Chapter 036: How to Eat A Wisdom Fruit
703 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After his first successful trade, Tian Lang reached Heaven!

Why wouldn’t he?

He won a big-time against the super soft fleshy mounded human. Was that not an achievement he could brag before he got his very own soft fleshy mounds?

With the embroidered box and pouch stored in the shadows, Tian Lang skipped like a kid. He had a Wisdom Fruit in his hand, which he threw up and caught again and again. He fiddled with it like the inner child he was.

Weirdly enough, he failed to trace any type of element from the fruit. Such a thing never happened. Even regular wild fruits had a trace of life and vitality.

Was I scammed after all...? Being so cautious as Tian Lang was of humans, he couldn’t let go of the possibility. He had no intention of going back to demand a refund, though. Don’t joke. He had barely escaped with his life. Demand a refund? Maybe three years later!

As Tian Lang contemplated whether to consume or not, a fat human approached him, “Brother, it couldn’t be a Wisdom Fruit in your hand, could it?”

It whipped out a book out of its abdomen and opened a page.

Tian Lang took a glance at the page: the subglobose fruit with knobbly skin indeed matched with the fruit in his hand. Opposite the page, there was another fruit of similar shape but bluish in color called Rainwater Fruit. It tasted sweet and had a cooling effect on the body.

Suddenly, the human lowered its voice and whispered to Tian Lang, “Brother, you can’t walk so casually with a Wisdom Fruit. How about this, give that Wisdom Fruit to me, and I’ll protect you from all dangers. I’ve always kept a low-profile, but let me tell you. I, Hai Da Fu, am a noble grimoire contractor with a Bronze ranked Level 2 Iron Rhinoceros, but I’ve never brought it up with others. If you decide to follow me, you won’t suffer!”

Tian Lang eyed the human as if he saw something interesting. After a closer look, it seemed to be the same human he saw at the gate of the Tong Tian Tower. But its face wasn’t as pale and had many gold jewelry all over its body.

More interestingly, this human had only one fleshy mound, but it surpassed anything he had ever seen. They were so soft that they wobbled with every step.

This... Could this also be a type of fleshy mound cultivation? Weird, extremely weird! This fat fleshy mound doesn’t attract me at all. Because there’s only one? A faulty type, huh?

After his last evolution, Tian Lang had yet to touch any soft fleshy mounds. He knew humans didn’t let other humans feel their fleshy mounds easily. As for a reason, only the illogical humans knew why.

Fatty Hai saw Tian Lang’s intense gaze at its stomach and instantly flaunted by pulling its cloth up, “Huh, do you also want a big, proud belly? Don’t worry, as long as you follow me, you will have one! As they say, when you live with beauties, you will be a beauty too.”

What?! Belly?! And where’s the tip on top of the fleshy mound? Why’s there a small hole? Tian Lang fumed! How dare this human trick him!

Tian Lang gave a whooping kick, sending the fatty’s entire body flying!

“When you live with idiots, you become an idiot too!” Tian Lang left the parting words while fleeing as if he had seen an idiot, and its idiocy was about to rub him off.

But did his stomach have such a hole? Tian Lang realized that he hadn’t explored his body to its entirety. Anyway, one-step-at-a-time. He pulled his shirt and observed carefully. Let alone a hole, his stomach lacked even a speck of fat—only sparkling muscles.

Hah! That useless human, making him afraid for no reason! Wouldn’t his food spill out if he had a hole in his stomach?!

Anyway, he confirmed this was indeed the Wisdom Fruit. He had no reason to delay the good deed.

Tian Lang took a large bite out of the food and chewed carefully.

“My God! Are you crazy? How dare you take a bite from the Wisdom Fruit?” The fatty who just returned felt its world turn upside down. Disbelieving everything.

“What? Someone ate a Wisdom Fruit?” A crowd quickly gathered around Tian Lang. They pitied this foolish humanoid.  Did he not know the consequence of his action?

Weird, extremely weird. Tian Lang, however, wholly immersed himself in the taste. But he felt no taste or whatsoever. Even the Chaotic Being, who tasted elements easily, found it hard to explain this profound mystery. He only had a faint feeling of being close to the earth.

So he followed his heart and laid to the ground. Weird gazes? Tian Lang never cared about them. Nobody taught him to care about others’ impressions of him.

Tian Lang took another bite, then another. He finished the Wisdom Fruit in three bites.

Even then, he failed to pinpoint what he searched for.

Just when he was disappointed, Tian Lang felt himself form a connection with something. It felt similar to the world, eternal, ever-present, or maybe, a cycle. He couldn’t tell; it was that faint.

At that time, Luo Hua City Mistress was passing by. It picked on some words such as ‘wisdom fruit,’ ‘Haiz, another fool.’

Tsk tsk. Another rich fool who wants to increase his intelligence. Luo Hua City Mistress got reminded of the same event from last time and giggled. Suddenly, it thought of the country bumpkin. He was likely to do something similar. Thankfully, he was poor and had no way to obtain something as precious as Wisdom Fruit.

But Luo Hua City Mistress suddenly stopped with a bad premonition, “It wouldn’t be that fellow, right?”

It took a look and froze. Indeed, it was that foolish country bumpkin.

Luo Hua City Mistress quickly asked around and had a general idea of what happened.

This fellow was playing with Wisdom Fruit as if it was an ordinary fruit. He then ate and fell to the ground. But Luo Hua City Mistress didn’t give up. It believed there was hope for Tian Lang by making him vomit.

By then, the faint connection had already disappeared. Tian Lang was disappointed that he couldn’t feel it properly, but his spirit felt energetic. His sense of elements also leaped by a grade.

“You–are you alright?” Luo Hua City Mistress, who was about to punch Tian Lang’s gut hard, asked worriedly when he woke up naturally. If this young human really consumed a Wisdom Fruit, wouldn’t humans lose a great deal?

“Ah! Great Luo Hua City Mistress, why are you hitting this country bumpkin?!” Tian Lang jumped behind a tree and spoke like a wronged daughter-in-law.

Luo Hua City Mistress retracted its hand and questioned in confusion, “You are fine?”

“Why would I not be fine? Where do I look wrong?” Tian Lang turned around to check whether he suddenly grew a tail or not.

“Why were you on the ground then?”

Tian Lang head spun, he suddenly kneeled and repeatedly hit the ground, “What can I do? I’m just a country bumpkin and don’t know anything about the world. A human sold me a Wisdom Fruit, but how would I know it was Rainwater Fruit? I lost my entire fortune. Now I can only eat that fruit thinking its a Wisdom Fruit, hoping to gain some intelligence.”

“Eh? What would I do with you? Be thankful that it was a Rainwater Fruit. Else, you would’ve become a retard by now!” Luo Hua City Mistress felt something was amiss, but considering it was this country bumpkin, anything could happen.

Tian Lang wanted to say that he lost a great time. He would go and jump down from the Life Suspension Bridge when a heroic voice rose from the crowd, “Who did you call a scammer again?”

This, this voice...!

Tian Lang suddenly shivered and immediately ran to the forest, but as if his movement was predicted ahead of time, a hand grabbed his shoulder tightly.

Helpless, Tian Lang turned around, only to meet the Royal Princess whom he ditched not too long ago. He gave a hollow laugh, “Ahaha!”

The Royal Princess, Qian Qian, smirked, “We met a bit too soon. Don’t you agree?”

“Exactly! We should meet sometime later, see you never!” Tian Lang said and turned around.

However, the hand on his shoulder didn’t budge. “Why the hurry? Since we met again, let’s settle our debt. First, who did you call a Wisdom Fruit scammer?”

“I-I didn’t–”

“Oh, Qian Qian, you know this Country Bumpkin?”

“Luo Hua, what are you doing here? Forget it, how do you know this liar? He exchanged the Wisdom Fruit and Lustrous Branch from Feng Rui not long ago. Now is he slandering us for scamming?” Qian Qian impatiently added.

These fleshy mounded humans knew each other?

Doomed! Tian Lang was doomed!

“I-I won’t dare. I was talking about you,” Tian Lang quickly located the fatty from the crowd and pointed at it, “Look, that human, yeah, that bloaty human, he showed me two pages. They had two similar fruits, one green, and blue. It said that the blue one is the Wisdom Fruit and the green one is Rainwater Fruit. How would I, a country bumpkin who don’t know how to read, know which is true or false? I bought one fruit for 9 gold, only to be pointed out that it was a common Rainwater Fruit! I dare not lie in front of two mighty fle–two mighty human warriors.”

“You are... lying?” Qian Qian frowned deeply. It couldn’t quite detect whether his word even had any truth or not. Giving it the same unbearable headache.

“Hey, why the uncertainty? Aren’t you supposed to be impeccable at this?” Luo Hua City Mistress questioned.

“This guy is weird. Just talking with him gives me a headache, and doesn’t he talk in a rather weird way? He uses ‘Country Bumpkin’ like he is afraid others won’t know his background.” Qian Qian listed the points Tian Lang was most worried about.

The word Country Bumpkin was really a blessing for Tian Lang. No matter what, he could just avoid everything. However, there was a term called misuse. The Chaotic Being overused the word that it became suspicious.

“He is a bit weird and even teasing, but he doesn’t hold any maliciousness.” Luo Hua City Mistress pacified. No matter what, this Country Bumpkin was a valuable human ranker.

Qian Qian whined silently and approached Fatty Hai.

Since Qian Qian couldn’t get the truth from Tian Lang, it could get that from the fatty. However, when Fatty Hai saw the armor-clad Royal Princess approaching, it was already having a seizure.

Heavens! When did its attempted deception become a full-fledged scam?

No matter what Qian Qian asked, it only stuttered with: “N-n, n-no, n...”

Naturally, it was charged guilty for being overly nervous. Qian Qian sent the fatty flying with a whooping kick nowhere less than Tian Lang’s.

Then Qian Qian gave the crowd a look, “Done watching the drama? Do your thing.”

The crowd immediately dispersed.

Giving Tian Lang a ‘you know you got lucky this time’ look, Qian Qian approached Luo Hua City Mistress, “I thought you exhausted your strength after fighting Mo Yun, what are you doing here again?”

“I was originally there to find a helper. How about it, are you free now?”

“I wish, but my Master summoned me. Sorry, call me sometime later.” Qian Qian bade farewell to Luo Hua City Mistress while warning it to be careful of Tian Lang.

Heh, so what if you are a super soft fleshy mounded human? I’m still the greatest Alpha! Tian Lang thought while exuding his useless Alpha pride as he had gained another upper hand from the Royal Princess, Qian Qian.

Qian Qian, who was not far from Tian Lang, shivered. It got the feeling of a prey meeting its predator. This feeling was similar to what it felt from that unusual pup but far less in intensity.

Although all humans forgot about that particular event, Qian Qian hadn’t. [Memory Removal] Crystal only worked on Level 5 [Grandmaster] or below. To Level 6 [Junior Elder], it wasn’t a problem. It was the same reason that big fleshy mounded human looked at Qian Qian particularly.

Qian Qian knew an existence it couldn’t touch had their hand in this, so it refrained from investigating deeply. However, this feeling appeared once again. Qian Qian searched anxiously, but this feeling already faded away when Luo Hua City Mistress approached Tian Lang.

“This, esteemed Luo Hua City Mistress, stay well. I’ll take my leave.” Tian Lang thanked Luo Hua City Mistress profusely and tried to slip out, but the latter hugged Tian Lang’s shoulder and spoke in utter sadness, “Aih, why are you always running away from me? I came here to find you. Do you know how hard it was?”

Tian Lang looked at the three-tailed snow fox snuggling at his feet.

Hard, my ass!

But what did this human find him for?

23