Chapter 043: What Does It Mean?
555 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Tian Lang found no trace of the Blade Massacring Demoness. Bloody Queen hugged a bronze-rank level-5 Ghost-clawed Banshee corpse and wept silently.

“Hey, you should stop now. We have–” Tian Lang couldn’t finish when Bloody Queen leaped and hugged him tightly. It bawled like a human kid while spouting a string of demon language.

Tian Lang eyed the blazing headful hair in a troubled manner. As he had quite the tall built, Bloody Queen barely reached his chest. Inwardly, Tian Lang scrunched his wolfy nose. Fine, cry as much as you want. I’ll make sure to work you hard.

Even though Tian Lang thought that his full attention was on the fleshy buns squeezing on his body. As his body got larger, Tian Lang realized just one or two pairs of fleshy mounds might not be enough to make a bed for him. But that was for another time.

As the mighty Bloody Queen, whom even one of the three prominent Demon Commander was afraid of, cried in such a frail manner, Tian Lang had the urge to protect it. He wrapped his hand around the Bloody Queen’s back and patted its head with his free hand. Definitely, he hadn’t tightened their hug to feel the fleshy mounds better. It was to make Bloody Queen feel safer! But undeniably his blood started to race once again. 

Bloody Queen only bawled louder and harder. Even though there were some surviving harpies, it basically lost everything. Even the sky pavilion was destroyed. Most of all, from its position of ruling hundreds of beasts and monsters, it became a slave of another.

Unlike normal contracts, Bloody Queen became Tian Lang’s [Guardian Beast]. It could never betray its master and flee during perilous times. If Tian Lang died, it would truly die.

Just when Tian Lang thought of throwing the Bloody Queen to his Grimoire, it gradually stopped. Wiping all the tears to his worn-out shirt, it looked up to Tian Lang.

They eyed each other silently. After crying to its heart content, Blood Queen had become extremely frail and defenseless. Its facial expression softened considerably, giving anyone the urge to kidnap it and lock in their dungeon.

All of a sudden, Tian Lang bent his neck and planted his lips on Bloody Queen’s. He had absolutely no idea why he did so either.

From the start, Tian Lang was always attracted to human eyes... and fleshy mounds, for an entirely different reason. However, as he stared at Bloody Queen’s eyes, he was attracted to its lips, something Tian Lang never bothered to spare a second glance to.

Before they knew it, their lips were tightly pressed together.

The sadness in Bloody Queen’s heart disappeared like clouds drifting away from the sky. However, similar to Tian Lang, restlessness and confusion filled its mind. Neither of them had any idea what their action meant.

They both took an awkward step back. Tian Lang shook his head to clear his mind.

He didn’t know the meaning or reason behind his action, but pondering uselessly for days would be inefficient. One thing for sure, the meat-stick between his legs became slightly hardened and wished to force its way out. Tian Lang had little space to give this small matter another thought.

He couldn’t forget the reason that he got the Bloody Queen for. “Beautiful Demonic Flower, do you have Beautiful Demonic Flowers?” Tian Lang then used his broken translation to relay some words to Bloody Queen, “Demonic Flower, beautiful, seed, get!”

The Bloody Queen replied with a long strand of Abyss’ language, opened its wings, and flew up high. Tian Lang couldn’t understand even a word out of what it said but he felt like it understood him.

Then he fished out the crystal card. The information shown on the small card was limited, but the first three highest achievements were still displayed in it. Along with his kill on the first floor, there were only 7 Demon General kills. Nothing suggested that he killed a Demon Commander.

“Tsk, I guess that Ma Li something (?) got lucky. He wasn’t that weak to die from recoil.” Tian Lang smacked his lips in regret. 

Now that everything was settled, Tian Lang carried Flower Fairy on his back as he retreated. The Shadow Leopard killed the stray demons, creating a clear path for him. The Three-tailed Snow Fox followed closely behind.

The devastation from the battle made the path quite bumpy. Tian Lang had to jump every few seconds. With Flower Fairy on his back, it was quite troublesome. So he helplessly had to grab its rear and push up, but his hands almost slipped as he froze.

This...

What was this sensation?

This familiar sensation of fleshy mounds...

Another pair of fleshy mounds on their back? Tian Lang took a chance to pinch his rear, which was as hard as a rock.

Betrayed, cheated, and devastated, Tian Lang wanted to lie down on the ground and bawl to his heart content.

Just when he gained his super soft fleshy mounds and felt proud, he learned humans had another pair of soft mounds. Was there anyone as pitiful as him? No, this won’t do. He had to go and find the real secret of fleshy mounds from Ivy Academy.

Tian Lang hastened his pace, not forgetting to grab Flower Fairy’s rear mounds. He had no time to care about Bloody Queen now. He had a summon with fleshy mounds, but in the end, it was useless if he didn’t have them. Else, wouldn’t he be lower than his own summons?

At most, if it was too late, he could de-summon the Bloody Queen.

As Tian Lang thought with great zeal, his wolfy paws vehemently rubbed Flower Fairy’s round rear using the bumpy road as an excuse. However, he soon became clear-headed and stopped his wicked acts. Even he knew humans didn’t like their fleshy mounds touched other than their healing times.

When Tian Lang got to the Flying Mountain’s descending staircase, contradicting thoughts of touching Flower Fairy’s rear mounds filled his mind. However, just then, Flower Fairy suddenly let out a whining moan. Tian Lang’s thought instantly cleared as he picked up the pace.

“What happened?” Flower Fairy was shocked. How did it end up being carried on someone’s back? It was taken aback by the masculine scent that whiffed up to its nose. Immediately, it realized that it was on the weird country bumpkin’s back, and its heart calmed down big time.

Luckily it’s him. When Flower Fairy turned its head, it saw the pavilion had collapsed. It then thought that Ma Li Ang had sent Demon Generals after them from behind, and this little brat had escaped while carrying it on his back. It couldn’t help but feel really moved in its heart.

“The pavilion is destroyed. There was no other way. I could only carry you on my back and escape.” Tian Lang intentionally replied vaguely. He kept everything under the wraps, so even if the matter was revealed afterward, he wouldn’t be implicated in any way.

“Forget it, I have already told you before, you must place your life as the utmost priority. You have done the correct thing,” Flower Fairy saw that even when this little brat was trying to escape, he had tried to think about its wellbeing. A warm feeling rose in its heart again.

At the foot of the mountain, it struggled to get down. Looking back to the peak of the Flying Mountain, it felt that something was wrong.

Knowing Ma Li Ang, it would never give up unless seriously cornered. Since it had lost one of its demon hearts, it was also feasible that they backed away. Although Flower Fairy trusted Tian Lang’s survival ability, it doubted that he could take on six demon generals. Not to mention, while Ma Li Ang provided support with its Flying Dragons.

In the sky, a golden light suddenly flashed.

The Bloody Queen lightly descended in front of Tian Lang. It carried a small silk pouch in its hand.

When Flower Fairy saw the Bloody Queen’s spirit energy that was faintly connected to Tian Lang, its small mouth immediately opened wide for a long time and asked, “You bumpkin, did you contract the Bloody Queen? It couldn’t be?” When Tian Lang was contracting the Bloody Queen, Flower Fairy had fainted due to the recoil from its spiritual energy. 

It was only joking with Tian Lang previously and never thought that he would successfully contract a gold-ranked King Beast. After all, the chances of success of the contract were extremely low. However, who would have known that this weird country bumpkin had really managed to make a contract with the Bloody Queen?

Seeing that his position was getting higher in the Flower Fairy’s eyes, Tian Lang immediately explained, “Actually, the Bloody Queen had no choice. At that time, it was near death, and if it did not contract with me, then it would have truly died.”

“Sounds like that was quite possible... Congratulations, country bumpkin. With this, you can go back to your village and walk proudly. You can also marry into a small country’s Royal Family and live happily after,” Flower Fairy was accustomed to Soaring Dragon Continent’s matter and graciously praised the foolish Chaotic Being. Then it suddenly took a stern tone, “Strictly speaking, Bloody Queen is a female and humanoid beast. Apart from its low emotional and intellectual level, it’s really close to humans. Rather than calling her ‘it’ you should give her proper respect and treatment.”

“Eh, what’s a female?” Tian Lang honestly asked. He was afraid and refrained from asking this to anyone since it seemed like common knowledge even between demon and human races. But since he encountered this word so often just this particular day, when he had become a human, he felt it was something he should know.

“Oh, are you acting as a genderless race character? Of course, a female is the opposite of you.” Flower Fairy returned to its usual demeanor and laughed him off. Then it suddenly snatched over the silk pouch that the Bloody Queen brought. Opening it, Flower Fairy immediately shouted with joy.

“Ahh!!!”

As Tian Lang endured the scream that was louder than the Banshee’s Scream, he didn’t have the time to react before Flower Fairy suddenly hugged his arms, pulled him down excitedly, planting its lips on his cheeks. It cried loudly, “This is the Beautiful Demonic Flower’s seed. There are so many of them. My room, my window, no, there was also my garden, I can plant all these Beautiful Demonic Flowers now, country bumpkin! You are really my lucky star!”

With regards to Flower Fairy’s reaction, both Tian Lang and Bloody Queen eyed intensely.

This action, didn’t it seem a little similar to what they had done just some time back...?

Flower Fairy seemed to have done that because it was happy?

If Flower Fairy was clear-minded, it might not have done anything like this. Flower Fairy was Flower Fairy indeed. Just the seed of some flower got it crazy happy.

However, Flower Fairy’s action confused both the Chaotic Being and Bloody Queen. Were they also so happy that they did it? Tian Lang was probably, maybe a little happy, Bloody Queen? Not even a bit. It was even sad.

As they pondered intensely, Flower Fairy was like a human child hopping up and down, refusing to calm down.

Tian Lang took the chance and had the Bloody Queen return back to the Grimoire. If Flower Fairy understood Demon Abyss Language and Bloody Queen were to spill something it shouldn’t, wouldn’t he lose without any reason?

The Bloody Queen whimpered in protest but went back without further trouble.

Flower Fairy was extremely energetic. It used a teleportation scroll to teleport to the Third Floor Warrior’s Guild. 

Returning to the Iron Fist City, Flower Fairy placed an extravagant amount of 20 gold in the Warrior’s Guild for a credit retrieval mission. In the end, a group of strong-looking mercenaries accepted it. Moving corpses and cleaning up battlefields were not a difficult mission, but they wouldn’t know when Demon Abyss soldiers might appear or if they would encounter any mishaps on the way. Hence, the gold reward must be ten times more than the usual and hand over in advance.

The mercenaries were veterans and immediately recognized Flower Fairy.

Flower Fairy was the City Mistress of Tong Tian Tower’s Fourth Floor. A strong Ranker whom they had to serve with utmost respect and attitude.

Tian Lang was worried that these humans might come up with some devious lies and cheat them, but Flower Fairy told him not to worry. Doing missions in the Soaring Dragon Continent might allow for a greedy intention, but inside the Tong Tian Tower, this would get you nowhere. The moment these humans accepted this mission, even if they tried to deceive one copper, their Honor points would become negative. No matter if they were army deserters or swindlers, a human with a negative honor point wouldn’t be able to use the teleportation gates to getaway.

Furthermore, in the Warriors or Mercenaries Guild, there would be a completed mission evaluation. When they were about to report their completed mission, the Crimson Piercing Eyes would evaluate if there was any corruption. If it detected a dishonest act, it would immediately order the guards to arrest them and put them in jail.

“Then we should separate here. I will go back to my house to plant these flowers. Regarding the cleaning up mission, I asked them to report to you on the First Floor instead, so I’ll leave it to you to handle it. If there’s anything, leave a message for me in the Warrior’s Guild. What, you are going to leave Tong Tian Tower. Ok, I’ll take care of it for you and send the money over. If your handwriting doesn’t look like a dog’s scrawl, you could also write a letter to me. Ah, you can’t write. You can find me on the fourth floor. Little thief, in the end, I’d like to thank you for saving me. You are really an unpredictable fellow... Train hard properly, you are a guy, so you shouldn’t be like me who only plants flowers day and night. You have to aspire to travel the world, go for an expedition to explore the Demon Abyss and Heaven Realm, and become strongest of all,” Flower Fairy hooked its slender fingers on Tian Lang’s chin, its bright eyes locking into Tian Lang’s. Its face was so close to him that he could feel its sweet, hot breath. Just as Tian Lang thought that it would plant its lips on his, it suddenly loosened its hands.

Flower Fairy laughed loudly; its laughter sounded so sweet that flowers seemed to blossom all over the place.

Finally, it walked out the door, still laughing out loud.

Tian Lang was a little at a loss. What did that particular action mean in the end?

 

Happy reading guys~

24