hurt. They froze in their tracks, Kuki, Leifen, no one they knew was on sight. Senjin scowled, his face twisted contorted. 

[They're... they're all gone... it can't be, no it just can't be!](Senjin)

Like an angry bull he stormed in. There was no thought in his head just emotion, a burning inferno of emotions. The only ones that knew him for him, the only ones that loved him not as a weapon but as person, gone. 

[we- we were always able to make it out in one piece, we always did! This is no DIFFERENT!](Senjin)

Tears on his face with white fangs showing. Balling his hand he mauled the closest foe there was. Like a savage beast, he beat on him. No mercy, nothing. He didn't stop at one, he charged in recklessly to another one, ignoring the gashes forming on his body, and more dangerously, ignoring the safety of his comrades.

[Since I was young, I made a promise, that we will leave the gates, jump over the fences and taste the winds of freedom. I made a promise to you, and I am going to keep it!](Senjin)

"Hraah!"(Senjin)

Senjin growled thrashing and bashing. With a clouded mind he became rash.

From above the tall wooden fences emerged a long row of snipers with poison tipped arrows. The best of the best as you could say it, they were trained to eliminate any possible beings who dared to climb up the walls. They only showed up when there was a fool who decided to climb out. But that was not the only reason. Whenever there was someone or something that was too dangerous to be left alone, they showed up.

This was one of those cases.

Reiko desperately tried all she could to keep Senjin safe, but the poison only kept circulating along with his skin, tearing because of the constant onslaught of arrows. 

Mayo tried to protect the white mage along with Cheryl. Things were grim, as Senjin went off on his own, blinded by rage. He threw caution out the window, forgetting Reiko and Mayo completely. 

The two was surrounded, nowhere to run, nowhere to go except...

Thinking on her feat, Reiko slammed her hand down onto the ground, magic poured out as a small green formed. As quickly as lightning, the root grew. It grew rapidly twenty feet up into the air carrying Mayo along with it. 

They were safer but still not safe. Poisons tipped flint zoomed past towards Reiko with perfect accuracy. Reacting quickly Mayo jumped, taking the arrow for her. Immediately he began becoming green.

Amidst the chaos Reiko flailed, not knowing what to do. She panicked and did nothing as Mayo was hit and hit and hit. Reiko tried helping with her healing, pouring as much magic as she could. 

"REIKO! You have to leave now!"(Cheryl)

Cheryl yelled her lungs out, grabbing hold of Reiko extending her hands. An outburst of wind left her hands, launching Reiko away. There was no way they could've saved the rabbit boy, they were surrounded and she couldn't let Reiko be hurt again, not again, never again. 

Cheryl bit her lips as she left Mayo all alone as she propelled Reiko and herself away from danger. It was too dangerous for her to move over the large fences, knowing the army of archers and bowmen she could only click her tongue in frustration.

[If we leave the gates we would only get shot and with how little mana I have left, I doubt chances of survival will be high... forgive me for this Reiko.](Cheryl)

While this all was going on, Senjin was left battered and bruised alone.

[d- damn](Senjin)

His body was weak and tired, slowly down from a quick wolf to a sluggish snail. His world was blacking, his breaths becoming unstable. Huffing in and out, gasping for air as if he was drowning. 

...

"Ch- cheryl wh- what about everyone else? ... why didn't you just get us out when we had the chance!?"(Reiko)

"I'm sorry Reiko, but..."(Cheryl)

Cheryl didn't finish her sentenced, hiding her face behind a dark shadow. 

Responding with a saddened expression, Reiko chose to stay quiet.

She lost, again...

[Will I ever be able to leave?](Reiko)

How's november treating you all?

13