Chapter 41: Dire Assault for Freedom 2
329 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Senjin POV

Multiple enemies were on my tail, literally. Barely a moment to breathe as I dashed from tree to tree with arrows just missing. The numbers are multiplying, d- damn... maybe we were a tad bit unprepared.  

The distance between me and the archer up ahead lessened quickly. 

"Hraah!"(Senjin)

Winding my arms back, I threw a powerful uppercut, drilling into his stomach.

"Kyahk!"

Oh, my bad, he was a she. 

She collapsed, falling down to the ground like a ragdoll. As soon as she landed I heard small cracking sound. Sorry, but I have a mission to complete. Wasting not a second, I began moving avoiding the arrows. The winds were cold tonight, the darkness engulfing the land with the moon as my guide. 

I was starting to be surrounding, every angle an archer. There is nowhere to go, except... down! 

Jumping down, landing on my feet, I swiftly picked up a large branch. Swinging it, deflecting the arrows and avoiding the remaining. It was looking hopeless as arrows upon arrows fired rapidly. It was looking hopeless, but that's it, it was only looking hopeless. 

Born with a monstrous body, a prodigy in combat. All those praise and hard work will not fall flat, today I will show them

"HOW STRONG I AM!"(Senjin)

I threw the stick with beast like strength. Hitting my opponent, he was knocked down. Falling down onto his back, vulnerable. I was a true beast rushing in, taking my chance. Almost as if I had a sixth sense, I dodged an incoming arrow, it grazing my skin. 

Before my fallen enemy could get up, I balled my hand, slamming it down onto his head. My eyes were razor sharp; blood spewed out like water. I am sorry, but today, I must be serious. 

Turning around, looking at the rest, my eyebrows furrowed and my hair was a bush, messy. Balling my fist, clenching them tight, but leaving room for speed, raising my arms to my face, bending my legs. I was steady but agile, like a tree in a storm firm and steady. 

"Bring it."(Senjin)

At that moment, two individuals rushed in, knife in hand, as the others assisted from a distance. 

Adrenaline racing through my body, a heart that throbbed harder than a giant rock. 

Sprinting, I tackled one of them, his knife was quick, cutting my skin. There was a sharp pain on my shoulder as blood shot out. It was no time to think and groan in pain, not yet not now. My fist pummeled the side of my enemy, a solid painful, liver shot. 

He stumbled, giving me a window of opporutiniy-! Quickly retreating, a small cut formed under my eye. 

Heh, it's not going to be easy. Charging in, I had to evade, moving to the side. There was an arrow shooting past me. That was not the only one, more and more projectiles all coming from all directions while dodging the knife slashes and stabs. 

D- damn... I can't do this alone, especially not for long... even if I wanted to, my body is reaching its limit especially with-

creck

HRNGH!

My body stiffened, maybe... we should've been more patient, I am still not at one hundred percent. Slowing down to a snails pace, I became easy pickings, arrows shot down from all direction. Gashes formed with arrow tips digging deep into my skin. Not the worse I have face yet my body refused to move.

Things are grim... 

sheegk

Huh?

One by one each of the archers fell down, raising my head to see, I saw him. Haha! He's here!

While not everyone was down, they became distracted, giving me the time to strike! Dashing, I smashed my fist into their backs, they fell unconscious, out cold. 

"hahh... hah..."(Senjin)

Cold air left my mouth.

"thanks."(Senjin)

"no problem. Now to finish the job."(Mayo)

Mayo appeared from the shadows, holding a bloody and crude curved knife. His eyes stared down to the unconscious combatant. He raised his weapon high into the air and

"st- STOP!"(Senjin)

His ears elevated, turning around looking at me with dead blank eyes.

"why, it's easier this way, even if we fail, that will be less bodies to deal with."(Mayo)

"st- still, they're people, our people. Even if we are enemies, we should just leave them asleep, not dead."(Senjin)

Looking at me with unimpressed eyes, a scornful frown. 

"Ok, fine."(Mayo)

Saying so he marched deeper into the forest, after looting the knocked out bodies.

"All but two of us are down, we should stick together and rescue the rest then escape immediately."(Mayo)

"I- damn it!"(Senjin)

Fires of rage roared deep inside me. Not again...

"ok"(Senjin)

------

Reiko POV

"are, are we safe?"(Reiko)

"We should be"(Cheryl)

They all disappeared, gone, away. All I heard was the branches rustling and then just silence. We took the opportunity, crawling away till we got to a safe spot. Sitting next to a stream, tears streaming down my face. A throbbing agonizing sensation on my ankle. Dirt and grime mixed with a crimson red. 

Nothing kept me distracted, feeling nothing but the hellish feeling. 

I- I can't, please STOP! 

"Ire I campt, stop, STOP NOW!"(Reiko)

Shaky hiccups in between my words, air coming out of my mouth, unstable. I- I don't want to do this! I can't! I really don't want to. I wish I was stronger, I'm sorry Kana for being weak that I can't even keep it together. 

"I'm sorry... that I- I- I'm sorry! Kanma! I can't do this, I can't..."(Reiko)

"Shh... shh... shh... Deep breaths Reiko, deep breaths."(Cheryl)

There was a gentle graze on my back. My heart eased a little, beating quickly but slower than before. Making eye contact, I stared into her emerald eyes, gentle and soft like always.

Her head turned down, looking into my, my wound. Drooping to a frown, her eyebrows creased looking at the gash. Her face said it all, as if it was speaking to me. There was nothing she could do. It was hopeless. Incapacitated, weak and unable to even walk. Cheryl can't help me, there- there was nothing I can-

w- wait!

Biting my lips, wincing through my pain, grabbing onto the wooden bit of the arrow I pulled it out. Immediately a surge of harrowing torture ran through my body. In shock, my body shook as if being tased. Cheryl looked at me, eyes wide open mouth agape. 

"Wh- what are you doing!?"(Cheryl)

Quickly she moved to my side, frantically looking around for something. 

I ignored, moving my hand closer to the tear. Light amounts of mana poured into it, it was life magic. The wound didn't heal immediately, but the pain eased. A wave of relief all throughout my body.

Slowly the blood dripping down stopped. A whole minute had past, and while I still felt terrible, the wound was mostly healed up. Bits and pieces of red skin showed; getting up still a great difficulty. 

The pain receding to nothing, Cheryl help me get up... wobble up. 

"owch..."(Reiko)

Even though it was fine for the most part, the rest of my body still wasn't up to par. But that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Ever since reincarnating, I haven't been done anything, I can't protect myself let alone my sister. I need others.

I'm not sure if I can do this, even if I have all the magic in the world, I don't use it.

...

Too scared, too worried to mess up leading to doing nothing at all...

...

Hah...

I guess, it wasn't expected. Falling down onto the ground, I took a breather.

"Reiko dear?"(Cheryl)

"yes?"(Reiko)

Cheryl floated next to me, gazing at me with a smile.

"Can you walk? Are you fine?"(Cheryl)

Wiggling my ankle and looking back at Cheryl, I simply nodded up and down.

"Well then, we should run, I can hear footsteps near."(Cheryl)

"Oh, yeah."(Reiko)

She told me with a smile, I responded by getting up and, GETTING THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

Forming a tree from the ground, I made a barrier between me and the enemies, that should buy me some time. My feet got wet and I almost slipped running across the stream. It wasn't the best idea, running on wet stone, but but, there was no other choice okay! 1you could've ran along the bank. -Cheryl, Sh- shaddup! -Reiko, >:( rude -Cheryl

I was running as fast as I could, but not much distance was covered, cursed these tiny legs! Heart throbbing, breathing becoming difficult. It- it seems like my stamina is near zero. 

"...ko!..."

"hey!...."

"...ap... out..."

Closing my eyes, I could hear their roars behind me, muffled and undecipherable. Maybe my mind was clouded by panic or maybe they were that far away to hear anything. As the wind whisked- the wind... there's no wind WHERE'S THE WIND!?

Opening my eyes I saw- huh? When did I get so tall, no... I didn't grow2sadly -Reiko I- I was floating, ah AH! My legs were frantically flailing in the air becoming a blur. 

Panic panic panic panic Hueh!

Something that felt like a mallet or hammer banged on my head. 

"Sheesh calm down."(Mayo)

Huh? 

My head turned to see the rabbit boy. With a sneer and cold eyes. Cheryl was holding me up to the air, soon letting me down. Senji was standing next to him, he's... seen better days. Body ridden with arrows, bloodied, dirty and bruised. 

"huh, what are... are you okay?"(Reiko)

"One hundred percent."(Senjin)

He said with a smirk.

"Don't lie Senjin, that would do nothing."(Mayo)

A toothy grin he scratched the back of his head. 

Looking at him, he was riddled with arrows. How could he do it? Bloodied and injured all over. I could barely stand with just one to the ankle but him, he was smiling while looking like he's at death's door. He, he was a beast... wow, that's just, how can someone be that tough? Strong? 

...

That's doesn't matter right now, I should heal him up immediately.

"d- do you mind if- if I... here..."(Reiko)

Extending my arms I released mana, his wounds healed up with haste, there was a look of wonder on his face. Albeit the arrows had to be removed manually, his wounds soon disappeared. His injuries healed quickly, faster than mine, I wonder if healing factor or severity has something to do with it. Maybe, I used different amounts? No that can't be possible, I remember using the same amount for both times. 

It's no time to think about this, not right now.

"Wh- where is everyone else or is just you two?"(Reiko)

"Seems like everyone's been captured or something, there were more people than we expected-"(Mayo)

"Wow, you could've done that?"(Senjin)

"y- yeah..."(Reiko)

Senjin exclaimed in shock, cutting off the rabbit boy. His excitement grew fast and erupted just as fast like a volcano. His face was childlike with wonder but there were still tints of insanity that lingered. Eyes that were innocent, yet were tinged with a glow only mad scientists would have. 

"You know what this means?"(Senjin)

"hah, god damnit"(Mayo)

"n- no..."(Reiko)

Giggling and laughing, sitting up, straightening his back, he said.

"I have an idea."(Senjin)

I don't have any thoughts or ideas for this author's note, any suggestions, opinions, criticisms on how I should write better or just what you think about the story so far? I'll mention this is really long story but you knew that.

I have like, four arcs planned out after this one, each one varying in length and planning.

10