PROLOGUE (3)
52 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter3

From a bird's eye view, one could see the colors green and red grouped on one side while the color blue stood on the other.

The soldiers gathered on the battlefield, numbered up to 3 million. 1.5 million soldiers for each side.

The soldiers were divided into groups depending on the weapons they were using.

The Melee unit used the Axe and the Horseman's picks.  

A.N(Bloody)

 The Blade unit used the Daggers, Knives, Swords, and Messer.  

A.N(sheesh)

The polearm unit used the Halberd, Lance, Military Fork, or Pitchforked.   

A.N(This was for picking up people.)

And finally, the archers and the artillery unit used Bows, Slingshots, Battering rams, Catapult, Trebuchet, and Ballista.  

A.N(David and Goliath situation here.)

Each unit had its leadership system which prevented confusion among the forces.

The Omaha and Mesad soldiers were working together perfectly. They had no arguments among them and no hatred existed among them.

It seemed the soldiers understood the importance of their alliance. They knew if they didn't do so, they would all be wiped out before they knew what was going on.

In the end, being alive was the main mindset of every soldier as they head into battle.

A.N(But the Vikings thought otherwise, they believed if they fought hard and died in battle they would go to VALHALLA. A place of rest and enjoyment forever. To me, the Vikings were the perfect, suicide squad because they can die and kill without any hesitation. Hmm what religion can do.)

AN ORDINARY SOLDIER POV

I am in the blade unit of the alliance and would be charging in after, a pathway has been created by our advancing team.

To be honest I am sick and tired of this stupid war. I am afraid to die just like that.

I don't want to die like an ant or like any common insect you will see outside. 

I also have goals and dreams as every person would have.

I remember my mum feeding me with her breast milk and sending me to bed when scared at night.

I remember all the hard work I invested into my studies and the rearing of my goats.

Finally, my biggest regret is not tasting the sweet nectar of a closed room before coming to my death.  

A.N(Only real men of culture would understand this.)

I don't understand why God would allow someone's one-second move to just end my 20 years of living. I just don't understand someone please help me here. Please.

A.N( I agree with this guy. I also don't understand how someone's 1-second move would just kill a person who has been living for ages. That is why they say"It is easier to destroy something than create it")

Now Back to the field of play.

The soldiers were now facing each other, one could see the frustration and fear on each other's faces.

With a huge drum beat, the soldiers began to dash towards each other.

The artillery unit fired their weapons into the air striking down people on each side.

The arrows pierced the eyes, mouth, ears, and heads of the soldiers.

"Argh, Argh, Argh,…" Became a familiar sound on the battlefield. Soldiers whose friends had been shot down by these artilleries, couldn't do anything because if they did. They would be killed by the enemy within a second.

They just kept on running towards the enemies' lines while watching their friends being slaughtered.

THE ORDINARY SOLDIER POV

I am back again and I want to tell you guys I am still alive at this moment. 

Even though, I didn't expect this myself. A few of my friends have fallen victims to these arrows. And I can't do anything about that, because it's every man for himself.

Someone might say I am heartless but that is what, war is all about. As I was running I bumped into a foe and managed to block his advances with my sword.

When he realized I wasn't ready to die easily, he bought out knives and threw them at me.

When I saw these knives coming at me, it was too late, so I decided to block all those knives using my hands.

When these knives pierced into my flesh, I felt great pain. The pain I was going through right now was great but I had to protect my life.

I removed these knives from my cut and charged towards that asshole like a mad man.

When I got closer to him, I slash my sword but he blocked it perfectly.

I walked back thrice and dash again, and as I was about to slash again. I took out a knife and threw it at him. I targeted his eyes but before the knife could make contact with his eyes.

He caught the knife with ease, I knew I wasn't good at that style of fighting but I still believed in my luck.

If he was able to block that attack without breaking a sweat. Then that could only mean he was good at fighting.

I now began to shake with fear when I finally realized how good he was. I knew my death was now inevitable but what he told me shocked me.

"I would like you to join my men do you accept." He said smiling.

But is this man for real, how can you make an offer to your enemy in the middle of a battle.

I knew I was desperate but I was no fool. I would fight for my mom and my alliance.

"No sir, I would fight for everything that seems right to me."

With that, I dashed towards him again and swung my sword but he blocked it with a sword in one hand.

When he noticed I was struggling, he punched me in the face with a lot of force and power. Instantly blacking me out.

When I managed to regain my consciousness, I was on a pile of bodies. And my mouth was filled with blood.

I think I lost a lot of teeth there and also I couldn't talk but just moan as the fighting around me intensified.

When I managed to look up ahead I didn't see the man again. I felt relieved because the one who imposed a threat to my life was no more there.

I pretended to continue lying on the dead bodies to save myself.

As hours passed by, the bodies piled up into a huge heap, and no one realized I was in there. 

I was so happy to have finally found I safe spot.

Before sunset, drums were hit hard to signal the end of the battle for the day.

When everyone heard this drum, they stopped fighting immediately and began to head towards their camps.

I also did the same but before reaching there, saw a huge arrow appear Infront of my stomach.

I couldn't say anything, just cough out blood. What I hated the most happened to me and that was that one-second kill.

As I fell on my knees, no one came to my aid. I was about to die, just like any common insect you would see around you at home and no one cared.

Mom, please forgive me for wasting your time. Please am so sorry, I could not come back home. Please forgive me.

I am sure, those in power were enjoying themselves while the ordinary soldier died.

"Argh, Argh, Argh, Argh, Argh, Argh" I managed to scream out before dying like an insect.

MY LIFE WAS A WASTE

---

A mother in a village in the Mesad Empire began to wail because her son had just died.

No one had told her but she felt it through the bond she shared with her son.

A.N( The life of  an extra in a story. Hmmm.)

5