PROLOGUE (4)
47 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A DAGGER

Chapter 4

The battle today had caused great losses to both sides. Each side suffered a loss of about a 150,000 soldiers.

Croak,  Croak, Croak.

Were sounds heard on the battlefield as crows and other scavengers feasted on the dead bodies?

Each camp also had its fair share of injured soldiers. 

"Argh, Argh, Argh"  

"Mommy"  

"Daddy"  

""Please slow down, Sorry, Sorry."

Became sounds that could be heard at all treatment centers at the various camps.

A.N( Grown-up men turn into small children because of small scratches. Hahaha. War isn't a good thing at all.)

The soldiers who weren't injured in battle waited patiently for their little scraps of food.

An outsider could see that the food given to the soldiers was just a diluted soup filled with vegetables and grass.

After drinking their soups, all soldiers in both camps had this depressed and regretful look on their faces as they went to sleep. 

Their only thought was surviving in the upcoming battle and the hope of seeing their family safely.

While the ordinary soldiers led miserable lives, the high ranking officials and emperors were having the time of their lives.

The alliance emperors and officials were going through their daily routine of rape and abuse.

While at the Sweet camp, the emperor and his officials were playing a game of chess.

Every emperor was living in bliss and happiness. They drank good wine, ate good food, and satisfied their lust to the fullest.

But who could blame them, they were born into royalty and riches and nothing could change that.

They didn't know, the sufferings of an ordinary person or soldier, and they didn't experience some of their sufferings.

So why would, they care. They weren't at fault, it was the system that they came to meet which made it so.

The system needs to be destroyed to let them know. If the system isn't destroyed, they would never know about their suffering.

A.N(People always complain of their presidents and leaders for not taking notice of their pain. But is it their fault, some don't know and you can't blame them. What the people need to do is to change that perception and begin to work hard for what they believe in.  

As the saying goes"Heavens help those who help themselves."

Croak, Croak, Croak 

These sounds made by the roosters signified the arrival of a new day.

A new day always signified hope but for these miserable soldiers, it only meant their deaths.

Some soldiers were reluctant to get up but they were forced to by those in charge.

Soldiers from alliance camps got into their positions with miserable faces but the Sweets had a confident aura among them.

The Sweet's Emperor decided to change their game plan by changing their strategy. And that was mixing the weapons units to help compliment each other.

For example;  

![](cats)1\. The Blade unit and the blunt unit were merged.

A.N( I didn't add the blunt unit and I am so sorry for that. This unit uses the Club, Masse, Warhammer.) 

2\. The artillery unit also now had some soldiers from the blade unit support them.

3\. Finally, the Sweets emperor special forces were added to all the merged units. This unit used animals to fight.  

These animals were trained to eat and fight enemy soldiers. These animals were dogs, War pigs, and War Elephants.

With this new arrangement, the Sweet army looked well balanced compared to the alliance army.

CLANG, CLANG, CLANG, CLANG.

Were sounds that could be heard from the Sweets army. This act of theirs boosted their morale before heading into battle.

Badum, Badum, Badum.

With these drum beats the second day of the war had officially begun.

Same as yesterday, the artillery unit fired their weapons into the air, which shot down enemies from both sides. 

But for the Sweets, they suffered fewer losses because. They didn't rush in like yesterday, they pretended to run into the enemy but they stopped at a point where the arrows won't hit them. A simple but smart move.

But for the alliance, they fell like leaves on a tree during the Autumn Season.

The alliance army's morale was crushed in an instant. It seems they had no more will to fight.

The animals in the special unit were deployed and they began to feast on the soldiers. The alliance soldiers tried to fight back but they couldn't.

Even if they did fight back against the animals, they would be shot down by the Sweets arrows.

This day's battle was completely against the alliance soldiers. They just didn't have a counter attack for the Sweets.

But when all hope was lost, a commander in the alliance army came out to address the soldiers.

"SOLDIERS OF THE ALLIANCE, WHY AREN'T YOU FIGHTING BACK. WHY ARE YOU LETTING THOSE SWEETS DEFEAT YOU. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR PROMISES? HAVE YOU ALREADY FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOUR HOMELAND?  

HAVE YOU I DARE YOU? HAVE YOU?  

IF NOT PICK UP YOUR WEAPONS AND FIGHT BACK."

After the commander's speech, the morale of the alliance soldiers rose to the heavens.

They began to fight back and their artillery unit also fired many arrows and stones into the Sweet's SOLDIERS.

Whoever was in their range was killed without even fighting back. The war was quickly turning into the favor of the alliance. 

When the Sweets emperor realized this he got up from his throne and headed for the battlefield.

He stood on high ground and began to address his army.

"MY DEAR COMRADES PICK UP YOUR SWORDS AND WEAPONS AND FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. IF YOU DON'T FIGHT BACK WE WOULD ALL DIE HERE SO PLEASE FIGHT BACK. FIGHT UNTIL YOUR LAST BREATH, FIGHT UNTIL YOU CAN STAND NO MORE. FIGHT UNTIL YOUR SOUL GIVES OUT. FIGHT FOR ME AND FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS. FIGHT MY FRIENDS FIGHT."

As soon as the emperor finished talking an enemy's arrow was shot at him but before the arrow could strike him. 

One of the soldiers pushed the Emperor out of the way and took the hit, killing the man instantly. 

When the emperor saw he got closer to the man and closed the man's open eyes to signify the respect he had for him.

"SOLDIERS I COMMAND YOU TO ANNIHILATE THEM WITHOUT ANY SHRED OF MERCY"

With that, the emperor went back to his tent smiling devilishly.

The attempted murder, the speech, and the scene the soldiers' witnessed encouraged them to fight back.

Soldiers from both sides fought relentlessly until they heard the drum beats which signified the end of the war.

BADUM, BADUM , BADUM. 

A.N( So who is the antagonist and protagonist now?)

5