Chapter 029: Demon? Prince Charming?
786 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“You guys, aren’t you tired of doing this yet?” Yue Bing stared at the group in anger.

At that moment, Yue Bing felt extreme helplessness. It did not know what it had done wrong. Allowing them to suppress it like this, after entering Tong Tian Tower, they never stopped creating trouble for it.

They were Yue Bing’s own teammates, its own schoolmates. When the teacher was around, they were courteous, but once the teacher left, they would immediately show their hypocritical faces…

They didn’t work hard to make themselves better. They kicked Yue Bing out of the team, sent mercenaries inside the Blackstone Labyrinth, and now, they were surrounding it to attack.

“What could you be talking about?” A skinny long-faced, haughty human came out from the team and shamelessly sniggered at Yue Bing, “I’m sorry, but we don’t know anything about this. We just miss Yue Bing, and we’d like to compare notes with you.”

“Do you think I’m oblivious to your despicable means? After you kicked me out of the squad, you hired mercenaries to interrupt my refining. Now you are here again!” Yue Bing was fuming with rage. If the pup Tian Lang hadn’t joined it, Yue Bing would’ve suffered a great loss.

As they were arguing, Shen Tu Hao added impatiently, “Enough bullshit. You’ve already made me lose plenty, but I don’t lack money and challenge cards. You can reject it if you want to. I’m not sure if you’ll be able to go without a fight though, hahaha~”

In Tong Tian Tower, as long as someone picked a fight, a warrior would have to fight after rejecting it ten times every day. Otherwise, their battle points would be cut. Once the battle points became negative, the warrior would be chased out of Tong Tian Tower, the expelled person would have to complete at least ten courageous missions in order to return to Tong Tian Tower.

More seriously, if it was a warrior with a summoned grimoire, once the battle points dropped too low, it would also reduce the grade of the grimoire.

Thanks to Tian Lang, Yue Bing was able to avoid rejecting many challenges, but now, its own team members were provoking it.

If Yue Bing did not fight, they would either keep using challenge cards or humiliate Yue Bing along with its family. No matter what, Yue Bing wouldn’t let that happen.

It could lose or die, but Yue Bing definitely wouldn’t humiliate its family.

Protecting its family was its greatest desire.

Yue Bing kept its burning anger in check and summoned its grimoire. Then, it summoned its Guardian Beast, the newly evolved Silver-ranked Level 2 Hundred Year Treant Guard.

“I...”

Three-on-three battles were originally a very fair battle strategy. But to the lone Yue Bing, who was kicked out of the team, it was an unfair fight. They were using the loopholes of this rule to make Yue Bing suffer.

“Heh, I heard the rumored pup was following you. Why don’t I see it? Oh, it couldn’t be that you failed to contract it? Haha, as expected of the trash’s sister, you're trash as well.” The lanky human remembered the reason Shen Tu Hao had lost so much money and immediately criticized.

Tian Lang watched everything with calm eyes as he played with Yue Bing’s Grimoire’s Halo Shield. The mechanisms behind Halo Shields were so complex that even now Tian Lang couldn’t understand them. Just now, he entered and exited the shield yet, he could do so even now.

So, the requirement is to be a human? Weird~...

Even if he had a humanoid form–a Holy Beast–he was a beast. Grimoire and Laws of Tong Tian Tower should be able to detect that, right?

As for everything happening with Yue Bing, he bothered not. If Yue Bing couldn’t deal with it and died because of the laws of Tong Tian Tower, his secret would remain a secret forever!

But Tian Lang’s strange behavior caught the opposing team’s eyes and they instantly attacked verbally, “Oh, who’s that clown. Pfft, since you failed to contract the pup, did you get a gigolo? You shameless widow, today we’ll expose your true face to the world!” Shen Tu Hao rightfully proclaimed.

The expressionless Tian Lang froze. Did these puny, brainless, worthless, and moundless humans call him a clown and gigolo?

What does clown and gigolo mean anyway?

“SHUT UP! Don’t you dare drag him in this!” Yue Bing, who bore even the harshest insults, suddenly flared up as soon as they involved Tian Lang in their insults. “Shen Tu, you have a grudge against me, come at me. I don’t know why you are doing this, but if you want to fight, let’s make it a one-on-one and let everyone’s wins or losses depend on our own talent. If you lose, don’t find me ever again, and if I lose, I’ll disappear from your sights.”

From Yue Bing’s expression, nothing good.

“I’m sorry, the challenges were suggested by Xu Xian. It doesn’t concern me.” Shen Tu Hao nonchalantly replied.

“Quit talking nonsense. Yue Bing, you can reject the three-on-three battle. Though, I don’t know if you and that gigolo can go without any harm.” Xu Xian sniggered.

“Then fine, let’s fi–” the usual calm and peaceful Yue Bing was out for blood, but suddenly, a hand patted Yue Bing’s head.

“Little Bing, since they want some fun, why not I entertain them?” Tian Lang mimicked human behavior as he spoke in a familiar tone–a peaceful tone that the human with the biggest fleshy-mounds spoke.

The furious Yue Bing instantly turned to a chicken. It nodded, recalled the Hundred Year Treant Guard, and stepped to the side.

Yue Bing didn’t worry about Tian Lang. Even if he was at his weakest, he could kill everyone with just one finger. The rumors about warriors from the higher floors were that horrifying. Only it requested Tian Lang from not killing them, which in turn confused him.

I thought killing was not allowed in the Tong Tian Tower? Ah, I’m a beast, so I can kill without any consequences. Fuck, this human is trying to reveal my secret!

In order to let everyone grow, murder was prohibited from the lower floors. Murderers would be barred from entering Tong Tian Tower for ten years. Even then, they had to complete countless missions to enter again.

Tian Lang didn’t know that killing was allowed once a warrior obtained the “Judge’s Sword” from the third floor.

Besides, if Tian Lang wanted to kill, he would never do that in front of others. One of the basic rules of survival he learned from Yue Yang was, you can be different from others, but showing it might not bring the result you want.

But some experiments were allowed, right?

He had to understand whether he could fight with his bare hands or he had to rely on the Shadow Leopard. Gaining control of his body also fell on the top priority list.

He looked at Xu Xian and raised his middle finger.

The laughing Xu Xian face instantly fell as it summoned a Flame Guardian and commanded it to toss fireballs at Tian Lang.

It then took the chance and used emergency cards to invite two of its companions to join the challenge.

Oh, the taunting technique works! Tian Lang marveled as another technique he learned in his puppy days came in handy.

Xu Xian used a tactic that humans despised, causing the observing mercenaries to fall into an uproar.

This type of tactic could be said to be a well-established taboo in the Tong Tian Tower. Within the tower, there was a type of a code of assistance: When a warrior in battle was in danger, their companion could save them in such an emergency and quickly enter the battle as well. Even if it was a solo fight, support could be added in such a situation. This code prevented Rankers from suffering conditions where massive deaths occurred simply because people couldn’t help others when they committed a mistake or had a severe injury.

But the emergency cards could be used even without any danger, which Xu Xian’s group used.

Tian Lang looked at the five fireballs in disappointment. In his early days, he fought monsters that bathed in lava, this type of weak flames couldn’t even damage his furs!

And the slow-motion was already killing him.

Crystals, I will die before these fireballs can reach me.

But for once, Tian Lang didn’t go forward and decided to be patient. Since his body control was a problem, he tried to limit his strength to one-tenth.

When the fireballs reached him, he grabbed all of them with his left hand and sent the fireball flying back to Xu Xian.

But Tian Lang miscalculated Humans’ resistance. The explosion of the five jumbled fireballs tore Xu Xian’s left arm and its body burned fiercely. Luckily the fire was from the Flame Elemental, which called the fire back.

“Y-you demon! What kind of sorcery is that? What did you do?!”

Xu Xian screamed and cursed Tian Lang, but it was unknown whether its arm could be reconnected again from the burned injury. As for the scars that would remain, those were hardly any daily life problems.

However, Xu Xian wasn’t willing to bear the short end of the stick either. Enduring the pain, it summoned its strongest beast, the Evil Eyed Ghost Tooth, and requested Shen Tu Hao to assist.

Speechless, Tian Lang disdained, “Demon? Cruel? How can you say that? This was me trying to be gentle. I just lightly, very lightly, sent your attack back to you. Why are you even in the Tong Tian Tower if you can’t handle that? Weak.”

The mercenaries marveled. This young human had his way with words. Even though he fought, his words and gentle and smooth. He might curse or kill but spoke as if he was the greatest saint of the universe.

Shen Tu Hao could feel the tension in the air. It couldn’t even see what that lowly thief did. “This brother, we didn’t provoke you. Why are you interfering here? This is between the miss behind you and us. What is your relationship with the unlucky widow?” As soon as Shen Tu stopped speaking, a resounding slap took place.

The slabs on the ground shattered, and Shen Tu’s chin split apart as blood poured like crazy...

The feeling of that slap was so satisfying that Tian Lang, who had yet to master his facial expressions, had his lips stretched to a corner.

Instantly chills ran through everyone present.

Devil.

Everyone silently affirmed in their heart. Only, Yue Bing found Tian Lang’s unconscious smirk was too bright. While everyone saw a devil, Yue Bing saw its prince charming.

The opponents were already shaking. They might be wearing Shang Jing Academy’s neat uniforms and elites that had come to Refine. But they never saw such a domineering human.

Chech!

But Tian Lang wasn’t happy. He realized he lost control there. He had almost used one-seventh of his strength.

One of his experiments did succeed, though. He could use his strength to fight humans. But his habit of using full power during battles made it harder to get used to human life.

Look at Shen Tu, for instance, he only wished to give it a light slap, but it was having a seizure.

Well...

Tian Lang lightly jumped and grabbed Xu Xian’s Flame Guardian and Evil Eyed Ghost Tooth.

Rumble!

The entire area trembled.

Both the flame guardian and evil-eyed ghost tooth exploded into a bloody mess. Xu Xian’s face fell and grimaced in pain as it writhed on the ground.

“How about this? I’ll leave your legs alone. Grab that arm of yours and the one you still have. Slowly chew every part of your arms and enjoy. Then I might leave you in one piece.” Tian Lang spoke in a soothing voice, but the content made everyone present shiver.

Shameless, was he even in one piece now? He wanted Xu Xian to eat its own arms, and yet spoke about leaving in one piece!

His smirk brightened as he lightly stepped towards Xu Xian and slowly circled the other two members. They were already on their knees as a disgusting smell permeated the air.

“Ugh, you two, just lick your leaking pees.” The already sensitive to scent Tian Lang had a great time dealing with that smell. He shooed them away and turned back to Yue Bing.

“Ugh, I’m tired of beating you losers. Once you get stronger, come back. Maybe then I can break your legs properly.” He grabbed the dazed and blushed Yue Bing’s hand and dragged it out of the crowd.

Tian Lang had no plans of letting the humans go away so easily. Was he interested in seeing them lick their pee and chew their own flesh?

Obviously yes, but if possible, he would rather break their arms and legs, crush some ribs, and only then think about sparing them. But he hadn’t forgotten his identity or priority either.

During his fight, he found two pairs of eyes observing him. They came at the same time and of similar strength. He carefully observed them without arousing any suspicion. These humans were different from others.

One was a human who wore shabby clothes. It looked as ordinary as possible, but Tian Lang noticed different types of auras from that human. Both elemental and demonic aura surrounded that human, and all of them gathered in its lower region.

It even pointed a hexagonal crystal at him! So Tian Lang became even more cautious.

The other human was much more impressive.

It was a white silk-clothed human with blonde hair and impressive fleshy mounds. In its arms, a three-tailed snow fox rested comfortably. When Tian Lang saw this human, his heart skipped a beat and accelerated.

Danger? No... The feeling was so weird that Tian Lang thought he had encountered some dangerous situation. He remembered the letter and decided to get out of there right away. If he was recognized as a Holy Beast, wouldn’t they jump at him like a ferocious wolf?

The real wolf sweated at that prospect.

Rather than playing with useless humans, the secret of soft fleshy mounds was much more desirable.

 

––––––––––––

Shout out to Lorenzo for joining as a Patreon Follower.
Join my discord server which is dead and could use your presence to come to life.

If you want to support me check out my Patreon page.
You can also find the link in the novel description.
Four advanced chapters are available on Patreon.

You can find the link below or use this link: Patreon.
––––––––––––

25