Chapter 050: I Want To Look At Your Eyes
521 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Regular Classes... Tian Lang had no idea what to think of them. He was strongly prohibited from approaching them. He could only hear some rumors and gossip from students far away, which was equal to nothing.

Forget it, Tian Lang decided not to bother with it. Anyway, he would learn more about them when the time comes.

Now that he thought about it, Tian Lang wondered what Teacher Meng meant by getting his hands on fleshy mounds. Did she have a way to add some breasts in his? Maybe he had to cut some big breasts and merge them on his chest?

But he didn’t want them anymore. They won’t help him get stronger.

B-but it might not be bad to have some, right...?

It would be troubling once he led hundreds of thousands of humans to battle, no? He would give a glorious speech like those historical figures and all those soldiers would concentrate on his fleshy mounds...

Wait... doesn’t that sound more tempting? That meant all those soldiers will have their attention on him! How wonderful!

Tian Lang conflicted inwardly but shook his head. He made his decision. As a proud Alpha Wolf, he couldn’t let himself be tempted by some m-measly l-lumps of fat, o-ok?

As those conflicting thoughts ran through his head, Tian Lang headed to his room.

“Wolfy!” When he was passing through the living room, his roommate waved and called him.

Tian Lang smiled, but his face rigid. Instead of smiling towards his friends, it looked like a chilling smirk he would reveal towards his enemies. Returning his friendly roommate’s calling, he also called out, “Blacky!”

Throughout the month, they were already at a level to twist their words to make fun of each other. Tian Lang wasn’t left behind either. His straight one-lined mind started to become flexible. Blacky was one of his proud creations, and seeing how it bothers his roommate amused him even more.

The mysterious black-clothed roommate instantly frowned, and her eyes went a notch sharper, “Didn’t I tell you not to call me that and wipe off that perverted smirk.”

“I can’t help it. You won’t tell me your name, and all I can think of you are black. You wear black, your eyes are black, and your long hair is equally black. Hence Blacky. If you don’t want me to call you blacky give me your name. Or~, you have white skin, I can call you Whitey...?” Tian Lang made a helpless gesture and wondered louder.

He had asked this mysterious roommate’s name, but she said he could find out if he had the ability. Naturally, Tian Lang asked the Principal, but according to her, Tian Lang was assigned to this villa all alone. He had no roommate.

Apparently, this Mysterious Book-Reading Beauty barged in this villa before Tian Lang’s arrival and had no intention of leaving.

“That’s worse,” the roommate just shooed Tian Lang away. Indicating him not to distract her.

Contrarily, Tian Lang sat beside her and leaned on the couch. With slight difficulty, he peered at the book.

A beast with quite a special appearance was illustrated in the book. The creature had a dragon head with deer-like horns, a pair of lion’s eyes, a tiger’s back, and an ox’s tail along with snake scales all over its body.

Two words were written below with bold fonts.

Mythical Beast

“Mythical Beast? What’s that?” Tian Lang questioned curiously.

“Have they taught you about Holy Beasts?” The roommate replied with a question.

“Nope. Teacher Wu Hen only covered till Diamond Rank. I know there’s a Holy Rank above that, but dunno much about them. She said those will be covered later on.” Tian Lang casually said, perking his ear for her reply.

The roommate acutely caught Tian Lang’s pronunciation and smiled. “Even if I don’t tell you, you are going to encounter them anyway, but I am guessing you won’t leave me alone until I explain everything.”

She stopped for a moment and organized her thoughts.

“Holy Beasts are called beasts closest to a Human being. They have high intelligence and capability of speech. There are several ways to cultivate Holy Beasts. Most of the methods are lost now and we have to rely on Tong Tian Tower to cultivate our beast’s intelligence.

“Let’s take a few as examples, like the World Tree Quest that rewards a Wisdom Fruit. The Twelve Zodiac Temples on the First Floor or the Heaven, Earth, and Humanity Halls on the Second Floor that directly rewards a Beast with sentience when successfully completed. Other methods are the refining of magic pills that increase Beasts’ intelligence.

“Normally, depending on the beast’s talent, a Platinum ranked beast only takes from a decade to a few decades. Once you climb the tower, you will encounter more and more of them. But that doesn’t mean they are abundant, only a strong and qualified warrior has a Holy Beast. As for the beasts who cultivated to that level on their own, their numbers are meager.

“Holy Beast Rank doesn’t follow the previous leveling system. They are identified with Tiers, such as First Tier Holy Beast, Second Tier Holy Beast, and so on.

“As for Mythical Beasts, even I have only read them in books or heard rumors. Their most defining features are that they have a Grimoire. I only know this much.

“This book was written by a powerful warrior 300 years ago. According to the book’s author, he was resting in a cave when a fierce fight broke out between a mysterious unknown beast and multiple Great Demon King level powerhouses. The demons expanded all their efforts to capture the creature. According to the early signs of the fight, the beast was already exhausted and injured. Even then the Demon Kings had to spare their all effort to capture this beast.

“This is just an assumption of the author that this is a legendary Mythical Beast. We can’t say anything for sure.”

Tian Lang went through a few roller coasters of emotions during her explanation. He was likely a Holy Beast. He wanted to get help from Tong Tian Tower, but that shitty tower gave everything to the [Shadow Leopard] and [Twin Flower Thorny Vines].

In the end, it was still unclear how he managed to evolve. He also became confused as to how Yue Bing helped in his evolution?

Remembering the girl who proclaimed to follow him, Tian Lang shook his head. He definitely had to ask her when they met next time.

The most surprising thing was definitely the Author, who wrote the book 300 years ago. Three Hundred Years...

That was only a little less than three hundred of his already lived life-time. After all, it had been only one year and something months since his birth. He hardly had any recollection of before one year. Only the desire for the purple and golden glowy treasure was vivid to his mind.

As for Mythical Beasts, wasn’t he already considered a Mythical Beast then? That... seemed a bit too far-fetched, no? Yeah, he realized that his all-knowing roommate also had things she didn’t know.

Noticing Tian Lang’s gaze, the mysterious roommate spoke in a grumpy but pleasant tone, “What? You think I know everything?”

“Tch, and you say you can’t read my thoughts,” Tian Lang scoffed.

“Even if your face is made of rock, your eyes are clear as a mirror. I can see that ridiculous sympathy clear as day!”

Tian Lang instantly neared her face and asked curiously, “Really? Can you see your face in my eyes?”

“Hey, keep your distance,” The mysterious roommate pushed his face away, “That was just a metaphor. Met-a-phor. OK? It means a figure of speech used to describe something similar but not literally applicable or true. You should read the dictionary I lent you more.”

“I’m reading it regularly, alright. It’s just too thick and long!” justified Tian Lang.

The mysterious roommate eyed Tian Lang, a bit dumbfounded. Why did his excuse sound so wrong? No, could it even be more wrong? If she didn’t know him, she would’ve thought Tian Lang was speaking about something entirely different, something dirty. She gave him a suspicious glare, wondering if he learned one or two things about those, yeah, those bad things.

Tian Lang also glared back. His was more of a cold-faced scary glare, but as the glaring contest continued for a long time, their eyes got tired and softened. The glare contest transformed into simple eye contact.

The mysterious roommate coughed silently and turned away.

Tian Lang twisted his brows and asked in wonder, “Hey, how can you turn away?”

“Why can’t I?”

“I mean, I felt like I was connecting with you. You-” since the distance between them was only the empty space of the couch, Tian Lang approached to face her, “Come, let me try that again.”

The mysterious roommate placed a book between them as a wall and said sharply, “Wolfy, you are getting daring day by day. Cross this–”

Tian Lang grabbed the book and looked from above, “I just want to keep some eye-contact. Why are you getting so defensive? I felt like I could understand you. I want that again!”

Tian Lang extended his neck forward and met her eyes again. Just like a mischievous pup preparing to play a prank.

“You’re being unreasonable!” The mysterious roommate left the book in his hand and jumped to the second floor.

How could Tian Lang let her go so easily? Could he not jump? He followed her like a leech. However, as one would expect from Tian Lang. His landing was one thing, but his jump at least broke one or two items. Even the walls had tears and cracks.

Every time Tian Lang almost had her, this roomie somehow mysteriously slipped past him. And her jump was smooth. Rather than jumping, she was like a fairy, flying from one place to another.

“Wolfy! You still have a chance. Get back to the living room, and I’ll act as if nothing happened,” the roomie warned but was Tian Lang someone to listen?

He almost forgot the initial reason for his chase. Chasing her somewhat reminded him of the time when Hanying’s men chased him. That time Tian Lang felt excited because they worked in vain to find him. It was a wondrous experience he hadn’t forgotten.

Chasing this mysterious roommate also gave him that similar excitement. No, it was better. That time it was pure excitement. Now, besides the excitement, he felt happy and had the same feeling of eating dark chocolates. It was a type of euphoria he hadn’t experienced before.

How could he let this feeling disappear so easily?

Rather than catching her in one swoop, he gave her a hard time. When he realized he was about to capture her, he intentionally missed and continued the chase.

As for her occasional threats and warning, he either countered or shrugged them off.

Two hours later, the roommate who didn’t leave the villa throughout the whole chase tripped and fell on a table. Tian Lang didn’t miss the chance and pinned her down. He restricted her arms in place. Only after locking her eyes with his did he let out a big breath of air.

Even though he wasn’t tired, the excitement got his heart beating faster. It had been a while since he moved in this manner. Besides, it came as a surprise that this roomie who had always spent her time in the living room was so powerful.

While Tian Lang heaved for breath, his roommate heaved harder. A thin layer of perspiration covered her skin and dampened the black dress as an inviting aroma pervaded the air.

Tian Lang’s nose twitched as he took large breaths of that inviting aroma. For some reason, his body started to get hot and his heart beat faster. He heaved strongly for breath whilst a musky scent secreted from his body.

While they heaved irregularly, their eyes remained locked. Tian Lang found that same feeling of being connected, but then the roommate suddenly closed her eyes again and turned away.

Tian Lang creased his brows and thought of a plan to make her eyes open. He couldn’t use his hands as they were used to restrict her arms straight.

While Tian Lang thought, their breath and bodily aroma intertwined and permeated the air.

Tian Lang suddenly felt her arms squeeze. Contrary to his expected fightback, she suddenly relaxed and opened her moist eyes.

“I’m warning you, don’t try anything other than looking.”

“What can I do other than looking?” Tian Lang smiled as he met her eyes. She finally gave in.

The previous feeling of connection returned as Tian Lang relaxed his heart.

In that instant, he found himself getting dragged deeper.

20