Chapter 048: Idiocy IS Contagious!
515 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

For the next few hours, Tian Lang read a Beast Encyclopedia. Then moved around the library and took sudden turns to match the abrupt orders. He even had to remove his shirt and take different weird and uncomfortable poses such as buffing his front muscles, back muscles, making bizarre postures.

Meng Delan touched different parts of his body or muscle every now and then and nodded thoughtfully while making comments like, “Hm, hm, this is good.” or “Oh, nice, talented student indeed.”

Tian Lang was simply unable to understand how this will help him attain his most desired fleshy mounds. When he questioned, the teacher immediately flared up, “Huh, you can’t even figure out my simple intention! I have to understand your physique to prepare the best method for you, are you really a talented student? You aren’t tricking me, are you? I don’t teach the incompetent!”

“No, Teacher Meng! How can I not understand your intention??? I was only confused and hence the question. What pose should I make next? Is this ok?” Tian Lang was really afraid. He decided not to speak without considering it over a hundred times over. This was his only easy way to glory.

Satisfied with Tian Lang’s reaction, Meng Delan nodded and stopped him, “That’s fine for now. Student, who trained your body?”

“Eh? My body? I’m born like this,” Tian Lang was confused with the abrupt question.

Meng Delan glared at Tian Lang in dissatisfaction, “Student, are you lying to your teacher?”

“Eh? Ah, I...” Tian Lang sweated profusely. This teacher had mighty means and even saw through his lies. He had to come up with something borderline. Remembering something, he immediately replied, “Right, I trained myself with a self-taught technique.”

Tian Lang remembered during his latest evolution, he unconsciously cultivated something called [Unquenchable Mystic Body]. Now that he thought about it, he hadn’t explored either of the techniques. He could never let someone know about them either. Even if he didn’t worry about the unfamiliar language, he couldn’t even write them. And since it came from his mind, it was in a way self-taught.

“Oh, I see, I see. Don’t hesitate to ask me anything. No matter what it may be.” Meng Delan made an understanding face and smiled while saying, “This is it for today. Come to the library on the second floor tomorrow at the same time. Also, keep our class a secret~ We wouldn’t want to let others find that the best teacher of the Ivy Academy is giving you personal lessons, would we?”

“Thank you very much! I won’t let a fly hear of this!” Tian Lang thanked the teacher emotionally as put on his shirt. Just when he opened the door, Meng Delan called and advised him with a worried tone, “Student Sky Wolf, remember not to interact with incompetent, idiot, and foolish students. All of them are contagious!”

Tian Lang thanked the teacher once again and quickly left the library. He thought for a while and sighed in relief. Fortunately, he was new here and hadn’t interacted with any foolish students!

Now then, where was the wicked principal who was supposed to arrange his accommodation? It hadn’t picked some shady deals, did it?

Helpless, he unwillingly knocked on the principal’s office.

“Student Sky Wolf, what is it?” came a distant voice from the room.

What, how did you know? Can you even see through walls? No matter how hateful this human was for not teaching him the secret of fleshy mounds, Tian Lang had to admit the principal lived up to its fleshy mounds. Must be grade-2 or above! “Um, I can’t find the vice-principal.”

“Just wait a moment. I will lead you there.” Shui Wu Hen opened the door in less than a minute.

As Tian Lang followed, he realized Ivy Academy’s domain was vast. From the broken down gate, he thought, they would barely have any space for classrooms but that was completely wrong.

Aside from the different kinds of buildings, there was even a luxuriously small green hill and a natural lake. In addition to the long corridor and pavilion above the lake’s surface, there were two boats floating side by side where the humans practiced their singing and dancing in a lively manner.

On the green shores of the lake, there were a few pavilions. Attractive and appealing antique buildings could be seen everywhere. Together with the surrounding lush green sceneries, the scene was extremely graceful and beautiful, warming the hearts of those who saw it.

Leaving them behind, there was a big mountain. Many villas were scattered around halfway above the hill, like stars scattered in the sky. Right in the middle, there was a gigantic building.

Throughout the path, neither of them uttered a sound. Only after stopping before a luxurious mountain Shui Wu Hen opened its mouth, “You will live in this villa. Normally you would be assigned to the high-rise dorm, but we made an exception for you. You can procure your own food or eat in the gigantic building over there. If you have any problem, report it to the vice-principal or me.”

Tian Lang nodded and they turned their back on each other.

Only then, Tian Lang let out a big breath. He didn’t expect to encounter this human so soon. Hmph, so what if you are the principal? You refused to teach me the secrets!

As Tian Lang entered the villa. He was more and more amazed. Aren’t the conditions too good to be true? He had never seen such a luxurious villa and yet, this was only for students. This, was the academy really as poor as they showed?

At least, there should be ten or twelve students, right?

However, after touring the whole villa, he only found a black-clothed human in the living room. Aside from the eyes, this human was entirely clad in black, even more than Yue Bing. Tian Lang might’ve mistaken it as a statue-in-black if it wasn’t because of the fluttering eyes and constant turning page.

Being the half-assed cautious Chaotic Being he was, Tian Lang avoided the human. For the next few days, he continued to take Shui Wu Hen and Meng Delan’s classes. During Shui Wu Hen’s class, none of them mentioned the last class or topic. The principal taught him history and summoning.

As for the rest of the time, he either played around or toured the school perimeter. He heard some exciting things, such as the lake of the school housed a Ten-Thousand-Year-Old Turtle, which was regarded as the Empire’s guardian by the Da Xia Empire. However, this Empire’s Guardian Beast did not know how to fight. It was different from the usual beasts. It was only long-lived and was regarded by many as a symbol of luck, hence its title as the Empire’s Guardian Beast.

There were also some ghost stories such as the abandoned Villa where no one lived. It took some time for Tian Lang to realize that it was the same villa as he lived. This caused him to be suspicious of his strange roommate. Could that be a ghost?

But one careful look, and he knew his roommate was anything but a ghost. Let alone the trace of gloomy and dark energy, he even found cold and vibrant life energy around his roommate.

He also had the time to explore the mysterious techniques.

Unfortunately, [True Balance Art] only had one function. Practicing this technique will create something called [True Balance Point] in the core part of the practitioner’s ethereal body. Like the name, this balance point maintains an overall balance as a whole. One didn’t even have to practice it after successfully forming the Balance Point. This made Tian Lang question, was there even any use of this technique? Why would someone make such a useless technique?

The [Unquenchable Mystic Body] was completely different in that aspect. Compared to the tiny [True Balance Art], [Unquenchable Mystic Body] was vast and endless.

As Tian Lang explored the technique, he suddenly appeared before a gigantic tree whose end couldn’t be seen. Compared to this tree, the giant Ten-Thousand-Year Ancient Oak Tree looked like a child.

Even after being so giant, the bark of the tree was still smooth and comfortable to touch, just like a young sapling. A simple touch and even a normal human would be able to feel the endless life and vitality of this tree. However, hidden in them was an untold number of energies. Countless color and combinations dyed the half-transparent lanceolate leaves, creating a wonderful yet balanced mystical scene.

Fortunately, one could slowly climb this tree as myriads of platforms were spread around. Unlike how one would expect, the first platform was the ground level, just above the roots of the tree.

In this space, Tian Lang hardly felt the limit of his vision. Let alone the ground, he could even look far away.

He made an astonishing discovery. The roots of the trees weren’t limited to the ground. No, the roots made a whole world. In the endless space, not just the tree but on the other side, even the roots of the tree spread far and wide.

Tian Lang was dazed. He had a sudden realization. Life was something more than what he took for granted. If that giant Ancient Oak Tree was ten-thousand-years old, just how old this mystical tree in front of him was? What kind of energy did it need to grow? How did it survive natural disasters so far? Surely, there must’ve been many creatures who coveted this mystical tree.

Tian Lang contemplated for a long time. However, how could this be so easy? He couldn’t even find a starting point of his thought. He reckoned he needed much more time and an equally vast experience to even understand this mystical tree one bit.

This experience might seem useless, but Tian Lang became more conscious of life and his experience. The dull moments became fun and he found all the teaching materials even more enlightening and full of profound mysteries.

Shui Wu Hen and Meng Delan obviously noticed this pleasant change.

Concurrently, Tian Lang couldn’t ignore the human, whom he shared the roof with. Being cautious was good, but living with an unknown and strange human was equally bad, right? After all, this human rarely moved if any at all, and then continued to read books like Tian Lang didn’t exist.

In the end, he approached the book reading human and asked, “Hello, fellow roommate. What’s your name?”

The black-clothed roommate stared at Tian Lang for a few seconds before finally opening its mouth, “Don’t you know you should introduce yourself first if you ask someone’s name, Sky Wolf?”

“Is that how it works? Ah, You know me?” Tian Lang was surprised. He had no idea of such introduction rules, nor did he expect this silent roommate to know him.

“Of course, aren’t you the student who can’t even count to fifty?”

Shock!

How? How did this human know? Was it following him?

“You are thinking how do I know, aren’t you?”

Shit! This human can read my mind! Tian Lang freaked out!

“Calm down. I’m not reading your mind,” the roommate plainly stated.

“Like hell I would believe that!” Tian Lang instantly flipped. He regretted even talking to this weird human. He should’ve known better!

Tian Lang watched the human from afar. It didn’t even bother trying to talk to Tian Lang again. When he moved away, it went back to reading like nothing happened. He wanted nothing to do with this human. However, he was dying to know how it read his mind.

So, while thinking, ‘I’m not thinking anything, I’m not thinking anything,’ Tian Lang approached the human. Like a vigilant pup, he asked defensively, “You, how did you read my mind?”

“As I said before, I am not reading your mind, nor did I read before. I can even tell what you are thinking now,” this time his roommate didn’t bother to look up as it responded.

“Oh? What am I thinking?”

“You are thinking that you aren’t thinking anything.”

GASP!

What followed was a bout of question and answer, “H-how did you do that?”

“I guessed.”

“Eh? How do you even guess? Is the meaning of guess still the same as I know? Do you know everything?”

“I only know what I know.”

“Then what do you know?”

“I know a lot of stuff.”

“How can you tell that I can’t count to fifty?”

“I happened to see your interesting enrollment process.”

“Then can you count to fifty?”

“Yes.”

“Can you teach me?”

“I can, so you really can’t count to fifty?”

“Cough cough,” Tian Lang was speechless. Do you have to ask when you already know? Hoping to avoid the awkwardness, Tian Lang changed the topic, “Then can you teach me how to guess others thought?”

“Give up. That’s not as easy as number counting.”

“Try me, I can learn anything!”

“Even though you don’t have fleshy mounds?”

“Kuk, I-I will have them soon enough!” For some reason, Tian Lang felt this human knew exactly where to attack him.

“Forget it, it’s not that I don’t wish to teach you, but not everyone can do that. You need to understand people. Forget about understanding others, you don’t even understand yourself.”

Tian Lang gawked with his eyes wide open. This human understood him very well indeed. It even knew he didn’t understand his own self. But how could he back down when it was about himself?

“Who said I don’t understand myself? I’m the most unique existence of this world, the Alpha Wo–Alpha Human!”

This roommate’s tone finally changed a little and sounded a bit baffled, “Do you even know what Alpha means?”

“...Doesn’t that mean the best?” Tian Lang hesitated but forced himself to utter his thoughts, which only cost him a second to regret.

The roommate simply covered its already hidden mouth with the book. It didn’t say anything for a long time. Just when Tian Lang got fidgety, it said grimly, “First, let’s start with the basics of Alpha...”

(Alt. Title: Easy Path? Beware of Scams; Teacher, Teachers Everywhere; What Does Alpha Mean? Is That Even Important?;)

 

Look forward to the next chapter, the destined time has come.

20