Chapter 019: Taming Humans?
1.4k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

In the solitary world of shadows, a pair of beasts moved swiftly. The hindrance of the real world was eliminated, and movements became efficient.

In the Shadow Path, Tian Lang’s body maintained a floating state. Despite not having any aerial experience, he could move and run comfortably here.

The Shadow Path wasn’t exactly straight. They seem to sway with the world, but those swaying paths emphasized maximum speed for smooth gliding movement at Tian Lang’s current state.

Above ground, if Tian Lang wished to get to the humans, he had to jump four or five times. But here, he could reach his destination by gliding and going with the flow. Even his energy consumption was reduced to a minimum level. The movements had a fascinating mystery that only enticed Tian Lang to delve more.

If the leopard hadn’t moved past him, Tian Lang would’ve forgotten about humans and immersed himself in the fascinating flows. When Tian Lang arrived before his destination, he could see countless dots here and there.

Though they still remained foggy. Even the figures were hard to outline.

Was it this hard to see?

Tian Lang tilted and looked at the leopard.

Tian Lang spent enough time with the leopard to know such a thing couldn’t be right. It moved in the shadows swiftly and even attacked as if it could clearly perceive everything from shadows.

Tian Lang jumped from the shadow path and found himself in the middle of humans and wolves. A wolf pounced above his head, and another petite wolf beside him slipped past the gap of a shield and bit the leg of a human Mercenary.

Ahhh!

A few humans and wolves also noticed Tian Lang’s arrival. However, the wolves avoided Tian Lang instinctively.

Tian Lang looked nothing less than commander in the battlefield and in the pack, definitely the Alpha.

Tian Lang blinked.

This situation got him feeling surreal.

He felt ignored...

No one ignored him like this. No one!

WooooO!

Tian Lang howled and was about to dive towards his same race, not that he had any sense of descent or anything. Though, for some reason, all the wolves sat on the ground. Even though the humans attacked them, they dared not move.

The sudden howl surprised both the humans and wolves. However, the next action of the wolves surprised humans more. The wolves obediently sat on the ground.

Even so, the most surprised of the lot was indeed Tian Lang.

He had prepared himself for a good hunt. It’s been a while since he had fought with a pack of beasts but the atmosphere was capable enough to stop him.

All the wolves stared at him as if they were waiting for his orders. They had their heads lowered and dared not meet his eyes. These wolves acted more like Human Servants Tian Lang had seen in the Yue Villa.

With his new idea, Tian Lang barked.

Woof!

Along with his bark, Tian Lang raised his paw.

His intention or order was clear.

However, some wolves only tilted their heads, while the rest dared not budge.

...

Well, that was awkward and... shameful.

However, Tian Lang felt nothing. No, that would be wrong; he felt a kindling rage for some reason.

So, with anger filling his throat, he barked.

Woo-uh!

Instantly, the wolves rolled on their position, and some directly ran to the forest.

Tian Lang mused at the weird action of these foolish wolves.

Not like this great me can expect a lot from these pitiful creatures.

Anyway, his target wasn’t to kill some random mobs and accumulate a bit of crystal. Not to mention, the crystals from weak beasts were worthless, and they couldn’t even get his blood running.

Suddenly, The area became empty of the beasts, and only Tian Lang and the humans remained.

Had it not been for the blood and corpses littered around, it would be hard to believe that multiple packs of wolves fought here.

Meanwhile, the present humans found the sudden series of bizarre situations too hard to follow.

First, packs of wolves surrounded their camp. The feeling of impending death still lingered in their heart. They had long lost two of their experienced and two young brothers and three summoning beasts.

The strength of the wolves barely flinched the group but the overwhelming number cornered them thoroughly. Had they not scattered suddenly, aside from the summoners they had to protect, everyone had their fate decided.

Still, they had yet to know whether the scattering packs were a blessing or not. For all that mattered, this pup could be a devil in disguise. Else, why would the wolves flee so fiercely?

The situation around the former camp became unusually tense. Even the little human among the group dared not act rashly. For all they knew, the next breath might be their last.

Tian Lang was also in a peculiar situation. He just saved them. He saved the humans. He felt leaving like this would complicate things, or even make him look weak. These pitiful humans might think that the great Tian Lang ran away because he feared some mere humans!

Naturally, his pride won’t let such a presumptuous thought to continue!

So, he held his head high and waited there.

Not that he had a better idea.

As for what he waited for, that was naturally for a change.

Even if he did nothing, something was bound to change.

After all, living with humans for a while Tian Lang understood that humans were impatient. Though he had yet to learn that humans were not as impatient as himself.

As the young dog... wolf. As the young wolf indulged in self-praise and narcissism, time ticked slowly. Finally, one of the young humans, the one of the two with a Grimoire, asked the veteran mercenary, “Uncle Albar, do you think this is a powerful beast.”

Uncle Albar didn’t let down its guard. It remained vigilant and whispered back after careful judgment, “Actually no. Even though it looks like a bronze grade Moonlight Wolf pup, I think it’s a mutated pup of a different bloodline. It should at least be a Silver Ranked pup!”

“Silver Rank!” the young human almost shouted. A hint of excitement flashed on the human’s eyes. “Then, then, I can try to contract it! I’ll have a silver rank beast! I don’t even have a bronze tier beast!”

When Uncle Albar heard the human’s word, it replied in both shock and fear, “Oh my grandpa, if you want to die don’t drag us along with you!”

“Come on! There’s no danger. The packs fled long ago. We only have to snatch the benefit. Can’t you see, it's a Silver Ranked pup! It has the potential to reach the Gold Rank! Gold Rank! You know that right? Even the royalties won’t spare any effort to get their hands on those! Imagine those hundreds of thousands of gold coins!”

Uncle Albar began to hesitate, the offer stroke every point a mercenary could wish. A chance to capture a Silver Rank beast, a future gold rank beast. Uncle Albar knew he could not get that Silver Rank beast but if they were to sell that. Even buying a Level 5 Bronze Rank beast wouldn’t be a dream. Plus the extra golds...

Noticing Uncle Albar hesitating, the other young human with a grimoire spoke sweetly, “Uncle, I read in a book that strong wolves abandon their offspring to survive in harsh conditions from a young age. It should be the case here as I can’t sense any strong presence nearby. Can we please?”

Uncle Albar hesitated slightly more but decided to give in. Some things couldn’t be achieved with experience alone. For Uncle Albar knew these two young humans possessed better spirit energy and more knowledge than himself. If it was to contract with that probable Silver Ranked pup, those two had the highest chance of success.

On a rare occasion, if that human failed to form the contract, they could still capture the pup by wearing it down.

The first young human to speak instructed the latter, “Milani, you need experience, try it this time.”

“Thank you, Brother. I love you a lot~” Milani nodded happily. It rummaged through the carriage and took out a scroll. As it sauntered past the half-destroyed campfire, pieces of cooked meats caught its attention. Thinking of a Brilliant plan, it took a cooked rabbit and slightly dusted it off.

When Milani took a step out of the encirclement, fear finally crept onto its heart. Gulping slightly, it looked back and saw its brother’s cheerful urging, which for some reason, felt unsettling. At least the lack of reaction from the pup was reassuring.

With false bravado, Milani stepped forward and offered Tian Lang the dusted and cooked rabbit meat.

“Heh, you never saw any cooked meat, right? Eat this tasty piece, and let me form a contract with you.” Milani said in a funny tone that definitely implied I know you can’t understand but obey me anyway.

Looking at the thrown rabbit meat, Tian Lang frowned. It was true that he hadn’t eaten cooked meat, not because he never saw any. It was because Lady Xian insisted on stating that it was bad for his mental health.

Now, what was that supposed to mean?

Obviously, Tian Lang won’t obey such nonsensical rules. Once Yue Yang sneaked a fragrant piece of brown chicken leg. However, they were still caught, and the end result was nasty enough that Tian Lang dared not reminiscence.

Thinking again, why did he live inside that terrifying villa for so long?

As for forming a contract?

Bah!

Ridiculous!

You don’t even have fleshy mounds on your chest! Tian Lang vehemently reprimanded.

Even the creatures with great fleshy mounds favored him!

If Tian Lang could share his thoughts, that human would definitely cry back to its nest!

Even a genius such as itself had its value determined by its fleshy mounds!

As for the meat on the ground, Tian Lang didn’t even spare a glance. Living with humans changed certain parts of his habits, such as preferring a warm place to sleep, liking to be clean, and also becoming pickier. Though, the foolish pup still remained foolish. With his attention slipping away, a scroll flew at him but he didn’t panic and carefully let the light envelop him.

As expected, familiar words flashed in his mind.

[In accordance with the Ancient Laws, Unknown Creature, [Tian Lang] is deemed as a contractible entity.
Level 2 [Braveman] Summoner: Jin Milani wishes to forcefully tame you.
Your level and willpower is higher than the summoner.
Do you wish to establish the contract?]

Tian Lang felt there was some change in the content but he couldn’t quite point it out. More importantly, this wasn't the human language or the demon language Tian Lang learned of.

He couldn’t figure out why he could understand them. It was an ambiguous feeling. Like how you breathe, but you don’t need to know how you do it, he understood those exquisite letters precisely the same way.

Being the mighty pup he was, he naturally bothered not to ponder such useless things.

He saw the scroll already stopped emitting white light. Yet, the letters in his mind remained persistent.

Feeling playful, he sent his intent, For Crystal sake, no!

Only then the violet letters faded away. For another occasion, Tian Lang had long realized that as long as he even thought to dismiss it, those words would disappear. The two previous experiences at least told him that much.

As Tian Lang sent a dismissive glance at the scroll, his eyes suddenly glowed.

Hah!

Tian Lang gasped in shock and wonder.

Maybe!

I can finally capture these pesky humans!

Tian Lang almost felt stupid to ignore such a crucial detail, yet he praised himself for being a great and genius observer.

He bit the hard part of the scroll, and without bothering to give it a look, he sent it flying to the slightly despondent human.

Unfortunately, the scroll did not flash white. It even fell six meters away from the human while the distance between the human and Tian Lang was only three meters...

“Pfft...

“Fuh~

“Hahaha~ Little Tian, I think you became a little intelligent. But really, this? Haha~ Your knowledge and wisdom need some serious work~.”

 

Guess who's that? Well, it's not even hard.

32