Chapter 8
472 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8

Recap

After that, he grabbed my shirt and lifted me up. A look of contempt flashed through his eyes as he said

"Look at you. Do you really think you can take all these villains on with this, I'll tell you something, among high-tier villains, I'm only at the bottom of the barrel?"

Looking into his gaze fearlessly, I say, "I'll kill them no matter what."

He looked at me with disappointment, and then a ruthless expression flashed through his eyes. and says, "Let me ask you a question instead. If there was a civilian in danger and a villain who was undefeatable appeared, what would you do? You can't beat the villain, but you will die if you try to protect a civilian. If you lie, I'll kill you. "

Without hesitation, I say, "I'll leave the civilian and kill the villain."

____________________________________________________________________________

However, before I can even finish, he crouches down and puts his hands on my face, and speaks.

"You all disgust me. Those naive thoughts will just get you killed. I said it earlier: you can't beat the villain. "

"Said who? If the odds are against me, I'll just surpass them. Nothing absolute, I'll save the civilians and kill the villain. "

"That's idiotic. If you are weak, then you should do a weak person's job and don't try to sacrifice your life. Trying to be strong and be something you are not will only hurt you in the end." As Dabi says this, a trace of melancholy flashes through his eyes.

"I don't care about that; I'm not going to sacrifice my life because I'll kill the villain. The people need to be protected, and who's going to do it? The villains are the aggressors, so they can't, and the heroes who are supposed to do it are corrupt and should suffer the same fate as the villains. Or the good ones are too self-interested and don't have ambition.

They protect and save people from time to time, but they only think of it as a passing job, they put in no effort, and as a result, so many civilians get injured. So, I'll do it, even if I'm weak, even if I'm not their match or yours. Since I can't beat you, I'll just take you down with me. That way, even if I die, I'll still get rid of one danger and scum. "

Looking into his gaze fearlessly, I'm soon puzzled since astonishment and another meaning flicker through his gaze before he suddenly drops me, interrupting my preparation for "that" move.

"Hm. That's your goal, and you are an interesting one. If that's the case, then I'll give you an opportunity to completely kill me, scum of society. Come fight me."

Dabi then jumps back and gets into a fighting stance. I'll grasp any chance at killing villains, no matter how small, so I charge at him with my fist coated in flames.

As we're fighting, his voice appears, but this time instead of a hostile sound, he seems to have a teaching tone.

He grabbed my fist with his own palm covered in flames and said, "#1 Knowledge is key in a fight. You need to maximize every benefit you can, so master your own abilities." Your quirk and flames may be strong, but no quirk is unbeatable, only a person is. "

He then grabbed my fist with his palm, but surprisingly he wasn't burned. Then he kicked me far away.

After I got up, I saw him dashing towards me, so I ran up to meet him. After that, he says, "#2 Know your enemy, know yourself, and you'll never lose a battle." Before, I said, "Know yourself and now know your enemy.

You know that I can block your fist, but you continue doing the same thing, allowing me to control the flow of the battle and decide when and where to strike. "

He then easily shrugged off my attack. Then he dusted himself off and said, in a provocative manner, "Come."

After that, we continued fighting, with him "teaching" me methods on how to improve my strength.

"#4….."

"#5….."

"#6….."

After some time, I get extremely tired, Panting, I wobble but am able to barely stand up. Dabi walks over and, seeing the determination in my eyes, says, "You know you can't kill me. Every time I come close to you, you come to a halt and the temperature rises abruptly.

I guess this is a do-or-die technique that you have. It is truly admirable, but you know that I can do it right. Do you really want to die an ignorant death, or do you want to learn from my "teachings" and grow stronger, then eventually kill me and many more? "

Dabi laid out the bait for me to take, trying to make me take it. But the worst part was that it was true.

'I really can't kill him. If he knows "that," then I'll just die an unjust death.'

I decided to listen and say, "Fine, I'll let you off this time, but before I leave. Tell me why you are doing this. "

I've been puzzled ever since he suddenly decided to change from "he'll kill me" to "he'll teach me."

Dabi seems to be pondering it. "Why should I tell you?" He says this with a playful smile. However, behind that smile, I sense deceit and coldness.

I am filled with determination, so I say, "You've been telling me ways to improve and get stronger. You must have your reasons, but from your words, I can tell, you want me to kill more villains, so I say this.

Unexpectedly to Dabi, I kneel down and place my forehead against the ground, "Tell me why you are helping so I can get stronger and SURPASS YOU."

Dabi was speechless. 'Did this kid just tell me he wants me to assist him in surpassing me?'

Suddenly, Dabi couldn't hold it and all of his laughter came out at once. This kid is hilarious. Okay, kid, you're right. I want you to get immensely stronger, so I'll start it off like this: Let me tell you a story. "

" There was a boy, who was run ragged and used for someone else's success. However, he was a defector.

When the perfect one, someone who could do the job of becoming the ultimate image of perfection, better than the boy appeared, the boy was tossed to the side. After all, he was only a defect. Not comparable to the new "perfect" child.

The boy craved effect and tried all sorts of ways to use and prove his usefulness, so he could be sought after, but this only further proved to the person he wanted acknowledgment from that he was a failure.

So, the boy embarked on the path of no return, and I see the boy in you. You fight not just because of what you say but also because you're angry. You want revenge and so you fight. The difference between you and a villain is that you have your morals.

I see it in your eyes. Even though you have the thought of hatred, and revenge against this world in your mind, you still don't give in to your hatred, instead you form a new goal. "Eradicate all scum and villains, and protect the people."

I find you interesting, so I'm going to assist you in your gain of strength, and hopefully, you can provide a brand-new story. I hope with all my strength that you can resist and not be swept up in the embers of revenge like that boy.

13