Chapter 038: Summoning Grimoire
603 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[First Grimoire Summoning detected. Executing Check Code: Welcome]

[In accordance with the required code, please head to a safe place.
Continue?]

[You have chosen to continue;
You have chosen to continue without the Creator Unique code.
A qualification check will occur.]

[A prearranged code triggered under the following condition: First Summoning without Creator Unique Code.]

[Executing Event#1; Code Name: Undeserved.
Detecting source genes of the Creator in the Contractor.]

[Source Gene matched.]

[Executing Event#2; Code Name: Still Underserved.
Detecting soul signature of the Creator in the Contractor.]

[Soul Signature matched.]

[According to the Independent Grimoire Law#*: Event#1 & Event#2 has fulfilled their purpose.]

[According to the Independent Grimoire Law#**: purging [Immemorial Annihilation] from Event#1 & Event#2.]

[According to the Independent Grimoire Law#* & Law#**: Event#6 & Event#7 shall remain forever effective.]

[Initiating Event#6: Inseparable;
Independent Grimoire is connected with the Contractor’s source soul and forever inseparable.]

[Initiating Event#7: Untouched;
Independent Grimoire shall remain unresponsive from external interferences.]

[According to the Independent Grimoire Law#*: Grimoire Functions shall be unlocked.]

[Log is Unlocked.]

 

A blinding purple light flashed, and a large rectangular purple-colored book emerged from Tian Lang’s consciousness.

He quickly got out of his daze and willed the book to return. No shit, he couldn’t let this human see his Grimoire!

Usually, when humans first summoned their grimoire, they only had a copper-colored Bronze Grimoire. Similar to Yue Yang’s grimoire. Their ranks had to be increased with hard work, and vice versa.

However, Tian Lang, this Chaotic Being’s Grimoire, lacked ranking. At the front page, where the Grimoire’s Rank should be, such as [Bronze Grimoire], only had one word, [Grimoire].

Not only that, it wasn’t written in the human language but the unnamed language from his dream.

All these happened in a split of a second. Luo Hua City Mistress only saw a flash of light when it peeked from Tian Lang’s back; it found nothing. “I thought you summoned your grimoire. Did you fail?”

Tian Lang’s eyes scurried left and right. As his eyes surveyed the surroundings, he thought furiously. If he said no, that would be a lie. After all, that flash of light was too eye-catching. Plus, what if it decided to not take him?

He suddenly sat down and took some deep breath, “I did it! I have a grimoire! I-I summoned it! Yes! But why did it disappear? And why do I feel out of breath?” He even rolled his head to the side. It didn’t matter how weird he looked. He had to buy time until he figured out a believable plan.

“You, you’re spirit power is too low!” Luo Hua City Mistress said in a vicious tone that sounded full of teasing intention. “So, you, country bumpkin, have such low spirit energy that you can’t even summon your grimoire! Haha, I guess even you, this irregular country bumpkin is bad at something other than basic knowledge of life.”

Tian Lang stared blankly at the unrestrained human. Why did his attempt at buying time somehow indicate that he had small spirit power?

Small spirit power? Him?

Tian Lang only refrained from arguing since it was a good excuse. Else, might’ve shown that this Alpha lacked nothing. As for basic knowledge, those are something that humans came up with. Tian Lang refused to believe that he lacked in any way. Hmph!

“At least you have enough to summon your grimoire. This time you spent too much energy on finding the connection. You should be able to summon next time. Let’s recover your spirit energy as we move.” This time Luo Hua City Mistress pulled him and continued saying, “Let’s summon your grimoire once before we fight. I also want to see what Inherent Ability you got.”

“No need,” Tian Lang replied curtly. He was actually dying to find out about his Inherent Ability and Guardian Beast. But he had no intention of letting anyone see them.

“Aih, is that how you repay me for teaching you how to summon your grimoire?” Luo Hua City Mistress teased but didn’t insist on learning his Inherent Ability. After all, those were something Grimoire Holders kept secret. While some abilities were standard and even if their enemies knew about that, it made no difference. However, some Abilities were different. They were trump cards to the Rankers.

Besides, Grimoire summoning wasn’t a secret. Even without any knowledge or guidance transmitted by the Grimoire, summoning the grimoire was easy. If Tian Lang sat and focused on summoning, he might’ve succeeded. Though, with his forever wandering thought, it was unknown how many years that would’ve taken.

Along the way, in between its unique outbursts of laughter, Luo Hua City Mistress gave Tian Lang a lot of secret advice about the Tong Tian Tower. It told him many aspects, one thing after another, giving Tian Lang many benefits for free.

When they reached the teleportation port, it took out a small seal.

After talking with the teleportation port guard for a while, Tian Lang was then also allowed onboard the teleportation port. Before teleporting, Luo Hua City Mistress used a stern and severe tone to warn Tian Lang, “Country bumpkin, I’d like to warn you to be careful. At any point in time, you must prioritize your life, do you understand? Right now, there isn’t a Heavenly Resurrection Crystal. If you die in battle, I won’t be able to save you,”

“Heavenly Resurrection Crystal?” Tian Lang seemed to realize something when he heard it.

“Legend says that it was the ‘Godly Crystal’ that a top human Ranker brought back from the legendary Heaven Realm. As long as a person hasn’t been dead for long, and most importantly have all their body parts intact, you could use the supreme magical strength stored inside the crystal to resurrect the deceased person. As there were many invasions from demons coming from the Demon Abyss during the past thousands of years, many important Rankers died in battle. To keep the people’s hopes alive, the Heavenly Resurrection Crystals were all used up to revive the most important, most valuable, and most promising Rankers. That’s why the originally small number of Heavenly Resurrection Crystal was already used up a few hundred years ago. We have to be serious and bravely overcome dangers when we fight. We must also tread carefully, because we won’t have the chance to resurrect again,” Luo Hua City Mistress’s expression was full of strictness and solemnity.

“Heaven Realm, hmm...” Tian Lang didn’t care about any realms. The Soaring Dragon Continent and Tong Tian Tower was already too much for the current him to contain.

“Many doubt the existence of the Heaven Realm. It should be true, but the top Ranker didn’t say anything about it. They only said that when the later generations managed to reach the 8th level of Tong Tian Tower, they would understand it by themselves. I think the Heaven Realm really does exist because every time you climbed one level up the Tong Tian Tower, the space on the floor above would be at least ten times bigger than the space below. On the eighth floor, I reckoned the space would be even bigger than the whole of the Soaring Dragon Continent. Then there’s still the ninth floor. Seems like the existence of the Heaven Realm is located at a place very far away from the Demon Abyss. It might even be located in the “Outer Realm” above the high levels of Tong Tian Tower,” Luo Hua City Mistress explained as much as it could.

“One day, I’ll be there!” Lost in his thought, Tian Lang muttered unconsciously.

“Haha, of course, we younger generations must have that ambition, or we will forever remain stuck here.” Luo Hua City Mistress laughed happily, “In the meantime, we must concentrate on being careful for our next battle.”

As they spoke, Tian Lang saw a flash of white light before being teleported to another place.

His whole body tightened. It was as if there was an invisible force pressuring his body.

His body felt like it was sinking as if his weight increased by twofold. The feeling that his body was as quick and agile as a bird had faded a little.

Ugh, it’s those beasts? Tian Lang suddenly frowned. He remembered one of the most annoying creatures he fought where he met humans for the first time. It was one of the creatures that took no interest in him, and he couldn’t defeat them either. Their use of gravity slowed him down to the point of exhaustion.

Seeing Tian Lang getting worked up, Luo Hua City Mistress laughed with mirth in its eyes, “It is a restriction of the Ancient Code. The pressure would start to get stronger and stronger from the second floor of the Tong Tian Tower onwards. If you use the word gravity to describe this phenomenon, it could probably, with great difficulty, be called as such. However, our weight did not increase. It was only the effect of our bodies suffering the restrictions of the Ancient Code. You might not be used to it at first, but try to adapt to it. When we teleport to the third floor in a bit, there will be even stronger penalties... Wait for a moment. I have to report to the customs to prove your identity so that you will be able to enter.”

Now that Tian Lang noticed, the elements surrounding him were stable. As if the power working in his body was of an entirely different kind.

Tian Lang was a little surprised as he saw Luo Hua City Mistress jogging lightly to the old man who was wearing a long robe and holding a walking stick. Seems like this twofold gravity did not have much effect on it.

The Chaotic Being’s pride was pricked. Not to confuse, he could run and fight but he would feel uncomfortable all the time.

Tian Lang did a test jump and only reached five meters high. He frowned inwardly and sensed the source of the external restriction.

However, it turned out to be helpless as the restriction wasn’t planted in him. The whole floor was a big restriction itself.

He increased the power he limited. Slowly, the uncomfortable pressuring force weakened and finally disappeared. Tian Lang again limited his strength to the previous level. This time, the restriction did not return.

Seems like Tong Tian Tower’s second floor’s restrictions was actually quite trivial. As long as a Ranker’s body could reach their optimal standard, it wouldn’t affect them at all. However, how many humans had that monstrous strength to overpower the restriction with physical strength like he did?

If the mercenaries from the previous floor came here, he reckoned that they wouldn’t need to fight at all. Even walking would probably tire them out so much that they would crawl on the ground.

When Luo Hua City Mistress returned, Tian Lang was already comfortable on the ground, his movement agile beyond comparison.

This really stunned it greatly.

This brat’s body seemed to be really impressive. He could adapt in such a short amount of time... How exactly did he train himself before? Did he only train physical skills? Even if he only trained his physical abilities, how could he adapt to that level in such a short moment? Luo Hua City Mistress itself needed one whole day to adapt to the second floor’s restrictions before it finally, slowly, dispelled the effects of the penalty. Who would have ever thought that this country bumpkin only needed a few minutes to dispel the effects of the penalty. He was really impressive.

“Right, that’s it. Keep your body condition at its peak. When we reach the Third Floor, there will be even stronger restrictions. Furthermore, as soon as we exit the human’s castle, there will be a high chance of being attacked by monsters from the Demon Abyss. You have to be at your highest caution at all times as if you are in constant battle.”

Luo Hua City Mistress further warned Tian Lang as they both entered the teleportation port to the third floor of Tong Tian Tower.

As soon as the teleportation finished, Tian Lang felt the same restriction, but he adjusted fast.

The teleportation gate was located right at the top of the mountain, and below, almost over a hundred golden-armored guards protected it. At a further distance, there was a tall, gigantic wall, almost 40-50m tall, built adjacent to the mountain. A lot of the wall was built using mountain walls as a foundation. On top of the wall, many archer towers and guard posts were visible.

Looking down, the buildings below were also the same. They were built based on the mountain. There were no bricks and tiles, it essentially looked sturdy and simple.

Behind them was a large castle. Tian Lang realized that this castle was even larger than the human cities he had seen.

There were also three gigantic black stones with a different flag erected on each of them, which was all foreign to him.

“Let’s go. In this Ironfist City, we would probably be safe as long as there aren’t any attacks by the demon legion.” Luo Hua City Mistress led Tian Lang and walked towards a teleportation gate located under a small mountain.

“Demon Legion attacks this place often?” Tian Lang noticed innumerable marks left in the aftermath of the battles. A potent, bloody scent was also still lingering in the air, refusing to wear off.

“The Demon Legion would attack at least once every one to three months for sure. The warriors defending this place didn’t even have the time to gasp for breath. A battle may last for several days and nights. That was the normal occurrence. However, fortunately the three Kingdom’s elite forces were sort of united, and smaller Kingdoms sometimes came to help out as well, hence this place could still stand from the beginning to the end of the battles.”

When Luo Hua City Mistress said this, Tian Lang immediately asked, “Are the legions led by Demon King-level strong demons?” He hadn’t forgotten his plan to obtain Dark Grimoire. If such existence came here, then he would spare no effort to get his hand on one.

“You are spouting nonsense again. Why would a strong existence such as the Demon King come to the third floor to attack this city? They are mostly on the sixth or seventh floor, fighting against the higher leveled rankers. Furthermore, there is no use in attacking this place. When the human Rankers come back here, they would still be able to drive them away. Although the demons could gain the upper hand, it doesn’t mean that they can destroy us humans. The demon’s advance was only a form of training for the demon elites, and at the same time, making us mankind use up our strength…In any case, this is a competition between mankind and demons. Otherwise, why would they attack this place? The demons take our presence here as their sharpening stone, which is also the same with us. This place is the filter between ordinary people and strong Rankers. If one could come out of this place alive, then he would have hope.” Luo Hua City Mistress said as it handed Tian Lang a map while leading through the streets towards the teleportation gates in a valley upfront.

Other than the stronger gravity compared to the first floor, the third floor’s space was also a hundred times bigger than the first floor.

About 60% of the third floor’s map was occupied by the demons and 40% by humans. Both sides were separated by a huge river. The Ironfist City that he had arrived at was not the only city there, there are three more similar cities. But the scale of those cities were not as large as the Ironfist City, they simply acted as natural strongholds. On the map, there are close to 100 neutral areas that were denoted with silver circles.

According to Luo Hua City Mistress, those were the Gold King Beasts’ domains. Since neither humans nor demons could easily fight against them, these neutral areas were maintained.

The Bloody Queen that Luo Hua City Mistress brought Tian Lang to kill was locked up inside one of these neutral areas.

24